PDA

View Full Version : Rosenhaus a hero? Well, not exactly

TerryTate
07-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna let this sit here for awhile since many of Drew's clients are Dolphins, so it's related to this section :tongue:. This is a follow-up of the "hero" Drew Rosenhaus saving that four year old in Orlando. Now I hate to do this without quoting my source, but I don't want to endanger two jobs here as well as my interests. As some of you may know, there have been people fired as a result of their postings on FH. If you dont know about it, we'll talk about it at another time....

Anyways my acquaintance has a relative in his immediate family that was at the scene of the kid drowning, in fact she was probably within 15-20 feet of the scene. Supposedly Drew went into the water to save the kid....that's a negative. Supposedly Drew did CPR on this kid for two minutes...actually that's kinda a negative. While everyone stood around freaking out because they didn't know CPR, Drew banged on the kids chest for a few seconds. There was also another account I heard of tonight that Drew was doing the CPR wrong and luckily a lifeguard arrived to get Drew off of the kid. (Four year olds are not supposed to have the same CPR as an adult FYI, at least that is what I recall from my CPR training a few years back). The cop that arrived from the Orange County Sheriff's Office (if not them then Orlando PD) arrived after the boy was revived and Drew informed the officer that it was him that revived the child, so he got credit for it.

In the end it's great that the kid survived, that's the most important thing. At least he tried to do something (I think)

Now lastly, here is the kicker to this whole story. The source informed my acquaintance that it was not other bystanders that reported on Drew saving the kid, but DREW HIMSELF who called ESPN and local media outlets. Somehow that does not surprise me.

I trust this source and I hope you will trust me on this one. Sorry to be so general, I don't want to get people in trouble.

HEre are some Audio clips of Drew being interviewed by WFTV in Orlando, have a listen:

Rosenhaus recapping what happened - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus1.mp3)

Rosenhaus giving himself some credit - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus2.mp3)

Rosenhaus Cool Under the Pressure - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus3.mp3)

The reporter jokes around about TO and the negotiations and Rosenhaus responds - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus4.mp3)

DISCLAIMER: I was not there, this is just what I have heard from a source literally very close to the situation.

Adam First
07-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Seriously, why can't they throw that douche off a bridge or something?

byroan
07-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Wow. I don't know what to believe. :confused2

CitizenSnips
07-20-2005, 10:00 PM
ok, i do agree with every word said. But come on, he had to have done some good in this situation.

ohall
07-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Dude as I said on another MBoard. It wouldn't surprise me if Drew paid the kid to act like he was in trouble!

msg
07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Drew was definitely milking it for all its worth

welderpat
07-20-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm gonna let this sit here for awhile since many of Drew's clients are Dolphins, so it's related to this section :tongue:. This is a follow-up of the "hero" Drew Rosenhaus saving that four year old in Orlando. Now I hate to do this without quoting my source, but I don't want to endanger two jobs here as well as my interests. As some of you may know, there have been people fired as a result of their postings on FH. If you dont know about it, we'll talk about it at another time....

Anyways my acquaintance has a relative in his immediate family that was at the scene of the kid drowning, in fact she was probably within 15-20 feet of the scene. Supposedly Drew went into the water to save the kid....that's a negative. Supposedly Drew did CPR on this kid for two minutes...actually that's kinda a negative. While everyone stood around freaking out because they didn't know CPR, Drew banged on the kids chest for a few seconds. There was also another account I heard of tonight that Drew was doing the CPR wrong and luckily a lifeguard arrived to get Drew off of the kid. (Four year olds are not supposed to have the same CPR as an adult FYI, at least that is what I recall from my CPR training a few years back). The cop that arrived from the Orange County Sheriff's Office (if not them then Orlando PD) arrived after the boy was revived and Drew informed the officer that it was him that revived the child, so he got credit for it.

