PDA

View Full Version : ? for LSU fans

Anthony3454
07-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I was looking at the historic rosters for NCAA 2006 and noticed that Randall Gay was rated better than Travis Daniels on the national championship team. Is this correct? I was under the impression that Daniels was a much better college player than Gay.

ether79
07-27-2005, 12:11 PM
I think that was more hindsight, which EA tends to employ, considering how good Gay has been for the Pats.

Bellson
07-27-2005, 12:14 PM
yea i agree... probably had a lot to do w/ EA getting on their knees for the Patsies.

arsenal
07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
I was looking at the historic rosters for NCAA 2006 and noticed that Randall Gay was rated better than Travis Daniels on the national championship team. Is this correct? I was under the impression that Daniels was a much better college player than Gay.

well on that national championship team gay was the senior while travis was just a junior... and travis didn't start i believe until his senior year so if thats the case he didn't have as much experience...

Dol-Fan Dupree
07-27-2005, 12:40 PM
well on that national championship team gay was the senior while travis was just a junior... and travis didn't start i believe until his senior year so if thats the case he didn't have as much experience...

I thought Daniels did start as Gay was the nickelback

Mike13
07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
yea i agree... probably had a lot to do w/ EA getting on their knees for the Patsies.

i dont think its like that probably gay had more experience then Daniels

ether79
07-27-2005, 12:45 PM
i dont think its like that probably gay had more experience then Daniels
Daniels started that year with Webster on the other side while Gay was the nickel. I mean he went undrafted.

Link about Daniels starting.http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerroom/teamroster/playerBio.asp?docid=18151

tigerskin
07-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Randall Gay was the starter but then got hurt (I think he broke a bone in his hand or something like that). Travis Daniels then took his place. Gay came back with a cast on his hand/arm later in the season but never took back the position over Travis. Gay was then the nickel back. Both were very good so it is splitting hairs. Gay's draft status was probably affected a lot by his injury. Travis also should really be a senior at LSU this year. He burned his redshirt for the team towards the end of the SEC Championship game in his freshman year. Saban asked him if he was OK with that and Travis said "anything for the team." He bacame one of the fan favorites.

ether79
07-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

Anthony3454
07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Randall Gay was the starter but then got hurt (I think he broke a bone in his hand or something like that). Travis Daniels then took his place. Gay came back with a cast on his hand/arm later in the season but never took back the position over Travis. Gay was then the nickel back. Both were very good so it is splitting hairs. Gay's draft status was probably affected a lot by his injury. Travis also should really be a senior at LSU this year. He burned his redshirt for the team towards the end of the SEC Championship game in his freshman year. Saban asked him if he was OK with that and Travis said "anything for the team." He bacame one of the fan favorites.
Thanks a lot for clearing things up.

DolphinVJ
07-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I was watching the 2004 BCS Championship between LSU and Oaklohoma last week (replay on DVD) and the ABC Broadcast Team said that one of the starting safeties on the Team got hurt beginning of that year so Travis started at Safety and Randall G. at corner and then when he came back, Travis moved to Starting Corner and Gay to nickelback.