PDA

View Full Version : Well, I did it.

Losman7
07-24-2005, 10:16 PM
I picked Chris Chambers as my number two wideout...

I do think he could be ready to have his best year, since he has all the guys around him, and it sounds as if you guys are going to throw more this year.

This is an expensive league so if he sucks I'm going to hate the fins more than I already do (alot) :evil:

Zeke0123
07-24-2005, 10:18 PM
how many team league ??

Silverphin
07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
LOL. Wise choice in getting CC. You won't regret (and I'm being a realist, too).

Losman7
07-24-2005, 10:27 PM
12 teams, I had the last pick.

team is looking like :

Bulger/Brees
McCallister/Westbrook/L. Johnson/
Holt/Chambers/Burress/Colbert
E. Johnson/Troupe
J. Reed
Bal/KC

My team has potential, but they could be bad if the young guys don't produce.

Losman7
07-24-2005, 10:28 PM
LOL. Wise choice in getting CC. You won't regret (and I'm being a realist, too).

If he can do 800-1000, maybe 5-9 TD's I'll be happy.

THOMAS_54
07-24-2005, 10:33 PM

team is looking like :

Bulger/Brees
E. Johnson/Troupe
J. Reed
Bal/KC

My team has potential, but they could be bad if the young guys don't produce. Nice team.

popularwar
07-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Not a bad team, Johnson may be great trade bait to whoever has Priest.

Roman529
07-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Not bad...I had Tori Holt and Chambers last year....and Bulger will put up nice numbers at QB...you did good.

The_Phish
07-24-2005, 11:05 PM
You do realize that drafting this early even before training camp could cost you. I set our draft at the end of August. You never know who's gonna get hurt in the camps and pre-season.

chillin6776
07-24-2005, 11:15 PM
the TDs are always their, just the yards you may have to hope for

MDFINFAN
07-24-2005, 11:16 PM
You do realize that drafting this early even before training camp could cost you. I set our draft at the end of August. You never know who's gonna get hurt in the camps and pre-season.

That's what I was thinking, isn't it better to draft closer to the start of regular season or was there a time limit as to when you could draft?

MarinoNotElway
07-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Your No. 2 Running Back is your biggest concern!!!

Runningbacks make most of your points. Bulger and Brees make a good QB combo. Holt is a stud, so you have the double points, which some people like and some people hate. I am a fan of them. Deuce is a good back, but Westbrook will be splitting carries with Buckhalter, and Larry Johnson will only give you value if Priest goes down. Eric Johnson will prolly have a good year, cause he is Alex Smiths best option (pretty sad when your Tight End is your best option). Baltimore is a solid D. So try working a trade to get a 2nd RB!

outlawd2u
07-24-2005, 11:42 PM
pretty smart man....... I got Chambers as my 2nd WR too, right now my starters are..........

QB T. Green
RB Priest Holmes
RB Kevin Jones
WR Roy Williams
WR Chris Chambers
WR B. Edwards
RB/WR Cadillac Williams
TE Gates
K Mare
Defense.......Baltimore

My guys currently on the bench are......... Joey Harrington, Lee Suggs, L. Gordon, Rod Smith, Deion Branch, Marcus Robinson, Miami Defense

MadLib
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM

I do think he could be ready to have his best year, since he has all the guys around him, and it sounds as if you guys are going to throw more this year.

This is an expensive league so if he sucks I'm going to hate the fins more than I already do (alot) :evil:

Nice Job Losman. I have Holt as my #1 and Chambers as my number two as well. I picked up Lee Evans in the 10th rd as a backup so unfortunately im pulling for him as well.

MadLib
07-24-2005, 11:54 PM
pretty smart man....... I got Chambers as my 2nd WR too, right now my starters are..........

QB T. Green
RB Priest Holmes
RB Kevin Jones
WR Roy Williams
WR Chris Chambers
WR B. Edwards
RB/WR Cadillac Williams
TE Gates
K Mare
Defense.......Baltimore

My guys currently on the bench are......... Joey Harrington, Lee Suggs, L. Gordon, Rod Smith, Deion Branch, Marcus Robinson, Miami Defense

Ouch, Braylon Edwards starting?? I am in 4 leagues, he went undrafted in 3. Rookie wideouts tend to struggle and when you are the only target on a weak offense led by Trent Dilfer, it doesnt help.

jesusfreak26
07-25-2005, 12:22 AM
I have 3 teams my rosters are:

1st Team
Marc Bulger /Aaron Brooks
Ronnie Brown/ Derrick Blaylock
Clinton Portis/ Labrandon Toefield
Randy Moss /Kerry Colbert
Hines Ward/ Muhsin Muhammad
Randy McMike/ Ben Watson
Olindo Mare
Dolphins D

