PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2006/ NCAA 2006

H2Ronnie23
07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I just bought NCAA 2006 and i find it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the deep pass. Supposedly Madden has the same engine NCAA 2006 and its nearly impossible to swat the ball in any way. If any of you have NCAA 2006 and know a way to stop this crap from happening please share the wisdom. Another thing i was gonna say is that Madden 2006 supposedly is gonna look the same as NCAA 2006 and that its gonna be on XBOX and XBOX 360, kinda find it pointless, there will probably minimal differences in them. Help me out with the deep pass stuff, and one other thing / is David Boston gonna be our #2 receiver or #3, hes got the ability to be a #1 so im kinda thinking about it, and any improvements with Derrius Thompson, when we got him from washington he was supposedly a great young wideout and so far hes been a big dissapointment except on MONDAY NIGHT WHEN WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS!!! That was the highlight of last year!

thebigshow405
07-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Use L1 to knock the ball down instead of hitting triangle to intercept it. On XBOX, I dont know what button L1 is, but look in the instructions for "swat ball". Trust me, it works. Your DB jumps rediculously high and knocks the ball down. Yeah u dont get the the interception, but its better than giving up a TD!

miabrown23
07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I just bought NCAA 2006 and i find it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the deep pass. Supposedly Madden has the same engine NCAA 2006 and its nearly impossible to swat the ball in any way. If any of you have NCAA 2006 and know a way to stop this crap from happening please share the wisdom. Another thing i was gonna say is that Madden 2006 supposedly is gonna look the same as NCAA 2006 and that its gonna be on XBOX and XBOX 360, kinda find it pointless, there will probably minimal differences in them. Help me out with the deep pass stuff, and one other thing / is David Boston gonna be our #2 receiver or #3, hes got the ability to be a #1 so im kinda thinking about it, and any improvements with Derrius Thompson, when we got him from washington he was supposedly a great young wideout and so far hes been a big dissapointment except on MONDAY NIGHT WHEN WE BEAT THE PATRIOTS!!! That was the highlight of last year! hit the mini camp

ASCII
07-22-2005, 10:37 AM
umm wrong forum?

DolphinsD1
07-22-2005, 10:39 AM
keep 2 safties back and run man coverage and get on your free saftey and just play the deep ball and get the user pick... user interception are so easy on ncaa 2006, hope madden isnt like that, ncaa has got a lot of problems..

spydertl79
07-22-2005, 10:49 AM
keep 2 safties back and run man coverage and get on your free saftey and just play the deep ball and get the user pick... user interception are so easy on ncaa 2006, hope madden isnt like that, ncaa has got a lot of problems..
I prefer NCAA gameplay to Madden because in Madden there are too many dropped interceptions.

finjim
07-22-2005, 11:15 AM
take control of your DB, left trigger to swat the pass down.

Motion
07-22-2005, 12:07 PM

Like what?

Sounds like you need to bump the difficulty level.

Motion
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Supposedly Madden has the same engine NCAA 2006

I sure hope so. NCAA's gameplay has been much better than Madden's the last couple years.

vinivedivichi
07-22-2005, 12:31 PM
It seems to me so far that switching to the CB with the ball in the air slows the CB down and they complete the deep pass almost 100 percent of the time. I have resigned to letting the computer handle it, and they still get beet like 70 percent of the tiime.

AZStryker
07-22-2005, 02:02 PM
It seems to me so far that switching to the CB with the ball in the air slows the CB down and they complete the deep pass almost 100 percent of the time. I have resigned to letting the computer handle it, and they still get beet like 70 percent of the tiime.

I hear ya!!! My defense (in 05) was always rated in the bottom 3rd of the league simply because I give up a 70 yarder each and every game. If you have a corner w/o good speed (ie. poole and Howard) and a wr with a 95 or better, they will burn you every time. I either had to draft fast CB's or create a defense where the safties play over towrads the sideline and deep. After all it's not like you ever have to respect the run playing against the comp.

I was hoping madden fixed this problem but it doens't look likely. Oh well, it's still the best football sim game IMO.

