PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo fantasy football

kpcane
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I know it's early, but I started a league for those as anxious as I am for fantasy football.
It's a private league "Finheaven League #1"
password is mattroth (one word)

The draft is June 17 (sun) at 2 pm, but if you use presets, it will pick automatically for you.

First ten get to play, but you must have a Yahoo User ID.

See you on the field!!

Edit: League ID is 160181

fins4o8
07-06-2005, 02:25 PM
dont you mean July 17th?

kpcane
07-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Come on girls, it's free and it'll give you something to do so your football mind doesn't waste away in the next couple weeks.

kpcane
07-06-2005, 02:26 PM
dont you mean July 17th?

Yes I do. Don't worry though, I still think it's 2003. If I'm one month off on something...that's a good sign.

Nublar7
07-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Come on girls, it's free and it'll give you something to do so your football mind doesn't waste away in the next couple weeks.
I would join, but I am currently in FOUR Yahoo leagues, so I don't want to keep adding them on. Hard to keep track as it is, sorry.

fins4o8
07-06-2005, 02:29 PM
i signed up. cya on draft day!

AZfinfan
07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
i can't do it here at work, but if there is any spots availible when I get home count me in.

phinz_fan
07-06-2005, 02:33 PM
You guys are drafting on July 17th? That's craziness. You know how much can change between now and game day? Injuries? Hold outs? Etc?

FinsAreLife
07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
how do you set it to presets??

nighttrain76
07-06-2005, 02:37 PM
i can't do it here at work, but if there is any spots availible when I get home count me in.

Sounds like somebody's IT department is blocking all the good stuff :D

FinsAreLife
07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
how do you set it to presets??

anyone have an answer to my ??

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
phinz fan, I agree 1000%. Nothing against your league kpcane, but that's nuts. As fanatical as I am, if I were to draft someone now, and he decides to skip the season cause he wants $3.75 more, and a cheeseburger on his contract, I would go freakin ballistic. Like I said, nothing against your league, I wish you guys the best, and have fun, but you might want to think about it twice.

arsenal
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
You guys are drafting on July 17th? That's craziness. You know how much can change between now and game day? Injuries? Hold outs? Etc?

i was gonna say the same thing... i know people get excited to pick their teams, but lets be serious... if LT goes down in the first game of the preseason and is out for the year youd be PISSED if you used your number 1 pick on the guy... the later the draft the better...

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
you have to preorder your draft. I don't have it in front of me, by somewhere on your team page, there should be a link to preset your draft order. It will just pick off your players that are still available, one by one

fins4o8
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
i was gonna say the same thing... i know people get excited to pick their teams, but lets be serious... if LT goes down in the first game of the preseason and is out for the year youd be PISSED if you used your number 1 pick on the guy... the later the draft the better...

can he change the date of the draft?

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:04 PM
hey, now that I am on a thread with high participation, does anyone know why my browser at work would treat the text box when quoting a post, or starting a new thread as a picture?

arsenal
07-06-2005, 03:05 PM
can he change the date of the draft?

yeah he can make it for whatevers available on yahoo

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I guess it's not that high on participation. Anyone?

arsenal
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
hey, now that I am on a thread with high participation, does anyone know why my browser at work would treat the text box when quoting a post, or starting a new thread as a picture?

why your browser at work would treat the text box? huh... treat as what?

phinz_fan
07-06-2005, 03:14 PM
phinz fan, I agree 1000%. Nothing against your league kpcane, but that's nuts. As fanatical as I am, if I were to draft someone now, and he decides to skip the season cause he wants $3.75 more, and a cheeseburger on his contract, I would go freakin ballistic. Like I said, nothing against your league, I wish you guys the best, and have fun, but you might want to think about it twice.

Isn't that exactly what Terrell Owens is asking for?

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
it's treating the text box as a picture. I can't alter anything on it. And when I right click inside of the box, it gives me the option to save picture as.....suggestions?

ChambersNBoston
07-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I know it's early, but I started a league for those as anxious as I am for fantasy football.

The draft is June 17 (sun) at 2 pm, but if you use presets, it will pick automatically for you.

See you on the field!!

:rawk: I'm in! Goodluck fellas...let me have Chambers please...thats all i ask...and JT and Zach...and Randy :lol:

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
T.O. doesn't know what he wants. I'm waiting for a press conference with him announcing that he was just bull sh*tting this whole time, he never liked the eagles anyway, and he will be reporting to 49'ers camp next week

ChambersNBoston
07-06-2005, 03:19 PM
ONE MORE SPOT OPEN!!!ID:160181 PW:mattroth

poisonphin
07-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Im in.

