PDA

View Full Version : should madden be held 2 or 3 weeks?

gramos0621
07-29-2005, 09:47 AM
should madden be held two or three weeks?? the game comes out august 9th and i think the first pre season game is the 8th of august. i think madden should wait to release the game so that they have accurate rosters. so that we woulnt have to go and ownload the rosters from online. what do u all think??

Pagan
07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Tell you the truth, I'm not even going to get the new Madden. I've read some reviews, and they said there's no new graphical enhancements and the "Superstar Mode' was actually described as "laughable".

The QB vision control seems like a cool upgrade, but since I'm going to get XBox 360 for Xmas and Madden will be part of the launch, why bother spending $50 on a game when I'll be getting a better version a few months down the road?

mor911
07-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Tell you the truth, I'm not even going to get the new Madden. I've read some reviews, and they said there's no new graphical enhancements and the "Superstar Mode' was actually described as "laughable".

The QB vision control seems like a cool upgrade, but since I'm going to get XBox 360 for Xmas and Madden will be part of the launch, why bother spending $50 on a game when I'll be getting a better version a few months down the road?
:yeahthat:

UCFinfan86
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Im going to get in on the 9th but im not sure if im getting xbox 360 but if i do ill just get madden then also. I can't not have madden 06 for those 3-4 months while all my friends are playing it

Buddwalk
07-29-2005, 11:19 AM

Same deal here man

arsenal
07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
people really still care about the graphics? i mean at this point it looks fine to me, they have new tackle sequences the running game and oline blocking is supposed to be upgraded, the new passing modes is GREAT, cant wait for that... what more do you need? you really need the graphics to be all better? to me its not even about that, but gameplay... i already got the **** preordered

MillerTime
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
people really still care about the graphics? i mean at this point it looks fine to me, they have new tackle sequences the running game and oline blocking is supposed to be upgraded, the new passing modes is GREAT, cant wait for that... what more do you need? you really need the graphics to be all better? to me its not even about that, but gameplay... i already got the **** preordered
:yeahthat:

UCFinfan86
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
I've had Madden reserved at Gamestop since March when i bought MVP Baseball

Pagan
07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
And it's thinking like that which will allow EA Sports to not give two sh*ts about making the game much better.

They know everyone will buy it anyway, and since they are the ONLY players in the NFL field, they'll just keep putting out the same game with roster updates and minor tweaks while just slapping a different year and poster boy on the cover. Why bother when no one will demand much improvement?

I'll just download the 2005 rosters off XBox live for Madden 2005 and save the $$$.

I don't need "Superstar Mode". :rolleyes:

byroan
07-29-2005, 02:25 PM

Madden's graphics suck. Yes people still care. Some people would actually like to play a realistic game. Madden doesn't have the gameplay either. Now that they own the NFL rights, they will continue to put out garbage. They have no reason to update their game. Why? Because people like yourself will always buy the game no matter what.

gramos0621
07-29-2005, 03:46 PM
lol still no one has answers the wusetion if it should be postponed

gramos0621
07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
"answered", "Question" my bad

Manican
07-29-2005, 06:10 PM
no

Manican
07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
If madden waited a few more weeks I'd probably cry, it's no big deal going online.

Manican
07-29-2005, 06:13 PM

you're cheap

DonShula84
07-30-2005, 12:51 AM
should madden be held two or three weeks?? the game comes out august 9th and i think the first pre season game is the 8th of august. i think madden should wait to release the game so that they have accurate rosters. so that we woulnt have to go and ownload the rosters from online. what do u all think??

Get PS2 online and download the update when it comes out. Problem solved

Pagan
07-30-2005, 05:37 AM
you're cheap
Yea, silly me....not wanting to spend that $50 when I'm buying an XBox 360 and the game for THAT system. :rolleyes:

And damn, what a tightwad I am, plunking down 30 grand for that Mustang when I should have spent 50 for the 'Vette.

Stop talking out your a$$ when you don't know me.

This coming from someone who'd cry if Madden was delayed? :lol:

VanDolPhan
08-01-2005, 03:04 AM
I'll just download the 2005 rosters off XBox live for Madden 2005 and save the $$$.

Err good luck with that. I don't believe they will update 2005's rosters once 2006 is out. That was the huge spat that kept them from signing on to Xbox live for the longest time.

arsenal
08-01-2005, 11:13 AM
And it's thinking like that which will allow EA Sports to not give two sh*ts about making the game much better.

