PDA

View Full Version : Cris Carter definitely starting on MNF

InMyChambers
10-31-2002, 10:02 PM
He said on Inside the NFL that he is starting. They did a piece on him at the end that was pretty good. I can't wait to see #88 all he does is catch touchdowns. It would be nice to see lucas hit him with a pass first play of the game. That would get the pack keying on him the rest of the night and that would then open up chambers.

MadTownPackFan
11-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by InMyChambers
He said on Inside the NFL that he is starting. They did a piece on him at the end that was pretty good. I can't wait to see #88 all he does is catch touchdowns. It would be nice to see lucas hit him with a pass first play of the game. That would get the pack keying on him the rest of the night and that would then open up chambers.

Keep dreaming. Carter is washed up and out of shape. He won't do much of anything in the game. I'm sure the Packers are just shaking in their boots! :D :sleep:

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by InMyChambers

oh I am sure Darren Sharper will have a few things to say about that. ;) :p

Al13
11-01-2002, 10:20 AM
yeah sharper can ask for an autograph when carter has scored on him although isn´t that sharper guy questionable`anyways ? or was it mckenzie ? the guy who is supposed to cover #84 ,who is coming home to wisconsin and will show the packs who the better wr is and let me give you a hint....it is not ferguson...:)

Dolphins 27:14

Ciao Alex

Chubby
11-01-2002, 10:32 AM
You can put all of your recievers together and they dont have half the talent that Carter and Chambers Do.

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Chubby
You can put all of your recievers together and they dont have half the talent that Carter and Chambers Do.

You mean 1/2 the talent that Carter Had! The guy is 37 years old. All you thinking he is going to come in and be the Chris Carter of a few years ago are fooling yourselves.

minus
11-01-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BillscrushFins
You mean 1/2 the talent that Carter Had! The guy is 37 years old. All you thinking he is going to come in and be the Chris Carter of a few years ago are fooling yourselves.

How many receptions he had last season ? Look it up ..

Chubby
11-01-2002, 11:23 AM
Hey Crush, What have you seen that makes you think he is only half as good as he was. Because If you say last year we all know what happen to Minny and You can see that The amount of times they throught to him was a lot less that normal years. But of course you would not know that Because you bills fans are just envious of us.

MarinoFan
11-01-2002, 11:28 AM
You mean 1/2 the talent that Carter Had! The guy is 37 years old. All you thinking he is going to come in and be the Chris Carter of a few years ago are fooling yourselves. Another thread starting some smack. Well listen here fella. Everybody thoguth Jerry Rice wash old and washed up. Guess what, he isn't the same, but still makes plays. We aren't asking Carter to go out and catch 10 balls a game. We only need a few catches, first downs, and some kowledge passed on to our younger receivers. Every receiver in this league can learn a thing or two from this guy. Don't get all your panties in a bunch, you are wishing and hoping this and that, but until Monday and next week, nobody will know anything. Sure thing is, we aren't the team who played you last week.

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey Crush, What have you seen that makes you think he is only half as good as he was. Because If you say last year we all know what happen to Minny and You can see that The amount of times they throught to him was a lot less that normal years. But of course you would not know that Because you bills fans are just envious of us.

umm BillscrushFins is correct, he is not the same wideout he was a few years ago. I know I, watched in our division over the last 16 years. Only reason he had the numbers that he did last year was because of all the short outs the Viqueens threw to him.

Now is he still a good wideout? yes! His work ethics are just awesome for a man of his age. To bad his 'tude is totally 180 degrees different.

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by MarinoFan
Another thread starting some smack.

Oh come on. Why are you so thin skinned?? Thats not smack. I am just saying that I don't think he is going to be as good as some of you all think he is going to be. I know he was decent last year. I just don't think a guy steps from the broadcast booth to the NFL field and picks up at the same level he was.

What.........if someone has a differant opinion than you it is smack talk?

