PDA

View Full Version : Madden06 Player Ratings are in!!

TonnyRat
07-22-2005, 10:17 PM
this should keep people entertained until TC. these are the madden06 player ratings for the dolphins. ricky isn't in the game since he was only reinstated this past week, but should be in the 1st roster update.

http://sports.ign.com/madden06/dolphins.html (http://sports.ign.com/articles/635/635982p1.html)

and just for further discussion, here is the rest of the AFC EAST:

http://sports.ign.com/madden06/patriots.html
(ted johnson @ 88 ovr = hilarious)

http://sports.ign.com/madden06/bills.html

http://sports.ign.com/madden06/jets.html

Adam First
07-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Dolphins got raped in the ratings department.
That's EA for you.

CitizenSnips
07-22-2005, 10:20 PM
That's EA for you.

nah, this is something you should have seen coming. But luckily with the way the online rosters get updated now a days, everyone will change by week 4.

byroan
Already been posted in the Gaming forum.

TonnyRat
wes welker was given "slow white-boy" status

Adam First
07-22-2005, 10:21 PM

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::lol::lol::lol:

CitizenSnips
07-22-2005, 10:23 PM
wade smith is a 76 overall center

....mckinney is a 75....wow....poor mckinney...

dw4real
07-22-2005, 10:31 PM
since madden is a trashy game im gonna convert these ratings to my espn nfl 2k5. Imma create ronnie brown and put his ratings and everything.:)

Adam First
07-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Madden NFL is my only football option.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif - RIP
I played Madden '05 and it's actually pretty fun, I like how I can nail a 75-yard hail mary touchdown using Sage Rosenfels :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

FuturePhin
07-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Ronnie Browns catching: 75? I thought he had the best hands in the draft some say?

CitizenSnips
07-22-2005, 10:36 PM
actually looking at these ratings im rather surprised. Kevin carter got a 90. and so did sam madison. im surprised they gave vonnie what they did. and ronnie got an 84. thats really good for a rookie. (alex smith got an 82, for anyone who cares)

cHaNgE
07-22-2005, 11:13 PM
why would they rate zach as our best player? jt should be a damn 97+

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:16 PM
oh hell yeah...Ronnie at a speed of 93 with an acceleration of 92....good god imma be killing folks

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:17 PM
well this year they have gus and aj at 78 last year they had aj and Fiedler at 80

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:19 PM
no ricky either...probably a FA

Adam First
07-22-2005, 11:20 PM
no ricky either...probably a FA

He'll be on the team at the first roster update.

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:23 PM
when will that be

JTBRLZ
07-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Wow at Roth at 79.

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow at Roth at 79.

Rookies start off very low according to where they are picked...for a 2nd rounder Roth at 79 is a pleasant suprise.

Dolfan4life34
channing crwoder got screwede in the speed department and spragan is terrible

PhinSoldia
as a matter of fact the most i have seen a rookie come in at is 84

Dolfan4life34
07-22-2005, 11:28 PM
me 2 ronnie is the highest rated rookie ive seenand his speed is rediculous by the way benson has 88 speed

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:34 PM
channing crwoder got screwede in the speed department and spragan is terrible

no thats pretty accurate....linebackers hardly breach 85 unless your name is Urlacher... he should have gone about 81 or 82 MAX

PSUFinFan
07-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Aj, Gus, and Rohan Davey are all 78's. Branch and Givens are both better than Chambers. They are very interesting rating to say the least.

EDIT: Nevermind about Branch and Given, I'm an idiot.

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Cedric is more of a bruiser....he would most likely walk in Jamaal Lewis' path....Not the "greatest" speed you have seen but he is pretty quick and he can blow through tackles

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:38 PM
the guys at madden thought that Ronnie was the best pick available....

Fresh
07-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Aj, Gus, and Rohan Davey are all 78's. Branch and Givens are both better than Chambers. They are very interesting rating to say the least.

