PDA

View Full Version : Attention Fishermen and Anglers! Put together a FinHeaven Fishing Team!

FinHeavenAJ
08-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Members:

FinHeaven & Co is partnering with the Southwest Florida Grouper Grab Fishing Tournament and the Lee County Chapter of The Buoniconti Fund.

I would like to put together one or two teams for the 6th Annual Southwest Florida Grouper Grab Fishing Tournament. The cost is $475 per boat for FOUR people ($118.75/person). After four people, we can add an additional boat or make the boat six people for $125 for person 5 and 6.

Entry fee includes: *Entry into Grouper Grab Tournament, *Captains' meeting at RumRummer's Resturant @ Cape Harbour , *Weigh-in function at Venture Out Trading Company dock next to Cape Harbour Boat House, *Awards Dinner/Banquet in Boat House @ Cape Harbour, Food sponsored by Cape Crab and Steakhouse, *Tournament T-shirt,*Tournament Hat, *Tournament Sponsor bucket.

A BOAT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE FINHEAVEN TEAM!

PRIZES
TOTAL WEIGHT = 1st Place - $5000.00
2nd Place - $3000.00
3rd Place $2000.00
4th Place $750.00
5th Place $500.00

HEAVIEST GROUPER = RED - $750.00
Black - $750.00
GAG - $750.00
MYSTERY FISH - $500.00

HEAVIEST GROUPER WOMAN CATEGORY - $350.00
HEAVIEST GROUPER YOUTH CATEGORY - Trophy
HEAVIEST GROUPER SMALL FRY CATEGORY - Trophy

Tournament Scoring: Is based on "Total Weight" of 3 grouper per boat: (22 inch minimum).

Elegible Species: Black, Red & Gag Grouper. Grouper weighed for tournament will become property of tournament and used for banquet dinner.

Raffle tickets will be sold for a variety of impressive items, with the proceeds being donated to the Lee County Chapter of The Buoniconti Fund, which is in search of a cure for paralysis.

If you are interested, please post here and email me at webmaster@finheaven.com.

The FinHeaven Team must be put together no later than August 17th, 2005.

For more information, please view this website: http://www.groupergrab.com/

Any funds raised from the FinHeaven Team will go straight to the Tournament and the Buoniconti Fund.

If you have any questions, please post here.

-------------------

SCHEDULE of EVENTS Friday, August 19, 2005 @ 7:00 PM - Captains' meeting at RumRunner's Resturant @ Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, all tournament team members are welcome. (Tournament Captains' Packets will be handed out and the Rules will be reviewed.)

Saturday, August 20, 2005 @ 7:00 AM - Fishing tournament begins at 7:00 AM with shotgun start, Check-In Start Boat will be located off Sanibel Fishing Pier, from 6:00 AM until 8:00 AM (all boats must check-in prior to fishing); Fishing Tournament ends at 5:00 PM; Weigh-in will begin at 3:00 PM; weigh-in will take place at Venture Out Trading Company dock in the Cape Harbour).

Sunday, August 21, 2005, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Tournament Dinner/Banquet & Awards will be held in the Cape Harbour Boat House
Cape Crab & Steakhouse will be serving dinner for tournament participants and guests.

5:30 PM - Tournament Awards will be presented and the Raffle segment will begin.

spydertl79
08-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Sounds like a good idea

FuturePhin
08-02-2005, 01:03 AM
If I only lived in Florida I would be on that boat in a second! Is this every year or just a one time thing?

inFINSible
08-02-2005, 07:09 AM
I wanna do it!! :woot:

vt_dolfan
08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Well..AJ..now youve done it. I am moving to the area...but not for another 6 mos or so. I am a very avid fisherman...and would kill to be in that tourney. Oh well....I would love to hear how you all do..and hopefully this becomes an annual thing...so we can do it next year. Tight lines...

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Depending on how this goes, it can become an annual thing without a problem.

spydertl79 - did you want to be in the tourney as well?

So, so far I have inFinsible and Fin-atic. We need at least two more - any takers?

NaboCane
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
:fire: :sr23: :blowup: :cry:

greatwade
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Dang, wrong side of the state.

But catch em up!

/caught a 120lb Mako on Sunday

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Wrong side of the state? Dang man... it's not that bad of a drive getting over to the other side :cool:

greatwade
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I guess you are right, AJ. I guess we could try. We fish all the tourneys, and have even won a couple (Rodeo, S. FL Classic). But I wouldn't know the first thing about grouper fishing in the gulf. It sounds like a brilliant idea though, and good way to get the word out about your site.

Mike13
08-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I love to Fish but I doubt I can go.

vt_dolfan
08-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Wrong side of the state? Dang man... it's not that bad of a drive getting over to the other side :cool:

Hey AJ...do you fish the gulf much? When I move to the area...I will be doing so from Vermont. We fish freshwater mostly..(fly/spin). When I move to the area...(Sarasota/Bradenton) I would really like to hook up so I can learn as much about fishing the gulf as possible. We should have a full time FinHeaven fishing team. I might even be able to get a sponsor if my company takes off. Fishin and football...doesnt get any better.

woody1351
08-02-2005, 11:28 AM
if only i lived in florida, i do a lot of fishin in illinois.

