PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for some Comedy tonight....

Predaphin
07-30-2005, 09:23 PM
I will be going to San Jose State University (San Jose, CA) tonight 7/30/05 to catch comedian George Lopez out there for his last show :( ....Apperantley he is having some sort of health issues (I heard he was having kidney problems) and says this will be his last tour.....show starts at 10:30 PM (7:00 PM show was sold out)...

Any other Dolphin Fans going???? This is my first time attending one of his shows....his CD's (Team Leader) are funny as heck...I'm looking foward to a great show!

P.S. If you;re going keep in mind they have the Grand Prix going on in San Jose as well, so get there with time or you will get caught up with the traffic.

Jt0323
07-30-2005, 09:51 PM
George Lopez is one of my favorite... yeah he had a kidney problem...he had a transplant...he found a doner... the donoer was his wife...its a great story...

backpacker
07-30-2005, 10:10 PM
he was good on his stand up special on comedy central

Amars
07-30-2005, 10:53 PM
Watch ouch for the cholitos.

spydertl79
07-31-2005, 01:04 PM
I don't like his comedy style, but it's too bad about his kidney.

Predaphin
07-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Man the show was awesome!!! he is funny from beggining to end....it was great...yeah, he brought his wife on stage and thanked her for the kidney, but he was still making jokes about it....man he is hilarious...He said something like:

"Man, i'm glad my wife (his wife is white) donated her kidney to me, I don't think i can live without her" then he says...."no way was i going to get a kidney from my aunt or any other relative, i'd wake up the next morning with diabetes and $hit!"....

but his impersenations on stage are also funny as heck! ....the guy had me cracking up all night...

They had the Grand Prix going on in San Jose as well and the traffic was horrible on the way out....The show ended at 12:30 Midnight and I didn;t get out of town till about 2:30 AM....and I still had to drive home for an hour.

Clark Kent
07-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Did anyone catch Bill Maher's comedy special "I'm Swiss" last night? It was pretty funny, however it wasn't that up to date (if it was, he would have been all over Rove and other big news). He might be my favorite stand up comedian (Dave Chappelle is right there, followed by Carlin).

GreenMonster
07-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Did anyone catch Bill Maher's comedy special "I'm Swiss" last night? It was pretty funny, however it wasn't that up to date (if it was, he would have been all over Rove and other big news). He might be my favorite stand up comedian (Dave Chappelle is right there, followed by Carlin).

As much as like both those guys, it will be hard to find a better stand-up than Chris Rock. For 2-3 years he was at the top of his game and I couldn't have laughed any harder.