PDA

View Full Version : Quick survey... everyone please answer



FinHeavenAJ
10-28-2002, 11:06 AM
I have one question, that is very important. I need to know what Sports Bar (if any) you go to the most.

If you live in the South Florida area, please list your favorite Sport Bars (like your top five or something...).

Thank you for your time... anyways... post on :D

FinHeavenAJ
10-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Oh, and by the way... no offense to any Bill / Packer fans, but there isn't any need to answer as it won't help me out any ;)

Thanks...

Amars
10-28-2002, 11:43 AM
im here in los angeles i go to Cerivellos in Long Beach/Bellflower area. There's a dolphins booster club there. They reserve a room all season for only dolphins game.

GO ANGELS

FFiB
10-28-2002, 12:21 PM
if I go to a sportsbar (on non-dolphins home game days) I go to either Boca Alehouse or the Chilly's Bar area...you still should remember both.

I used to catch up sometimes with friends at the Palm Beach Alehouse.

girlphan
10-28-2002, 12:57 PM
We also have a local Dolfan club here in Ohio. It is at Pat & Dandy's Sports Pub. A great place to hang out without the kids. The people are awesome but it is a little too smoky and rowdy for an 11-year old. Since our son is a huge finfan now and can't stand to miss a game we just go to the Frickers in our small town. The food isn't great but the manager always lets us get the big screen since we have a large group of family that watches together. Also, the service is awesome and our regular waitress is a finfan! If you ever come to Sylvania (hey..it could happen...the UT Rockets Football team rocks!) stop in on gameday! You will be among friends.

Dajesus
10-28-2002, 01:38 PM
I live in Ft. Myers, FL just a little south from you AJ, and my favorite is Stevey Tomatoes. They have direct Tv, Dolphin give aways, ESPN radio is there live pretty often.

FreakInClearH2o
10-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Being that I live in Clearwater Florida(Home of Hooters) I only have to go to sports bars about 3 times a year to see the phins play.

The best place to go in my opinion is a place called Dogwaters. It's a lot like hooters except the girls are better looking and the food is way better in my opinion.

All the food is served in large Dog bowls and the manager is a huge Dolphins fan. He has a TV set up behind the bar and ONLY lets Dolphin fans sit and watch from there. Smaller TV but he has the volume cranked and all the sexy servers have to pick up the drinks right where we sit.

Also, they also have a Golf course and I usually play a round in the early am and have my seat saved until about 12:30 when I'm done if I've finished the round or not.

Muck
10-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Here in South Tampa, I have a Beef O' Brady's next door to my house. And it's great. But I go to a place called "The Press Box" on South Dale Mabry the most. It's always packed no matter when you go. The ladies (waitresses) are usually good looking. Food's good. And it's a rowdy yet civilized atmosphere.

Needless to say, it's a Bucs haven. But it's still cool.

FinHeavenAJ
10-28-2002, 03:39 PM
Cool... have to keep that place in mind :D

Anyone here live near Weston and go to The Sporting Brews? just curious

Wdolfan
10-28-2002, 05:58 PM
Upstate NY... Peabody's owned by Sean in Beautiful Saratoga Springs Home of The Travers off exit 14 of i87. Tons of tvs..two huge bigscreens & a healthy DolFans Following!

-81- McMichael
10-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Either the Salt-Run-Tavern or Nobby's Sport Bar. Depends on whether I want to eat or not, you know. If I'm jonezing a grilled or blackened mahi-mahi then it's the Salt-Run. Otherwise, if it's a REALLY BIG GAME, then the truly obnoxious crowd is at Nobby's. Mucho fun!

:hail: sportbars

themole
10-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Either the Salt-Run-Tavern or Nobby's Sport Bar. Depends on whether I want to eat or not, you know. If I'm jonezing a grilled or blackened mahi-mahi then it's the Salt-Run. Otherwise, if it's a REALLY BIG GAME, then the truly obnoxious crowd is at Nobby's. Mucho fun!

:hail: sportbars

What's up, neighbor!

I travel down to HiJackers @ the Bunnell Airport, Apprx. 30 mi south of here.

Usually around 100 - 120 Dolfans there every game day. Trivia give aways, excellent wings and burgers.

Home of Fin Fans of Flagler.

Great bunch of people.

breckenridge55
10-28-2002, 10:50 PM
Didn't he want South Florida bars? Like Miami area? Sporting Brews shut down for renovations man, sorry. I'll let you know when it re-opens.

Muck
10-28-2002, 11:13 PM
Dude, a place called "HiJackers" at an airport. LOL!!!

themole
10-28-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Dude, a place called "HiJackers" at an airport. LOL!!!

