PDA

View Full Version : Who knew?

JPhinfan86
07-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I played the first Ghost Recon and didn't much care for the co-op format (you have to beat the levels in single player to play the same levels in co-op mode). Because of that I wasn't chomping at the bit to play Ghost Recon 2. For the heck of it I borrowed it from the store and I found a few nice little surprises. First of all Ghost Recon 2 copied the third-person format from SOCOM. The original GR was first person.

However, the coolest surprise came in the very first FMV of the game. It took me a milisecond to realize that the scenario in the first mission is the EXACT same conflict in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. They even used the exact same FMV of the Clarence E. Walsh being sunk by a North Korean missile. So the events in GR2 are parallel to that of the events in Chaos Theory. Fancy shmancy. :lol: Clancy's continuity is admirable.

JPhinfan86
07-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Mission # 2 in GR 2 parallels the events in the second level of Splinter Cell's Co-op missions. It takes place at night in North Korea (as does the SC CO-OP level). In the background you can see A-A gun fire. In Splinter Cell your mission is to disable these A-A guns to prevent further destruction of U.S. bombers. Excellent tie-in.

mor911
07-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Excellent find guys :D

JPhinfan86
07-19-2005, 03:38 AM
Guys? :hmmm: Just me here. :lol:

mor911
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Guys? :hmmm: Just me here. :lol:

:goof: <----- Me