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 11:40 AM

basically,yes :lol:

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 11:54 AM
, you are wishing and hoping this and that, but until Monday and next week, nobody will know anything. Sure thing is, we aren't the team who played you last week.

You are exactly right. Until the game is played and we see CC perform we don't know how good he is going to be. Others are saying he is going to be great! Maybe they should wait and see too.

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 12:01 PM
You are exactly right. Until the game is played and we see CC perform we don't know how good he is going to be. Others are saying he is going to be great! Maybe they should wait and see too.

Yes, They should

BSQX4
11-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Billscrushfins-look at the name that you call yourself. I don't know if this is considered smack but clearly you are biased, have tunnel-vision and if your life depended on it you couldn't say a kind word about the Miami Dolphins. There's alot of football left to be played before we determine who are the contenders and who are the pretenders. I for one am impressed by the play of Bledsoe, I knew right away it was a bad mistake to trade away a top tier talent like Bledsoe to a division rival. I always thought Moulds was excellent and Peerless Price has played better than I ever thought he would. He has Drew throwing him the ball, what a difference a quarterback makes. Right now Buffalo is about #10 in most power rankings going into a big game vs. New England. A home victory over a still tough New England team will move them up even higher in the power ranking and more signifigantly coupled with a Dolphin loss you guys would be in first place. You're favored to beat New England (3 points) and Miami is an underdog vs. Green Bay (quite expected with Lucas at the helm) so it could fall in Buffalos favor. With all that good stuff that you should be happy about why do you have to come to our website and act like the back end of a horse. You're a guest here at least try to present yourself as an educated and classy fan. We forgive past behavior and give you a clean slate so lets see if you can upgrade your act. We'll be watching.

RobertHoover
11-01-2002, 12:08 PM
So can we expect the same from you, the whole classy intelligent part at least?

PHINFAN4LIFE
11-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Man, you get 1 win in 3 years(due to injury,I might add) and now we get doo-doo chasin, ear-muff wearin', pansies, callin themselves "billscrushphins"! Unforkinbelievable!

minus
11-01-2002, 12:50 PM
The guy offseason work outs are similar to Jerry Rice.He came into practice in great shape and there no reason why Carter can contribute right away against Green Bay.He had 80 catches last season and he can still play the game at a high level..

RobertHoover
11-01-2002, 12:56 PM
I would be more worried about next week. He should be fine vs. GB but if he takes any pounding he may have trouble recovering quickly since it's been 11 months since he got any contact.

VanDolPhan
11-01-2002, 01:20 PM

It is when it's the only thing you post.

Sherif
11-01-2002, 01:31 PM
He didn't seem washed up last year with 77 catches. But I guess since he's 8 months older now he's washed up. Anyone can get washed up in 8 months. More like I'm a bills and GB fan so I HOPE Carter's washed up.

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by BSQX4
Billscrushfins-look at the name that you call yourself. I don't know if this is considered smack but clearly you are biased, have tunnel-vision and if your life depended on it you couldn't say a kind word about the Miami Dolphins. There's alot of football left to be played before we determine who are the contenders and who are the pretenders. I for one am impressed by the play of Bledsoe, I knew right away it was a bad mistake to trade away a top tier talent like Bledsoe to a division rival. I always thought Moulds was excellent and Peerless Price has played better than I ever thought he would. He has Drew throwing him the ball, what a difference a quarterback makes. Right now Buffalo is about #10 in most power rankings going into a big game vs. New England. A home victory over a still tough New England team will move them up even higher in the power ranking and more signifigantly coupled with a Dolphin loss you guys would be in first place. You're favored to beat New England (3 points) and Miami is an underdog vs. Green Bay (quite expected with Lucas at the helm) so it could fall in Buffalos favor. With all that good stuff that you should be happy about why do you have to come to our website and act like the back end of a horse. You're a guest here at least try to present yourself as an educated and classy fan. We forgive past behavior and give you a clean slate so lets see if you can upgrade your act. We'll be watching.

