PDA

View Full Version : Just bought NCAA 06

Amars
07-09-2005, 08:30 PM
I went to my local Target and they had 4 copies on display. I asked the guy if they are for sale and he said he just put them out because there was no street date on them.

The gameplay is great. You can choose road to the heisman. You start off as a high school player and get to do 1 practice drill then depending on how good you do you get offered scholorships from schools or you can be a walk-on for your favorite team. When playing the game the screen trembles as the crowd gets louder. Took me a while to figure that out. I thought my ps2 was messing up. Im just starting so i haven't gone to far in the season. You have playmaker players that are highlghted in white and pulsate faster when he in the zone during the game. The control are little different then madden you juke by using the right analog stick. They have a msacot challenge but I haven't played that yet, but it says new next to it.

To play Online they want you to PAY $2.00 to join EA NATION or free but you have to choose a espn offer so they can solict you stuff by phone or mail. Basically telemarketing to sell you stuff.

mor911
07-10-2005, 03:46 AM
To play Online they want you to PAY $2.00 to join EA NATION or free but you have to choose a espn offer so they can solict you stuff by phone or mail. Basically telemarketing to sell you stuff.
What the flaming F@#K is that about? Them owning the NFL and NCAA lisences aren't enough? They want $2 more or permission to spam you?? Sorry Amars, the game sounds great... Until you explained this part. Sounds like EA bull**** to me.....

TerryTate
07-10-2005, 04:52 AM
What the flaming F@#K is that about? Them owning the NFL and NCAA lisences aren't enough? They want $2 more or permission to spam you?? Sorry Amars, the game sounds great... Until you explained this part. Sounds like EA bull**** to me.....

Can you have them spam a mailbox or e-mail? Which is it? If a credit card isnt required ill just have them spam an imaginary mailbox

John Biello
07-10-2005, 12:14 PM
just trying to get a rise out of you, nothing that hasnt been said on any preview website out there...see ign.com

dolphinfan2k5
07-10-2005, 01:56 PM
When does it officially come out?

John Biello
07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
11th or 12th some stores will open at midnite the nite before, depends on who you buy it from...

Predaphin
07-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I hope Madden 06 doesnt have the same crap

Motion
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I hope Madden 06 doesnt have the same crap

Is $2 really going to break you? :confused:

Dudeman
07-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I went to my local Target and they had 4 copies on display. I asked the guy if they are for sale and he said he just put them out because there was no street date on them.

The gameplay is great. You can choose road to the heisman. You start off as a high school player and get to do 1 practice drill then depending on how good you do you get offered scholorships from schools or you can be a walk-on for your favorite team. When playing the game the screen trembles as the crowd gets louder. Took me a while to figure that out. I thought my ps2 was messing up. Im just starting so i haven't gone to far in the season. You have playmaker players that are highlghted in white and pulsate faster when he in the zone during the game. The control are little different then madden you juke by using the right analog stick. They have a msacot challenge but I haven't played that yet, but it says new next to it.

hey man, can you do me a favor? can you check out the Hawai'i uniforms and try to describe them? Every year EA has gotten them wrong by putting the tatoos on both sides of the uni. UH is also adding silver unis this year, with silver helmets....did they make them in?

AirFishOne
07-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I also have a favor to ask u man, srry but did they make OU suck on this game,

also is Adrain Peterson alot better than it in 05?

thx in adavnce

kastofsna120
07-10-2005, 10:11 PM
of course peterson will be better in this year's version...