DolphinsD1
07-23-2005, 09:19 AM
for the guy who asked what problems in ncaa,, here we go, scrambling qbs overrated, slow gameplay on kickoffs, impact or hitstick(whatever you wanna call it) hardly works youve got to hit it like 4 seconds prior to impact,in online play people put wide receivers in at QB position, and there is many more with online play, and many other things, seriously play this game and you realize they just threw it out on the release date they could of made it better........ not to mention while creating a player if you want white tape on the shoes there is only black,even tho it says white, also ive noticed sloppy mistakes like on texas backup qb #7 and SS#7 WTF this game is GARBAGE........... i pray that madden is not this poorly put together.. played about 5 games of ncaa06 and took it back and got my 50 bucks back......

DolphinsD1
07-23-2005, 09:22 AM
SpeedRush on the difficulty thing we play on all-american it is as high as you can get it i think or at least second highest, its just like all pro on maddenIf they would of took there time and made it good it would of been a great game but they didnt , you can tell it was just thrown together..................................

Agent51
07-24-2005, 08:11 PM
for the guy who asked what problems in ncaa,, here we go, scrambling qbs overrated, slow gameplay on kickoffs, impact or hitstick(whatever you wanna call it) hardly works youve got to hit it like 4 seconds prior to impact,in online play people put wide receivers in at QB position, and there is many more with online play, and many other things, seriously play this game and you realize they just threw it out on the release date they could of made it better........ not to mention while creating a player if you want white tape on the shoes there is only black,even tho it says white, also ive noticed sloppy mistakes like on texas backup qb #7 and SS#7 WTF this game is GARBAGE........... i pray that madden is not this poorly put together.. played about 5 games of ncaa06 and took it back and got my 50 bucks back......

wow, thank god, lol, I thought i was the ONLY person who noticed this. It says white but it never changes to white, on some teams anyway. My friend created a guy for Hawaii and it was black tape even though it said white, but when i was going through the stuff for my created guy (for Texas) it let me have white, so IDK what the deal is. Personally my biggest gripe is how in RFTH mode you can't edit player #s on the roster so you create a heisman candidate and if someone on your team already has the # you want you are stuck with a different number and can't change it, I think that is EXTREMELY GAY, I am stuck with a number I don't even want or really like instead of having my number (21) that I have had all my life in real sports.

John Biello
07-24-2005, 08:33 PM
i agree with all the issues brought up, but the worst thing to me in the fact that a 50 yard bomb has a way better completetion percentage than a slant into a wide open middle of the field. i pray also madden doesnt suck this badly

mor911
07-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I was very disappointed with NCAA... I returned it already. The only reason I will play madden, is because I have no other options.

Sucks to be a football gamer in this year :(

Motion
07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Just finished my first season in Race for the Heisman, WTF, you have no control over the offseason moves like recruiting and convincing underclassmen to stay. I'm pretty happy with the gameplay though. Looking forward to Madden.

Jt0323
07-24-2005, 10:36 PM
I was very disappointed with NCAA... I returned it already. The only reason I will play madden, is because I have no other options.

Sucks to be a football gamer in this year :(

madden goona be great this year...also u might like Blitz The league... go to ign and search it...it looks good

UCFinfan86
07-24-2005, 11:02 PM
that blitz league looks soo cool, all those hits and **** damn

dolphinsfan69
07-25-2005, 03:11 PM

I hate to tell you, but in college you can have multiple players with the same numbers. As long as they play on different sides of the ball, and they aren't gonna be on the field at the same time. Last year for Oklahoma, Adrian Peterson was #28, and so was the cornerback Antonio Perkins.

mor911
07-25-2005, 04:31 PM
madden goona be great this year...also u might like Blitz The league... go to ign and search it...it looks good
No dolphins = No mor

If I want to play my fins and squish the jets, I have to play madden. Again. Gotta love choices... WAIT we have no choice.

WVECOMMISH1
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
i like this years gameplay in ncaa, especially becasue i dont switch during a defensive or offensive play. So far my created heisman candidate is 2nd in the nation and i am playing on heisman level using LSU. Cant wait till madden so i can have all the real names of the rookies from NCAA imporoted thanks to ebay and buying the names for all the nca players!