PDA

View Full Version : Chris Berman Football Game?

AirFishOne
07-29-2005, 11:40 PM
I read in a EGM Magazine that when Madden's contratc with EA Sports runs out Chris Berman will take over the helm with the yearly football franchise. I hope so cause I realy like Chris Berman with his clever remarks and his passion and knowledge of teh game, what do yall think is it a hoax or is it true?

Alien
07-30-2005, 12:01 AM
if that happens, i hope that EA AND ESPN find a way to come together to make a football game. berman can be annoying but hes ten times better than madden in my opinion.

Jt0323
07-30-2005, 12:02 AM
If im not mistaken the contract with madden is 10 years long...i could be mistaken tho

Agent51
07-30-2005, 03:02 PM
I hate madden (the guy, not the game), he is SUCH A LAME ANNOUNCER! First off, he over-analyzes EVERYTHING. Half the time people who have never played the game have no clue what the hell he is talking about. When I watch games that he announces with friends or family that have never played they are just like "WHAT!?!?!" and they aren't casual fans either, they are huge fans that know the rules and all that, not like the "what does a first down mean?" people, but when madden starts like dissecting plays and calling alternate routes that should've been done and stuff they just end up getting lost, and it doesn't make madden look any smarter, which is why it seems he does it, to look smart (not saying he wasn't a good coach or knowledgeable about football, but he seems to overuse it or throw it out there cuz he can). Also, he has ZERO emotion in his announcing. I pretty much hate all NFC teams to begin with so I barely eer watch their games, but to make matters worse all their games are on FOX, which was Madden and Pat Summeral (spelling?) and that just made it absolutely unbearable. Seriously, they have not a drop of personality or excitement. I once saw a game where the DB intercepted the ball on his own 3 and ran it all the way back, throwing out all sorts of jukes andbreaking tackles on the way and you know what the commentary from those two was? No lie, it was like this: (in monotone voice) "Interception.............breaks a tackle.........cuts right, avoids another would-be tackler.........the 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, touchdown" That was IT, no excitement, not even a "wow, what a play" or anything of the sorts, they sounded like golf announcers except for the fact that they didn't whisper. It's not like there are 97yd touchdown INT returns all the time in the NFL either, so its not like they were just bored of seeing it, they are just lame announcers period, and a big part of the reason why I didn't watch FOX games and was suffering in agony during monday night football games that didn't include the Dolphins (and even some that did, stupid Jets coming back from 40 down).

kastofsna120
07-31-2005, 12:44 PM
^ huh? madden dumbs everything down

Wagon Circler
07-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Awesome. Berman loves the bills, hopefully they will be grossly overrated.

Agent51
07-31-2005, 03:37 PM
^ huh? madden dumbs everything down

sometimes yes, others, he overcomplicates them.

AirFishOne
07-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Awesome. Berman loves the bills, hopefully they will be grossly overrated.

What they arnt alrdy? ;)

JTaylor99
07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
So now insted of hearing John say "BOOM!" every 5 seconds you'll hear Berman saying "whoop!" every 5 seconds.

AirFishOne
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Chris Berman has much more passion for the game so i wouldnt care

Wildbill3
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Great we exchange one aging, fat, loudmouth with bad hair who always sucks up to the most powerful NFC team, for an aging, fat loudmouth with no hair who always sucks up to the buffalo Bills. We the gamer come out ahead on this how exactly?

kastofsna120
07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
madden sucks up to the NFC? that makes no sense

byroan
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Great we exchange one aging, fat, loudmouth with bad hair who always sucks up to the most powerful NFC team, for an aging, fat loudmouth with no hair who always sucks up to the buffalo Bills. We the gamer come out ahead on this how exactly?

Berman didn't announce on NFL 2k5 but he did do the pregame and postgame show as well as Sportscenter. I thought they did a great job with it, there wasn't any biasness at all. I just wish they moved his lips at the right time when he talked. :lol:

Wildbill3
08-01-2005, 01:45 AM
madden sucks up to the NFC? that makes no sensehave you been watching and actually bothering to listen to the same madden that I have for the last 12 years?

when any team in the NFC has won or been to the super bowl, the very next year, he has done nothing but kiss their *** every time he did the commentary on their game. And if you don't believe he kissed the NFC's ***, go back and look at the All-Madden teams from 1992 on... how many AFC players can you find listed?

Prime Time
08-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah Summerall and Madden were very lame...Summerall made the most exciting plays seem like nothing.

VanDolPhan
08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
I read in a EGM Magazine that when Madden's contratc with EA Sports runs out Chris Berman will take over the helm with the yearly football franchise. I hope so cause I realy like Chris Berman with his clever remarks and his passion and knowledge of teh game, what do yall think is it a hoax or is it true?

They are dead wrong. Madden signed a multi year deal to do the voice in the game just earlier this month.