Motion
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I also have a favor to ask u man, srry but did they make OU suck on this game,

also is Adrain Peterson alot better than it in 05?

thx in adavnce

You couldn't possibly have expected them to know how good Peterson was gonna be. :eek: :shakeno:

AirFishOne
07-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Yea i know but I heard that they made Peterson SLOW, I guess it was just a rumor

UCFinfan86
07-11-2005, 12:05 AM
WHen the game comes out im looking to buy a roster with all the players names on it this way i can just rent the game for a week and simulate a couple of years and ill be ready for madden. If any of you guys are putting names in l et me know and ill pay you for roster

Motion
07-11-2005, 06:55 AM
WHen the game comes out im looking to buy a roster with all the players names on it this way i can just rent the game for a week and simulate a couple of years and ill be ready for madden. If any of you guys are putting names in l et me know and ill pay you for roster

Check out www.psxsports.com (http://www.ps2rosters.com)

Motion
07-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Yea i know but I heard that they made Peterson SLOW, I guess it was just a rumor

You can always go in and change his ratings to what you think they should be when you get the game.

Amars
07-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Sorry was gone all weekend will check regarding the questions you guys have about Hawaii and Adrian Peterson. But I gotta go to work now.

AirFishOne
07-11-2005, 02:54 PM
k thx man

wonderl33t
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Peterson was 92 speed in the 2005 game. Also, in dynasty play, he usually wins the Heisman as a senior. EA did a good job there imo. There was no way to predict that he would be superhuman

TheAnswer385
07-11-2005, 04:56 PM
it actualy is supose to come out tuesday right?

AirFishOne
07-11-2005, 05:23 PM
yea ^^ I guess some stores are having special early sales.

Motion
07-11-2005, 10:32 PM
it actualy is supose to come out tuesday right?

All the ads I've seen say "In Stores Tuesday July 12th"

backpacker
07-12-2005, 12:50 AM
me and my friend are like broke right now and have to put our money together so we can get it then let each other borrow it. thats gonna be a pain in the butt

Motion
07-12-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm ready to get my game on tonight!

Amars
07-12-2005, 01:52 PM
answer for your hawaii question the uni are black silver white and green. Adrian Peterson is a stud. I used him for one 2 series and he hits the hole fast and breaks at least one tackle everytime. What even more impressive are the blockers in front of him. They are great. Just follow your block and you can break a big 15-20yd gain.

I'll challenge anyone. My screen name is AMARS. hit me up. USC BABY. Reggie Bush this year hiesman winner

HugeFinFan
07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm playing... great game

I'm 5-0 online if someone wants to play

AirFishOne
07-12-2005, 03:25 PM
answer for your hawaii question the uni are black silver white and green. Adrian Peterson is a stud. I used him for one 2 series and he hits the hole fast and breaks at least one tackle everytime. What even more impressive are the blockers in front of him. They are great. Just follow your block and you can break a big 15-20yd gain.

I'll challenge anyone. My screen name is AMARS. hit me up. USC BABY. Reggie Bush this year hiesman winner

ah ur a USC fan :( enjoy ur sucess while it lasts...:)

backpacker
07-12-2005, 04:41 PM
i got it. the controls are alot different then last year's. the road to heismans really cool, i got an offer to usc, but i decided to walk on to miami. cool game

Motion
07-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Great game. Good bit different than last year's. Took me about a half a game to get a feel for it. Graphics are very impressive. Getting a first hand look at the new "Spread Option" playbook for Florida has me even more excited for the real season to start!

AirFishOne
07-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Is there still teh Sports Illustrated feature? I heard they got a nother mag for the game, it may be a rumor i dont know.

AirFishOne
07-12-2005, 10:54 PM
only posted this so i could get 500 posts :D

JPhinfan86
07-13-2005, 04:12 AM
On my 5 1/2 hour shift today we sold 20 freakin' copies of NCAA '06!!! 17 for PS2 and 3 for XBOX. I didn't have a chance to look at the numbers of the previous 6 hours before I clocked in but I know it sold very well.

Motion
07-13-2005, 09:27 AM
On my 5 1/2 hour shift today we sold 20 freakin' copies of NCAA '06!!! 17 for PS2 and 3 for XBOX. I didn't have a chance to look at the numbers of the previous 6 hours before I clocked in but I know it sold very well.

Great games usually do sell well! :D

Prime
07-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I am going to Wal-Mart today to see if they have it in.