My username is all in good fun. Lighten up. I know it gets really boring when your team has not played for 2 weeks but don't take it out on me. I have not been acting less than classy. I simply state that I think some are overating how good CC is going to be and you jump all over me for smack talking you.

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Sherif
He didn't seem washed up last year with 77 catches. But I guess since he's 8 months older now he's washed up. Anyone can get washed up in 8 months. More like I'm a bills and GB fan so I HOPE Carter's washed up.

Go back and read my posts. YOu will not find one where I said he is washed up. YOu read my posts and turn them around to say what you want them to say.

PhinKev
11-01-2002, 02:22 PM
I think the point that many of you are missing is that CC does not have to be a superstar. The real question is can he produce the type of numbers we would have gotten from OG.

It was brutally obvious against the Bills that there is a big drop off behind Chambers and without OG. The Bills were putting 8 and sometimes 9 in the box and we were having trouble passing against a fairly mediocre secondary.

Some of that, actually much of that, was Lucas, but our receivers were not helping.

Compared to what we would have put out there on the field, I'm finding it fairly easy to believe that even an old CC will be a nice impovment.

Frankly, I don't care if the Bills and Packer fans want to crow about how he's not a probowler anymore. Fine, but we'll take him anyway.

Hellion
11-01-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by MadTownPackFan
Keep dreaming. Carter is washed up and out of shape. He won't do much of anything in the game. I'm sure the Packers are just shaking in their boots! :D :sleep:

Before you post try to get some factual imformation before hand please. Carter ran a WR camp in FLA. to stay in football shape incase he got a call to play, and when he started practicing with the Fins several players and coaches made comments about how well conditioned and in shape he is.
Yes he'll definetly be rusty but then again MIA. is not asking him to do anything that OG hasen't done.

Some Finfans are just excited about having him in Mia. but I don't think anyone is expecting him to be Moss or Moulds out there.

Whoever brought up age;
As far as being 37 as an excuse, thats a bunch of B.S. Darrell Green and Jerry Rice don't seem to be doing to bad for their age. And being 35 and playing in a hockey league there's nothing better than shutting some young punks mouth that opens it before his brain has time to think. So don't use age as an excuse because when you're at the athletic level of these guys age is just a number, especially when he's not being asked to carry the team.

Yes some fans overstate his role b/c of excitement but he's not coming in to be a savior because the Fins don't need one, they just need to get healthy.

Sherif
11-01-2002, 02:53 PM
Bills Crush you said Carter Had talent and we expect him to have the talent of a few years ago. No we expect him to have the talent of 8 months ago. And the stupid Green Bay Fan with 7 posts said Carter was washed up. He should have said Carter should wash up before comming to stinkin GB because he's not going to use GB's ****ty facilities to wash up.

BSQX4
11-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Billscrush I already like you better. We can have much more meaningful exchanges at a higher level. I mean it's fun to get crazy once in a while (my posts with Big Doug were classic) but we don't have to be in the trenches every day. We both have very good teams to root for and that's a great thing. Imagine rooting for the Bengals or the Jets. As far as Cris Carter, honestly until he lines up and plays a few games it's a waste of time for anybody to try and say with any degree of certainty how he will do. Will he be rusty, of course. Will he be a bit tenative because this is a new playbook for him, of course. As a huge Miami Dolphin fan I'm hoping that he is exactly what this team needs for the stretch run. I'm very excited to have him and I can fully understand that as a Bills fan you hope the acquisition goes badly. Nobody knows how it going to turn out, not Wanny, not even CC himself. Reports from local media (sports radio, T.Vetc.) say he is in better shape than they had even hoped he'd be and that he is picking up the system like the savvy veteran that he is. Now do you think we can get Robert Hoover to be a nice guy?

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 04:24 PM
Thank you BSQX4...................I am with you 100% on that post. Until he lines up and plays it's all specualtion. Cetainly I am hoping he is over the hill and you are hoping he has a litte Jerry Rice in him. We'll see.