All three of those receivers should've been lower, probably Booker too. Madden overrated receivers & QB's big time this year. I've never seen this many receivers over 85 before. I hate the fact that there are like 5-10 players rated a 99. I don't think anybody should be higher than an 98.

For the person who said the 4-12 Dolphins got raped, you're one hell of a homer.

Jt0323
07-22-2005, 11:41 PM
this should keep people entertained until TC. these are the madden06 player ratings for the dolphins. ricky isn't in the game since he was only reinstated this past week, but should be in the 1st roster update.

http://sports.ign.com/madden06/dolphins.html (http://sports.ign.com/articles/635/635982p1.html)

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=86463

wrong section

nick1
07-22-2005, 11:42 PM
they gave Brown very poor awareness ratings

Dolfan4life34
07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
ya but awarness comes easily once you play a franchise for a yr its up

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
All three of those receivers should've been lower, probably Booker too. Madden overrated receivers & QB's big time this year. I've never seen this many receivers over 85 before. I hate the fact that there are like 5-10 players rated a 99. I don't think anybody should be higher than an 98.

For the person who said the 4-12 Dolphins got raped, you're one hell of a homer.

madden ratings are first and foremost based on skill...THEN production from the previous year....thats why Chris Chambers have been a 88+ the last 3 years....Case in Point Marty Booker is a great reciever...dont pass judgement on him because he didnt produce...like he should have

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:45 PM
ya but awarness comes easily once you play a franchise for a yr its up

Yep....you only need to worry about awareness from your WRs and your DB's...there ability to go after a ball when they are led in a certain direction when it is thrown to them....and Probably Linebackers to read Play Action passes and to get into running lanes quickly

sports24/7
07-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Interesting....

Some guys were ranked higher than I expected like Brown at 84 (thats real high for a rookie), Zach at 96, Roeth at 79, and Zgonina and Traylor at 85.

Then some were way lower like Jeno James only at 78, Will Poole at 70, and McMike at 90, and Taylor only a 95.

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Interesting....

Some guys were ranked higher than I expected like Brown at 84 (thats real high for a rookie), Zach at 96, Roeth at 79, and Zgonina and Traylor at 85.

Then some were way lower like Jeno James only at 78, Will Poole at 70, and McMike at 90, and Taylor only a 95.

Jeno's rating probably suffered from the Oline sucking as a whole....I agree he should have been at a 85-88 range, McMike is fine at the spot he is...and Taylor is fine....Will should have been a 78 or so....Madden will start Reggie Howard probably

PHIDolphins13
07-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Wes Welker's KR ability is a little bit low, he's one of the Phins players i'm getting excited about for the upcoming season. But oh well. I'm really going to have a horrible time with this game. With the new passing system they have, and the Dolphins o-line looking miserable. I'm going to have a horrible time throwing the pigskin.

PhinSoldia
07-22-2005, 11:54 PM
what i am really suprised is that Traylor is at 85 i was expecting at least 90

TonnyRat
07-22-2005, 11:59 PM
here is a cool site that has every player in the game with the ability to sort highest rating by team and/or position.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/madden06ratings/

i think the highest rookies are brown and derrick johnson @ 84.

sports24/7
07-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Jeno's rating probably suffered from the Oline sucking as a whole....I agree he should have been at a 85-88 range, McMike is fine at the spot he is...and Taylor is fine....Will should have been a 78 or so....Madden will start Reggie Howard probably
Freeney is a 98 and Seymore is a 97. Personally I don't think either are better than Taylor and it can be argued that I am right. Either way they are not that much better if they are better at all. Abraham is a 95 and Kerney is a 95 and I don't think either is in Taylor's class. As for McMike I think he should at least be 92. Heap is a 94 and I think he is right there with him for the third best TE behind Gonzales and Gates.

tucker
07-23-2005, 12:06 AM
freeney is better than taylor and i hope this madden is better than last yrs b/c last yrs madden sucked big time...i wish espn nfl 2k series was still made :(

Just Win Baby
07-23-2005, 12:12 AM
freeney is better than taylor and i hope this madden is better than last yrs b/c last yrs madden sucked big time...i wish espn nfl 2k series was still made :( Freeney can't stop the run to save his life. He might be a better pass rusher than Taylor, but all around Taylor is better.

