PDA

View Full Version : The AFC East...I am getting more and more pissed

FFiB
10-28-2002, 12:03 PM
the AFC East should not even be close. It should be our run-away division.

1.) Miami
Has wins over 4-3 Indy, 6-2 Denver, 3-4 Pats.

2.) Bills
Has wins over 2-5 Minnesota, 2-5 Chicago, 2-5 Detroit, 2-5 Houston and us.

What a travesty....I really could smack somebody for that loss - still after 7 days.

3.) Pats
on a 4 game losing streak do I need to say more

4.) Jets
Beat the Bills and the Vikes but lost to everybody else.

This division should be a "no contest" at this point...It makes me sick to my stomach.

fin-atic
10-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Don't worry FFiB, the trash will sort itself out. Buffalo can crow right now. I seem to remember Pats fans, Raider fans, and Bronco fans talking a lot of smack too. But as the season goes on and their true abilities have been exposed, they have all mysteriously "disappeared". So too will the Cow Pies as Buffalo starts sliding. Until then, they are just boring. ZZZZZzzzzzzz.

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 12:18 PM
You seem to spend alot of time worrying about us for just being boring.

as far as FFib the division should be a walk for you. The Jets are done, the Pats are sliding that way and the Bills are one year removed from 3-13. The Fish should be looking at home-field and what needs to be done to get that. Of course the Fiedler injury complicates that but that should be your aiming point.

FFiB
10-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by fin-atic
Don't worry FFiB, the trash will sort itself out. Buffalo can crow right now. I seem to remember Pats fans, Raider fans, and Bronco fans talking a lot of smack too. But as the season goes on and their true abilities have been exposed, they have all mysteriously "disappeared". So too will the Cow Pies as Buffalo starts sliding. Until then, they are just boring. ZZZZZzzzzzzz.

My wrath is not towards Bills fans...rather towards someone with the initials RL.

The Bills fans are no worry. They go to the superbowl every year in their minds....

fin-atic
10-28-2002, 12:27 PM
I don't worry about you at all. I just retaliate for your ongoing smack and unwlecome presence on OUR board. If you shut your pie hole or talk real football, you would be amazed at how congenial I can be. Your game was two weeks ago. Why are you still here? You can answer that can't you?

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 12:33 PM
Do you read or just spew a pre-set line every time you see my user name.

I did answer FFib, read it.

fin-atic
10-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Great! Now treat me with a little curteousy, ehich is what I was talking about, and I will respond in kind. But everytime I post you claim I am whining or crying etc.

Bite me. You were warned to get off my back and you haven't. Now you complain about how I respond to you? I have reported your Troll behavior to the moderators of this forum and I will not relent until you act properly or leave. Your choice.

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 12:41 PM
Keep up you crying junior, it's really funny to read.

BTW - show me a TOS violation, I'd love to see it. Check with your MOD's, there are none.

RebaJosh
10-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Fin-atic is the one violating TOS with personal attacks!

fin-atic
10-28-2002, 01:12 PM
Its not a matter of Violataions, its a matter of keeping things in the forum on a fair and respectable level. You have been harrassing me for days now. Why? Beacuase I simply stand up and say "You guys are not playing that great! In the face of the Bills fans claim that they are Super Bowl bound?
What is your problem with me? Why do you feel like screwing with me so much? Here are some of your tid bits you call "real football talk"

These were in response to my posts that say you guys were given the game and still barely won.

One repsone from you:
"Is this clown for real?"

This was another (nice football talk):
"Be nice to him koz, seems his panties are bunched up this morning.

What a little girl."

That was when you went too far. You made it personal and it is clearly Troll talk.

Yes, I do notice how many posts you have. I wonder why 90% of them appear under "smack talk"?

Point is this is a Dolphin board and you should be mindful of that. When I make accurate points about your team you don't like, you should respond with mature intelligent rebuttle. Not "his panties are bunched up"

So thats my issue. You get it back on track to football and I am there with you. If not I will stay on top of you.

Scrap
10-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Back to the original topic......I agree FFiB.The remainder of the season will clear things up.

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 01:22 PM
Agreed VA, if Lucus responds at all you should fight the Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, maybe Pittsburg if they straited out, for home field or at least a bye week.