ANd if I were a Bengals fan I'd find a new team ;-)

Chubby
11-01-2002, 05:08 PM
You Dress up a piece of sh*t with bread and call it a hamburger, but when it comes down to it its still a piece of Sh*t.(or bills Fan) you see, you may be able to fool BSQX but your not fooling me. I have not read anything intelligent from your posts, so please go back to your bills boards and stop living in the past

ckparrothead
11-01-2002, 05:13 PM
I think one thing probably overlooked in this whole trash talking session by the Packers fans is, that the last time the Packers faced Cris Carter, which is to say a mere 10 months ago, they double teamed him the entire game. Thats right they doubled both Randy Moss AND Cris Carter.

Yeah...he's SOOOOOOOO old....

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Thats the kind of BS that makes these threads deteriorate into smack talk. I have never used personal insults but have been called all sorts of crap by posters here. I won't stoop to your level. You mods should warn you for TOS violation.

Chubby
11-01-2002, 05:14 PM
i HONESTLY THINK IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 GAMES BEFORE CARTER WILL MAKE A BIG IMPACT, bUT i DEFINATELY AGREE HE WILL BE A DIFFERENCE MAKER

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think one thing probably overlooked in this whole trash talking session by the Packers fans is, that the last time the Packers faced Cris Carter, which is to say a mere 10 months ago, they double teamed him the entire game. Thats right they doubled both Randy Moss AND Cris Carter.

Yeah...he's SOOOOOOOO old....

yeah *snicker* last time we faced him he looked like this:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Mckenzie whooped him that entire game in single coverage

:lol:

ckparrothead
11-01-2002, 05:17 PM
If Carter merely functions for us the way OJ McDuffie functioned for us in 2000 when he was making key catches down the stretch in December and then in the playoffs, I will be happy. Ricky Williams' presence on offense alone will put us in a better situation than in 2000.

ckparrothead
11-01-2002, 05:18 PM
Single coverage my @ss he was doubled the entire game.

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 05:20 PM

let me guess you watched this game right? :lol: see the saftey (Sharper)way over by Randy Moss in that Picture? that was single (or man to man)coverage on that play

ckparrothead
11-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Does the picture show where the other safety is? Didn't think so.

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 05:23 PM
Nice picture Wisconsin! CC sure was making an effort to make the tackle on him! Moss too> Couple of MEEEEE guys

Chubby
11-01-2002, 05:32 PM
BILLSCRUSH YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID, NOW THEY MOVED THE WHOLE POST GOOD JOB

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Does the picture show where the other safety is? Didn't think so.
here want video of it?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/multimedia/01highlights/GB

scroll down to week 16 and watch it , it was man to man

Next! :lol:

phinfan_1
11-01-2002, 05:36 PM
With all these posts dedicated to C.Carter from nondolphin fans I sense he must pretty good.

MarinoFan
11-01-2002, 05:39 PM
everytime he posts they should move it to the smack board. Nothing he talks about has anything to do with the thread he's in, much less the board. KICK HIS A$$ OFF!!

thefisherking
11-01-2002, 05:40 PM
Chris Carter is well known to the Packers. What makes you Dolphin fans such instant experts on him......????.....get a grip...why do you think he was available half way thru the season?

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 05:41 PM
BILLSCRUSH YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID, NOW THEY MOVED THE WHOLE POST GOOD JOB

Oh yeahhhhhhh It's all my fault:mad: I'm not taking the blame for this:yell:

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 05:44 PM
everytime he posts they should move it to the smack board. Nothing he talks about has anything to do with the thread he's in, much less the board. KICK HIS A$$ OFF!!

Your not reading my posts if you say that. I have been talking about Chris Carter and that is what this thread is about! You are just thin skinned

WisconsinFan
11-01-2002, 05:45 PM

coming from the same guy that just got a post deleted in the football area for telling a Denver fan to stick something up his butt? :lol: :lol:

MadTownPackFan
11-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Go back and read my posts. YOu will not find one where I said he is washed up. YOu read my posts and turn them around to say what you want them to say.