McDuffie81
07-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Pats Logan Mankins has a 80 rating??? So tired of this "Dyanasty"!! The pats will stumble this year! Its gonna end THIS year!!

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Freeney is a 98 and Seymore is a 97. Personally I don't think either are better than Taylor and it can be argued that I am right. Either way they are not that much better if they are better at all. Abraham is a 95 and Kerney is a 95 and I don't think either is in Taylor's class. As for McMike I think he should at least be 92. Heap is a 94 and I think he is right there with him for the third best TE behind Gonzales and Gates.

because Freeney and Seymore are both YOUNGER...and they both were more productive than Jason last year, I disagree with you Kerney is up there..probably not 95..but after Mora switched to 4-3 he has been a beast....Heap is in a more productive offense, and quite frankly he did better last year the Randy i agree mcmike should have been a 91 but 90 is pretty accurate...dont let the homer in you get the best of you.

McDuffie81
07-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Did you just say Heap did better than McMike?

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Pats Logan Mankins has a 80 rating??? So tired of this "Dyanasty"!! The pats will stumble this year! Its gonna end THIS year!!

i totally agree...Mankins was a reach...was supposed to be a mid second rounder...but because he belongs to the "dynasty" he gets a higher rating he is supposed to be 75 at BEST

McDuffie81
07-23-2005, 12:22 AM
because Freeney and Seymore are both YOUNGER...and they both were more productive than Jason last year, I disagree with you Kerney is up there..probably not 95..but after Mora switched to 4-3 he has been a beast....Heap is in a more productive offense, and quite frankly he did better last year the Randy i agree mcmike should have been a 91 but 90 is pretty accurate...dont let the homer in you get the best of you.Just wanted to add in that you CAN IN NO WAY DENY they ripped JT off this year....dont even waste the time.

vinivedivichi
07-23-2005, 12:23 AM
One big thing to keep in mind in respect to Madden ratings:

They have to make sure bad teams will be bad in the game. I think had Madden rated our guys more in line with actual talent, we woudn't be too bad at all. There is no way for the game to make a group of talented players play bad, so Madden must make bad teams less talented teams.

The same goes for good teams. You look at the Pats and Maddens got some fairly lackluster players rated highly because the Pats have to be good in the game. Not saying that the Pats aren't a great team, but some of the ratings for their guys are definitely suspect.

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Did you just say Heap did better than McMike?

So are you saying that all the Madden personell should be burned like all other media who talks bad about Miami...McMike was in a non-productive offense...and besides ronnie brown he is in the SAME offense regardless of who the coach is....(DISCLAIMER- I AM A FIN FAN AND EXPECT BOTH RANDY AND THE TEAM TO DO VERY WELL THIS YEAR 9-7 MINIMUM..LOVE SABAN AND THE CAOCHING STAFF) you have to remember that this is all ON PAPER....

Joneal7
07-23-2005, 12:28 AM
We Took A Shanking!!!!

McDuffie81
07-23-2005, 12:28 AM
One big thing to keep in mind in respect to Madden ratings:

They have to make sure bad teams will be bad in the game. I think had Madden rated our guys more in line with actual talent, we woudn't be too bad at all. There is no way for the game to make a group of talented players play bad, so Madden must make bad teams less talented teams.

The same goes for good teams. You look at the Pats and Maddens got some fairly lackluster players rated highly because the Pats have to be good in the game. Not saying that the Pats aren't a great team, but some of the ratings for their guys are definitely suspect.I know where your coming from but still they should give individual players their due. You cant penalize a players ratings because the team played bad. If that was the case Barry Sanders would be a 70.