Yeh Muck, Go figure! Cool place though.

Peebs
10-29-2002, 01:47 AM
In NY my friends and I go to Bobby Valentine's in Corona Queens. Not that it's THE BEST Sports bar but they do have dish, show all the games and it's easy for everyone to meet up at (peeps from NYC, NJ and LI).
Monday night is a crap shoot, any place will do. This Monday night for Dolphins/Packers I'm going local.

Dajesus
10-29-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Wdolfan
Upstate NY... Peabody's owned by Sean in Beautiful Saratoga Springs Home of The Travers off exit 14 of i87. Tons of tvs..two huge bigscreens & a healthy DolFans Following!

Hey buddy I am from Clifton Park, and have been to peabodys on a few occasions. I am actully moveing to Saratoga next summer, so my girl can go to grad school at the University of Albany. Maybe next season I will see you there.

SWS84
10-29-2002, 12:50 PM
I live in St. Cloud, Fl (south of Orlando) and go to Beef O-Brady's. They show the Phins on the big T.V. and I can handle the smoke better than at other places in town. I enjoy the games, but have a hard time finding something to eat, cause the food aint so good :(

:) :) :)

IceStorm
10-29-2002, 03:54 PM
DALLAS TEXAS
(or Addison to be exact)
LongShots. Home of the Dallas Dolphins fan club. Been there for 6 straight year. No less then 30 fans show up every Sunday.

They also show every other game on as well with DirectTV. But those are on smaller TV's and don't have any other fan clubs there.

dirtywhiteboy
10-30-2002, 02:38 PM
i don't...thanks to nfl sunday ticket. besides, beer is cheaper at dirty's!

fin-atic
10-30-2002, 03:43 PM
I live in West Palm Beach and I can reccommend a few here.

SPanky's Downtown is great. Any of the Ale houses are very good. They are in Boca, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach. Also Former Dolphin Bob Bruzinski owns a chain called Brus' Room which are great. Pete Rose Ballaprk Cafe in Boca and Boynton are good too.

If you let me know what city I can help a little more.

MarinoFan
10-30-2002, 04:00 PM
#1 - Flannigans
#2 - Doral Ale House
#3 - Gatsby's
#4 - Shorty's Bar

dolfan06
10-30-2002, 10:31 PM
i go to "events!" i used to go to another called limericks, but events is closer and there are a lot more dolphin fans! there was one bill fan there last week that was getting everybody hot, but leftcoastphin told me to ignore him after i told him to fuk off!:evil:

FinFan#13
10-31-2002, 06:28 AM
I live in Germany, and there are only just a few sports bars in the hole country ;-)

miadphan13
10-31-2002, 10:35 PM
Kerryman's Irish Pub in an undisclosed location in Orlando :)

Capt. Dick
10-31-2002, 10:46 PM
I go to the Recliner. :lol:

nyrican
11-01-2002, 09:56 AM
I live in Margate near Coral Springs and Boca for those who always ask where's Margate ?

I have Direct Tv but I sometimes go to a Bar

My picks are

1. Survivors in Davie (# 1 Jets Bar)
2. Bru's Room in Margate great place.

THE JETS ARE 2-5 AND I'M MAD AND I'M NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE :yell:

Miamian
11-01-2002, 10:27 AM
Hi guys (in the camaraderie sense, so that includes you too Michelle),

Sorry I haven't checked in a while and I only have time to read and reply to one thread; but I've been travelling on vacation in the Caribbean. I'm in St Croix right now and am planning on going to Antigua. I'm not sure where I'll be on Monday night, so just in case I can log in by Monday night, anybody know of a good sports bar in Antigua, Martinique, or Dominica?

Anyway, just to help AJ out, one of my relatives told me of a sports bar devoted to our beloved Dolphins that's in the Venetia condo near the Omni here in Miami.

See ya mon

dolfan06
11-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Miamian
Hi guys (in the camaraderie sense, so that includes you too Michelle),

Sorry I haven't checked in a while and I only have time to read and reply to one thread; but I've been travelling on vacation in the Caribbean. I'm in St Croix right now and am planning on going to Antigua. I'm not sure where I'll be on Monday night, so just in case I can log in by Monday night, anybody know of a good sports bar in Antigua, Martinique, or Dominica?

Anyway, just to help AJ out, one of my relatives told me of a sports bar devoted to our beloved Dolphins that's in the Venetia condo near the Omni here in Miami.

