PDA

View Full Version : Attn South Jersey Fin Fans

InMyChambers
07-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm looking to put together a live, in person fantasy football draft for people in the South Jersey area. I suggested the idea a few months ago and quite a few people said they'd be interested and to let them know when the time arrives. Well, the time has arrived! I will be sending those people a Private Message who sent me one back then saying they'd be interested.

Anyway, here's what I'm looking to do:

-I will be using the site www.rtsports.com to host the league. It's a very good site and highly customizable with realtime scoring.
-10 teams
-$100 entrance fee plus $2 transactions (that is add/drop/trade/loss/put a player on I/R. It helps keep things fair and from someone getting add/drop happy.)
-Money will be split up based on winner of the league, runner up, and most points scored (there will be a playoff format). $80 will go towards the website hosting the league as that is the cost. I will not skim anything for being the commish or for setting it up.
-The top 6 teams will make the playoffs.
-Positions will be: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, DEF and possibly another (RB/WR) position with 4 or 5 bench spots.
-Draft order will be a random format. (we'll pick names out of a hat) and it will alternate rounds. That is, if you have the 1st pick of the 1st rd you will pick last in the 2nd rd.

I will elaborate more on the league later on or at request via email or private message.

I would like to have the draft at a sportsbar (this means you'll probably need to be 21+) and we'll have it a central location depending where people are coming from. (I'm in Vineland, NJ). The draft date can vary but I think the dates that will work best for everyone would be either Sat/Sun August 20,21 or Sat/Sun 27,28.

Please get in touch with me via PM, or email at: fordfactory@aol.com or send me an instant message on AIM at fordfactory. Please only respond if you are interested and can make one of those dates. Let me know what days work for you and that you are cool with everything. Once I get 10 people I will collect everyone's contact information and send out a mass mail (names, emails, and phone #'s) and we'll set up a time and place to meet and have the draft.

It will be nice to have a draft with you guys and to be able to finally put some faces with some names.

InMyChambers
08-04-2005, 08:34 PM
my last ditch effort to get some more interest....