PDA

View Full Version : The West Memphis Three

Lukin
07-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Today is the West Memphis Three awareness day. For anyone that's unfamiliar with the case, there were three 8 year old boys brutally tortured and murdered in west memphis, arkansas in 1993. The three teenagers that were convicted of the crimes are still in prison, one of them is on death row. It is widely believed that the teens are innocent and the real killer(s) are still out there. there was no physical evidence, or no motive linking them to the crimes, and they were convicted due to their interest in heavy metal music and the occult. HBO released a documentary about the case called Paradise Lost, which sparked worldwide interest in the case, and the belief that the "West Memphis Three" are innocent.

there's much more info in this website www.wm3.org

Damien Echols, one of the accused, is currently on death row and is about to have is final appeal in front of the US Federal court. This is essentially his last chance to prove his innocents.

As it stands right now, I cannot say if I believe they are innocent or not. I would love to know the truth. There were a couple other suspects, such as one of the victims fathers, John Mark Byers, whose wife also mysteriously died a few years later. Many believe he is the real killer and the police did a poor job investigating him.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions...

t2thejz
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Ive never heard of this...but its pretty ****ed up

Quelonio
07-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Wow, I'd like to hear the other version though, I mean all we get in that page is to help them get out so they are obviously going to make them look good. It sounds like it is a mistake by the cops but I would like to see all the rest... if that were possible

Lukin
07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, actually you can read about the whole thing on that site from an un-biased point of view. They have news archives that document the case from the beginning. I read a lot of it. It'd take days to read it all though.