ChambersNBoston
07-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Sweet were filled up now Goodluck guys!

Prime
07-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I would've joined but i don't like being in alot of FF Leauge because i can't keep track of them all.

ChambersNBoston
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Since im gonna win this thing...I just wanted there to be some kind reward or recognition at the end of this season...I say some make a sick SIG. that has the champion's name (i.e.ChambersNBoston)...2005 Finheaven FFL Champ...and the sig has to look nice...agreed?

ChambersNBoston
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I would've joined but i don't like being in alot of FF Leauge because i can't keep track of them all.
True and you start contradicting ur other teams becuz of the same players and matchups

Dubfire
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM

See you on the field!!

I'll join, but that's way too early for a draft. Can you change it?

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 03:30 PM
arsenal, or someone else, can you make a thread in the complaints and questions section regarding my problem with the thread starting. As I said, I can't start a new thread cause it tells me I have to at least enter one letter or something like that, which I can't, because my text box is a picture

finnyboy002
07-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I think it would be really cool to have a yahoo league with fellow FinHeaven members but like so many people have already mentioned that draft is way too early. I usually join leagues that have them 1 week or so before the season starts. If anyone wants to set one up that way I'd love to join! :up:

FinsAreLife
07-06-2005, 04:11 PM
i would still like to know how to preset

FinsAreLife
07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
I think it would be really cool to have a yahoo league with fellow FinHeaven members but like so many people have already mentioned that draft is way too early. I usually join leagues that have them 1 week or so before the season starts. If anyone wants to set one up that way I'd love to join! :up:

i agree, but what do you expect from something being free, its fun though so what the heck

TjHawk
07-06-2005, 04:31 PM

I usually hold my drafts after the 3rd preseason game. The names are Sacked and SOiLed. Either look for them than or give me a hollar and I'll save your yahoo id for when I form the league. Last year i had 4 custom leagues for Sacked and SOiLed. Each with different styles like 2 qb's or defense players. Just tell me what ya like.

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm not a vet or anything, but I would be willing to set up a league if enough of you guys are willing to participate. All phin fans are my brothers, so anyone is allowed. FinsAreLife, if you're still around I'll show you if I get a couple of guys to respond that they want to join in.

fins4o8
07-06-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm not a vet or anything, but I would be willing to set up a league if enough of you guys are willing to participate. All phin fans are my brothers, so anyone is allowed. FinsAreLife, if you're still around I'll show you if I get a couple of guys to respond that they want to join in.

i will be willing to join this league if it is set up. can you make sure the draft date is in Sept =)

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 04:51 PM
damn, I'm looking at the times, and it's going to be tough. I am at work right now, and I am able to be on now, but I won't know for sure if I can get on. I can get 11 p.m. on the 31st of July. How does that sound?

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 04:55 PM
or at 6 p.m., but that would make it tight for me

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 04:57 PM
the best time is at 7 8 or 9, and the latest for those times is the 30th of july, so let me know.

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 04:58 PM
wait a minute, I'm talking crap, disregard all those posts, I skipped the entire month of August. Hold on

Pinrod33
07-06-2005, 05:02 PM
fins4o8, you there?

kpcane
07-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Alright guys...answers to the questions...

For the presets: you have to click on your name once you get inside the league's website. This should lead you to your team's page with all of your player slots. There should be a sign that says "Pre-Draft Player rankings". You can then put everyone in the order you want them to be drafted.

And yes I can change the draft time. It seems you guys would like it after the preseason is over, and if this is the case let me know. The sooner the better because these times go up quickly, I just hope nobody forgets about it. I wanted to do it now because my football mind is really bored and I wanted to have something to do until preseason starts. So....if you want the draft changed put it down on the league website, because it's much easier for me to access than going through all of these forum pages.

finnyboy002
07-08-2005, 04:08 PM
I usually hold my drafts after the 3rd preseason game. The names are Sacked and SOiLed. Either look for them than or give me a hollar and I'll save your yahoo id for when I form the league. Last year i had 4 custom leagues for Sacked and SOiLed. Each with different styles like 2 qb's or defense players. Just tell me what ya like.

That sounds good bro. Depending if we fill out the league (12 players is a good #) I'm flexible but when it comes to points I like a standard point scoring system like 6 points for a TD, 1 point for every ten yards rushing or receiving and stuff like that. My yahoo ID is also finnyboy002. Hope to hear from ya!