2nd Team
Jake Plummer /Byron Leftwich
Ahman Green /Warrick Dunn
Corey Dillon/ Ricky Williams
Issac Bruce/ Marty Booker
Hines Ward /Larry Fitzgerald
Todd Heap/ Ben Troupe
Jeff Reed
Redskins D

3rd Team
Jake Delhomme /Matt Hasselbach
Corey Dillion /Travis Henry
Ahman Green /Kerry Colbert
Chris Chambers /Braylon Edwards
Joe Horn /Amani Toomer
Randy McMike /Bubba Franks
Jeff Wilkins
Dolphins D

Rocky Raccoon
07-25-2005, 12:44 AM

team is looking like :

Bulger/Brees
E. Johnson/Troupe
J. Reed
Bal/KC

Im surprised you dont have Willis McHegay as your RB

Quelonio
07-25-2005, 04:45 AM
I have 3 teams my rosters are:

1st Team
Marc Bulger /Aaron Brooks
Ronnie Brown/ Derrick Blaylock
Clinton Portis/ Labrandon Toefield
Randy Moss /Kerry Colbert
Hines Ward/ Muhsin Muhammad
Randy McMike/ Ben Watson
Olindo Mare
Dolphins D

2nd Team
Jake Plummer /Byron Leftwich
Ahman Green /Warrick Dunn
Corey Dillon/ Ricky Williams
Issac Bruce/ Marty Booker
Hines Ward /Larry Fitzgerald
Todd Heap/ Ben Troupe
Jeff Reed
Redskins D

3rd Team
Jake Delhomme /Matt Hasselbach
Corey Dillion /Travis Henry
Ahman Green /Kerry Colbert
Chris Chambers /Braylon Edwards
Joe Horn /Amani Toomer
Randy McMike /Bubba Franks
Jeff Wilkins
Dolphins D

I wouldn't trust hasselbeck, the guy lost a lot of receivers, and his receivers drop a lot of passes, and if Alexander goes really bad on them, no one will bring the safeties close to the line, and I just feel he is not going to have a good season...

Losman7
07-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I do a couple leagues...

I don't know why we drafted this early.

I actually have another team, an 8 team league, where I picked 7th with Mcgahee, J Lewis, and R Brown as my RB's.

RunRonnieRun
07-28-2005, 06:56 PM
quote : "pretty smart man....... I got Chambers as my 2nd WR too, right now my starters are..........

QB T. Green
RB Priest Holmes
RB Kevin Jones
WR Roy Williams
WR Chris Chambers
WR B. Edwards
RB/WR Cadillac Williams
TE Gates
K Mare
Defense.......Baltimore

My guys currently on the bench are......... Joey Harrington, Lee Suggs, L. Gordon, Rod Smith, Deion Branch, Marcus Robinson, Miami Defense"

You should surely start Rod Smith over Braylon Edwards, without any doubt. Smith has been one of the 5 most consistant fantasy WR's the last 5 seasons. His days of 1500 and 12 are gone, but he still could break the 1200 yard mark with 6-8 td's. Start him.

HybridPHIN 23
07-29-2005, 02:38 AM

You be pleased with your pick as long as he can stay relatively healthy, which he has for a while now. Chris is easily good for 900 yards this year. I think we all agree he is more likely to catch more balls now than ever. Certainly not less than last year.
Since Chris has produced about 925 yrds. and 7 to 11 Tds on 65 receptions from Fiedler and AJ in a Wannstedt/Norv offense...... if we get him 70 catches this year I gaaaaruntee' you he will be over 1,000 yards. I wish I could assure 10 Tds as well, because hes proved hes very capable of doing it. But we have soo many weapons/red-zone targets it would be silly not to spread it around. Chris Was one of only two WRs to have 2 TDs of over 70 yards last season tho, so he'll take it to the house before you can think about red-zone offense.

I'm in a 20 team league.....

Vick
P.Holmes
M.Faulk
Chambers
Roy Williams
C.Buckhalter
J.Shockey
S.Janikowski

etc.

CharlestonPhan
08-04-2005, 12:18 AM

i agree... last year my draft was the saturday of labor day weekend. of course, we ended up drafting in a tropical storm because 2 of our guys are out of towners and we couldnt move it back. but we are holding it the saturday before the season starts again.

JAcK o D1AmonDs
08-07-2005, 10:14 PM

team is looking like :

Bulger/Brees
E. Johnson/Troupe
J. Reed
Bal/KC

Nice Recieving Core QB's are good TE position will be alright maybe good kicker and good D in baltimore and good St in KC