Doktor Ivel
08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
too bad i live in Iowa, i only fish in bass tournaments

byroan
08-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I've got to move down to S. Florida. I'm missing out on everything.

catapano
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Sounds Like Alot Of Fun Wish I Had A Boat

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Sounds Like Alot Of Fun Wish I Had A Boat
You don't need a boat. FinHeaven will provide one if you're on our team :cool:

cnc66
08-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I have plans across that weekend and cannot change them. Had you given more notice I would be there. Please, let's do this next year, or even another tournament before that but more notice por favor. Gawd I'm soooo jealous !

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I plan on doing it next year. Sorry about not mentioning it sooner, I was just contacted about it yesterday.

calmrage
08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Yes, we hold it every year.

calmrage
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Last years biggest Grouper was 72 lbs....... until he showed us his 96 pounder!

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
FYI - calmrage is the person that contacted me about this!

greatwade
08-02-2005, 01:50 PM
http://www.greaton.com/swordfish

Caught that little guy a few years back. Fought it most the night. When we finally got it up to the boat, it was foul hooked, in the tail! Then the hook falls right out. Luckily it had died after the 4 hour fight.

http://www.greaton.com/fishing (good wahoo/sailfish photos)

I absolutely LOVE to fish. In addition to Dolphins games, one of the best things South Florida offers.

I'm going to check my calender, and get back to you.

AJ, how many anglers will you take out on the Finheaven boat??

FinHeavenAJ
08-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Well, there are four - six people per boat. As said, one to four people would be $475. Five people would then be $600 and six people will be $725.

OR, you can do four people per boat and have two boats or something...

greatwade
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Who has the boats? Charters??

inFINSible
08-02-2005, 05:34 PM

So, so far I have inFinsible and Fin-atic. We need at least two more - any takers?

We're gonna need a bigger boat. :lol:

thecoordinator
08-02-2005, 06:22 PM
But I wouldn't know the first thing about grouper fishing in the gulf.

all u have to do is find them. then u put just about anything on a hook and drop it down to the bottom. not a whole lot to it...

calmrage
08-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Cape Harbour marina will provide free weekend docking for the tourny! Just come on in and fish the best Grouper waters in the world!

Roman529
08-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Ohhhh man I wish I could join you....I did some bass fishing a while back on Lake Gatun in Panama...had a blast. :)

Ozzy
08-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Well, there are four - six people per boat. As said, one to four people would be $475. Five people would then be $600 and six people will be $725.

OR, you can do four people per boat and have two boats or something...

Did someone say Fishing?

I would be very interested but i have one question. Since I only know the East Coast Fishing holes, who will be the expert on this one?

FinHeavenAJ
08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
calmrage -

Is this covered in the captain meeting or anything?

FinHeavenAJ
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Actually, Ozzy, we'll provide a charter captain.

calmrage
08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Did someone say Fishing?

I would be very interested but i have one question. Since I only know the East Coast Fishing holes, who will be the expert on this one?

We could get ya some help from an experienced Capt.

welderpat
08-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey A.J. I'm in what do we do now?

welderpat
08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
http://www.greaton.com/swordfish

Caught that little guy a few years back. Fought it most the night. When we finally got it up to the boat, it was foul hooked, in the tail! Then the hook falls right out. Luckily it had died after the 4 hour fight.

http://www.greaton.com/fishing (good wahoo/sailfish photos)

I absolutely LOVE to fish. In addition to Dolphins games, one of the best things South Florida offers.

I'm going to check my calender, and get back to you.

AJ, how many anglers will you take out on the Finheaven boat??

Come on dude screw the calender and get on the boat already.We could realy use youre experience.

:D :D :D

FinHeavenAJ
08-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Awesome! So we have inFins, fin-atic, and welderpat. One more person and we have a boat! w00t!

Come on Ozzy! Come on greatwade!

snook
08-04-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm interested!
I love Grouper Fishing!
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FinHeavenAJ
08-04-2005, 01:37 AM
So.... does that make four people... snook?

snook
08-04-2005, 01:46 AM
I don't see why not, but let me tell you for sure after I check with the wife, just to make sure we don't have any plans on that date.

I also send this post to a friend of mine, who is off coarse a big Fins fan, but is a charter boat captain in the area.
I would like to see if he is interested.
I am sure if I say his name, calmrage will know him ;)

If it was further south, I would have us covered, but he know this are better.

inFINSible
08-04-2005, 07:59 AM
I have credentials also.....

welderpat
08-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I have credentials also.....

