PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2006 Music

Uncle Rico II
07-22-2005, 07:11 PM
All right, I rented 2006 and the soundtrack is comletely awful. I mean terrible, I turned on the fight songs and they were cool but can get annoying after awhile as well. I think EA should fire whoever picked that music, it's all very bad 80-90's wanna be alternative/punk. The Pixies and the Clash songs were ok, the rest was total crap.

I hope madden's music is better

What do you guys think?

Edit- I forgot the ska song, do people actually still listen to that garbage? It's so 1997...

t2thejz
07-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Thats why I got it on X-box. Custum soundtrack

TerryTate
07-22-2005, 07:50 PM
All right, I rented 2006 and the soundtrack is comletely awful. I mean terrible, I turned on the fight songs and they were cool but can get annoying after awhile as well. I think EA should fire whoever picked that music, it's all very bad 80-90's wanna be alternative/punk. The Pixies and the Clash songs were ok, the rest was total crap.

I hope madden's music is better

What do you guys think?

Edit- I forgot the ska song, do people actually still listen to that garbage? It's so 1997...

I think the soundtrack is AWESOME compared to some of the crap they have had on there in the past.

elandre
07-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Yea i Agree its better than hearing the stupid School band

Agent51
07-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I think the soundtrack is AWESOME compared to some of the crap they have had on there in the past.

Being a HUGE punk fan I have to say this is THE best soundtrack EVER in ANY sports game (aside from the "extreme" ones like the Tony Hawks etc etc). To say its wannabe alternative/punk is totally asinine. Do you KNOW who the bands are? Bad Religion is one of the most influential punk bands EVER, and NoFx has been going strong for QUITE some time, not to mention Lagwagon, definately a recognizable name if you listen to the genre. I don't like the De La Soul song or a few others, but to say the bands are wannabe punk is ******ed, they helped shape punk into what it is today.

TerryTate
07-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Being a HUGE punk fan I have to say this is THE best soundtrack EVER in ANY sports game (aside from the "extreme" ones like the Tony Hawks etc etc). To say its wannabe alternative/punk is totally asinine. Do you KNOW who the bands are? Bad Religion is one of the most influential punk bands EVER, and NoFx has been going strong for QUITE some time, not to mention Lagwagon, definately a recognizable name if you listen to the genre. I don't like the De La Soul song or a few others, but to say the bands are wannabe punk is ******ed, they helped shape punk into what it is today.

And unlike the other years, a lot of this music is not fresh off of new albumes or ones that are about to be released...I believe the NOFX song is from about ten years ago. NOFX, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, I approve :)

As for the bands, I love the college bands playing, it makes it feel different then madden.

Uncle Rico II
07-22-2005, 09:19 PM

Bad Religion, Lagwagon, NoFx, Neds Atomic Dustbin, The Pietasters.................real musical marvels there...yawn. I didn't play NCAA in the past and if this is the first year with real music I can understand it would be better than just the fight songs.

Agent51
07-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Bad Religion, Lagwagon, NoFx, Neds Atomic Dustbin, The Pietasters.................real musical marvels there...yawn. I didn't play NCAA in the past and if this is the first year with real music I can understand it would be better than just the fight songs.

"Bad Religion, NoFx, Lagwagon" .....for punk fans those are all big bands, as for the other two you named, I don't like those songs either.

And yea TT, I agree with liking the fact that they are OLDER songs. The BR song is from "Generator" which came out in like 1992 and the NoFx song is from "Punk In Drublic" which came out in 1994.