Clumpy
10-28-2002, 01:32 PM
I do not foresee much luck in GB, however, Miami should win the follwing 2 games vs. NYJ and Baltimore. That would put Miami at 7-3

Bills: difficult stretch coming up and realistically, Pats game is a must win because it's a division game. Bye week, then game in KC. Can Bills win in KC? Yes, if RJ can win in KC, I'm sure Bledsoe can. Am I predicting a win....not yet, but for argument sake, Bills beat Pats at home but lose at KC. That makes Bills 6-4

Pats: Next 3 games are all on the road vs. Bills(which I have already predicted the Bills), victory at da Bears, and revenge game, in which the Raiders open an extra can of whoopa$$...Pats would be 4-6 and out of the playoff race

Jets: Lose at SD and home to Miami. Beat Lions. Makes them 3-7

The rest I'll cover later :)

minus
10-28-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
I do not foresee much luck in GB, however, Miami should win the follwing 2 games vs. NYJ and Baltimore. That would put Miami at 7-3

Bills: difficult stretch coming up and realistically, Pats game is a must win because it's a division game. Bye week, then game in KC. Can Bills win in KC? Yes, if RJ can win in KC, I'm sure Bledsoe can. Am I predicting a win....not yet, but for argument sake, Bills beat Pats at home but lose at KC. That makes Bills 6-4

Pats: Next 3 games are all on the road vs. Bills(which I have already predicted the Bills), victory at da Bears, and revenge game, in which the Raiders open an extra can of whoopa$$...Pats would be 4-6 and out of the playoff race

Jets: Lose at SD and home to Miami. Beat Lions. Makes them 3-7

The rest I'll cover later :)
I can actually agree with your predictions but never the less I believe Bills are between mediocre and good.Your Defense is horrible and sooner or later your offensive won't be able bail out your Defense..

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 01:43 PM
That about describes the Bills minus. The beauty in the NFL is that descrides about 20 of the 32 teams. That's why everyone has a chance every week.

Baz
10-28-2002, 01:52 PM
I agree with FFiB to an extent. We should have a 2 game game lead in our division. However, after looking back at our schedule and the circumstances, the current standings don't surprise me at all. We just got out of a pretty tough 4 game stretch. The fact that we are 5-2 after this early schedule is a testament to how good our team is. The Bills just got through a rather easy schedule, beating the lesser teams and going 1-2 against teams with winning records. The one team they beat with a winning record, us, was a walking injury, so that SOMEWHAT de-emphasizes that win. I say look back in 4-5 weeks, and that will give us a better hint as to how the division is shaping up......

Clumpy
10-28-2002, 01:57 PM
Injury excuse again :rolleyes:

Bills had injuries but the key was our replacements actually played well. ROT Marcus Price stepped in and played well as did CB Chris Watson.

Bills were able to run vs. your vaunted defense and we overwhemingly won the turnover battle

all that equals: A Win

Baz
10-28-2002, 02:12 PM
I wasn't making an excuse, I'm just saying it doesn't get the same merit that a win over a healthy Miami win would get. Lastly, Henry was allowed to run by design. The defense was set up to stop the pass and allow the runner some room, pretty much protect ourselves from the big pass play. But thats over and done with. I like our chances with the rest of the schedule though......

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Outside of GB on the road and Buffalo (if they continue to improve) and the Pats(if they get righted) you have a good run ahead of you. Even if you drop those three it's 11-5 so you should build from there.

MarinoFan
10-28-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes, you won, granted. That is great. No one is trying to take that away from Buffalo. CONGRATULATIONS. We as Dolphin fans are just putting down the facts. Had Lucas not thrown away so many turnovers, the game MIGHT have had a different outcome. So what we are saying is that you did not wipe the floor with the phins. What you did do was take advantage of a situation given to you, and prosperd with it. Basically stating, for our own good feeling. We can beat your team, you didn't spank us on a good extremely bad. . One guy played aweful, and it was a player whose mistakes are extremely significant.

So don't put any astericks next to it, you won, fair and square, but watch out, cause we'll be on your ars in December.

Clumpy
10-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Ifs and could have been do not count!

Hoover: But you are forgetting the annual December collpase ;)

RobertHoover
10-28-2002, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to look beyond them. It's tough to predict an 0forDecember every year so I'm looking at each game as a stand-alone.

Baz
10-28-2002, 02:48 PM
clumped, the December collapses were due to no running game and the defense being tired, however I didn't think that was the case the last 2 seasons. Last season, half our team was injured and we couldn't run the ball. The season before that, when lamar had his career year, we lost to 3 playoff teams, not exactly a collapse. Once we get healthy, and as long as we stay healthy, I'm expecting a strong December, considering the weak teams we play......