McDuffie81
07-23-2005, 12:32 AM
So are you saying that all the Madden personell should be burned like all other media who talks bad about Miami...McMike was in a non-productive offense...and besides ronnie brown he is in the SAME offense regardless of who the coach is....(DISCLAIMER- I AM A FIN FAN AND EXPECT BOTH RANDY AND THE TEAM TO DO VERY WELL THIS YEAR 9-7 MINIMUM..LOVE SABAN AND THE CAOCHING STAFF) you have to remember that this is all ON PAPER....:huh: I was asking how you could say that Heap had a better year than McMike.....thats all. Im not trying to debate whether he is better or not. Im realistic.

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to add in that you CAN IN NO WAY DENY they ripped JT off this year....dont even waste the time.

its a rating....if your a serious madden player you will have realised in 05 that in franchise after each year he declines two or three points....what does it matter if he is an 101....madden considers him to be on the downside of his career

vinivedivichi
07-23-2005, 12:33 AM
I know where your coming from but still they should give individual players their due. You cant penalize a players ratings because the team played bad. If that was the case Barry Sanders would be a 70.

I agree, but it's the only way to make the game work. I would love it if they could come up with a way to make the team not necessarily equal to the sum of the parts, but it seems like it would be hard to do.

As far as Barry a 70 that would never happen. I think they sorta try to stay fairly accurate to the top notch guys, the ones that suffer are the good to decent players.

Oregonfinfan
07-23-2005, 12:34 AM
None of you mentioned they showed some love for welker kicking the fg that game last year. They gave him a 77 for kick power and a 70 for kick accuracy

Joneal7
07-23-2005, 12:36 AM
wes welker 77 kick power 70 accuracy booyah

PSUFinFan
07-23-2005, 12:36 AM
None of you mentioned they showed some love for welker kicking the fg that game last year. They gave him a 77 for kick power and a 70 for kick accuracy

Haha, must have missed that part.

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 12:37 AM
:huh: I was asking how you could say that Heap had a better year than McMike.....thats all. Im not trying to debate whether he is better or not. Im realistic.

i understand, and i agree, IMO randy is better than Heap...but if you play madden it doesnt really matter because Randy will always Be a great target regardless of his rating

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 12:39 AM

and they tanked him on all other categories....

PHIDolphins13
07-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Sam Madison is over rated, as is Jeff Zgonina and i dont know what i am going to do with all the defensive linemen we have, i'm not big on that rotating substitution that real intelligent people do. But i'm still concerned that i wont be able to pass the football, i mean i get sacked all the time when my o-line is good and now it's awful. I'm going to use a lot of Ronnie Brown thats for sure.

Joneal7
07-23-2005, 12:44 AM
I Dont See Tony Bua Anywhere!!!!

vinivedivichi
07-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Mare overrated IMO.

jtsacksyou
07-23-2005, 12:54 AM
is it just me or is derek pope not on there??

C-Money84
07-23-2005, 12:58 AM
You both are correct. If this is indeed the final and complete roster, Bua and Pope are not on the game. :fire:

Oh well, makes me feel even better about skipping this years and saving up for the PS3 next year. 2005 will definately suffice for another year.

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Sam Madison is over rated, as is Jeff Zgonina and i dont know what i am going to do with all the defensive linemen we have, i'm not big on that rotating substitution that real intelligent people do. But i'm still concerned that i wont be able to pass the football, i mean i get sacked all the time when my o-line is good and now it's awful. I'm going to use a lot of Ronnie Brown thats for sure.

i'm going to use the 4-3 defense, use JT at RE, manually switch Roth to LE, traylor and Carter in the middle, Seau and Crowder at OLB(till zach Retires) Zach in the middle, and use the rest as trade bait for some DB help

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Bua was listed as LB#(and probably will be again this year)..every team has them, dont know why though, i just go ahead and rename them thier correct names

PYPER
07-23-2005, 01:36 AM
The Patriots got jobbed.

