PDA

View Full Version : Miami's biggest blunder of 2002

mannyfresh
10-29-2002, 02:46 AM
The buffalo victory was costly, yet acceptable due to the injuries. At least that is the current logic in dolphin land. However, the Buffalo loss implied some interesting tidbits. One, that Depth is not an important aspect to the Miami coaching staff. Secondly, that predictable scenario's such as serious injury depletions to the Miami roster were recklessly ignored.

We start off with the game b4 the miami bye week. A 23-10 loss the Buffalo bills. It seems the Miami coaching staff had not prepared its substitutes as they should have. 6 turnovers, sloppy pass protection reinforced this claim. This, shows the lack of preparation on the QB, the Qb coach, the offensive coordinator and the head coach.

Good coaches will know going into a season that injuries will occur. Great coaches know that injuries often hit a teams 'gamebreakers'. Therefore predicting such injuries and preparing for such events are crucial and ultimately this responsibility lies on the coaching staff. We can see the results of this preparedness in games where the team in question plays a game in which these types of injuries have occurred. Miami, has lost games due to injuries at crucial positions. For example, the
Kansas City and Buffalo games.

It seems the Miami 'weak link' is apparent. Their depth is not as talented, nor motivated, nor better coached than any other team in this league. It only gets worse, the team can expect to not have their starting Qb for at least 3 or 4 more games. even when he does come back, he may need a game or two to get back in rhythm, especially since he now has to build a relationship with the newest member, Chris Carter. This may also take some getting used to.

What was once a season that looked promising, has turned into a seaon where 'coaches hope Lucas' will find a rhythm, where coaches hope 'Fiedler will not need to shake off the rust upon his return', where coaches hope 'Chris carter and ray lucas will find a rhythm, where coaches hope 'Chris carter and jay fiedler will find a rhythm, where coaches 'hope Chris carter will shake off his rust of not training since september'.

Hope, is the new word of choice in miami. You can throw out words like talent, skill and determintation like the miami coaches apparently did when thinking about their 2nd team and the possibility of them having to play in place of starters.

its almost amusing, that such a large and important part of the season was and is continuing to be ignored in miami. Thank you dolphin fans and management for ignoring this part of the game.......You truly handed us the AFC east!

Dajesus
10-29-2002, 03:36 AM
That was a desperate post by a Bills' fan who can't come to terms with the fact that his team is not yet a true contender. Barely beeting the Lions has taken a toll on you hasn't it? It is true their back up QB looked horrible in his first game throwing to 2 back up WRs, but there was no way of knowing that would happen. Lucas is 6-3 as a starter in the NFL, and looked great in preseason, so most teams would have fealt very confident about their back up in that situation. They may have put in a game plan that didn't help his cause, but they were justified in their thinking. You can bet your hot wings that they will not make that mistake twice, and Ray will not have as many chance to fail as he did last week. They also fealt good with their #3 and #4 wrs as back ups since they both have started in this league before, but the coaching staff made a huge step in showing their players how dedicated they are when they went and got Carter after their #2 guy went down. Enjoy this week while you can, because Monday Ray will be better, Chamebers and Carter will be in the line up, the Dolphins will be 6-2, and the Bills will be just a memory after falling to 2 games out of first after losing to the Pats at home.

Dajesus
10-29-2002, 03:38 AM
I also have 1 question for you. How prepared would your team look if Bledsoe and Moulds went down? They wouldn't win a single game.

mannyfresh
10-29-2002, 01:35 PM
To tell u the truth, i belive we would 75% of our games if they were out. van pelt knows this system, and Price is still a no.1 reciever.

I cant wait until ahmen green, runs all over defense, and favre gradually picks apart your secondary.

poornate
10-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Van Pelt to Charles Lee? I don't think so. If they won more than 25% of there games with those two starting I would be shocked.

jack
10-29-2002, 01:53 PM
Mannyfresh (?) thinks the Bills would be 12 - 4 WITHOUT Bledsoe and Moulds!!!!!!

