PDA

View Full Version : "The Devil's Rejects"

Pagan
07-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Ho.
Lee.
SH*T!!!!! :eek:

Go see this movie. To call it disturbing would be an understatement...

AirFishOne
07-24-2005, 12:15 AM
im not a big fan of these gory slasher movies but Evert and Roper gave it two "Severed" thumbs up so i guess ill go check it out.

Pagan
07-24-2005, 12:15 AM
It's not a slasher movie bro. It's more like Charles Manson meets "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

AirFishOne
07-24-2005, 12:22 AM
hmm so it isnt gory cause Texas CM wasnt gory or is it just like TWISTED i dont really understand srry lol

spydertl79
07-24-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't like those movies but Saw was good.

Pagan
07-24-2005, 07:16 AM
hmm so it isnt gory cause Texas CM wasnt gory or is it just like TWISTED i dont really understand srry lol
No...it's EXTREMELY gory. It's just not a "slasher" movie. I consider slaher movies to be "Friday the 13th", "Prom Night", "My Bloody Valentine", or "Scream".

This is just f*cking twisted and disturbed in a way those films aren't. This one's more like "The Hills Have Eyes", or "Wrong turn".

MoFinz
07-24-2005, 08:40 AM
No...it's EXTREMELY gory. It's just not a "slasher" movie. I consider slaher movies to be "Friday the 13th", "Prom Night", "My Bloody Valentine", or "Scream".

This is just f*cking twisted and disturbed in a way those films aren't. This one's more like "The Hills Have Eyes", or "Wrong turn".

I concur 100%. Second best movie this year behind wedding crashers.

"TOOTIE F'N FRUTIE"

And the ending was LEGENDARY.

TjHawk
07-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Rod Zombie is a horror genius. Both movies rocked and all the rest will also. Capt. Spaulding is my hero.

AirFishOne
07-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Well yall got to me, lol Ill c it this week!

dolfreak
07-24-2005, 11:43 AM
house of 1000 corpses was silly but better than most gore movies. Devils rejects is way better i hope

AirFishOne
07-24-2005, 12:02 PM
well on a scale of 1 to 10 how gory was it

1 being Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

10 being some war movie/Final Destination (that is the only movie to make me throw up)

MarinoIsKeen
07-24-2005, 12:12 PM
I liked it, but it sure seemed like they got celebrated at the end, which is how um all serial killer should be right. I mean the cut of Freebird w/ the walks by the lake on a nice day, that let me down, the characters are so absolutely evil that they deserved everything instead of being painted up as a nice happy family that made some mistakes. Not to spoil anything, but when the main sherrif took them back to that specific location, it made a lot of stuff silly at that point and cliched. looking back and seeing what I typed, seems pretty negative, but the stuff I mentioned is minor for me, and I liked it better than House of a Thousand.....

dolfreak
07-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Ho.
Lee.
SH*T!!!!! :eek:

Go see this movie. To call it disturbing would be an understatement...

NO MOVIE IN THE WORLD CAN EVER BE AS DISTURBING AS IRREVERSIBLE

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/07/B00009W0U401LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

the most violent murder and the most violent Rape ever seen in a motion picture!!!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

GREAT MOVIE!!!!

AirFishOne
07-24-2005, 01:00 PM
wow that must sum up the whole movie ^^^^

finataxia24
07-24-2005, 01:56 PM
NO MOVIE IN THE WORLD CAN EVER BE AS DISTURBING AS IRREVERSIBLE

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/07/B00009W0U401LZZZZZZZ-1.jpg

the most violent murder and the most violent Rape ever seen in a motion picture!!!

GREAT MOVIE!!!!
monica b. is fine

Jt0323
07-24-2005, 02:05 PM
im like the comedy person... Wedding Crashers i heard was funny

ABrownLamp
07-24-2005, 05:29 PM
I concur 100%. Second best movie this year behind wedding crashers.

"TOOTIE F'N FRUTIE"

And the ending was LEGENDARY.

WTF?? This movie was awful.

Tootie f'n Fruity was just one of numerous scenes that made no frikkin sense.
Please see "Bring in the movie expert who specializes in Mark Bros" for further details.

ABrownLamp
07-24-2005, 05:33 PM

10 being some war movie/Final Destination (that is the only movie to make me throw up)

1 being Texas CM and 10 being Passion of the Christ this movie was a 6.
Nothing really that bad.
Some stab scenes, some metal pipe over the head scenes...
In fact there was only one scene that sticks out in my mind as revolting. The rest of the movie is very run of the mill as far as gore goes.