John Biello
07-13-2005, 12:44 PM
the game is awesome. a big step out from ea. alot of us espn will notice some similarirties to our beloved t2k5...like tapping A to get an advantage in a tackle animation sequence, or the B ( x box ) to swtich players. the tackle animations are sweet. makes me believe madden is going to be great as well.

mor911
07-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Can someone look on the back of the box (Xbox), and see if it supports 480p or 720p please? Just wanna know what to look for in HD :D

Edit - I'm talking about the back of ncaa 06 box, not the back of the Xbox. I meant the Xbox version of the game. Just to clarify...

Buddwalk
07-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Saving all my money right now for a halfstack amp...but maybe i'll check it out...definitely getting madden though just cause i need a football game

Motion
07-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Can someone look on the back of the box (Xbox), and see if it supports 480p or 720p please? Just wanna know what to look for in HD :D

Edit - I'm talking about the back of ncaa 06 box, not the back of the Xbox. I meant the Xbox version of the game. Just to clarify...

HD or not, the graphics are very impressive(even on my PS2:tongue: )

Motion
07-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I love the feel of this game. How you can cut on a dime and the speed of the game is so much more realistic than Madden.

AirFishOne
07-14-2005, 12:46 AM
I want the game now!

Boone
07-14-2005, 12:56 AM
only posted this so i could get 500 posts :D
Post whore! :tongue:

Prime
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
I got the game lastnight and it is one awesome game. I had a hard time choosing between QB and RB, but at the end i choosed to be a RB. The highest ranked team that made an offer for me was Flordia and i took it.

Motion
07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I got the game lastnight and it is one awesome game. I had a hard time choosing between QB and RB, but at the end i choosed to be a RB. The highest ranked team that made an offer for me was Flordia and i took it.

Have fun with their playbook. Some crazy plays.

mor911
07-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Ok... I'm prepared to feel the wrath for this, but here goes...

This game blows. I got it last night, and was waiting to play the greatest football game ever. All I got was a college game that would lead someone to believe that the Florida State Seminoles were actually the '72 Dolphins in disguise. I've never seen a QB make amazing 50+ yard passes 9 times in one game while being hit.

The character models are aweful and look just as bad as last years madden game. The game's control are awesome, and I love the new scheme. It supports HD 480p which is nice, and the sound is amazing. But in the end, it didn't feel real. It felt generic.

When the player stand straight up their elbows all look broken and everyone stands the exact same way... And when people run into the endzone, for some reason they come to a dead stop. Really annoying. I want to run INTO the endzone.

The race to heisman feature is awesome. Great presentation. The "big play" dances are just so stupid it's funny. Watching my guy jump around like a jacka$$ made me want to cry.

I was just disappointed guys... IMO ofcourse.

So? Let me have it. :yell:

kastofsna120
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM

This game blows. I got it last night, and was waiting to play the greatest football game ever. All I got was a college game that would lead someone to believe that the Florida State Seminoles were actually the '72 Dolphins in disguise. I've never seen a QB make amazing 50+ yard passes 9 times in one game while being hit.

The character models are aweful and look just as bad as last years madden game. The game's control are awesome, and I love the new scheme. It supports HD 480p which is nice, and the sound is amazing. But in the end, it didn't feel real. It felt generic.

When the player stand straight up their elbows all look broken and everyone stands the exact same way... And when people run into the endzone, for some reason they come to a dead stop. Really annoying. I want to run INTO the endzone.

The race to heisman feature is awesome. Great presentation. The "big play" dances are just so stupid it's funny. Watching my guy jump around like a jacka$$ made me want to cry.

your biggest complaints are graphics, so whatever

mor911
07-14-2005, 12:11 PM
your biggest complaints are graphics, so whatever
I think for $50 I have the right to have a great looking game.

wonderl33t
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Wow, I disgaree with you on every point. I think the game is more or less realistic, graphics are great, and Race for the Heisman is a boring gimmick.