Originally posted by mannyfresh
To tell u the truth, i belive we would 75% of our games if they were out. van pelt knows this system, and Price is still a no.1 reciever.

Any response to such idiocy is just knowingly entering into a SMACK dialog with a delusional Buffalo fan! Let it end! Let the Bills fans feel superior due to beating "2 win" teams and a crippled Miami squad.

They need something to squak about to try and develop some level of self-esteem - and we all know come season's end that they will again be back in the pack after playing more competitive teams.

mannyfresh
10-29-2002, 02:11 PM
HA HA

i love the way u point out we beat 2 win teams. frankly, beating 2 win teams may give us the afc east

how do u like that?

MarinoFan
10-29-2002, 02:25 PM

its almost amusing, that such a large and important part of the season was and is continuing to be ignored in miami. Thank you dolphin fans and management for ignoring this part of the game.......You truly handed us the AFC east!

What is most amusing is how a Buffalo fan says thanks for giving them the East. HAHAHA. #1, real teams take their division, don't have it handed to them. #2 we lost and are still ahead of Buffalo. #3 what happens when Buffalo loses to New England? Are you still going to be singing SuperBowl sings then? New England can and will beat you. How about the rest of your schedule? You now have to beat real contenders as in Kansas City (good luck there), NY Jets (You guys are already having nightmares with Chad Morton), Miami (Fiedler will be back, with a whole new line up, expect us to be well gelled by then), at New England (OH NO, another division loss), Chargers (I think they have more than 2 wins), Packers (same way you say they will beat us, man, they will spank the Bills), Bengals (they'll be looking for anything positive to end the season.

Not one game in your schedule is a cake walk. I wouldn't be walking with heads so high yet. Your easy part of the schedule is over.:evil:

finfan54
10-29-2002, 03:38 PM

I cant wait until ahmen green, runs all over defense, and favre gradually picks apart your secondary.

this is the kind of crap im talking about. bills fans are ruthlessly numb.:monkey:

davster82
10-29-2002, 03:56 PM
You havn't won 75% of your games with Bledsoe and Moulds. Nobody has depth in this time of salarycaps to withstand "key injuries" in bunches. Why don't you stop being an anal-lyst and go back to being a fan.

beefalow
10-29-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
What is most amusing is how a Buffalo fan says thanks for giving them the East. HAHAHA. #1, real teams take their division, don't have it handed to them. #2 we lost and are still ahead of Buffalo. #3 what happens when Buffalo loses to New England? Are you still going to be singing SuperBowl sings then? New England can and will beat you. How about the rest of your schedule? You now have to beat real contenders as in Kansas City (good luck there), NY Jets (You guys are already having nightmares with Chad Morton), Miami (Fiedler will be back, with a whole new line up, expect us to be well gelled by then), at New England (OH NO, another division loss), Chargers (I think they have more than 2 wins), Packers (same way you say they will beat us, man, they will spank the Bills), Bengals (they'll be looking for anything positive to end the season.

Not one game in your schedule is a cake walk. I wouldn't be walking with heads so high yet. Your easy part of the schedule is over.:evil: bills 23...dolphins10 thats why my heads held high and we played a very vanilla game against you,you haven`t seen anything about our offense yet!Our#1 game plan was to run on you and it WORKED and we didn`t have to go to our 2,3,and 4th game plan or do much else ,oh,by the way we were without our best tackle and are best cover guy , now quit your crying!:cry: :cry: :cry:

MarinoFan
10-29-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm not crying, we aren't the ones that won and are still in second place. Sucking on the tailpipe.

harmonkoz
10-29-2002, 04:54 PM
One more week MarinoFan... Then the Dolphins will be sniffing Buffalo's a$$ for the rest of the year. ENJOY! :)

MarinoFan
10-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Well, as of right now you guys are picking dingleberries out of our a$$, so until then, don't count them chickens. Don't you guys play next week too Koz? Cause if I remember correctly, you gotta win to stay on pace, and it aint no cake walk for you the rest of the way.