Wagon Circler
07-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a pretty terrible movie, and it got some bad reviews courtesy of rottentomatoes.com.

As for that Irreversable movie, one of my friends was telling me about that, and frankly, I don't see the point in making a movie like that....at all.

steeda
07-24-2005, 08:23 PM

10 - That should be the movie "13 Ghosts", I haven't seen a movie that was more violent and gory than that.

MoFinz
07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
WTF?? This movie was awful.

Tootie f'n Fruity was just one of numerous scenes that made no frikkin sense.
Please see "Bring in the movie expert who specializes in Mark Bros" for further details.

Opinions are like Corvettes, every A-hole gets one
:D

It wasn't your cup of tea, that's cool. I laughed my ace off

ABrownLamp
07-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Opinions are like Corvettes, every A-hole gets one
:D

It wasn't your cup of tea, that's cool. I laughed my ace off

I'm an a-hole, and I drive a Volvo.

Dude, that theatre was dead silent. You probably didn't notice over the sound of your own creepy laughter.

Oh look, the heartless killer has some ice cream on the tip of his noggin...hahaha... seriously, that movie was awful

MoFinz
07-24-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm an a-hole, and I drive a Volvo.

Dude, that theatre was dead silent. You probably didn't notice over the sound of your own creepy laughter.

Oh look, the heartless killer has some ice cream on the tip of his noggin...hahaha... seriously, that movie was awful

YOUR theatre was dead silent. The theatre i was in reacted to the movie.

It aint no big thing, you didnt like it. My friends and I did. Life goes on ;)

Pagan
07-24-2005, 11:29 PM
1 being Texas CM and 10 being Passion of the Christ this movie was a 6.
Nothing really that bad.
Some stab scenes, some metal pipe over the head scenes...
In fact there was only one scene that sticks out in my mind as revolting. The rest of the movie is very run of the mill as far as gore goes.
I guess you missed the part where the 18 wheeler splatters the woman across the road, huh?

ABrownLamp
07-24-2005, 11:36 PM
I guess you missed the part where the 18 wheeler splatters the woman across the road, huh?

I think you need to re read the quote of mine you responded to.
BTW, I found the part immediately preceding that a bit more disturbing.

RWhitney014
07-24-2005, 11:44 PM
You know, I don't see what's entertaining about getting the crap scared out of you. Make me laugh, enlighten me, give me perspective, lead me on an adventure, but don't give me nightmares.

Quelonio
07-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Ever seen Ichi the killer... Now that is one disturbing movie

DolphinDevil28
07-25-2005, 02:30 AM

Why do you always post in bold?

Pagan
07-25-2005, 07:21 AM
I think you need to re read the quote of mine you responded to.
BTW, I found the part immediately preceding that a bit more disturbing.
Funny...that's the one part of the movie I found not disturbing because it was a blatent "Texas Chainsaw" ripoff.

Why do you always post in bold?
Cause I like the way it looks.

Prime Time
07-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Umm....I so want to see this. Looks good IMO.

Oh and BTW...the Corvette joke was dumb I have heard a better one...Opinions are like A-Holes....everyone has one and frankly yours stinks :lol: :roflmao: :D

Pagan
07-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a pretty terrible movie, and it got some bad reviews courtesy of rottentomatoes.com.
The rottontomatoes reviews are pretty much split right down the middle, which is to be expected of a splatter movie.

The people at Fangoria - a magazine devoted to horror movies - gave it raves. I'll take their word over some local newspaper critic. ;)

MoFinz
07-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh and BTW...the Corvette joke was dumb I have heard a better one...Opinions are like A-Holes....everyone has one and frankly yours stinks :lol: :roflmao: :D

See the sig :goof:

tucker
07-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Ever seen Ichi the killer... Now that is one disturbing movieyour a man of good taste...did u see the unrated version or the rated r version..plus if you want to see a sick movie...check out audition or suicide club or if you can hangle it, Visitor Q

Wagon Circler
07-25-2005, 03:09 PM
The rottontomatoes reviews are pretty much split right down the middle, which is to be expected of a splatter movie.

The people at Fangoria - a magazine devoted to horror movies - gave it raves. I'll take their word over some local newspaper critic. ;)
I don't know...I usually don't see movie that are consensus rotten on RT.com.