In the end it's great that the kid survived, that's the most important thing. At least he tried to do something (I think)

Now lastly, here is the kicker to this whole story. The source informed my acquaintance that it was not other bystanders that reported on Drew saving the kid, but DREW HIMSELF who called ESPN and local media outlets. Somehow that does not surprise me.

I trust this source and I hope you will trust me on this one. Sorry to be so general, I don't want to get people in trouble.

HEre are some Audio clips of Drew being interviewed by WFTV in Orlando, have a listen:

Rosenhaus recapping what happened - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus1.mp3)

Rosenhaus giving himself some credit - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus2.mp3)

Rosenhaus Cool Under the Pressure - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus3.mp3)

The reporter jokes around about TO and the negotiations and Rosenhaus responds - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus4.mp3)

TT You are one of the few people on here that have the credibility to bring a story like this.
This is the reson that this is the #1 source for Miami Dolphin info in the world.
I am with you I am glad the kid survived.

CitizenSnips
07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Drew was definitely milking it for all its worth

Exactly. I think he did some good, not much, but some none the less. and he had to let the world no it. and thats not just a figure of speech, i mean he HAD TO LET THE WORLD KNOW IT. I bet the man called newspapers in China.

BlitPhinFan
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
You know, after hearing those clips and the way he handled the situation after the fact. I feel bad for ever defending him. My appologies to the Fin fan that I almost ripped into for calling him a "rat" after, what I thought was a noble effort. Actually I did rip into him and then later deleted my post as I thought it was overboard.

Anyway, I can't remember who I was about to rip into, but to that Fin fan I appologize. I can't believe someone that supposedly saved a childs life would refer to themselves in the third person...EVER. That just amazes me on top of the fact that he hopes it helps in his negotiations with a team with one of his clients!

I am sold! Drew is many words I can't mention on these forums. :fire:

DolFan31
07-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Im glad the kid survived and he tried to do something, but at the same time you can kill a kid if you try to give him adult CPR, that is why youre not supposed to administer CPR the same to kids. At least the kid lived, but Drew is a piece of garbage for making this crap up. I know he has some PR issues with fans and teams, and I think he does his job well despite what any of us or our team thinks. But this is very unnecesarry and he should apologize.

TerryTate
07-20-2005, 10:18 PM
if you guys want to see where I got that audio, go to http://www.cnn.com/ and the video is on the right side with Drew, so you don't take that Audio out of context.

Fin Fan in Cali
07-20-2005, 10:21 PM

The reporter jokes around about TO and the negotiations and Rosenhaus responds - Click here (http://terrytate.finheaven.com/Rosenhaus/Rosenhaus4.mp3)Thanks for the update! Gotta stick by the Dolphin Brotherin! If we don't look out, and believe in each other, who do we have? :drinkers:

finfansince72
07-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Interesting. This would be extremely sad if it true, I can't imagine being so lowclass as to use something so close to a tragedy to boost your rep as an agent. Whew that would be so lowdown and nasty.
Never heard the stories about anyone getting fired for posting here, sounds really extreme, I would like to hear about that sometime..

Fin Fan in Cali
07-20-2005, 10:23 PM
I am very grateful that the kid survived, but this is an all time low for self publicity!

DolFan31
07-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Interesting. This would be extremely sad if it true, I can't imagine being so lowclass as to use something so close to a tragedy to boost your rep as an agent. Whew that would be so lowdown and nasty.
Never heard the stories about anyone getting fired for posting here, sounds really extreme, I would like to hear about that sometime..

Without trying to steer this thread offtopic, I second thatl

yankeehillbilly
07-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow! If this is true then Rosenhaus is indeed the lowest slime to ever ooze on the face of the earth. Puts me in mind of Arli$$......but at least we have the comfort of knowing he is a fictional character.

TerryTate
07-20-2005, 10:30 PM

If you look hard enough in the comments/suggestions forum you'll find it.