You're right. I said he's washed up, and I stand by my statement. That's not smack. It's my considered opinion and until he plays a game ther is no way to prove me wrong.

thefisherking
11-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by WisconsinFan
yeah *snicker* last time we faced him he looked like this:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Mckenzie whooped him that entire game in single coverage

:lol:

There's Carter looking for a flag and whining...not even attempting to run down the play.....Moss is jogging for the sideline.....THAT WAS A CLASSIC !!!

Yeah, you guys hooked a real winner boys.........

thefisherking
11-01-2002, 05:50 PM

You watch a lot of Packer games parrothead ?

MadTownPackFan
11-01-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Hellion
Before you post try to get some factual imformation before hand please.

Huh? Opinions aren't allowed? Then I guess you can go back and delete 90% of your posts too. I've watched CC up close for many years and he has lost alot. I'll be here on Tuesday morning to hear your excuses as to why he was a non-factor. I'm sure you've been studying up on that! :D

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 05:53 PM
I would like to know how parrothead watches every single NFL game of every single NFL team. Do you have 16 TV's set up in your living room with 16 satalite dish? Must really be hard to concentrate.

MadTownPackFan
11-01-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Sherif
Bills Crush you said Carter Had talent and we expect him to have the talent of a few years ago. No we expect him to have the talent of 8 months ago. And the stupid Green Bay Fan with 7 posts said Carter was washed up. He should have said Carter should wash up before comming to stinkin GB because he's not going to use GB's ****ty facilities to wash up.

Packer fans being banned left and right but you can call me stupid and that's OK? Well, Sir, why don't you wait until Monday night to decide how 'stupid' I am! :evil:

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 05:58 PM
They are very thin skinned here MadTown! If you say one little bad thing about the dolphins they will ban you from their main board. The need to grow a set and act like men. I realy really hope the pack kicks their a$$es Monday night. A phin @$$ whoppin is almost as fun for me as a Bills win

BillscrushFins
11-01-2002, 06:00 PM
The mods let dolphin fans call other fans stupid, @$$......holes
SH#@ heads etc. I have been called all those and more. There are a few real classless fans here. When we play you guys in DEC make sure you visit www.billszone.com It will be good talk and you won't be kicked out for thinking your team is better than ours.

MadTownPackFan
11-01-2002, 06:04 PM
They are very thin skinned here MadTown! If you say one little bad thing about the dolphins they will ban you from their main board. The need to grow a set and act like men. I realy really hope the pack kicks their a$$es Monday night. A phin @$$ whoppin is almost as fun for me as a Bills win

Just what the Doctor ordered. One A$$ kicking coming up! :evil:

MadTownPackFan
11-01-2002, 06:05 PM
SH#@ heads etc. I have been called all those and more. There are a few real classless fans here. When we play you guys in DEC make sure you visit www.billszone.com It will be good talk and you won't be kicked out for thinking your team is better than ours.

We will be there for some good-natured banter with some football savy fans....

DPlus47
11-01-2002, 07:59 PM
who can spell.

Sabre Ally
11-01-2002, 08:07 PM
When we play you guys in DEC make sure you visit www.billszone.com

I guess this means I should know who you are. I wish people would use the same screenname instead of having a different one on every site. :rolleyes:

finfan54
11-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by thefisherking
Chris Carter is well known to the Packers. What makes you Dolphin fans such instant experts on him......????.....get a grip...why do you think he was available half way thru the season?

gee, experts? sounds like your the expert. but here is reality. everyone knows who chris carter is. its not like he is a second year unkown or a rookie. expert? how bout hall of famer? :monkey: dumbass

finfan54
11-01-2002, 08:44 PM

Im sure by that time you will have a record of 6- 6.:lol:

finfan54
11-01-2002, 08:47 PM
You're right. I said he's washed up, and I stand by my statement. That's not smack. It's my considered opinion and until he plays a game ther is no way to prove me wrong.

im not saying that you are an a$$hole. but you sure do sound like one.:p

Levenstein
11-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by finfan54
gee, experts? sounds like your the expert. but here is reality. everyone knows who chris carter is. its not like he is a second year unkown or a rookie. expert? how bout hall of famer? :monkey: dumbass

Hall of famer...?????? Bwaahahahah...You don't know **** about Carter moron...all you know is Mr."Hall Of Fame" was available after every team in the league passed on this guy....INCLUDING THE MIGHTY DOOFINS this year.....now that the season is half over and you're hard up for awhile he's Hall of Fame material????

