PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox suddenly died

mor911
07-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't know what happened. My Xbox is soft modded. I was playing NCAA off of the drive like I've done a million times.

Tonight, I was playing NCAA and the game froze. No big deal right? Games freeze every once in a while. I turned off my box, and rebooted... Nothing. No green sludge... Nothing. I turn it off again. Reboot. Nothing. I'm getting absolutely NO response from my xbox. It's not even booting the bios.

I pulled the power cable, and gave it a few minutes. Nothing. I think my xbox abruptly died for no reason.

I then took her apart, and looked for signs of damage (like burned cabling or cracked stuff). Nothing. I'm helpless and don't know what to do. Someone please give me a pointer.:mad::cry::fire::shakeno:

Jt0323
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
that sucks...how much would a new one cost?

UltraDol-Fan
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
My friends broke last month, but I think his dashboard still worked. I think you can send it in and for like $80 bucks they will fix it and give you a 1 year warranty. I think buying a used one will cost you about the same. Sorry about your luck, that really sucks.

EDIT: I just remembered, another one of my friends X-Boxes broke last week too, he had a Special Edition Halo X-Box. He was really pissed.

Maybe it's a conspiracy, a lot of them seem to be crapping out. Hopefully mine won't. (knock on wood)

SirDrums
07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
they will fix a modded box?

Sorry to hear that man. luckily you can get a refurb one for pretty cheap.

zach13
07-27-2005, 04:38 PM
I think they are all programmed to die right before the launch of XBOX 360. Yours just died early

mor911
07-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I've been reading around, and apperently, there's something called "Xbox comma" that plagues the 1.1 versions of Xbox's....

This sucks. :(

nevadadolfan
07-27-2005, 06:47 PM
I think they are all programmed to die right before the launch of XBOX 360. Yours just died early

You might be on to something there!! Microsoft is called the evil empire. I better keep an eye on mine.

kastofsna120
07-27-2005, 09:01 PM
are you using a 3rd party controller? i thought my gamecube died, but it turns out the controller i was using started to mess things up after a while. that's pretty much the only help i can give

mor911
07-27-2005, 11:02 PM
are you using a 3rd party controller? i thought my gamecube died, but it turns out the controller i was using started to mess things up after a while. that's pretty much the only help i can give
The system is not even booting the bios. It's not even getting the point where it looks for the controllers. This sucks.:yell::fire:

kastofsna120
07-28-2005, 06:21 AM
i know, but that wouldn't mean anything. on my gamecube, when i turned it on, it would IMMEDIATELY turn off again. basically i'm just suggesting if you do have a 3rd party controller, try turning it on without a controller plugged in, or with the real xbox one in instead

Slappy8800
07-28-2005, 06:32 AM
kick it

mor911
07-28-2005, 07:56 AM
i know, but that wouldn't mean anything. on my gamecube, when i turned it on, it would IMMEDIATELY turn off again. basically i'm just suggesting if you do have a 3rd party controller, try turning it on without a controller plugged in, or with the real xbox one in instead
I tried it without controllers, without the HD, without the optical drive... nothing.

Oh, and I have lightly kicked it. If I kick it harder, it's going into the canal.

jtsacksyou
07-29-2005, 01:49 PM
maybe by a new power supply for it. Itll be cheaper than buying a new box if thats what it is

Predaphin
07-30-2005, 07:29 PM
that sucks...how much would a new one cost?

how dare you....how about asking, when is the funeral?

dol_fan_81
07-31-2005, 11:57 AM
mine refuses to open the disc tray, and it crashes on certain games.... even if they are new

banzaitrey
07-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Which is why you should just get a ps2:)

dol_fan_81
07-31-2005, 02:59 PM

i have one of them also

VanDolPhan
08-01-2005, 02:58 AM

Or learn to treat their systems better. A PS2 is actually the most vulnerable to damage of the big 3. Surprisingly Nintendo holds up the best but then they know the kids will beat the heck outta their systems.

dol_fan_81
08-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Or learn to treat their systems better. A PS2 is actually the most vulnerable to damage of the big 3. Surprisingly Nintendo holds up the best but then they know the kids will beat the heck outta their systems.

:lol:
i have all 3 (gamecube, PS2 and xbox) i got my xbox about 3 years ago (my first one) then i bought a PS2 and then we got a gamecube for christmas, now the xbox is starting to give up on itself but the other 2 are working fine, but the PS2 makes funny noises sometimes...