They know everyone will buy it anyway, and since they are the ONLY players in the NFL field, they'll just keep putting out the same game with roster updates and minor tweaks while just slapping a different year and poster boy on the cover. Why bother when no one will demand much improvement?

where did i say anything about not making it better? i said i dont care about making the graphics better, i think they are good enough as is, i dont need some supercrazy graphics to play a game... im more worried about gameplay and other features of the game... how many tihngs can they make different each year though? its a football game, only so much you can do to change it up and i think this year they did plenty... you guys are just too picky about everything... just enjoy it for what it is

DonShula84
08-01-2005, 03:01 PM
And damn, what a tightwad I am, plunking down 30 grand for that Mustang when I should have spent 50 for the 'Vette.

yay you got the mustang. I just started a new job, once I get settled in Im going to look at the Mustang and the new Dodge Charger, hopefully one will be in my driveway soon!

Pagan
08-01-2005, 03:30 PM
where did i say anything about not making it better? i said i dont care about making the graphics better, i think they are good enough as is, i dont need some supercrazy graphics to play a game... im more worried about gameplay and other features of the game... how many tihngs can they make different each year though? its a football game, only so much you can do to change it up and i think this year they did plenty... you guys are just too picky about everything... just enjoy it for what it is
Okay, let me point something out. You don't think graphics are important, it's all about gameplay. To some extent, I agree...but ask yourself this, would you think it was great if it played wonderful but looked like the old arcade game "10 Yard Fight"?

Also, think about all the memory wasted on that stupid "Superstar Mode". Wouldn't it have been better used for - oh I dont know - more realistic player animation? Or would you prefer they keep that GAY "trot back to the huddle" animation from 2005?

yay you got the mustang. I just started a new job, once I get settled in Im going to look at the Mustang and the new Dodge Charger, hopefully one will be in my driveway soon!
Don't get the Charger bro....UGLY car! Whatever you do get, make sure you send photos! :up:

Prime Time
08-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I am going to go reserve Madden later today...wasn't too excited about it, but with Football back now I am :D

arsenal
08-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Okay, let me point something out. You don't think graphics are important, it's all about gameplay. To some extent, I agree...but ask yourself this, would you think it was great if it played wonderful but looked like the old arcade game "10 Yard Fight"?

Also, think about all the memory wasted on that stupid "Superstar Mode". Wouldn't it have been better used for - oh I dont know - more realistic player animation? Or would you prefer they keep that GAY "trot back to the huddle" animation from 2005?

Don't get the Charger bro....UGLY car! Whatever you do get, make sure you send photos! :up:

no i dont want 10 yard fight... but the way it is now isn't anytihng close... im not saying graphics mean NOTHING, im saying the way the graphics are now im not looking for improvements... but they do have different graphics, different tackles, pass deflections, etc... they have different ways to audible and change ya defense before the snap... or after the snap... truck stick, passing cones, recievers/CBs actually watch the lfight of the ball... theres plenty of updates...

i dont know i guess i just have realistic expectations... i dont expect amillion changes, because really theres only so much you can do with these games now

DonShula84
08-02-2005, 04:11 AM
Don't get the Charger bro....UGLY car! Whatever you do get, make sure you send photos!

I have a feeling if I get the Charger, or anything other than the Mustang, in the back of my mind Ill regret it.

Pagan
08-02-2005, 07:36 AM
I have a feeling if I get the Charger, or anything other than the Mustang, in the back of my mind Ill regret it.
Last thing I'll say, cause I don't want to hyjack the thread....Charger is about $7K more than the Stang, and the Stang is faster. To get the Charger with the hemi, you'll pay about the same as the Shelby Cobra that will be out soon, and the Cobra blows the doors off the Charger.

Go with the Stang, bro. I can PM you a TON of places to get aftermarket parts. For maybe $3K more you can get a stock Mustang GT up to almost 500 horsepower. :eek:

born_angry39
08-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Madden should be released when the season starts!

Dolfan984
08-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Last thing I'll say, cause I don't want to hyjack the thread....Charger is about $7K more than the Stang, and the Stang is faster. To get the Charger with the hemi, you'll pay about the same as the Shelby Cobra that will be out soon, and the Cobra blows the doors off the Charger.

Go with the Stang, bro. I can PM you a TON of places to get aftermarket parts. For maybe $3K more you can get a stock Mustang GT up to almost 500 horsepower. :eek:

He's right. With about 2800 bucks you can get that baby over 475 hp easy.

dolfan_101
08-02-2005, 04:39 PM

I am a die-hard mopar fan, but i even think the chargers are ugly. They should of never named it a charger. The charger was a kick a$$ 2-door muscle car that owned the road. Now they are like a family grocery getter:shakeno: . Mopar needs to fix this and quick.