Here is reality stupid....we played against Carter his whole career numb nuts....first at Philly...then in the division with the Vikes...15 years...But I guess you would know everything about him.."everyone know who Chris Carter is"....HAHAHAHAHA

You didn't know **** about this guy until 10 days ago.

SoFL-Cheesehead
11-01-2002, 09:54 PM
I have 3 major problems with Chris Carter. Don't get me wrong, the Dolphin DID GOOD to get a Vet WR with all the injuries they have at WR! Chris Carter should be a good stop gap WR until the injuried players can get back.

My area of concern are:

!) As someone already posted, it will take 3 or 4 games before Carter will get into the offensive system, The Offensive system is different than what he was used to with the Vikings. Ray Lucas and then Jay will have to build a bond between them and Chris Carter.

2) the Dolphins do not have Randy Moss!! One of the major reasons that Chris Carter made 77 catches last seasinon is because the defnses were more concern with Moss BIG plays than Carter!. The Pack Fans are right, most teams were playing double or triple coverage on Moss and single coverage on Carter! Carter did shine in the red zone the last few years with the Vikings. However, it took Moss and Culpepper to get the team down into the red zone!

3) The Dolphin's do not have D. Culpepper! Ray Lucas and Jay do not have the arm strength or the ability to run the ball as Culpepper! Chris Carter had good stats last season becuase Culpepper could flat out throw the ball and run to open up passing chances! The defense was able to slow down Moss, which left Carter to be openned more! Can Lucas Zip the ball in like Culpepper!

I know this is the Smack area and I should be making comments like: The Biffalo Bobs defense has SOOOOO many holes in it, theu should be called the SLUTS of the AFC!! :eek: :lol: :lol:

But ever once in a while, I will be honest and say something about footbal!!

The Great Biffalo Bobs. 1-4 against the Dolphins for the last 3 years!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that is something to CROW about!!!;) ;) :evil:

Levenstein
11-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Buffalo is 1-4 against the Fins in the last 3 years? Man..when the hell was the last time they beat Miami....hmmmm....hmmmm?

How about you start EATING SOME CROW......eh, Baby Fish?

Paco
11-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Get your ass back on the convoy baby fish.

Hellion
11-02-2002, 12:11 AM
Huh? Opinions aren't allowed? Then I guess you can go back and delete 90% of your posts too. I've watched CC up close for many years and he has lost alot. I'll be here on Tuesday morning to hear your excuses as to why he was a non-factor. I'm sure you've been studying up on that! :D

Listen, once again you don't know what your talking about, I keep an eye on the Lions and follow the NFC north (Central) and have for YEARS and yes I have watched Cris Carter's career and I never said he was in the same form as he was when he was younger, but then the Fins don't need him to be. Just because he lost a step doesn’t make him washed up. In fact you stated that he was out of shape, really, and when did you last see Carter? HBO? :rolleyes: Ok

Stating that “he is out of shape” maybe your opinion but it is inaccurate non the less. So before you go spewing fodder everywhere know what you are talking about before you speak.

And when did I say he would be a factor? That's right I didn't. But see ya Tuesday afternoon.

Paco
11-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Chris Carter will instantly be Miami's best receiver.