MarinoFan
10-29-2002, 05:25 PM
What happens when You guys play the Packers? You can ebat them but we can't right? You have this logic that is unsurpassed by any other bunch of fans.:rolleyes:

harmonkoz
10-29-2002, 05:38 PM
We will be playing the Pack on December 22, at Lambeau, most likely in the snow... I will be there. :D

We have a better chance than you... by far. We practice outside (yes even when its cold), we play outside (yes even when its cold), in addition we have a cold weather QB.

I think we can take the Packers, sure.

You guys have not a chance in hell with Lucas throwin his bricks up there.

WharfRat
10-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Actually, the cold weather is not what worries me about Monday night's game... the only time weather really caused us to lose was when a fan brought his snowplow onto the field and cleard a path for a certain kicker's game winning FG....

This is what worries me the most....

Originally posted by harmonkoz
You guys have not a chance in hell with Lucas throwin his bricks up there. :(

harmonkoz
10-29-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Actually, the cold weather is not what worries me about Monday night's game... the only time weather really caused us to lose was when a fan brought his snowplow onto the field and cleard a path for a certain kicker's game winning FG....

You gotta love those die-hards. :lol:

WharfRat
10-29-2002, 05:55 PM
You gotta love those die-hards. :lol:

I remember watching that game.... I couldn't believe my eyes :eek:

I also never understood why it was allowed to happen... it's like a spectator knocking a boxer over the head with a chair at a title match :confused:

harmonkoz
10-29-2002, 05:58 PM
I would have to say that there is some sort of rule or procedure in place now. Kind of like the Holy Roller... ain't never gonna happen again.

I gotta give it to that fan though, they should have given him lifetime season tickets.

mannyfresh
10-29-2002, 11:30 PM
actually im sorry i didnt realized what i typed....I menat to say that we would win 75% OF the games we played without some starters, which realistically is only 4 or 5 games....so yeah 75% of those games.

so far u guys have won 0% of ur games witout ur starters

WharfRat
10-29-2002, 11:55 PM

so far u guys have won 0% of ur games witout ur starters

yeah... all one of them :rolleyes:

beefalow
10-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
I'm not crying, we aren't the ones that won and are still in second place. Sucking on the tailpipe. hearing footsteps are we? :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

MarinoFan
10-30-2002, 03:25 PM
YEP, OUR OWN FOOTSTEPS. You shouldn't be so excited just yet. You have to beat New England before we even play Green Bay. Go to a Patriot forum and give them some crap for awhile. You are getting extremely boring.:boring:

Marino1983
10-30-2002, 04:22 PM
We will be playing the Pack on December 22, at Lambeau, most likely in the snow... I will be there. :D

We have a better chance than you... by far. We practice outside (yes even when its cold), we play outside (yes even when its cold), in addition we have a cold weather QB.

I think we can take the Packers, sure.

You guys have not a chance in hell with Lucas throwin his bricks up there.

That cold weather rap is bogus jill b-s !! And the jills don't practice in the cold, they have a dome when it gets too chilly for the sheep herders .. The Dolphins are a running smashmouth offense bud,, if you knew anything about the cowboy s-b teams of the 90's, this offense is a reflection of it .... You are talking about beating the Packers when you have got 6 games to play to get to them (???)...

You can keep on crowing about how you won 2 weeks ago but the Barfalo jills time is coming. A win is a win but the Lions game was one the jills shouldn't have won.. And I like the Pats this Sunday against your "GREAT" defense, Brady needs to sharpen his skills and what better (debacle) defense to use than a jill defense!! You jill fans are quite humorous, I think you are starting to believe that media hype about your team...:rolleyes: :lol: :confused: Marino1983

dolfan25
10-30-2002, 08:40 PM
The buffalo victory was costly, yet acceptable due to the injuries. At least that is the current logic in dolphin land. However, the Buffalo loss implied some interesting tidbits. One, that Depth is not an important aspect to the Miami coaching staff. Secondly, that predictable scenario's such as serious injury depletions to the Miami roster were recklessly ignored.