Quelonio
07-25-2005, 04:46 PM
your a man of good taste...did u see the unrated version or the rated r version..plus if you want to see a sick movie...check out audition or suicide club or if you can hangle it, Visitor Q

I don't know, I got it a Kim's Underground Video in Manhattan, so i figure i got the unrated one... I think that movie is as sick as I can take....

dolfreak
07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
it was a pretty good movie....saw it today....definitely better than all the Horror/slasher movies that have come out lately. It's kind of like Club Dread only less comedy. It's like Texas Chainsaw mixed with Natural Born killers

Pagan
07-25-2005, 08:17 PM
your a man of good taste...did u see the unrated version or the rated r version..plus if you want to see a sick movie...check out audition or suicide club or if you can hangle it, Visitor Q
The ending of "Audition" was as twisted as it gets!

tucker
07-25-2005, 10:53 PM
lol

Pagan
07-26-2005, 07:32 AM
Remind me never to piss off an Asian woman. ;)

Buddwalk
07-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Pagan to inform ya know...i have now started a band :) and thats probobly the main reason why i havnt been on as much anyway....though im were all gonna go see this tomorrow

Prime Time
07-29-2005, 12:13 AM
WARNING!!! Spoilers ahead!!!!

I just finished seeing it and I don't understand how the ending was legendary? Please explain that. Them dying was what should have happened.

Also, why did the really ugly brother kill himself?! I didn't understand that one bit?

I thought there was gonna be more killing...75 dead people is what I expected when I saw the beginning but all I saw was some twisted F'ed up crap (which was pretty good).

What was the rip off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre that happened right after the girl got run over?

Pagan
07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
What was the rip off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre that happened right after the girl got run over?
Not right after, right before.

The whole "human face for a mask" thing.

Prime Time
07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Not right after, right before.

The whole "human face for a mask" thing.

Oh I knew that, I coulda have just sworn you guys typed after.

Tekanakou
07-29-2005, 01:09 PM
i dont know???

R_t_Kraken
07-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Ok, i've finally seen this film and I must say this is the best film i've seen all year. The characters were excellent. Bill Mosley(Otis) plays an excellent twisted evil psycho, and the final scene was awesome. Great song choice to in "Free Bird." Loved the movie, and I love Zombie, both his movies and his music.

House Of 1000 Corpses was great, Devils Rejects was Better. I fully expect Rob to save the horror genre of movies(not that TDR was neccessarily horror). What a HUGE step up from this crap that has been coming out more recently such as The Boogeyman, Dark Water, The Grudge.

Doktor Ivel
07-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Rob Zombie is the greatest......

have you seen house of 1000 corpes? that movie was good.

MarinoIsKeen
07-29-2005, 10:37 PM
WARNING!!! Spoilers ahead!!!!

I just finished seeing it and I don't understand how the ending was legendary? Please explain that. Them dying was what should have happened.

Also, why did the really ugly brother kill himself?! I didn't understand that one bit?

I thought there was gonna be more killing...75 dead people is what I expected when I saw the beginning but all I saw was some twisted F'ed up crap (which was pretty good).

Well I guess this one wasn't as much of a rip off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre as Hous of a Thousand was. Or was it a homage. Ripping off and homages are getting so tough to differentiate the two.

iDolFan
07-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Rob Zombie is the greatest......

have you seen house of 1000 corpes? that movie was good.

Hmmmm I dunno dude.....I like Rob's music....but house of 1K corpes was just stupid......the acting was horrible. the story = :shakeno:

dolfreak
07-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Hmmmm I dunno dude.....I like Rob's music....but house of 1K corpes was just stupid......the acting was horrible. the story = :shakeno:

Devils rejects is 100 times better than House of 1000 Corpses, trust me!!

R_t_Kraken
07-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Devils rejects is 100 times better than House of 1000 Corpses, trust me!!

I guess that all depends on who you ask. I personally enjoyed h1kc. I too thought TDR was better, but hardly 100x.

Also keep in mind people that House was his FIRST film. And I think TDR proves he is getting better and learning more with each new movie. I expect his next film to be even better than TDR.

FinsNCanes
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I saw Devils Rejects last night and really enjoyed it. I definetely liked the music, but I was kind of dissapointed cause I was told they played the whole version of "Freebird" at the end. . guess not.

I think it may have a slight edge over HO1C for me, because I liked the witty kind of humour here and there and the killings they did seemed to be more personal (not to them, but you could relate a little more cause it was a family). It actually kind of made me a little uneasy there for a few minutes.