There's some real head scratchers in these rankings. Not to mention a lot of players missing altogether.

The Patriots are missing Matt Chatham (a valuable backup LB), Izzo, Klecko, Don Davis, Ellis Hobbs (rookie), Nick Kaczur (rookie) as well as my boy Tedy (which is understandable I guess). I wonder what they would've rated him. If Zach is a 96 what's Tedy? A 120??

The strange part is that while they're missing all these players, they included a few training camp fodder types who have never and will never make this team.

I'm curious why after all these years Madden hasn't implemented the official rules governing NFL rosters. I mean, 53 man rosters, 5 man practice squads, and 45 man active game day rosters. You'd think after all this time, they'd have that in the game by now.

DolphinDevil28
07-23-2005, 01:39 AM
The Patriots got jobbed.

There's some real head scratchers in these rankings. Not to mention a lot of players missing altogether.

The Patriots are missing Matt Chatham (a valuable backup LB), Izzo, Klecko, Don Davis, Ellis Hobbs (rookie), Nick Kaczur (rookie) as well as my boy Tedy (which is understandable I guess). I wonder what they would've rated him. If Zach is a 96 what's Tedy? A 120??

The strange part is that while they're missing all these players, they included a few training camp fodder types who have never and will never make this team.

I'm curious why after all these years Madden hasn't implemented the official rules governing NFL rosters. I mean, 53 man rosters, 5 man practice squads, and 45 man active game day rosters. You'd think after all this time, they'd have that in the game by now.

This is why I don't play these stupid video games.

Alot of players from our division are absent. It's not worth the money.

Go Fins, baby.

VanDolPhan
07-23-2005, 01:57 AM

Traylor at an 85 is about right when you notice his stamina is 50. Which means you gotta learn to sub him in and out a lot. If you don't your going to get eaten alive up the middle. Anyone would have to be daft to make him a 3 down starter. In fact I only plan to have him in the 3-4 package if it's included.

Joneal7
07-23-2005, 02:04 AM
is stamina a factor this year...i hope so

Wildbill3
07-23-2005, 02:08 AM
could someone copy and paste the dolphins player rankings? I am at work and I can't go to any of those sites.

phinsfan1989
07-23-2005, 02:24 AM
thats good finally they put the rosters out

HysterikiLL
07-23-2005, 02:37 AM
I think we got great ratings in contrast to other teams like the Titans and Browns who had just as bad seasons.

Ronnie and Matt Roth have great ratings!

ZT got a 96. JT should perhaps get a little more love but 95 is nothing to cry about!

Jeff Zgonina at 85?

dw4real
07-23-2005, 02:40 AM
man madden overrates everybody, how the hell are these rookies rated so high and they havent played a single game in the nfl, madison 90?? not i a single interception since october of 2003. that guy on our o-line, the new guy frm the lions rated like 85 or sum junk. I miss espn already.

HysterikiLL
07-23-2005, 02:43 AM
could someone copy and paste the dolphins player rankings? I am at work and I can't go to any of those sites.

They're not copy and pastable but I'll give you an overview of the overall ratings

Zach Thomas - 96
Jason Taylor - 95
Sam Madison - 90
Kevin Carter - 90
Mare - 90
Randy Mac - 90
Chambers - 88
Stockar - 87
Junior Seau - 87
Traylor - 85
Booker - 85
Zgonina - 85
Boston - 84
Ronnie Brown - 84
Vonnie - 84
Chester 83
Roth - 79
Crowder - 73
T. Daniels - 70

honorable absences - Ricky Williams, Derrick Pope, Anthony Alabi, Kevin Vickerson, Manuel Wright