Fin Fan in Cali
07-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the update! Gotta stick by the Dolphin Brotherin! If we don't look out, and believe in each other, who do we have? :drinkers:I am not sucking up, just making a statement. This whether on finheaven or at a stadium. I have stuck up for my fellow Dolphin fans at Charger games, and kept them for getting kicked out by there silly mistakes, and willing to take out two drunk Charger fans who started the whole thing, so that they could watch there grandfather be a linesman for the game.

yankeehillbilly
07-20-2005, 10:38 PM

check this thread
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=83714&highlight=presscoverage

Agua
07-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Doesn't sound far-fetched at all. In fact, that story is about like a parody I ran through my mind concerning this story when I first heard of it.

TjHawk
07-20-2005, 10:51 PM
If Drew Rosenhaus was drowning in a pool I'd just laugh at him. Even if I was a lifeguard I'd tell him i,m holding out for a better lifeguard contract.

DolFan31
07-20-2005, 10:55 PM
If Drew Rosenhaus was drowning in a pool I'd just laugh at him. Even if I was a lifeguard I'd tell him i,m holding out for a better lifeguard contract.

:lol: :lol:

CrunchTime
07-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I smelled a "fishstory" when it first came out.Thanks for the insight and the up front opinion.

Turd is too kind a word to use on him.

Boik14
07-20-2005, 11:16 PM
If drew was drowning would anyone who knew who he was save him? What about Scott Boras?

*waits*

Didnt think so.

DoctorFeelgood
07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
but at the same time you can kill a kid if you try to give him adult CPR, that is why youre not supposed to administer CPR the same to kids.

Ok, not to pass judgement on Rosenhaus one way or another.. I wasn't there, so I can't. But regarding this statement, I'd just like to comment that:

a. you can kill an adult giving them adult CPR. It's very easy to break a rib or something doing CPR, which can in turn puncture a lung or have other devestating effects. This is, of course, assuming that the person's heart would have started up again on it's own somehow without the intervention, which leads to:

b. if someone, kid or adult, is not breathing and has no pulse, they really have nothing to lose from improperly performed CPR. It only takes a VERY small amount of time without blood flowing to the brain, and you're dead (or at least brain damaged if you are later revived). Bad CPR is better than nothing if CPR is indicated at all.

Fin Fan in Cali
07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
but at the same time you can kill a kid if you try to give him adult CPR, that is why youre not supposed to administer CPR the same to kids.

Ok, not to pass judgement on Rosenhaus one way or another.. I wasn't there, so I can't. But regarding this statement, I'd just like to comment that:

a. you can kill an adult giving them adult CPR. It's very easy to break a rib or something doing CPR, which can in turn puncture a lung or have other devestating effects. This is, of course, assuming that the person's heart would have started up again on it's own somehow without the intervention, which leads to:

b. if someone, kid or adult, is not breathing and has no pulse, they really have nothing to lose from improperly performed CPR. It only takes a VERY small amount of time without blood flowing to the brain, and you're dead (or at least brain damaged if you are later revived). Bad CPR is better than nothing if CPR is indicated at all.Could of would of, if your sister had a set she would be your brother! A lot of what if's. Drew is a low life scu@!

TerryTate
07-20-2005, 11:22 PM

b. if someone, kid or adult, is not breathing and has no pulse, they really have nothing to lose from improperly performed CPR. It only takes a VERY small amount of time without blood flowing to the brain, and you're dead (or at least brain damaged if you are later revived). Bad CPR is better than nothing if CPR is indicated at all.

You are right on all accounts, the issue I have is him taking too much credit. I'm glad he actually made an attempt. Just don't roll around happier than a pig in warm slop.

Fin Fan in Cali
07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
You are right on all accounts, the issue I have is him taking too much credit. I'm glad he actually made an attempt. Just don't roll around happier than a pig in warm slop.Terry, but knowing him, all he was thinking about was the positive spin, and what it will mean to his career as an agent!

DoctorFeelgood
07-20-2005, 11:28 PM
You are right on all accounts, the issue I have is him taking too much credit. I'm glad he actually made an attempt. Just don't roll around happier than a pig in warm slop.