See ya mon btw miamian, i sent you an email and never got an answer!:rolleyes:

mf52dolphin
11-02-2002, 03:32 AM
Strangely in my town, Santa Maria, CA, there was no actual sports bar from 1990 through 1999. The one in town is called Stinky's. Stinky's was set up by a pair of managers from the Apllebee's in town. It is in a smallish building, a converted Boston Market location. They have Sunday Ticket, and their best food items are Falitas, oriental chicken salad, and yam chips.
The other known places in my town with Sunday Ticket are a pool hall, and a recent addition of a take-out bbq place.

cmax13
11-03-2002, 11:32 AM
i go to laughing loggerhead in coconut grove on 27th avenue and bird road. the wings are the best, clam chowder is perfect, and the burgers are excellent. the dolphin fingers are great, too. the place has about 30 TV's and all the games on. a great place for sports.

college game days, there are many games on. plus, before and after cane games, the place is packed with fans.

cmax13
11-03-2002, 11:37 AM
aj,

go to www.phins.com and kurt has a section in there called where to watch. this has places all over the country to watch the dolphin gmaes with other dolphin fans.

FinHeavenAJ
11-03-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by cmax13
aj,

go to www.phins.com and kurt has a section in there called where to watch. this has places all over the country to watch the dolphin gmaes with other dolphin fans.

I know, but I want to know where the majority of the people here go. Thanks though :D

Coral Reefer
11-04-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by IceStorm
DALLAS TEXAS
(or Addison to be exact)
LongShots. Home of the Dallas Dolphins fan club. Been there for 6 straight year. No less then 30 fans show up every Sunday.

They also show every other game on as well with DirectTV. But those are on smaller TV's and don't have any other fan clubs there.

Wow, you just brought back some memories.......

I lived in Dallas for 5 years Ice Storm and went to see plenty of games at Longshots. Is that same guy running the club out there.... can't remember his name... I think Chuck..... Older guy who always dressed with the old Dolphin shorts and gave out newsletters every week? Last time I saw him we had all gone to the Dallas athletic club to see Marino speak.
Anyway, I Moved back to Ft. Lauderdale almost 2 years ago now.
I Probably had a beer with you at one point at the club.

Coral Reefer
11-04-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
I have one question, that is very important. I need to know what Sports Bar (if any) you go to the most.

If you live in the South Florida area, please list your favorite Sport Bars (like your top five or something...).

Thank you for your time... anyways... post on :D

Davie Ale House which is right down the road from Fins HQ has become a Dolphin fan favorite since many of the Fins themselves regularly show up there in the offseason.

Also the Hooters on Pembroke Pines Blvd and University is always happening for Fins games. They used to do the pre and post game radio show broadcasts out of there but I'm not sure if they still do.

dolfan06
11-04-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Trekbiz
Also the Hooters on Pembroke Pines Blvd and University is always happening for Fins games. They used to do the pre and post game radio show broadcasts out of there but I'm not sure if they still do. we came out from california in 2000, went to that same hooters the sat before the second indy game, the fins lost that one!:(

Justasportsfan
11-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Trekbiz
Davie Ale House which is right down the road from Fins HQ has become a Dolphin fan favorite since many of the Fins themselves regularly show up there in the offseason.

Also the Hooters on Pembroke Pines Blvd and University is always happening for Fins games. They used to do the pre and post game radio show broadcasts out of there but I'm not sure if they still do.

Bills fan here , but just wanted to let some So. Floridians know some good places.

There's one off of 826 and Nob Hill by Uncle funny's. You're it right at the middle of all the games. No need to walk arround to see all the games. Of course it's finfan based but they've been pretty cool. Not a whole lot of smack. Just straight up football. One of the few places where fans of different teams are all gathered in one place. .39 cent wings too.

Le Dolfan
11-05-2002, 01:55 PM
I go to Oceans 11 on Singer Island every sunday 8$ for a bucket of 5 beers and all the games on satellite.
And its right on the ocean.

dolfan06
11-06-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Trekbiz
Wow, you just brought back some memories.......

I lived in Dallas for 5 years Ice Storm and went to see plenty of games at Longshots. Is that same guy running the club out there.... can't remember his name... I think Chuck..... Older guy who always dressed with the old Dolphin shorts and gave out newsletters every week? Last time I saw him we had all gone to the Dallas athletic club to see Marino speak.
Anyway, I Moved back to Ft. Lauderdale almost 2 years ago now.
I Probably had a beer with you at one point at the club. looks like we have a jimmy buffet fan!:D ya got more than 1, i love that song!;)

Chubby
11-06-2002, 01:35 PM
My favorite place is Quaterdeck

Miamian
11-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
btw miamian, i sent you an email and never got an answer!:rolleyes: Sorry 06, I haven't checked my e-mail since leaving. I'll go there shortly. BTW, I watched the game against Green Bay from my hotel room in Dominica. Ugh, what a disaster!