Dajesus
11-02-2002, 01:27 AM
Blah Blah Blah! Why doesn't everyone take off their team's helmet and talk football? Obviously at 36(please note CC is 36 till the end of November) Carter will not be able to flash the skills that lead to 100 receptions or 1500 yards or 15 tds, but is anyone in the Dolphins organazation hopeing for that? Hell no! OG was a slower WR that the Dolphins would look for a big catch or 2 in a game. He was a go to guy on 3rd down, and not much more. That is all the Dolphins really need out of CC. This is a team with a 1000 yard plus RB, a emerging super star at the other WR, 1 should be great TE, and another solid TE. CC will come in and make a couple catches to free those guys up, and be huge threat in the red zone. He will demand more respect from defenses on name alone than OG did, and although he won't be able to take over games consistently like he did in the past, he will make some plays that scare DCs everywhere, just like he always has. If you expect anymore or anyless then you are crazy.

Dajesus
11-02-2002, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Baby Fish
[B]I have 3 major problems with Chris Carter. Don't get me wrong, the Dolphin DID GOOD to get a Vet WR with all the injuries they have at WR! Chris Carter should be a good stop gap WR until the injuried players can get back.

My area of concern are:

!) As someone already posted, it will take 3 or 4 games before Carter will get into the offensive system, The Offensive system is different than what he was used to with the Vikings. Ray Lucas and then Jay will have to build a bond between them and Chris Carter.

2) the Dolphins do not have Randy Moss!! One of the major reasons that Chris Carter made 77 catches last seasinon is because the defnses were more concern with Moss BIG plays than Carter!. The Pack Fans are right, most teams were playing double or triple coverage on Moss and single coverage on Carter! Carter did shine in the red zone the last few years with the Vikings. However, it took Moss and Culpepper to get the team down into the red zone!

3) The Dolphin's do not have D. Culpepper! Ray Lucas and Jay do not have the arm strength or the ability to run the ball as Culpepper! Chris Carter had good stats last season becuase Culpepper could flat out throw the ball and run to open up passing chances! The defense was able to slow down Moss, which left Carter to be openned more! Can Lucas Zip the ball in like Culpepper!

I know this is the Smack area and I should be making comments like: The Biffalo Bobs defense has SOOOOO many holes in it, theu should be called the SLUTS of the AFC!! :eek: :lol: :lol:

But ever once in a while, I will be honest and say something about footbal!!

I don't expect to much from CC, but when comparing this to Minn i have a few questions to raise.

If Moss has carried CC for so long then where are his stats now? Last sunday was his first 100 yard game of the season.

No we don't have Culpepper, but did Minn have Ricky or anyone comparable to him last year when CC caught 80 balls?

BigDoug
11-02-2002, 01:51 AM
:rofl:

BSQX4
11-02-2002, 08:49 AM
Chubby, I know traffic on Kendall Drive can stress you out bigtime but regarding Billscrush what I said was lets, on a go forward basis, try to act classier. So far he's responded by trying to be a better guy. When you go in heavy calling him major smack names I don't think that elevates the level of dialouge. There was good comedy in your remarks, they were funny, but c'mon, when you post like that your decending to the very level you're criticizing. The idea was to take the thing up a notch. As far as anybody fooling me, you don't know me but trust me when I tell you you've got to get up pretty early. Let's kick Green Bays butts and we'll be smiling big time. If you're a huge Dolphin fan like I am you're still not over the shocking loss to Buffalo and the inexplicible horrible play by Ray Lucas but if we can right the ship with a win in Green Bay all will be well in Dolphinland!

BillscrushFins
11-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I guess this means I should know who you are. I wish people would use the same screenname instead of having a different one on every site. :rolleyes:

:sleep: Guess!

WharfRat
11-02-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I wish people would use the same screenname instead of having a different one on every site. :rolleyes:

Or at least not hide behind other screennames (aka ghosting) ... people like 3W/Churchfie make it known who they are.... :rolleyes:

Sabre Ally
11-03-2002, 01:31 AM
:sleep: Guess!

Why should I? I have better things to do.

Paco
11-03-2002, 02:41 AM
Guess!
A splinter!