Joneal7
07-23-2005, 02:57 AM
and bua

DolphinDevil28
07-23-2005, 02:59 AM
They're not copy and pastable but I'll give you an overview of the overall ratings

Zach Thomas - 96
Jason Taylor - 95
Sam Madison - 90
Kevin Carter - 90
Mare - 90
Randy Mac - 90
Chambers - 88
Stockar - 87
Junior Seau - 87
Traylor - 85
Booker - 85
Zgonina - 85
Boston - 84
Ronnie Brown - 84
Vonnie - 84
Chester 83
Roth - 79
Crowder - 73
T. Daniels - 70

honorable absences - Ricky Williams, Derrick Pope, Anthony Alabi, Kevin Vickerson, Manuel Wright

Thanks.

By next year, a bunch of those will be boosted up a BUNCH.

Sauceman
07-23-2005, 03:00 AM
I miss espn already.

Same...:( Hopefully 2k Legends will be made and come out this year. :)

Dolfan2788
07-23-2005, 04:21 AM
Is anyone suprised with Ronnie's agility? 88, that's a bit over for me, I think his agility and Break tackle should be switched. BTK is 82 btw

Most of the ratings are right in my mind and we got a few good ones in there like Zgonia at 85. I think we got a bit jibbed on Crowder's speed and ratings though. He was a 1st round prospect until all of the attitude and injury questions popped up and now he is suddenly a 3rd round rating and only average-good speed.

Semedi
07-23-2005, 04:59 AM

They should have given him 100% kick accuracy, he's never missed one afterall :D

What's really stupid is that they rated him below Minor for kick returns. What the hell? Welker is WAY better then Minor for returns, he finally brought a little spark to our special teams.

I'm so happy to have Welker on the Phins :D

Danny1339
07-23-2005, 07:03 AM
me 2 ronnie is the highest rated rookie ive seenand his speed is rediculous by the way benson has 88 speed

Thats nothing, Check out Clinton Portis...96 speed? & that went down from 98 last year.

Caddy Williams over all 83 with 92 speed & 95 acceleration.

heh, Fiedler rated 77 Worse than both Feeley & Ferrotte.
Hey, what's with Miami & all these "F"-ing Qb's?

Ya Carter at 90 is a surprise.

FanMarino
07-23-2005, 07:29 AM
The've got Minor as a better kick returner than Welker??? Thats just unbelievable. Browns ratings are great.

FinFan013
07-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Anyone remember when madison was a 99 LOL

footballer
07-23-2005, 08:20 AM
I believe he was second in punt return avg last year. so he might have some wheels.

Ducken
07-23-2005, 08:25 AM
Shouldn't this be in a different fourum??

Dudeman
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Shouldn't this be in a different fourum??

yes, the topic creator neglected the gaming forum. There was already a thread there, but he started another one here

Losman7
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Thats nothing, Check out Clinton Portis...96 speed? & that went down from 98 last year.

Caddy Williams over all 83 with 92 speed & 95 acceleration.

heh, Fiedler rated 77 Worse than both Feeley & Ferrotte.
Hey, what's with Miami & all these "F"-ing Qb's?

Ya Carter at 90 is a surprise.

Losman is rated higher than both aj and gus.

Prime
07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Losman is rated higher than both aj and gus.

It's because Losman was a 1st round pick last year.

Losman7
07-23-2005, 11:04 AM
It's because Losman was a 1st round pick last year.

Probably cause of speed too.

Our secondary has 3 of the four guys over 90.

Our LBs are 88 , 93, and 97

Our DL has two guys over 90

Our D is gonna be sweet.

baalworship
07-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Probably cause of speed too.

Our secondary has 3 of the four guys over 90.

Our LBs are 88 , 93, and 97

Our DL has two guys over 90

Our D is gonna be sweet.

Yeah, the only player that they really rated too low on the D was Chris Kelsay.

AlanSaysYo
07-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice to see McMichael finally get his due. Some of you are saying 90 is too low for him, but remember that in ESPN 2K5, he was like a 77 :shakeno:

Welker below Minor for kick returns is ridiculous.

