PDA

View Full Version : First Fantasy Draft

FinzCrazy
07-20-2005, 08:35 AM
This was my first fantasy draft, here are my starters...

QB-Michael Vick
RB-Jamal Lewis
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Chad Johnson
TE-Jeremy Shockey
K-Mike Nugent
DST-Dolphins

Opinions?

Losman7
07-20-2005, 08:38 AM

QB-Michael Vick
RB-Jamal Lewis
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Chad Johnson
TE-Jeremy Shockey
K-Mike Nugent
DST-Dolphins

Opinions?

I'd say get a good backup QB, and I don't like shockey. But the RB's are solid. Dolphins D i don't know...I understand you have faith, but I hope you have a backup plan.

I have a fantasy team were you start two RB's and a WR/RB. I have Willis, Jamal, and Ronnie.

I actually have two teams with Ronnie Brown on them. I think he could be a sleeper this year in fantasy.

FinzCrazy
07-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I picked up Joey Harrington as a backup (how could he go wrong with Roy, Mike, and Charles at WR). My three legged dog could put up decent numbers throwing to those three.

I waited til the 8th round to start selecting DST, I ended up with the Dolphins and Texans DST, here's to hoping:spit: .

Some other guy in my league drafted C. Brown, J. Payton, S. McNair, Tyrone Calico, and the Titans DST. All from Tennessee, wonder if he's a homer????

Anyway, thanks for the input.

painpiljunkie
07-20-2005, 08:57 AM
QB-Vick? Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Collins

RB- Jamal is a great pick, Brown will be splitting time

WR Chad Johnson is awesome, what about Moss, Harrison, Coles, Holt or Horn

TE Shockey??? Gates or Gonzalez!!!

K- I like Nugent

DST, Bal, Buf, Min

Week 3 Bye week you'll be sitting Andrea and Jamal, Week 4 you sit your DEF and Ronnie, sittin your QB and Kicker week 8.

Gotta watch those BYE weeks, you can lose out on allot of points, good luck man.

FinzCrazy
07-20-2005, 09:04 AM

K- I like Nugent

DST, Bal, Buf, Min

Week 3 Bye week you'll be sitting Andrea and Jamal, Week 4 you sit your DEF and Ronnie, sittin your QB and Kicker week 8.

Gotta watch those BYE weeks, you can lose out on allot of points, good luck man.

I selected 10th in the first round, Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, and Moss were all gone. Gates and Gonzalez were drafted two or three slots ahead of me in round 3 or 4.

Nugent may have been my favorite pick, I'm hoping that he's the only one to put up point for the Jets when they play us.

I think I may have bent myself over on the bye weeks, didn't think about that. Oh well, first draft... rest assured I'll learn from that mistake. Thanks.

miabrown23
07-20-2005, 09:11 AM
looks good im in a keeper leauge with my buddys and i have vic hes very up and down hope hes on fire this year also in a yahoo leauge my team is qb- kerry collins trent green rb- caddy ronnie warick dunn tj ducket wr- randy moss plexico burres mike clayton mike williams charles rogers tight end- todd heap kicker kc kicker defense - ravens bucs

painpiljunkie
07-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Here are a few guys to grab that noone may have thought about...

QB Kerry Collins, mark Bulger, Kurt Warner(could be his comeback year in Ari, he can beat the DEF he's gonna face)

RB D Davis, D McAllister, Rudi Johnson D Foster M Bennett

WR Lee Evans N Burrelson D Driver D Bennett

TE A Crumpler J Witten D Clark

K Nugent, just love that pick good job man

DEF Buf Balt Min Atl Car Indy Phi Cin in that order

But really, go get Bulger or Collins! I bet one is still availible!

GO, Get! Pick those guys up! lol

HybridPHIN 23
07-20-2005, 09:20 AM
i just did my 1st draft and we have some similarities......

Vick
P.Holmes
C. Buckhalter
C.Chambers
Roy Williams
Shockey
M. Faulk
P.Price
and so on.......

burger13
07-20-2005, 09:22 AM

QB-Michael Vick
RB-Jamal Lewis
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Chad Johnson
TE-Jeremy Shockey
K-Mike Nugent
DST-Dolphins

Opinions?

THE GOOD
I love your receivers. Shockey will bounce back and have a nice year. Nugent is fine at kicker

THE BAD (average)
Dolphin D can go either way. If your scoring doesn't include yards and points against, you should be fine. I'm seeing a lot of big plays both ways with the Dolphin D this year. Jamal Lewis is ok, but if your league gives points for receptions JL looses value. Tough to go with a Rookie back as a starter, especially when there's a veteran there to steal carries.

THE UGLY
Mike Vick wil kill you. He's one of the most dangerous players in the NFL, but in Fantasy he sucks. Trust me, I've had him 3 straight years in a keeper league and you just can't count on him.

My advice, find a sucker who'll take Vick for a solid RB, maybe a Julius Jones or Kevin Jones, or LaMont Jordan. Start Harrington, he has improved every year and should put up solid/good numbers with all of those weapons.

HybridPHIN 23
07-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by painpiljunkie

K- I like Nugent

DST, Bal, Buf, Min

LOL its a draft.... not christmas !!!!

painpiljunkie
07-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Sittin Holmes and Shockey week 5, Vick and Price week 8.
Bye weeks WILL kill you.

vtroper
07-20-2005, 09:28 AM
I like Chad Johnson alot this year

FinzCrazy
07-20-2005, 09:28 AM
I've got Harrington on the bench... If I'm able to dump vick for a stud back, would you start harrington considering his weapons this year?

painpiljunkie
07-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Whatta ya mean it's not Christmas? I just gave ya a present, now go shuffle your players around so ya dont lose points on the bye weeks! :rofl3:

burger13
07-20-2005, 10:00 AM
I've got Harrington on the bench... If I'm able to dump vick for a stud back, would you start harrington considering his weapons this year?

Yeah, that's what I said above.

FinzCrazy
07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, that's what I said above.

My bad... I read that, apparently my mind didn't process everything:goof: .

NYinBostonFin
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM

QB-Michael Vick
RB-Jamal Lewis
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Chad Johnson
TE-Jeremy Shockey
K-Mike Nugent
DST-Dolphins

Opinions?

Unfotunately you will learn 2 things at least from this season.
1) rb's are the most important position in FF. Jamal Lewis should bounce back and have a decent year, but ronnie as your 2nd back is questionable.

2) vick doesn't put up good fantasy #'s.