PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Teele commits suicide

RWhitney014
07-28-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12238270.htm

There's a pretty graphic picture there, so if you're easily disturbed, you might not want to click it.

Not that it matters any more, but how could anyone respect this guy? He cheated his way through politics, got caught and couldn't handle the pressure, so he shoots himself and hurts his family, friends, and loved ones.

:shakeno:

mor911
07-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Freaking herald site wants me to register... Who is he?

TerryTate
07-28-2005, 12:09 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12238270.htm

There's a pretty graphic picture there, so if you're easily disturbed, you might not want to click it.

Not that it matters any more, but how could anyone respect this guy? He cheated his way through politics, got caught and couldn't handle the pressure, so he shoots himself and hurts his family, friends, and loved ones.

This guy was a mess. Not surprised that he ended it all.

dolfan4good
07-28-2005, 12:11 AM

This guy was a mess. Not surprised that he ended it all.
There's a paper comming out tomorrow that will shed a lot of light on Teele's alter ego...... I can see why although I don't understand why he would do this...

RWhitney014
07-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Mor, just go to miami.com and you'll get the gist. And it's free to register, BTW, if you want to...

He was an ex-Commissioner of something who was convicted of fraud with Miami International Airport or something. $20 million worth, I think. So he blew his brains out. What a disgusting waste of life.

Noodle Arm
07-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Yeah it was all over the news today. Reminds me of R. Budd Dwyer (if you're not familiar with Dwyer, look it up. He inspired the Filter song "Hey man nice shot")

NaboCane
07-28-2005, 12:26 AM
I believe that Art Teele was one of the first - if not the first - black Miami city commissioners edit: maybe councilman.

It's too bad that he was weak, and that his story had to end like this.

ohall
07-28-2005, 12:29 AM
But why in the Miami Herald building? That is what I don't get!

Noodle Arm
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM

Most likely because it was right across from his condo.(only thing I can think of) He walked over there...asked the guard to tell a certain Herald reporter that he loved his wife very much and then pulled out the gun.

RWhitney014
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM

He was close with Jim DeFede, I guess...wanted him to leave a message for his wife. Maybe he wanted to make the job easy for the reporters, who knows? The guy was obviously nuts.