Sure, I understand, and it wasn't my intend to defend Rosenhaus. It does sound like, at best, he tried to milk the situation for all it was worth, which is kinda slimey.

GRYPHONK
07-20-2005, 11:39 PM

Not to mention that the majority of the time if CPR is peformed right a rib is broken.

The sad thing is many people have been sued for saving someones life through CPR only to get reawrded with a law suit.

djfresh47
07-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Whatever is true, Rosenhaus is getting bashed for atleast helping saving a kids life? Fans may not like how he operates his business, which he's the best at BTW, the guy played a role in saving a kids life, so let's bash him for that? Doing CPR on someone is very stressful and if you don't know it the person is almost always dead, and actually if you talk to alot of EMT's even when you do know CPR the person has a good chance of not living. When other people are put in a similar situation, I see first hand how they act, and most of the time they choke up and just can't do it because of the pressure. I believe the Rosenhaus story, and giving CPR to a young child is very difficult, and i'm gonna give credit to where credit is due, Rosenhaus saved/helped in saving a kids life, but because most people are fans of players, who Rosenhaus represents, they are soo blinded by the fact that he gets the best deals for his players, and when an unfair deal is in place like the TO deal, than he tries to get something better for his players, but because of that his help in saving a life is not given credit? I watched the ESPN piece of Rosenhaus and it makes sense, if players can be cut, than why can't they be given raises if they out-perform there contract? Atleast give the guy credit for helping save a kids life, whether you like the way he represents his clients, which he does better than anyother agent.

outtawack311
07-21-2005, 12:11 AM
See Tate, you didn't have to worry about me stealing your thunder on this post. Eventhough I broke this story to the board hours before you on another thread, you still get the credit.

And like I said in the other thread, Rosenhaus is SCUM.

CitizenSnips
07-21-2005, 12:16 AM
the mans a ba$t@rd, but he did help save a life. and quite frankly, hes a ba$t@rd who does his job very well. I mean i think thats what we hate most. He generally does what he promises as an agent. If i was a player, i can't say i wouldn't want him as my agent.

djfresh47
07-21-2005, 12:23 AM
the mans a ba$t@rd, but he did help save a life. and quite frankly, hes a ba$t@rd who does his job very well. I mean i think thats what we hate most. He generally does what he promises as an agent. If i was a player, i can't say i wouldn't want him as my agent.

Exactly, but because people dislike what he does for players they won't give him credit in atleast helping save a life.

zackattack54
07-21-2005, 12:29 AM
i heard he took the kids popsicle from his pocket

DolphinDevil28
07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
See Tate, you didn't have to worry about me stealing your thunder on this post. Eventhough I broke this story to the board hours before you on another thread, you still get the credit.

And like I said in the other thread, Rosenhaus is SCUM.

Oooohhh..

:eek::eek::eek:

hehateme
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM

DISCLAIMER: I was not there, this is just what I have heard from a source literally very close to the situation.
I'm just surprised it wasn't TO he saved in the pool and that he didn't have a press conference immediatley afterwards to say TO will live as long as the Eagles give him a better contract but if they don't he'll surely die.

CitizenSnips
07-21-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm just surprised it wasn't TO he saved in the pool and that he didn't have a press conference immediatley afterwards to say TO will live as long as the Eagles give him a better contract but if they don't he'll surely die.

uh huh...cause T.O. can't swim...

give the guy a break.

dwadeattack
07-21-2005, 12:43 AM
ur source is full of it. in fact, i doubt ur source was even there! wat really happened was someone else got the kid out of the water, and drew was walkin wit his gf to relax by the pool. he saw wat was goin on and began doin cpr. at first, the kid wasnt responding, but after the first minute went by the kid started spitting up water.

hehateme
07-21-2005, 12:44 AM

No worries on your post. The police officer who arrived at the scene was quoted tonight on ESPN as saying Rosenhaus was already calling media outlets to let them know of his bravery while the ER was still trying to figure out what happened. Apparently Drew was too busy recanting his tails of how angry the sea was on the phone to answer the police.

hehateme
07-21-2005, 12:49 AM
uh huh...cause T.O. can't swim...

give the guy a break.
Give me your address so I can mail you a check for $100. Hopefully you will then cash this check and go out and buy a sense of humor.

