PDA

View Full Version : I need some help on Madden 2006

Joneal7
07-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Ok once i get the game...there will be 4 of us running a franchise...me as the Dolphins of course...a cardinal, bengal, and a falcon....What should i base my draft on..we are using draft classes from NCAA..i've been thinking of some people i should look into but i have no idea where i should start working at

any help would be wonderful

Slappy8800
07-26-2005, 04:05 AM
defense wins championships

i always take a RB first...a decentQB can be had in a later round

PhinsPhan
07-26-2005, 12:23 PM
defense wins championships

i always take a RB first...a decentQB can be had in a later round

I dont think he is talking about a fantasy draft. If you are then yeah a stud RB is usually good. But consider that RB are so easy to develop you might want to look elsewhere. You can get a very good RB in the third round who will be top of the league in a couple of years, you can also get a guy like David Carr in a later round so dont jump the gun on these guys if they get taken. To tell you the truth you might want to look at DB since they are the hardest to develop and usually go down in value because of the pass happy comp if you are not careful.

Now if you are not talking about a fantasy draft then as the dolphins I think you want to see where you end up first. But if AJ doesnt progress at all go with a CB or saftey. You will also want to pick up a DE in the second or third round and a DT in the 2nd - 4th round. If I was doing a draft I would target a CB or Saftey in the first, a OLB in the second, a DT in the third and a DE in the 4th

Joneal7
07-27-2005, 12:26 AM
yeah i wasnt talking about a fantasy draft

PhinsPhan
07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
yeah i wasnt talking about a fantasy draft

yeah in that case you will want to look at what I said above.

offense:
WR
TE
are both set
OL you have alot of guys that can improve so it is hard to draft a guy rated 75 or so and have him rot on the bench and never improve because you dont have any one guy that is very very bad and old on the line. You are better off to try and work with what you got and let them develop. That is what I did in Madden 05 franchise. I started off drafting OL, but they never got a chance to beat out the competition and since the Dolphins had such young OL anyways I never played them.

Defense:
Derrick Pope improves at a suprising rate, same with Bua. Eddie Moore is a bit harder. But now you also have Channing Crowder I think you dont need any LB
At DT you will need someone because Wright should be good if you develop him but Bowens, chester, Washington are all needing replacements. Chester and Washington are fine for a year but they are both gone after that. Bowens is already retired obviously.
At DE you have Roth for the future so you dont need this right away because between Taylor Carter Holliday Roth you are going to find it hard to find playing time.
At CB Will Poole can be good and I am guessing Travis Daniels can be the same. I got him up to 88 Ithink. But the problem is because of his lack of speed he gets burned alot and I would imagine Daniels would be the same so you mightwant to look into a CB to replace one of them once Sam Madison retires.
Finally at saftey tebucky is good but you need a FS. You can also draft a SS and move jones to FS or whatever but you need a saftey.

JTaylor99
07-27-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd draft a Corner or Safety. O-Lineman on that game are so easy to develop into 99 overall players, it's really a waste to spend a high round pick on them. QB would be a good pick too unless you are going to trade for one like David Carr and develop him. But with our secondary I'd definatly look to add a playmaker there like Devin Hester or LaRon Landry.

leinart06
07-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok once i get the game...there will be 4 of us running a franchise...me as the Dolphins of course...a cardinal, bengal, and a falcon....What should i base my draft on..we are using draft classes from NCAA..i've been thinking of some people i should look into but i have no idea where i should start working at

any help would be wonderful

i am doin the same thing and i am picking leinart and ferguson in the 1st round (trade for more and higher picks) then hope a guy like mike degory falls to me in the 2nd round

Buddwalk
07-28-2005, 11:06 AM
hmm...depends how your team does that year if you suck and the reason is qb draft a qb