PDA

View Full Version : Any interested Dolphins writers?

parchy
07-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi there, my name is Will Parchman, the football president over at mostvaluablenetwork.com, and we're currently looking for another Dolphins blogger to contribute at our site. If you're interested, think you know enough about the Dolphins and think you can contribute at least once a week, feel free to email me an article (parchman@mostvaluablenetwork.com) about the 'fins off-season/chances for '05... you can also post it up in this thread and attach your email onto it and I will get back to you ASAP... generally, anything 'fins related, just to give me an idea of how much you know on the team. Sorry if this isn't the right forum, I just wanted to make sure anybody who wanted to do this had a chance.

Thanks for your time!
Will Parchman

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:26 AM
How's this? :D

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=86707&highlight=2005+column

parchy
07-26-2005, 02:29 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=86707&highlight=2005+column

Looks pretty fantastic to me... are you interested in the position?

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Looks pretty fantastic to me... are you interested in the position?

Yeah, why not?

Boik14
07-26-2005, 02:31 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=86707&highlight=2005+column Your 1st name is Rustin? :lol:

J/k DD :hail:

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Your 1st name is Rustin? :lol:

J/k DD :hail:

:yell: Yes. At least it's not Alfred or something. :lol:

parchy
07-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, why not?

Good deal... if you could just shoot me your email we'll get you all set up.

Boik14
07-26-2005, 02:35 AM
:yell: Yes. At least it's not Alfred or something. :lol: True. Alfred is a rather poor choice of names. The only cool guys ever named alfred were a movie director and batmans butler!

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Good deal... if you could just shoot me your email we'll get you all set up.

I PM'd you. ;)

parchy
07-26-2005, 02:37 AM
I PM'd you. ;)

I apparently need 50 posts to use the private message system :( Could you put it up here and delete it 2 seconds after I get it?

jbond
07-26-2005, 02:39 AM
ahhhhhhh! I saw it :)

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:39 AM
ahhhhhhh! I saw it :)

:lol:

jbond
07-26-2005, 02:40 AM
what's up DD28....good luck on writing man....

parchy
Got it, thanks :)

DolphinDevil28
what's up DD28....good luck on writing man....

Thanks. I love writing about the Fins.

jbond
07-26-2005, 02:43 AM
yeah....it would suck having to follow and write about the Jets!....and here today....we are yet again surrounded by a ton of dirty sh---y snow and we can make our the stadium through the haze as we await yet another cold and drawn out game on this evening......stay tuned for a special report on how the yankees are yet again trying to buy a championship but still can't quite do it this year.....:)

Boik14
07-26-2005, 02:43 AM
good luck DD. You'll do well!

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:45 AM
yeah....it would suck having to follow and write about the Jets!....and here today....we are yet again surrounded by a ton of dirty sh---y snow and we can make our the stadium through the haze as we await yet another cold and drawn out game on this evening......stay tuned for a special report on how the yankees are yet again trying to buy a championship but still can't quite do it this year.....:)

:lol:

...also, we have braking news at this hour. Chad Pennington has sneezed very hard and sprained his neck. He is out indefinitely.

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:45 AM
good luck DD. You'll do well!

Thanks. Once I get set up over there yall should come read my stuff.

parchy
07-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Alright Rustin, I sent you an email introducing you to the site etc... if you like, you can post that position-by-position breakdown on your site as your first article once we get you all set up... you have free reign, so it's really up to you.

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 02:47 AM
Alright Rustin, I sent you an email introducing you to the site etc... if you like, you can post that position-by-position breakdown on your site as your first article once we get you all set up... you have free reign, so it's really up to you.

Yay

:mdfin::mdfin: I'll go check it out.

Boik14
07-26-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks. Once I get set up over there yall should come read my stuff.Or you can just post it here :tongue:

jbond
07-26-2005, 02:55 AM
Or you can just post it here :tongue:

lol....ozzy and others post their stuff here and/or dolphantalk.com etc.....unless you're having to sign some agreement for your writing is their intellectual property etc...which it doesn't look like.

jbond
07-26-2005, 02:57 AM
maybe it's me but their homepage is blank although (viewing source) if you go to one of the links shown (www.mostvaluablenetwork.com/?m=200504) it pulss up something.....is it just me w/the homepage problem?

Phinz4Life
07-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Shoot! Didn't see this earlier. Ah. Well, DD has bout 3 years on me, so it's only fair.

If you need another writer, I'm interested! I'm tryin to get back into editorial toons for this website come season-time.

But, anyway. Goin to college for journalism, been writin that style for four years now, so if you need anyone else, I've got no life. :D

Boik14
07-26-2005, 03:06 AM
lol....ozzy and others post their stuff here and/or dolphantalk.com etc.....unless you're having to sign some agreement for your writing is their intellectual property etc...which it doesn't look like.I know, I would have volunteered for the position but im trying to write 2 fiction novels and balance work (advertising)/social life along with that.

DolphinDevil28
07-26-2005, 03:07 AM
I know, I would have volunteered for the position but im trying to write 2 fiction novels and balance work (advertising)/social life along with that.

I've never seen your stuff. I'd like to.

Did you read my whole preseason write-up?

Boik14
07-26-2005, 03:17 AM
I've never seen your stuff. I'd like to.

Did you read my whole preseason write-up?You wouldnt have seen my stuff...its not published or finished yet. The stuff im working on isnt related to football.

I did read your write up though DD, pretty good and i enjoyed it

Daytona Fin
07-26-2005, 03:18 AM
rustin peace

Boik14
07-26-2005, 03:32 AM
rustin peace Im sure hes heard that play on words quite a bit :)

Phinz4Life
07-26-2005, 03:45 AM

Lay off the Yankees. :mad:

Not to get off-topic, but they're using their farm now. Some rather successful (Cano - ROY :D, Wang), some decent (Small, Crosby, Melky), and then a few that well, didn't quite pan out (Henn, and well, Melky so far too).

The fact they are only 1 game out of first is a testament to overcoming such great odds with Pavano, Brown, Wright, and now Cano hitting the DL.

Boik14
07-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Lay off the Yankees. :mad:

Not to get off-topic, but they're using their farm now. Some rather successful (Cano - ROY :D, Wang), some decent (Small, Crosby, Melky), and then a few that well, didn't quite pan out (Henn, and well, Melky so far too).Cano is not a ROY as long as Swisher and Mauer are still Rooks....which they are. Swisher has better stats than Cano and Mauer's are comprarable + added responsibility of catching a staff on a playoff contender.

HysterikiLL
07-26-2005, 03:57 AM
I'd love to have my own column one day...nothing professional...

Maybe I'll try for something here in the future as this is my 'home' :P but for now I'll stick to screenplays, poems, political viewpoints and prose.

I probably don't know enough in depth stuff about the Dolphins at the moment to get into a detailed once a week column

jbond
07-26-2005, 04:58 AM
I know, I would have volunteered for the position but im trying to write 2 fiction novels and balance work (advertising)/social life along with that.

Best of luck Boik. Hope it works out for you.

jbond
07-26-2005, 04:59 AM
[QUOTE=Phinz4Life]Lay off the Yankees. :mad:
QUOTE]

lol.....I don't even watch / follow / give a rat's a$$ about baseball :lol: cuz I find it :sleep: :D (nothing personal)

parchy
07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
If anybody else is interested you can send me an email with your Dolphins work and we'll see if we can't get you a position.