If you're having problems with bombs, turn down the QB accuracy sliders. Also maybe you need to call better defenses. Cover-2 Man is best against bombs. Sometimes a 4 deep prevent zone works better, but not usually

mor911
07-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Wow, I disgaree with you on every point. I think the game is more or less realistic, graphics are great, and Race for the Heisman is a boring gimmick.

If you're having problems with bombs, turn down the QB accuracy sliders. Also maybe you need to call better defenses. Cover-2 Man is best against bombs. Sometimes a 4 deep prevent zone works better, but not usually
Thank you. Both for constructively expressing your point, and giving me a pointer to help me try and enjoy my $50 a little better. :D

Motion
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
First off, Everyone is entitled to their own opinion........

While I agree that bombs are pretty common. I'm shocked to see someone complain about the graphics, especially of the players. IMO, its the best looking football game I've ever seen.

I don't have that problem, I usually run at least half way through the endzone. :confused:

To each their own.

Motion
07-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Hey Mor, what difficulty are you playing on?

Timmy54
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Well i have to say that I really enjoy this game but it is not realistic. I am doing the qb heisman and got a ride at texas. The defense is alot harder in this years model. I went into ohio state and just could not stop them-there wide out would catch everything. then, in game 3, I threw for 850 9tds vs rice. We put up 121!! That is the most I have ever put on a game! Love the graphics and how can you not love the td dances. It may cost you 15 yards but they rock, even when a d-line man does his td dance!!!

mor911
07-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Mor, what difficulty are you playing on?
I left it on the default setting Varsity.

shane_109
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
the game is great cant wait for madden

shane_109
07-14-2005, 02:18 PM
p.s. the gators suck

kastofsna120
07-14-2005, 05:40 PM
just got it in the mail...great game so far, didn't expect anything less

backpacker
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Well i have to say that I really enjoy this game but it is not realistic. I am doing the qb heisman and got a ride at texas. The defense is alot harder in this years model. I went into ohio state and just could not stop them-there wide out would catch everything. then, in game 3, I threw for 850 9tds vs rice. We put up 121!! That is the most I have ever put on a game! Love the graphics and how can you not love the td dances. It may cost you 15 yards but they rock, even when a d-line man does his td dance!!!

playin the extra easy mode there buddy?

Timmy54
07-15-2005, 09:49 AM
playin the extra easy mode there buddy?

No i play on varsity mode. And i wasnt trying to say i was the all king of football, i was saying there are some unrealistic things about the game. also, you want to see some hight scores, check out madden nation where i saw someone said he put up 150 on some computer team. that doesnt even sound fun. the only reason i did mine was i was mad from loosing a close on to ohio state.

Doktor Ivel
07-15-2005, 11:52 AM
its great to play online.

phillyphinphan
07-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Does anybody have the roster w/ names that they'd be willing to share? Also, if I go online will it update the roster w/ names??

mor911
07-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Does anybody have the roster w/ names that they'd be willing to share? Also, if I go online will it update the roster w/ names??
You can go in an update everyone's name your self... But going online will not. It is illegal for a company to endorse college players.

backpacker
07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
You can go in an update everyone's name your self... But going online will not. It is illegal for a company to endorse college players.

unless ur doing just one team or just the stars, doing it urself would take days

Dudeman
07-16-2005, 02:21 PM

just go to www.fkrosters.com (http://www.fkrosters.com) for xbox

www.geekrosters.com (http://www.geekrosters.com) for PS2, or just go to the NCAA section of MaddenMania

you have to have a max drive or action reply obviously

Agent51
07-16-2005, 08:53 PM
unless ur doing just one team or just the stars, doing it urself would take days