I think Boston at 84 is being very generous. With our top 3 receivers rated as they are, I'd expect most Dolphins franchises to have all three of them at 90+ in year two.

Matt Roth at 79 is a nice surprise. He'll be in the mid 80's and starting by the end of the first franchise year.

Kinda odd to see that Reggie Howard is rated at 85. I wish Daniels was a bit higher... it'll be an uphill climb to get him into starting form.

Feeley at 78 kinda sucks, but it's workable. You'll be able to pick up at least two points for him in drills, and then if you play him conservatively through the first few games and get some high QB ratings, he'll be up to an 82 or 83. From there, it's cake.

Other observations: David Bowens got completely screwed... the best season of his career gets him a 77; Larry Chester takes a year off and only drops one point... weird; if we can believe Houck, Rex Hadnot will be severely underrated; Yeremiah Bell seems a bit low, but then again, he did get hurt; no Alabi or Vickerson, but they'll probably end up in the game somehow.

Losman7
07-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, the only player that they really rated too low on the D was Chris Kelsay.

he's OK...

He improved toward the end, but he was inconsistant.

I hope he can play well every game next season.

I think they underrated McGee a little, but he was kinda in the same boat as Kelsay

Mistaquiji
07-23-2005, 12:27 PM
whats up with Corey Jenkins was he a qb at one time? 63 throw power 61 accuracy

oliver25
07-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Dont sweat it, thats why they have create a player.

Barry20
07-23-2005, 01:27 PM
No POPE and BUA on the madden roster

Jimi
07-23-2005, 01:48 PM
whats up with Corey Jenkins was he a qb at one time? 63 throw power 61 accuracy

played in college.

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 01:59 PM
exactly how much burn would bua get????absolutly none unless it was special teams

HybridPHIN 23
07-23-2005, 02:21 PM
The ratings given by EA sports are nice, but I prefer to adjust them anyways.
Chambers catching should be much better than 86, and he's atleast a 90 overall.

95 is low for JT, because he's in no way near 94. Alot of guys got slightly generous ratings, and some just got plain robbed.

PhinSoldia
07-23-2005, 02:51 PM
The ratings given by EA sports are nice, but I prefer to adjust them anyways.
Chambers catching should be much better than 86, and he's atleast a 90 overall.

95 is low for JT, because he's in no way near 94. Alot of guys got slightly generous ratings, and some just got plain robbed.

that really makes the game unfair for homers....while you at it why dont you just put all of New England to under 60 to where we "feel" that she should be....the ratings are fair...leave them

Barry20
07-23-2005, 03:32 PM
when is the first roster update?

Taco Bob
07-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Is anyone suprised with Ronnie's agility? 88, that's a bit over for me, I think his agility and Break tackle should be switched. BTK is 82 btw

Most of the ratings are right in my mind and we got a few good ones in there like Zgonia at 85. I think we got a bit jibbed on Crowder's speed and ratings though. He was a 1st round prospect until all of the attitude and injury questions popped up and now he is suddenly a 3rd round rating and only average-good speed.

The good thing about that is that BTK can go up through just good game performance where as agility only goes up in training camp ;)

arsenal
07-23-2005, 06:07 PM
ronnie only got an 82 at tackle breaking though, that sucks... hes the 4th best pass blocker though which is good...

byroan
07-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Nice to see McMichael finally get his due. Some of you are saying 90 is too low for him, but remember that in ESPN 2K5, he was like a 77 :shakeno: .

Um no I don't remember that. McMike was always ranked high on 2k5.

Dudeman
07-23-2005, 07:03 PM
when is the first roster update?

in early September once the 53 man rosters are set

07-23-2005, 07:03 PM
When they update it, do they only add/drop players? Or do they also tweak the numbers as well?