Thanks and have a great night!!

byroan
07-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Give me your address so I can mail you a check for $100. Hopefully you will then cash this check and go out and buy a sense of humor.

Check your PM's. I have no humor. :D

hehateme
07-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Check your PM's. I have no humor. :D
I don't have enough posts to get a PM.

CitizenSnips
07-21-2005, 01:12 AM

im sorry. i guess im the only one here who doesn't find you funny. my apologies.

enigmatics
07-21-2005, 01:17 AM

No offense, but this is the sort of situation which should be left alone. I'd also like to point out, why should I trust your source? It could be as personally biased as Rosenhaus's ......... Your source could literally hate Drew's guts to death and in an attempt to take away from whatever deed he did perform he/she decided to say what they did to you......

Contrary to a conspiracy theorized Drew PR job, the man doesn't give a hoot about what ya'll think of him.......... I tend to think he would never go out of his way in order to change public opinion of him.

TerryTate
07-21-2005, 07:38 AM
No offense, but this is the sort of situation which should be left alone. I'd also like to point out, why should I trust your source? It could be as personally biased as Rosenhaus's ......... Your source could literally hate Drew's guts to death and in an attempt to take away from whatever deed he did perform he/she decided to say what they did to you......

Contrary to a conspiracy theorized Drew PR job, the man doesn't give a hoot about what ya'll think of him.......... I tend to think he would never go out of his way in order to change public opinion of him.

I don't care if you trust my source or not. When the story gets old maybe I'll shed more light on it. I'm just glad the kid survived, but I hate when people take full credit for something they didn't entirely do. I've told some of the staff members more info then I told here and they won't be shedding any additional light on it here for now, they will tell you that I am not full of it. I don't waste my time making up BS like this, otherwise I wouldn't be around here too much longer.

BlueFin
07-21-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't care if you trust my source or not. When the story gets old maybe I'll shed more light on it. I'm just glad the kid survived, but I hate when people take full credit for something they didn't entirely do. I've told some of the staff members more info then I told here and they won't be shedding any additional light on it here for now, they will tell you that I am not full of it. I don't waste my time making up BS like this, otherwise I wouldn't be around here too much longer.

I'm glad you posted it, I was actually struggling with having to somewhat alter my view of the guy.

Somehow this all makes much more sense now, I only hope others who were there will get disgusted at the way he's using this and come forward with the truth.

dolfan4good
07-21-2005, 08:40 AM
What I slime Drew is.... I think that the slick stuff in his hair is naturally produced by his scalp!

DrAstroZoom
07-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Drew Rosenhaus ... just like school on Saturday: no class. :chuckle:

Prime
07-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Rosenhaus is a big jerk and i wouldn't be suprised if this story is true. He is acting like he is the only guy that could of done what he done.

ckparrothead
07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
From zero to hero, back down to zero again in record time.

tucker
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
ok really...who cares?!

phinz_fan
07-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Breaking News!!!!

I have a source who went to college with a guy who is roomate's with another guy's second cousin who delivers pizza with a guy who was at the scene and let me tell you - Drew really did save that kids life!

The staffers on this site know my source, too, and they will tell you it is not BS! Drew's story is completely true and my source is completely credible!

Anyone picking up the sarcasm?

My point is - without a real source there is no reason to believe Drew' story isn't true. ESPN deemed it credible enough to air it. I believe their fact checking over some unamed "source". Ok ok ok - so Drew is being a big showoff about it, but hey, he is an agent and it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

In reality, Drew probably really did save that kid's life. The parents certainly haven't indicated that he's making it up. Nor has anyone else that was there - at least not through a credible news medium. I'm very suprised at how easily everyone believes the claims that are posted on this forum with absolutely no credible proof!

