PDA

View Full Version : Age

jbond
07-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Ok....it seems as though 1/2 the threads I'm reading lately someone mentions some comment about someone's age in a critical or offending way. To me....this is getting quite old and it starting to turn into some kind of soap opera where people are trying to justify their opinions based upon their ages. I could be wrong but this site was created and is maintained for ALL Dolphins fans to post their opinions. If you feel your's is "better" then explain why. Maybe your older fans with more knowledge can help spread some....and I bet you that some younger fans know the game and history in some areas better then the older guys/girls. So, imho...can we cut out the crap about everyone's age? Thanks.

Muck/Tate/AJ & crew....know this isn't "fin" related and in the wrong thread forum but I just wanted this to be seen by many of the people on here b/c this has really gotten annoying lately with the age bashing comments.

--/James

DolphinDevil28
07-25-2005, 01:51 AM
:lol:

That's so funny you just posted this, when I just posted this in post #6 in this thread.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=86722

CitizenSnips
Hmm. Hence me not giving mine out. I mean i've told people how old i am. but if you haven't seen those threads then you don't know. its as simple as that. if you don't know their age, then you can't assume the persons old or young.

FlyersCupCrazy
Well, i can see if this maybe started because of someone younger making some obnoxious comment (I dont think it was me, i just joined), but i'm 14 years old, 15 in September and i am a huge fan of football and a huge fan of the Dolphins, i dont know as much as the older Dolphins fans because they sat and lived through the games while i mainly just heard about them. But i do try to keep up and i'm sorry if it was me who seemingly offended anyone for joining this forum and being so young.

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 01:55 AM
i dont want to be mean but if you are a dolphin fan why the phily avatar?

DolphinDevil28
07-25-2005, 01:56 AM

When's the last time the Dolphins played the Philadelphia Flyers??

CitizenSnips
07-25-2005, 01:56 AM

not that he needs me to answer...but its hockey. not football. and he lives in PA.

FlyersCupCrazy
07-25-2005, 01:57 AM
I dont have my own avatar or anything. I'm a Flyers, Sixers and Phillies fan but when it comes to Football i cant stand the Eagles and root for the team that had my favorite player growing up, Dan Marino, who i got the pleasure of seeing for about 4 years that i can remember. The Flyers stuff just gives me my own identity since i live near Philadelphia and am a Dolphins fan. Plus the NHL is coming back which excites me considering i'll have something to watch from January to May :)

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:00 AM
I know that. I have just always found it strange when people pick teams that are not in thier region. I was born and raised in SFL , so I only root for the Marlins(braves before) . Heat(pacers before), dolphins , and Panthers.

HysterikiLL
What the hell are you on about, old man?

CitizenSnips
I dont have my own avatar or anything. I'm a Flyers, Sixers and Phillies fan but when it comes to Football i cant stand the Eagles and root for the team that had my favorite player growing up, Dan Marino, who i got the pleasure of seeing for about 4 years that i can remember. The Flyers stuff just gives me my own identity since i live near Philadelphia and am a Dolphins fan. Plus the NHL is coming back which excites me considering i'll have something to watch from January to May :)

yeah i live in PA too. In fact my story isn't far from yours. mom, dad, grandma, aunts. uncles, ALL eagles. I couldn't stand it. then Dan Marino came on a commerical with Daffy Duck when i was like 5. bam. dolphin fan for life.

Wagon Circler
07-25-2005, 02:01 AM
This thread needs the Hulkster.

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:01 AM

OK, just wandering. :confused:

DolphinDevil28
07-25-2005, 02:02 AM
This thread needs the Hulkster.

:roflmao:

I wanna see a thread with Yoda, the Hulkster and dominizzo conversing back and forth.

cltchperf
07-25-2005, 02:04 AM
I know that. I have just always found it strange when people pick teams that are not in thier region. I was born and raised in SFL , so I only root for the Marlins(braves before) . Heat(pacers before), dolphins , and Panthers.

I was born in NY, and I'm still living there, so...There are a lot of Miami fans where I live, and in NYC, of course theres a bunch of Jets and Giants fans, but you'd be surprised how many Fin fans are there though compared to other teams, other than Jets, Giants. I went to a Miami bar/restaurant when I was down there.

FlyersCupCrazy
07-25-2005, 02:04 AM
yeah i live in PA too. In fact my story isn't far from yours. mom, dad, grandma, aunts. uncles, ALL eagles. I couldn't stand it. then Dan Marino came on a commerical with Daffy Duck when i was like 5. bam. dolphin fan for life.