Dudeman
07-23-2005, 07:09 PM
When they update it, do they only add/drop players? Or do they also tweak the numbers as well?

yeah, they tweak thoughout the season....

as for the people complaining about Bua and Pope not being there....so what? Its possible they may not even make the team, and if they didn't, would you still care if they were missing?

Lionel Turner isn't on there, and I fully expect him to make the roster....any player not on there right now that makes the 53 man roster will be there on the early September roster update

JTaylor99
07-23-2005, 10:11 PM

Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow were both 85 last year.

Predaphin
07-24-2005, 03:06 PM
That's EA for you.

wait a second, at one point we were one of the best teams in Madden along with Tampa Bay...(it was the year Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl)...and we never lived up to our hype....you can't exp[ect them to make us one of the best teams especially coming off a 3-13 season...no way, can't blame 'em.

dol_fan_81
07-24-2005, 04:27 PM

Ronnie Brown overall: 84, i was RGIHT!!!

Wes welker Overall 60???
he's the ultimate team guy, amazing speed and kick return talents, plus he can kick a FG!

Dudeman
07-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Ronnie Brown overall: 84, i was RGIHT!!!

Wes welker Overall 60???
he's the ultimate team guy, amazing speed and kick return talents, plus he can kick a FG!

Welker is NOT fast. He may be shifty, but speed is not his forte

dol_fan_81
07-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Welker is NOT fast. He may be shifty, but speed is not his forte

he outrun the NE special teams pretty well...

spydertl79
07-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Curtis Martin a 95?

PhinSoldia
07-26-2005, 12:11 AM
he outrun the NE special teams pretty well...

and baltiless's special teams.....point blank he should have been higher...something like a 75 with a speed and agilty of nothing less that 90

dol_fan_81
07-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Curtis Martin a 95?

thats what i dont like about some of the ways teams are rated on and off games, they base it all on last year...

Prime Time
07-27-2005, 01:12 AM
that really makes the game unfair for homers....while you at it why dont you just put all of New England to under 60 to where we "feel" that she should be....the ratings are fair...leave them

Wow, bossy, bosst are we. It is his game, he can do whatever he wants with it, If he wants to do that let him. It is his game.

banzaitrey
07-27-2005, 01:31 AM
wait a second, at one point we were one of the best teams in Madden along with Tampa Bay...(it was the year Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl)...and we never lived up to our hype....you can't exp[ect them to make us one of the best teams especially coming off a 3-13 season...no way, can't blame 'em. Actually it was 4-12...jp around not trying to be a smart ellic

Jt0323
07-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Ricky is in the game

dol_fan_81
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Ricky is in the game

is he a FA? i didn't see him on our roster

kastofsna120
07-27-2005, 09:10 PM
thats what i dont like about some of the ways teams are rated on and off games, they base it all on last year...
you can't really do it any other way

leinart06
07-28-2005, 10:27 AM

A few years ago julius peppers was a 85

leinart06
07-28-2005, 10:35 AM
i'm going to use the 4-3 defense, use JT at RE, manually switch Roth to LE, traylor and Carter in the middle, Seau and Crowder at OLB(till zach Retires) Zach in the middle, and use the rest as trade bait for some DB help

I am going to use my ncaa 2006 game to get all my help i will trade for all draft picks and draft matt leinart and d'brickashaw ferguson

leinart06
07-28-2005, 01:55 PM
yo is that ricky williams that is rated 72 overall in free agents our ricky williams or the colts

leinart06
07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
wheres manuel wright

Dolphinlife
08-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey man ah i sent you my name so we can play ncaa football 06 and madden 06 when it comes out. Yeah when does the first update come out though. cause ill start ronnie obviously but i want to see ricky on there too

arsenal
08-04-2005, 09:55 AM
so lance shulters on the FA is an 88, so that'll be nice for our secondary... and frank middleton is an 85, which is big for our Oline (if he really starts at RG and rex moves to center)