(An "unamed source" is not credible proof sorry!)

DrAstroZoom
07-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Breaking News!!!!

I have a source who went to college with a guy who is roomate's with another guy's second cousin who delivers pizza with a guy who was at the scene and let me tell you - Drew really did save that kids life!

The staffers on this site know my source, too, and they will tell you it is not BS! Drew's story is completely true and my source is completely credible!

My point is - without a real source there is no reason to believe Drew' story isn't true. ESPN deemed it credible enough to air it. I believe their fact checking over some unamed "source". Ok ok ok - so Drew is being a big showoff about it, but hey, he is an agent and it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

In reality, Drew probably really did save that kid's life. The parents certainly haven't indicated that he's making it up. Nor has anyone else that was there - at least not through a credible news medium. I'm very suprised at how easily everyone believes the claims that are posted on this forum with absolutely no credible proof!

You are fast on your way to becoming the site's resident Cranky Skeptic. :) I've seen you go down this path with other posts, and I definitely can see your point. However, I think you must consider the source here. TT has more of a personal credibility stake here than some random poster. I am positive he wouldn't post something if he didn't think it would hold up.

outtawack311
07-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Breaking News!!!!

Wow, what an *** post. His source is very credible..btw. That is all I need to put.

phinz_fan
07-21-2005, 03:17 PM
You are fast on your way to becoming the site's resident Cranky Skeptic. :) I've seen you go down this path with other posts, and I definitely can see your point. However, I think you must consider the source here. TT has more of a personal credibility stake here than some random poster. I am positive he wouldn't post something if he didn't think it would hold up.

You're probably right - he's not a one post wonder or anything. I just get irritated when people take things at face value like that and assume its all true.

phinz_fan
07-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow, what an *** post. His source is very credible..btw. That is all I need to put.

So is my source!

DrAstroZoom
07-21-2005, 03:39 PM
You're probably right - he's not a one post wonder or anything. I just get irritated when people take things at face value like that and assume its all true.

Give a little credit to our readership. They realize they're not reading wire stories here.

Merman
07-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Give a little credit to our readership. They realize they're not reading wire stories here.

Absolutely and phinz_fan seems to be the only one with the balls and/or interest to say so.

TerryTate
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I've moved this to the lounge, just because it's not pertinent to the Dolphins and it's stuck around here too long.

I stand by what I put. If you don't believe me, that's fine. Take my opinion for what it's worth. We are NOT ProFootballTalk here, where we make up half our stories and call people "turds". I doubt that people will come forward and go out of their way to say that he didn't do what he said he did, basically because I don't think they care too much. So I don't know if another opinion will come out of the woodwork to rip Rosenhaus. The boy survived, and that's all that matters.

A radio station in Orlando had the same source as me and ran with it. I will shed more light on this when the story is old news.

phinz_fan
07-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I've moved this to the lounge, just because it's not pertinent to the Dolphins and it's stuck around here too long.

I stand by what I put. If you don't believe me, that's fine. Take my opinion for what it's worth. We are NOT ProFootballTalk here, where we make up half our stories and call people "turds". I doubt that people will come forward and go out of their way to say that he didn't do what he said he did, basically because I don't think they care too much. So I don't know if another opinion will come out of the woodwork to rip Rosenhaus. The boy survived, and that's all that matters.

A radio station in Orlando had the same source as me and ran with it. I will shed more light on this when the story is old news.

Shed more light on it now if you have more info please. Why hold back? That makes it sound like you are making it up. It will be no different now vs a month from now when nobody cares anymore so just come with it.

Themajster
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Drew hit the kid over the head with a stick and pushed him in before "jumping in after him." :lol:

HVACservice
07-21-2005, 11:16 PM
I think....