MDFINFAN
10-28-2002, 03:05 PM
Actually,,we won the last two games of the season last year...but had the injury bug hit us as a result and it was one and out of the playoffs...This year's team is a little different...The D doesn't have to stay on the field for 40 minutes a game and that could prove big down the stretch...Hopefully the O stays productive the next 5 games and keep the D off the field..If we're successful in those games and set ourselfs up for the playoffs...then we should be pretty good going in, minus any serious injuries..

MarinoFan
10-28-2002, 03:18 PM
we didn't win the last two games last year, we won the last but the second to last we lost. NE we lost to, and then we beat Atlanta in the finale.

Baz
10-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Buffalo was the finale, and that was one helluva whoopin'......

Scrap
10-28-2002, 04:04 PM
As for Buffalo: I would say that they have a better chance than many of us are giving them credit for.I mean, we survived many years with a great O and a not-so-great D.I believe we did rather well in that same situation a few times during the Marino days.

RebaJosh
10-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by minus

Your Defense is horrible and sooner or later your offensive won't be able bail out your Defense..

Actually the D bailed out the O yesterday. The D has played 2 good games in a row now. I am not ready to jump up and down about it because it was agains Lucas and the Lions but they seem to be getting better. I'll settle for average.

MDFINFAN
10-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
we didn't win the last two games last year, we won the last but the second to last we lost. NE we lost to, and then we beat Atlanta in the finale.

Last two games 2001

Sun Dec. 30 ATLANTA FALCONS W 21-14 Sun Jan. 6 BUFFALO BILLS W 34-7

So we did finish stronger..I think Wanny may be on to something..

So it's possible we could be ready for the post season...

Clumpy
10-28-2002, 04:36 PM
But wait.........the Bills game......we had a ton of injuries, so by your standards..........:lol:

MDFINFAN
10-28-2002, 06:14 PM
But wait.........the Bills game......we had a ton of injuries, so by your standards..........:lol:

No we had the injuries as a result of our game with you..If players are not available to play,,,especially your starting players..you're not going to be as good as if they were there...There's a reason they were your starters...(provided their good)..

themole
10-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by RobertHoover
That about describes the Bills minus. The beauty in the NFL is that descrides about 20 of the 32 teams. That's why everyone has a chance every week.

And that is precisely, why we play the games. Talk's cheap, but fun!:p

THATHURMANATOR
10-28-2002, 06:24 PM
"Great! Now treat me with a little curteousy, ehich is what I was talking about, and I will respond in kind"

Why should he treat you with curtesy? He made a very valid football related post and you take shots at him. Look in the mirror buddy.

fin-atic
10-28-2002, 09:41 PM
Buffalo has beat:

Minnesota 2-5
Chicago 2-5
Houston 2-5
Detroit 2-5

And Miami's second string.

So tell me again why you think Buffalo is so great???

You sure are putting faith in not very much substance. I would think you want to hold out a little and see if you can win against a few teams with winning records, that also have their starters in.

Either way suit yourself. Its your crow to eat.

RebaJosh
10-28-2002, 09:55 PM
Fin-atic .......................make all the excuses you want. Bills beat phins on your home turf.

Only loosers have to make excuses

Predaphin
10-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Injuries are a big cause to this or we would have whipped the bills and had a 2 1/2 game cushion.

IceStorm
10-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Would of, should of, could of......but didn't.

We all know it, we lost. No matter if it was our second string or not. The team we put on the field was the best we had at the time. And they lost.

The Bills won the first game. Get over it. Sheesh you children just don't know when to shut the hell up about stuff in the past that you can do absolutely nothing about.

GET OVER IT. Bills fans, we can talk about the DOLPHINS here all day. Not about the Bills. We can talk about the DOLPHINS next game against the Packers. Not the bills. Ok boys and girls? Now lets all play nice.

As for my opinion, I think GB will win. Here's why
Lucas still isn't warmed up.
Favre is almost God like in GB.
The cold weather and the Dolphins don't get along.
Home field advantage.

VanDolPhan
10-29-2002, 01:12 AM
Please the fact that the Bills could only muster 23 pts with Lucas turning over the ball 6 times should have made them extremely worried. You turn the ball over 6 times against the phins and you would be absolutely crushed.

Any Bills fan who doesn't see absolutely 100% that Lucas completely blew this game by himself isn't watching the game.

You know the Bills fans would be screaming the excuses if we played them without Bledsoe, Price, Moulds and their best OL.