We start off with the game b4 the miami bye week. A 23-10 loss the Buffalo bills. It seems the Miami coaching staff had not prepared its substitutes as they should have. 6 turnovers, sloppy pass protection reinforced this claim. This, shows the lack of preparation on the QB, the Qb coach, the offensive coordinator and the head coach.

Good coaches will know going into a season that injuries will occur. Great coaches know that injuries often hit a teams 'gamebreakers'. Therefore predicting such injuries and preparing for such events are crucial and ultimately this responsibility lies on the coaching staff. We can see the results of this preparedness in games where the team in question plays a game in which these types of injuries have occurred. Miami, has lost games due to injuries at crucial positions. For example, the
Kansas City and Buffalo games.

It seems the Miami 'weak link' is apparent. Their depth is not as talented, nor motivated, nor better coached than any other team in this league. It only gets worse, the team can expect to not have their starting Qb for at least 3 or 4 more games. even when he does come back, he may need a game or two to get back in rhythm, especially since he now has to build a relationship with the newest member, Chris Carter. This may also take some getting used to.

What was once a season that looked promising, has turned into a seaon where 'coaches hope Lucas' will find a rhythm, where coaches hope 'Fiedler will not need to shake off the rust upon his return', where coaches hope 'Chris carter and ray lucas will find a rhythm, where coaches hope 'Chris carter and jay fiedler will find a rhythm, where coaches 'hope Chris carter will shake off his rust of not training since september'.

Hope, is the new word of choice in miami. You can throw out words like talent, skill and determintation like the miami coaches apparently did when thinking about their 2nd team and the possibility of them having to play in place of starters.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

BSQX4
10-30-2002, 09:17 PM
Mannyfresh-the classic moronic Bills fan. With each new post you prove what an intellectual void exists between your ears. Your tiring homer point of view is totally imbecilic, asinine and steeped in a fundamental lack of football knowledge. I'd like to stick you in a space capsule and send you to Pluto so you could brag to the Plutonians what hot**** the Bills are. By the way you're not a football fan ,you're a Drew Bledsoe groupie. Buffalos 15 minutes are about up so I'm sure you soon will slink away. You can't imagine how little I'll miss you. NO PLAYOFFS FOR YOU!!! NEXT!!!!

mannyfresh
10-30-2002, 11:07 PM
LOVE ME!

dolfan06
10-31-2002, 12:36 AM
I would have to say that there is some sort of rule or procedure in place now. Kind of like the Holy Roller... ain't never gonna happen again.

I gotta give it to that fan though, they should have given him lifetime season tickets. guess what, his name was mark henderson, and he wasn't a fan. he was a work release parolee. that happened on dec 12, 1982! i couldn't believe shula let it happen!:rolleyes:

Marino1983
10-31-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
guess what, his name was mark henderson, and he wasn't a fan. he was a work release parolee. that happened on dec 12, 1982! i couldn't believe shula let it happen!:rolleyes:

Yeah the league should have taken the points away from the Pats ,,what a JOKE :yell: ! I remember the game because I had to wait for the highlite the following monday nite and listening to Cosell's boring voice repeat what a great play the Pats made (???):goof: Marino1983

dolfan06
10-31-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983
Yeah the league should have taken the points away from the Pats ,,what a JOKE :yell: ! I remember the game because I had to wait for the highlite the following monday nite and listening to Cosell's boring voice repeat what a great play the Pats made (???):goof: Marino1983 really, i don't remember that. A GREAT PLAY? well, you have to remember, howard did drink. he threw-up on franks shoes!:D

Marino1983
11-01-2002, 03:25 PM
really, i don't remember that. A GREAT PLAY? well, you have to remember, howard did drink. he threw-up on franks shoes!:D