I used to name every rated 90 and up myself plus my whole entire team (the Texas Longhorns) up until last years NCAA. It took FOREVER to name just the 90+ rated guys on all the teams, I can't imagine how long it would take to name EVERY guy in the game! I would name 90+ rated guys so when i import to madden i knew who the gamebreakers were in college, I got so sick of seeing guys in madden named QB#12 (and most of the time with a jersey number that didn't match their name) however that last year I decided to sim the first four years of my dynasty and THEN create my guy that way all the non-named guys would be gone (aside from 5th year players) and i could start saving classes that were fully named for madden. This year is gonna be a challnge though since the thing i always do, as i'm sure most of you may do also, is create myself (or a player in general) and take him from freshman all the way to madden. Finally they actually have a game mode for people like me, but the one bad thing about it is I can't sim the four years to get all the unnamed guys out. Oh well, the game rocks anyway, can't wait for madden, i remember reading somewhere that when you import your heisman guy into madden you take him to the combine before the draft to raise (or lower) his skills before the draft!

t2thejz
07-16-2005, 11:12 PM
I used to name every rated 90 and up myself plus my whole entire team (the Texas Longhorns) up until last years NCAA. It took FOREVER to name just the 90+ rated guys on all the teams, I can't imagine how long it would take to name EVERY guy in the game! I would name 90+ rated guys so when i import to madden i knew who the gamebreakers were in college, I got so sick of seeing guys in madden named QB#12 (and most of the time with a jersey number that didn't match their name) however that last year I decided to sim the first four years of my dynasty and THEN create my guy that way all the non-named guys would be gone (aside from 5th year players) and i could start saving classes that were fully named for madden. This year is gonna be a challnge though since the thing i always do, as i'm sure most of you may do also, is create myself (or a player in general) and take him from freshman all the way to madden. Finally they actually have a game mode for people like me, but the one bad thing about it is I can't sim the four years to get all the unnamed guys out. Oh well, the game rocks anyway, can't wait for madden, i remember reading somewhere that when you import your heisman guy into madden you take him to the combine before the draft to raise (or lower) his skills before the draft! You can auto name every player and the computer will give each player a name

kastofsna120
07-17-2005, 01:01 PM
You can auto name every player and the computer will give each player a name
...but not the real names

Motion
07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
I used to name every rated 90 and up myself plus my whole entire team (the Texas Longhorns) up until last years NCAA. It took FOREVER to name just the 90+ rated guys on all the teams, I can't imagine how long it would take to name EVERY guy in the game! I would name 90+ rated guys so when i import to madden i knew who the gamebreakers were in college, I got so sick of seeing guys in madden named QB#12 (and most of the time with a jersey number that didn't match their name) however that last year I decided to sim the first four years of my dynasty and THEN create my guy that way all the non-named guys would be gone (aside from 5th year players) and i could start saving classes that were fully named for madden. This year is gonna be a challnge though since the thing i always do, as i'm sure most of you may do also, is create myself (or a player in general) and take him from freshman all the way to madden. Finally they actually have a game mode for people like me, but the one bad thing about it is I can't sim the four years to get all the unnamed guys out. Oh well, the game rocks anyway, can't wait for madden, i remember reading somewhere that when you import your heisman guy into madden you take him to the combine before the draft to raise (or lower) his skills before the draft!

Yeah, its called "Superstar Mode". Similar to the "Race for the Heisman" but much deeper. You go through the combine, take the Wonderlic, hire an agent, go through the draft, buy an apartment, sign endrosement deals, sign movie deals, practice, and obviously play games. Sounds awesome. And if you choose not to import a player from NCAA you can create your own guy, from the DNA up, by choosing parents and their genes.

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
...but not the real names

If all you want are named players it works great

backpacker
07-19-2005, 05:33 PM
hahahaha...im playin texas a&m in varsity mode and im oklahoma sooners. i got 3:51 left in the game and right now adrian peterson has 432 yard rushing and 8 tds. i've only thrown the ball 3 times. o yea the quarters are 5 min long.

backpacker
07-19-2005, 05:44 PM
game over, adrian peterson with 469 rushing yards and 9 tds...HAHAHHAHAHA

Dudeman
07-19-2005, 09:31 PM
this game kicks azz. It is by far the best football game I've played. If you dont have, go out and get it now