^ Hah, that's cool. So i'm not the only one with a story like that. But i've come to notice there are lots and lots of Miami fans outside of Florida, which i think is cool. I didn't just join the club for Dan Marino, my uncle who passed away in January, told me stories about the 70's Dolphins, and how good they were, and who all the good players were, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Larry Csonka, Manny Fernandez. He transfered all of his years of football knowledge into me, really got me into the sport, and i became a fan of a franchise with a great proud history, a really good, really loyal fan base, a team that has had my favorite NFL players so far Zach Thomas and Dan Marino, and that's how you turn someone from an Eagle crazy city into a Miami fan :)

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:06 AM
^ Hah, that's cool. So i'm not the only one with a story like that. But i've come to notice there are lots and lots of Miami fans outside of Florida, which i think is cool. I didn't just join the club for Dan Marino, my uncle who passed away in January, told me stories about the 70's Dolphins, and how good they were, and who all the good players were, Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Larry Csonka, Manny Fernandez. He transfered all of his years of football knowledge into me, really got me into the sport, and i became a fan of a franchise with a great proud history, a really good, really loyal fan base, a team that has had my favorite NFL players so far Zach Thomas and Dan Marino, and that's how you turn someone from an Eagle crazy city into a Miami fan :)

nice to hear.:)

CitizenSnips
07-25-2005, 02:07 AM

or just say the words super bowl...

MadLib
07-25-2005, 02:07 AM

Every case is different. In my case, I grew up watching the fins because my dad was always watching/rooting for them. He started watching the fins because he was stationed near Miami when he was in the service. You arent the guy who started a thread the other day claiming "you cant be a true dolfan unless you live in Miami" are you?

e-man
07-25-2005, 02:09 AM
well I'm in my fifties and I know at least two things better than the younger guys... That leather helmets are not as good as the current ones and the single wing

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:09 AM
Every case is different. In my case, I grew up watching the fins because my dad was always watching/rooting for them. He started watching the fins because he was stationed near Miami when he was in the service. You arent the guy who started a thread the other day claiming "you cant be a true dolfan unless you live in Miami" are you?

no. I was just intrested in how people decide to pick teams that arent close by. It must be hard to see on TV. ;)

Rocky Raccoon
07-25-2005, 02:10 AM

I wanna see a thread with Yoda, the Hulkster and dominizzo conversing back and forth.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OMG that would be the GREATEST thread ever

CitizenSnips
07-25-2005, 02:11 AM
no. I was just intrested in how people decide to pick teams that arent close by. It must be hard to see on TV. ;)

especially this year with no primetime slots at all...wahoo...even though we sucked last year, we did beat the pats and browns on primetime tv. i had secretly hoped that would buy us a primetime game somewhere.

FlyersCupCrazy
07-25-2005, 02:12 AM
Well you also have to understand, that i grew up in England so it was like living away from Philadelphia anyway, i followed the Dolphins by watching scores really late at night on t.v in England, and they did play Monday Night Football games which i enjoyed. So i dont really have to be an Eagles fan, then i moved back to america, and Philadelphia still wasn't really an out of the like woodwork football town, since the Eagles hadn't been as close to good as they are now. It was more of a Hockey town and of course the Phillies were loved until they got cheap. But now it's all football since the Birds win, but i had already liked Miami.

AZDOLPHIN76
07-25-2005, 02:13 AM

I was born and raised in Tempe, Az. I have been a Dolphins Fan since 76 because of an ASU player named Benny Malone. I travel to Dolphin games every year. I root for the Cardinals, D-Backs, Coyotes and Suns. But i have been a fan to long to quit my Dolphins. just because the kid is from Philly doesnt make him any less of a fan than you. Believe me there are many fans across this country that support The Dolphins more than many people living in South Florida. So why is it strange?

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:15 AM
especially this year with no primetime slots at all...wahoo...even though we sucked last year, we did beat the pats and browns on primetime tv. i had secretly hoped that would buy us a primetime game somewhere.

especially since our D kept us in a lot of games. It was those darn INT's return for tds that killed us.:fire:

FlyersCupCrazy
07-25-2005, 02:16 AM
The Dolphins have one of the most strongest fan bases across the country, at away games you see lots of Miami fans in the crowd, and of course on forums like this you see people who really know lots about the team and aren't even remotely close to Miami. There isn't anything wrong with rooting for another team from another city. At least i dont think so anyway....

BTW: I'm heading out now guys, i'm tired. I'll be back sometime tomorrow to see whats new with the Phins, nice talking with you guys, see ya all later

unifiedtheory
07-25-2005, 02:16 AM

Region has nothing to do with teams that you like...

I've been a Dolhins fan for 20 years, a Boston Bruins fan since birth and an Oakland Athletics fan since the mid 80's...I live in Vancouver B.C....a little out of range of all those teams.

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:17 AM
I was born and raised in Tempe, Az. I have been a Dolphins Fan since 76 because of an ASU player named Benny Malone. I travel to Dolphin games every year. I root for the Cardinals, D-Backs, Coyotes and Suns. But i have been a fan to long to quit my Dolphins. just because the kid is from Philly doesnt make him any less of a fan than you. Believe me there are many fans across this country that support The Dolphins more than many people living in South Florida. So why is it strange?

Im not saying he is not as much of a fan. I was just wandering how people who dont live here get into our team. :tongue:

HEDAZHELAS24
07-25-2005, 02:17 AM
i agree completely....this is a Miami Dolphin fan site... most people do not know each other and by looking at their age it shows who the immature ones are(not the young ones). age doesnt matter... knowledge and fan support does

d-day
07-25-2005, 02:21 AM

and lets throw in marcos for a female perspective

AZDOLPHIN76
07-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Im not saying he is not as much of a fan. I was just wandering how people who dont live here get into our team. :tongue:

I apologize i misunderstood. If you ever have the chance you should travel to a Dolphins game out west or in the mid-west and see how many Dolphin fans are out there.

MadLib
07-25-2005, 02:28 AM

Actually it wasnt bad at all till this past season. Dolphins were always playing in significant regular season games so they were televised often. Now, 'Sunday Ticket' has pretty much become a necessity.

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:29 AM
I apologize i misunderstood. If you ever have the chance you should travel to a Dolphins game out west or in the mid-west and see how many Dolphin fans are out there.

True. Is the denver game at home? My girls best friens got a job out there. I can probably talk her into going there.

chambers#1
07-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Actually it wasnt bad at all till this past season. Dolphins were always playing in significant regular season games so they were televised often. Now, 'Sunday Ticket' has pretty much become a necessity.

I want to get sunday ticket but they told me I have to get one of those dishes.

AZDOLPHIN76
07-25-2005, 02:34 AM
True. Is the denver game at home? My girls best friens got a job out there. I can probably talk her into going there.

The Denver game is in Miami, but The Dolphins are in San Diego and Oakland. I will be at the San Diego game and i will go to the Colts game in 2006. I usually only get to 1 or 2 games a year and have to rely on The NFL ticket for the rest.

AZDOLPHIN76
07-25-2005, 02:36 AM
I went to the Dever game last year even though our season was over, but i still got to see them live.

MadLib
07-25-2005, 02:37 AM
I want to get sunday ticket but they told me I have to get one of those dishes.

Yeah, that was the situation I was in last year when I had digital cable. I followed all the games via radio which wasnt too bad but I cant tolerate that this year so I switched to Direct TV and picked up Sunday Ticket.

HybridPHIN 23
07-25-2005, 03:57 AM
I'm born N raised in NJ, and all my family lives in Florida, which is the only place I leave NJ for othe then NYC. So I can relate because the only teams I give a damn about are the Phins, Yankees, Devils, Heat, Marlins, Rangers, Nets, Knicks, & Giants. It's definitley not strange around here to root for teams outside the region tho....

pwn3dyo
07-25-2005, 04:03 AM
i agree. Age does not measure your intelligence. Although they do know more about the past than the youngsters.

Megatron
07-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Ok....it seems as though 1/2 the threads I'm reading lately someone mentions some comment about someone's age in a critical or offending way. To me....this is getting quite old and it starting to turn into some kind of soap opera where people are trying to justify their opinions based upon their ages. I could be wrong but this site was created and is maintained for ALL Dolphins fans to post their opinions. If you feel your's is "better" then explain why. Maybe your older fans with more knowledge can help spread some....and I bet you that some younger fans know the game and history in some areas better then the older guys/girls. So, imho...can we cut out the crap about everyone's age? Thanks.

Muck/Tate/AJ & crew....know this isn't "fin" related and in the wrong thread forum but I just wanted this to be seen by many of the people on here b/c this has really gotten annoying lately with the age bashing comments.

--/JamesIt only bothers you because you are a big baby, 30.......ha, I wish I was 30.

jbond
07-25-2005, 07:28 AM
It only bothers you because you are a big baby, 30.......ha, I wish I was 30.

I assume this was in jest. For reference....no one has attacked me at all for being old/young etc. relative to others. My original post is really due to those of us in the 30+ crowd that I have seen automatically start bashing a younger fan simply because of his age and that they "don't know anything". I was only asking if you disagree then to voice your opinion and reasons for them and not attack the person (where appropriate....someone may deserve a smack-down but more often then not, lately it's been jumping all over someone b/c of one post someone else doesn't agree with and using their age as the basis for their argument, which in and of itself is flawed and shows a lack of maturity on the criticizer.)