Dragging him thru the mud like this after all of the "mainstream" news accounts agree it was a noble effort.... is downright shameful.

He did a good deed.

If another "lifeguard" showed up and helped...Drew by all accounts atleast tried to save an innocent child's life.

He should be applauded...not "demonized".

RWhitney014
07-21-2005, 11:24 PM
For all the people who want to attack Drew, by discussing it you're doing exactly he wants...just keep that in mind.

Martel
07-22-2005, 05:47 AM
Not to mention that the majority of the time if CPR is peformed right a rib is broken.

The sad thing is many people have been sued for saving someones life through CPR only to get reawrded with a law suit.

Yep, it's happened to me twice.

Martel
07-22-2005, 05:59 AM
I gotta say, no disrespect TT, but this is a weird thing to post. One, DREW doesn't even say he went into the water. He says he walked up on a kid and no one was doing anything so he tried to give him CPR, and admitted he didn't know what he was doing.

So your friend was there AND knows that HE called ESPN. Was your friend at his house too? Was he calling ESPN from the pool?

Also those news clips are just that...news clips. A reporter was asking him about the incident and he seemed genuine when he was telling the story. It's not like he was bragging at a BBQ or something, they were doing a story on it. Drew was being Drew, but think the original post is kinda outta line. What's the point of posting it?

TerryTate
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I guess since this is out of the limelight now...

A co-worker of mine's sister was the woman who called 911 (in fact the audio of her call could be heard on a few news networks). She's an employee at poolside at the Grand Floridian. So she saw the whole thing. She saw Drew pound on the kid's chest until a lifeguard took over. And then he called all the media outlets and said himself that he worked on the kid for two minutes and successfully revived him. Yes he was seen and heared calling from the pool. The cop arrived after this stuff happened, and Drew informed him that he revived the boy. So he gave him credit rather than the lifeguard. The reason why the lifeguard wasnt there first is because there are a few areas that the lifeguards must cover and the nearest lifeguard was at another swim site a lot farther away from the incident. The employee paged the lifeguard AND called 911.

"The kid brought his brother out, and Drew was able to see what was going on," Torres said. "There was a lifeguard on duty, but Drew got to him before the lifeguard."

I saw a report on TV here that Drew pulled the kid out of the water, which is why I refuted that claim in my original post.

Hope that clears up any speculation. WQTM Orlando (740 The Team) refuted Drew's claims going off the exact source that I had.

Martel
07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
I guess since this is out of the limelight now...

A co-worker of mine's sister was the woman who called 911 (in fact the audio of her call could be heard on a few news networks). She's an employee at poolside at the Grand Floridian. So she saw the whole thing. She saw Drew pound on the kid's chest until a lifeguard took over. And then he called all the media outlets and said himself that he worked on the kid for two minutes and successfully revived him. Yes he was seen and heared calling from the pool. The cop arrived after this stuff happened, and Drew informed him that he revived the boy. So he gave him credit rather than the lifeguard. The reason why the lifeguard wasnt there first is because there are a few areas that the lifeguards must cover and the nearest lifeguard was at another swim site a lot farther away from the incident. The employee paged the lifeguard AND called 911.

"The kid brought his brother out, and Drew was able to see what was going on," Torres said. "There was a lifeguard on duty, but Drew got to him before the lifeguard."

I saw a report on TV here that Drew pulled the kid out of the water, which is why I refuted that claim in my original post.

Hope that clears up any speculation. WQTM Orlando (740 The Team) refuted Drew's claims going off the exact source that I had.

I definitely didn't think you were making stuff up. I just thought that this was a biased post against the guy, with a pretty negative spin on what turned out to be a good situation. Anyway, Drew can go back to being a super agent by day, beach savior by weekend!!

Sounds like a TV pilot Drew!! I see big $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

TerryTate
07-22-2005, 02:29 PM
LOL there is already a movie loosely based on him. Jerry McGuire anybody?