:lol: ,,I still don't know why people liked that egotistical blowhard !! (???) I was just a kid and I HATED his guts,, the only reason I watched monday night football back then (unless of course the Dolphins played) was to see the highlites from the Sunday before,,,, back then that was all you got unless your teams game was nationally televised ....:cry: :rolleyes: Marino1983

dolfan06
11-01-2002, 09:56 PM
:lol: ,,I still don't know why people liked that egotistical blowhard !! (???) I was just a kid and I HATED his guts,, the only reason I watched monday night football back then (unless of course the Dolphins played) was to see the highlites from the Sunday before,,,, back then that was all you got unless your teams game was nationally televised ....:cry: :rolleyes: Marino1983 i used to like don meridith and frank gifford. they used to gang up on ole howard, it was funny as hell. i remember the time in the booth that his wig fell off, i thought i'd die laughing!:goof: :evil:

Paco
11-01-2002, 11:04 PM
If you didn't like Howard Cosell you're a ****.

dolfan06
11-01-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Paco
If you didn't like Howard Cosell you're a ****. i told ya this guy was wierd. now i know why he's in south america instead of north america. flunked the test!;)

Paco
11-01-2002, 11:24 PM
Why don't you spit in a blender and make yourself some mousse bitch.

dolfan06
11-01-2002, 11:49 PM
Why don't you spit in a blender and make yourself some mousse bitch. i'd rather spit in your blender(mouth) i know you enjoy protein slurpys!:D

Marino1983
11-02-2002, 09:06 AM
i'd rather spit in your blender(mouth) i know you enjoy protein slurpys!:D

:rofl: :drinkers: You are cruel 06,,, but probably correct !!:lol: Marino1983

Marino1983
11-02-2002, 09:19 AM
i used to like don meridith and frank gifford. they used to gang up on ole howard, it was funny as hell. i remember the time in the booth that his wig fell off, i thought i'd die laughing!:goof: :evil:

Meridith (spelling) was funny but a moron.. I thought F Gifford was very good, but then , I guess he got distracted (couldn't keep it in his pants)... Cosell was just a fat mouthed egotistical bag of wind,, C Berman has alot of the same negatives that Cosell flourished in.. The one good thing about Cosell though was that at least he wasn't pompous jill fan !!!:eek: :rolleyes: Marino1983

Marino1983
11-02-2002, 09:21 AM
If you didn't like Howard Cosell you're a ****.

Now here is a mature response:confused::goof: !!!!!!!! Marino1983

WharfRat
11-02-2002, 09:51 AM
Now here is a mature response:confused::goof: !!!!!!!! Marino1983
You shouldn't expect too much more from that one M83....

:rolleyes:

dolfan06
11-02-2002, 01:10 PM
If you didn't like Howard Cosell you're a ****. i don't know where this post came from, must have something to do with translating spanish to english, i don't think anybody could be that stupid..................wait, i just remembered phanny before i put him on ignore!:rolleyes:

Paco
11-03-2002, 02:51 AM
i don't think anybody could be that stupid.
Last anybody heard from dolfag he was trying to pawn his BetaMax for a record player needle.

dolfan06
11-03-2002, 02:55 AM
Last anybody heard from dolfag he was trying to pawn his BetaMax for a record player needle. last i heard, your dad was suing the maker of trojans for a faulty rubber!:evil:

Paco
11-03-2002, 03:01 AM
last i heard, your dad was suing the maker of trojans for a faulty rubber!
Last I heard your father was suing viagra for lack of results.

dolfan06
11-03-2002, 03:04 AM
Last I heard your father was suing viagra for lack of results. see, i knew you were hearing things, he's been dead since 56!;)

Paco
11-03-2002, 03:27 AM
How many Dolphin carcasses does it take to smuggle 50,000 cuban cigars through the Miami port authority?

WharfRat
11-03-2002, 08:59 AM
how many Packs could a fudge packer pack, when a fudge packer packs his fudge?

dolfan06
11-03-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
how many Packs could a fudge packer pack, when a fudge packer packs his fudge? ah, i see you know who taco is too!:rolleyes: