PDA

View Full Version : MNF History Lesson

Sniper
11-02-2002, 04:57 PM
If past results are indicative of the future, then this Monday night doesn't bode very well for the Fins...

Hopefully, I counted these up right. Here's MNF win/loss records for the Fins/Packers for the past 10 years:

Miami 11W 13L

Green Bay 12W 5L

As you can see, the Dolphins have not been very successful playing on Monday nights while the Packers are one of the more successful teams when playing on Monday nights.

Keep in mind that MANY of Miami's MNF wins were from '92 to '96. If I just went back 5 years it would have been even more lop-sided in Green Bay's favor.

Sniper
11-02-2002, 05:13 PM
Here's the MNF win/loss records since 1997

Miami 4W 6L

GB 9W 5L

inFINSible
11-02-2002, 05:33 PM
One more Fin victory gives us more wins than ANY other team on Monday night.

Smoke that.......;)

Sniper
11-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
One more Fin victory gives us more wins than ANY other team on Monday night.

Smoke that.......;)

Faulty logic. The record you are bragging about depends largely on the number of times you play on Monday night.

You had to play 66 times to accomplish that "feat"....

The fins have played more MNF than any other team. The 49ers were able to win more in 55 games than you in 65 games. Percentagewise, this makes them better than you on MNF. If San Fran or even Dallas had the same number of Monday night games as you guys then one of them most certainly would have the most wins.

ohall
11-02-2002, 06:32 PM
... if the Dolphins are on MNF that often, what does that tell you? You can do it!

Oliver...

Originally posted by Sniper
That's nothing to brag about considering that you had to play 66 times to accomplish that "feat"....

The fins have played more MNF than any other team, but you guys would have had to play 66 games to get that. The 49ers were able to win more in 55 games.

Sniper
11-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
... if the Dolphins are on MNF that often, what does that tell you? You can do it!

Oliver...

The only thing that tells anyone is that the Fins are good for MNF ratings. I suspect many people make a special effort to tune in just to see them lose. I know I do! :lol:

The NFL and ABC is just taking advantage of this well known fact.

Sniper
11-02-2002, 09:51 PM
This week will really be interesting. I think these will be key games for both the Bills and the Fins. It is going to be very tough for the Fins to go into Green Bay and come away with a win. If the Fins lose this week, then I sense self-destruction for you guys. Nothing like a loss on a Monday night to ruin team morale.

If the Bills win this week over the Patsies, then I see momentum really being on the Bills side for the rest of the season. Kind of a snowball effect.

dolphinators13
11-02-2002, 10:49 PM
Sniper... Why didn't you mention the Dolphins all time record V.S the Pack. 9-2 or 8-2 its one of those.

Sniper
11-02-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by dolphinators13
Sniper... Why didn't you mention the Dolphins all time record V.S the Pack. 9-2 or 8-2 its one of those.

Actually, it is 9-1.

8 of your wins though happened before 1994 which is ancient history in the NFL! For instance you beat the Pack in '71... How does the '71 Fins team reflect today's team?

I would only consider 2 games relevant to the current Fins and Packers teams... those games played in '97 and '00. If you look at just those games then you guys split games at 1-1.

Fact is you guys lost when you went there in '97 and they lost when visiting you in '00.

inFINSible
11-03-2002, 06:34 AM
This week will really be interesting. I think these will be key games for both the Bills and the Fins. It is going to be very tough for the Fins to go into Green Bay and come away with a win. If the Fins lose this week, then I sense self-destruction for you guys. Nothing like a loss on a Monday night to ruin team morale.

If the Bills win this week over the Patsies, then I see momentum really being on the Bills side for the rest of the season. Kind of a snowball effect.

IF

Sniper
11-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible
IF

Yes. IF is the key word...

Actually, I hope the Fins do well and the Bills do well. It would be great if the December game decided AFC East Champions... Of course then I hope we kick the fins a$$ :lol:

inFINSible
11-03-2002, 12:23 PM
:lol: :lol:
me too, but opposite on the last line.:biggrin:

ohall
11-03-2002, 02:26 PM
The only thing that tells anyone is that the Fins are good for MNF ratings. I suspect many people make a special effort to tune in just to see them lose. I know I do! :lol:

The NFL and ABC is just taking advantage of this well known fact.