PDA

View Full Version : Madden every year?

leinart06
07-29-2005, 03:49 PM
who here buys madden every year

Jt0323
07-29-2005, 03:52 PM
who here buys madden every year

i do... but now its the olny football game out so everyone who wants a football game would buy it this year

UCFinfan86
07-29-2005, 04:27 PM
bought every year since 97

miabrown23
07-29-2005, 04:53 PM
been playing for a long time and caint wait to get this years

#84Fan4Life
07-29-2005, 05:02 PM
I buy it every year on the release date.

This year I have it reserved for the Gamecube and the 360. I'll play it on the Cube for a couple of months and then when the 360 hits its hello next gen.

Wildbill3
07-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I'll get it for the computer, (so much easier for edits and customs, plus faster load times) and then like everyone else it'll be next gen.

Manican
07-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I actually buy it every year for each console it's available for.

Phin-o-rama
07-29-2005, 10:10 PM
I'll get it for the computer, (so much easier for edits and customs, plus faster load times) and then like everyone else it'll be next gen.

do you use a game pad? how well do they work compared to like say..an xbox and ps2 controler?

its been a long time since i tried to use a gamepad or joystick...i imagine they make em pretty nice nowadays....logitech?

Ferretsquig
07-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Dont reward those people for putting so little effort into making the game better. Wait a week for the cracked version to come out and download it...

Dolfan984
07-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Last three years I've won my copy, and I've been buying Madden since 99 came out.

Taco Bob
07-30-2005, 05:04 PM
I just started buying it since 2003 and I play it a lot for a few months after i get it. last year on franchise with fantasy draft, i got every position to have a player with 90+ after 7 years undefeated.

Predaphin
07-30-2005, 07:26 PM
I've been buying Madden since 96

Prime Time
07-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Madden time :D

I reserve it every year, although this year I haven't reserved it yet because I have not been as pumped to buy it this year as most years. Don't know why! But hey I have online and will be able to play with a DSL connection this year! :woot:

Dolfan984
07-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Madden time :D

I reserve it every year, although this year I haven't reserved it yet because I have not been as pumped to buy it this year as most years. Don't know why! But hey I have online and will be able to play with a DSL connection this year! :woot:

FML?

dol_fan_81
07-31-2005, 11:54 AM
i do... but now its the olny football game out so everyone who wants a football game would buy it this year

have they stopped making ESPN??

:eek: :boohoo: :down:

i'm sorry madden fans, but i just find Madden playable for a week only at the most

born_angry39
08-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Been buying Madden since 1994.

Deus Ex Dolphin
08-02-2005, 05:51 PM

i'm sorry madden fans, but i just find Madden playable for a week only at the most

Ah, I see you are in England, which explains not having heard about EA buying the EXCLUSIVE rights to the NFL, so only Madden has the real players/teams/logos for the next FIVE years. :eek:

I really prefered ESPN/2K football. Madden hasn't been my primary football game since Madden 99 on the old PSX. I did try Madden 2005 last year, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. Madden 2006 looks like a roster update, along with "flashlight" passing.

This is a transition year for EA though. With the Xbox 360 coming out this Holiday season I'm hoping to see more features and innovations with the next-gen game.

If not, I continue to update my ESPN 2K5 to create a 2K6 roster, and probably give Blitz The League football a try.

dol_fan_81
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Ah, I see you are in England, which explains not having heard about EA buying the EXCLUSIVE rights to the NFL, so only Madden has the real players/teams/logos for the next FIVE years. :eek:

I really prefered ESPN/2K football. Madden hasn't been my primary football game since Madden 99 on the old PSX. I did try Madden 2005 last year, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. Madden 2006 looks like a roster update, along with "flashlight" passing.

This is a transition year for EA though. With the Xbox 360 coming out this Holiday season I'm hoping to see more features and innovations with the next-gen game.

If not, I continue to update my ESPN 2K5 to create a 2K6 roster, and probably give Blitz The League football a try.

i aint got xbox live so, i just update the roster myself, does this also mean they won't be making NFL fever? (i'd take that over madden anyday)

Jt0323
08-03-2005, 01:33 AM
i cant wait till madden comes out...6 days!

elandre
08-03-2005, 01:58 AM
From 2000 and going strong !

Deus Ex Dolphin
08-03-2005, 03:30 AM
i aint got xbox live so, i just update the roster myself, does this also mean they won't be making NFL fever? (i'd take that over madden anyday)

:lol: Sorry man, it's just that NFL Fever was cancelled TWO years ago, even before the EA/NFL deal went down. MS was not happy with the overall quality of the game -though it was much better than a lot of football games I've tried over the years (I'm TALKING TO YOU Akklaim and your NFL QB Club game!).

Last year it was only Madden, ESPN 2K5, and I believe Blitz. This year it is down to Madden and Blitz The League. There have been some rumors about VC/Take2 doing a "Legends Football" game in the near future, but who knows? Either way, only Madden has the NFL teams/players the other games would have fictional football leagues.

It's not really funny what has happened to NFL football games. Competition was always a good thing. :(

dol_fan_81
08-03-2005, 08:23 AM
:lol: Sorry man, it's just that NFL Fever was cancelled TWO years ago, even before the EA/NFL deal went down. MS was not happy with the overall quality of the game -though it was much better than a lot of football games I've tried over the years (I'm TALKING TO YOU Akklaim and your NFL QB Club game!).

Last year it was only Madden, ESPN 2K5, and I believe Blitz. This year it is down to Madden and Blitz The League. There have been some rumors about VC/Take2 doing a "Legends Football" game in the near future, but who knows? Either way, only Madden has the NFL teams/players the other games would have fictional football leagues.

It's not really funny what has happened to NFL football games. Competition was always a good thing. :(

hey dont diss the QB club game, it was the first NFL game i had (2002) as for fever, i know they had NFL fever 2004 but i couldn't find 2005. i guess i'm not gonna be buying an NFL game for a couple of years then.

Madden = same game as last year with updated roster.... waste of money.

also i don't think they will sell blitz over here. da mn!

Motion
08-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah they are still making Blitz, just not with NFL players. Its call "Blitz: The League". And there will also be another football game in Oct.-Nov. called "Road to Sunday".

Deus Ex Dolphin
08-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Am I the official bearer of bad news in this thread? :confused: "Road to Sunday" turned into "Road to Nowhere" when it got cancelled just last month.

Sorry, no link handy, but check IGN or some other gamesite for details.

It was only for the PS2 anyway, which I don't own, but another choice is gone.

Scrap
08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Been buying Madden since 1994.Me too. :D

footballer
08-07-2005, 03:08 PM

ESPN is history...Madden is the kang kong of them all.