The 2 teams they have faced with good defenses they didn't exactly light it up against them (Denver/Miami).

Chauncey
10-29-2002, 01:33 AM
Bottom line...Dolphins lost :D

Clumpy
10-29-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by fin-atic
Buffalo has beat:

Minnesota 2-5
Chicago 2-5
Houston 2-5
Detroit 2-5

And Miami's second string.

So tell me again why you think Buffalo is so great???

You sure are putting faith in not very much substance. I would think you want to hold out a little and see if you can win against a few teams with winning records, that also have their starters in.

Either way suit yourself. Its your crow to eat.

Wasn't your defense full strength?

VanDolPhan
10-29-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Chauncey
Bottom line...Dolphins lost :D

Duh! :rolleyes:

mannyfresh
10-29-2002, 01:46 PM
who cares about who we beat, or who u beat of what team is bettter. you can throw that all out the window now. Now its become, i hope buffalo doesnt beat this team, or i hope miami doesnt beat this team. Clearly, it has become a race to see who is actually better than other teams!!

in a way im glad its the dolphins were up against for the AFC east

John from Hemet
10-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Bills fan here....

Now I am not here to talk smack but SURELY you have to be concerned about the bills overtaking you as:

- Their schedule gets much lighter after the first half of the seasonn for the bills

- You are definately weakened at QB....but I do think your backup will bounce back from last weeks game...the question is will it be enough to keep teams from keying on Williams

- We have beaten you in your house and now you have to come to Buffalo to play in the snow....we both know that the fins have historically just not faired well in cold weather stadiums....and our defense looks like it is finally starting to gel which was the ONLY reason why we are not on top of the division now......

Not smack...because I know Miami has a good team....just reality

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2002, 03:29 PM
"Don't worry FFiB, the trash will sort itself out. Buffalo can crow right now. I seem to remember Pats fans, Raider fans, and Bronco fans talking a lot of smack too. But as the season goes on and their true abilities have been exposed, they have all mysteriously "disappeared". "

No disappearing act, here....At 6-2 (2-0 in the division), a perfectly placed bye-week, and an easier second-half schedule, Denver is in the driver's seat in the west. Denver is also starting to play the best ball they've played all year and they're the only team in the league in the top 5 in offense and defense.

How about a rematch; this time for the AFC Championship?

RobertHoover
10-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Beantown Bronco
"Don't worry FFiB, the trash will sort itself out. Buffalo can crow right now. I seem to remember Pats fans, Raider fans, and Bronco fans talking a lot of smack too. But as the season goes on and their true abilities have been exposed, they have all mysteriously "disappeared". "

No disappearing act, here....At 6-2 (2-0 in the division), a perfectly placed bye-week, and an easier second-half schedule, Denver is in the driver's seat in the west. Denver is also starting to play the best ball they've played all year and they're the only team in the league in the top 5 in offense and defense.

How about a rematch; this time for the AFC Championship?

No problem Beantown, we'll see you there.

dolfan06
10-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Wasn't your defense full strength? yep, and because of lucas, it was on the field 3/4 of the time and even though they may have been tired, only gave up 23 points!:D

harmonkoz
10-29-2002, 09:56 PM
{quiet violin music}

dolfan06
10-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by harmonkoz
{quiet violin music} figures you wouldn't have a smartass answer for the truth!:rolleyes:

harmonkoz
10-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Oh hell, I am already over this one Dolfan...

You guys are the ones hanging on...

to rationalizations that is. :lol:

dolfan06
10-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by harmonkoz
Oh hell, I am already over this one Dolfan...

You guys are the ones hanging on...

to rationalizations that is. :lol: the only thing that bothers me is i heard lucas wasn't taking snaps in practice, and i don't think sage is ready to start against greenbay!:rolleyes:

VanDolPhan
10-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by John from Hemet
Bills fan here....
- Their schedule gets much lighter after the first half of the seasonn for the bills
- We have beaten you in your house and now you have to come to Buffalo to play in the snow....we both know that the fins have historically just not faired well in cold weather stadiums....and our defense looks like it is finally starting to gel which was the ONLY reason why we are not on top of the division now......

Not smack...because I know Miami has a good team....just reality

How the heck does the Bills schedule get easier then a bunch of 2-5 teams? Not exactly living in reality there.

Your also living in the past as far as the snow games. Yes Miami in the Marino days use to suffer in the snow.

Since the Marino days though I can't even remember the last time we lost a cold weather game.

Prime Time
10-30-2002, 01:19 AM
BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN!