PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Bearshare Videos

UCFinfan86
07-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Does anyone use bearshare? I want to start downloading some videos but idk how safe it is virus wise.

Jt0323
07-17-2005, 02:56 PM
videos of what?

UCFinfan86
07-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Kate and Nikki mostly but a whole bunch of diff ones

RAS25
07-17-2005, 09:54 PM
i use bearshare i havent had any problems but ive only downloaded a couple vids but i havent had any problems yet

#1 Fan
07-17-2005, 11:57 PM
you'll be fine. the ones you're talking about are no problem (i know from experience).

i've used bearshare for over a year for videos and it hasn't given me any headaches. just don't download anything that says it's a video and it's like under 1 megabyte.

if you're really worried about viruses download AVG - it's free and better than norton.

dolphindan1970
07-18-2005, 12:40 AM
For the life of me, I cant think of what AVG stands for ? May know, but it has sure slipped my mind. I have Nortons and it works prretty good, but what is AVG anyway, or stand for ? Thanks.

UCFinfan86
07-18-2005, 06:28 AM
you'll be fine. the ones you're talking about are no problem (i know from experience).

i've used bearshare for over a year for videos and it hasn't given me any headaches. just don't download anything that says it's a video and it's like under 1 megabyte.

if you're really worried about viruses download AVG - it's free and better than norton.

All the videos i've been downloading have been anywhere from 7 MB to 32 MB

#1 Fan
07-24-2005, 10:31 PM
AVG i think is "Anti-Virus Grisoft". Grisoft is the company that makes it. I have both AVG and Norton and AVG to me works better, but I just renewed Norton in may, so I'll be keeping both for another couple of months.

OG Avatar, that video size is about right. You can get stuff in the 100+ mb range too (for longer movies).

UCFinfan86
07-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Right now im using Avast and i dont think its working, everytime i leave my computer for a couple of hours i come back and it says theres a virus either Adware or a Trogan and it says recommned thing is to do is "Move to chest" so i do that but idk if it works

NyFinzFan84
07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
yea Avast sucks i delted it it always found something new for me also

UCFinfan86
07-26-2005, 10:37 PM
anyone know a good Free Virus Scanner? Other then AVG cuz i have heard it sux and its good

byroan
07-26-2005, 10:43 PM
anyone know a good Free Virus Scanner? Other then AVG cuz i have heard it sux and its good

Get AVG. It's the best free virus scanner there is.

dolphindan1970
07-27-2005, 02:30 AM
AVG i think is "Anti-Virus Grisoft". Grisoft is the company that makes it. I have both AVG and Norton and AVG to me works better, but I just renewed Norton in may, so I'll be keeping both for another couple of months.

OG Avatar, that video size is about right. You can get stuff in the 100+ mb range too (for longer movies).
Thanks man.I have Nortons as well, but always look out for better products as well.

As far as what the original guy was talking about,I have'nt had any trouble with bearshare, but my bro has gotten a couple viruses from their, so I would always recommend a good software to scan any download before you actually open it up and use it.