That will work.
Nice "T" top on youre boat there thats what I do for a living.

inFINSible
08-04-2005, 08:14 AM
That will work.
Nice "T" top on youre boat there thats what I do for a living.
That's a friends boat but, I have one on mine too.
My brother and the guy he works for do iron work (when he's off duty from the fire department) and they bought a tube bender so that they could make T-Tops for our boats.....Man, they did a sweeeet job on mine.....it is friggen nice....with the dry box and all, it probably would have been at least 2 grand but doing it ourselves, we have about 900 bucks into it and i couldn't be happier with it.

BTW, I have a friend in Stuart, how'd you fare last year with the hurricanes?...his place took a beating....

spydertl79
08-04-2005, 12:14 PM

I do, but I can't drive that far to be in it.

fin-atic
08-04-2005, 07:52 PM
This is going to be great. Me and Infins and Welderpat (who is my brother by the way) slaying lunker grouper all in the name of finheaven!!

AJ are there restrictions on drinking beer etc.? What do we do next?

By the way for all who don't know, me and infinsible are long time board members who almost always disagree to the point of arguing and probably go too far. However, we have sent PMs and made the peace and are looking forward to a great time.

It just proves that you can only get SO serious about all of this stuff, and then you have to let it go when it comes to reality and people.

Darin, I am looking forward to meeting you in person. Welderpat and I are buying the beer if it is allowed.

-Matt

FinHeavenAJ
08-04-2005, 08:04 PM
We still need one more person though... we currently have three :(

john00agent
08-04-2005, 08:07 PM

Very Interested! Need to check out the schedule though......

Heres a few reds out of St pete:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/john00agent

john00agent
08-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Since we are on the subject, anyone here post on Florida Sportsman?

Also, if anyone here in Tampa ever wants to head out for some grouper digging, I always have an open spot on the boat. IM if you are interested....

john00agent
08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Last years biggest Grouper was 72 lbs....... until he showed us his 96 pounder!

A Black?

john00agent
08-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I do, but I can't drive that far to be in it.

Carpool?

welderpat
08-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Since we are on the subject, anyone here post on Florida Sportsman?

Also, if anyone here in Tampa ever wants to head out for some grouper digging, I always have an open spot on the boat. IM if you are interested....

I don't post there but I know Blair Wickstrom He is as good of a guy as they get.

welderpat
08-04-2005, 09:01 PM

Hy A.J. you come fish with us and I will cover youre ticket. I have had enough enjoment out of youre sight to feel like I am still way ahead.
If you can't make it we do not have to have four people we can cover the boat and so forth. You put us in for the boat and we will cover the $$$$ if no one else sighns on.
If you build it they will come.
If you could post some info about the boat we will be on as soon as you know I would apreceate it (I've worked on boats for twenty years)

:shark:

FinsFan74
08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Members:

FinHeaven & Co is partnering with the Southwest Florida Grouper Grab Fishing Tournament and the Lee County Chapter of The Buoniconti Fund.

I would like to put together one or two teams for the 6th Annual Southwest Florida Grouper Grab Fishing Tournament. The cost is $475 per boat for FOUR people ($118.75/person). After four people, we can add an additional boat or make the boat six people for $125 for person 5 and 6.

Entry fee includes: *Entry into Grouper Grab Tournament, *Captains' meeting at RumRummer's Resturant @ Cape Harbour , *Weigh-in function at Venture Out Trading Company dock next to Cape Harbour Boat House, *Awards Dinner/Banquet in Boat House @ Cape Harbour, Food sponsored by Cape Crab and Steakhouse, *Tournament T-shirt,*Tournament Hat, *Tournament Sponsor bucket.

A BOAT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE FINHEAVEN TEAM!

PRIZES
TOTAL WEIGHT = 1st Place - $5000.00
2nd Place - $3000.00
3rd Place $2000.00
4th Place $750.00
5th Place $500.00

HEAVIEST GROUPER = RED - $750.00
Black - $750.00
GAG - $750.00
MYSTERY FISH - $500.00

HEAVIEST GROUPER WOMAN CATEGORY - $350.00
HEAVIEST GROUPER YOUTH CATEGORY - Trophy
HEAVIEST GROUPER SMALL FRY CATEGORY - Trophy

Tournament Scoring: Is based on "Total Weight" of 3 grouper per boat: (22 inch minimum).

Elegible Species: Black, Red & Gag Grouper. Grouper weighed for tournament will become property of tournament and used for banquet dinner.

Raffle tickets will be sold for a variety of impressive items, with the proceeds being donated to the Lee County Chapter of The Buoniconti Fund, which is in search of a cure for paralysis.

If you are interested, please post here and email me at webmaster@finheaven.com.

The FinHeaven Team must be put together no later than August 17th, 2005.

For more information, please view this website: http://www.groupergrab.com/

Any funds raised from the FinHeaven Team will go straight to the Tournament and the Buoniconti Fund.

If you have any questions, please post here.

-------------------

SCHEDULE of EVENTS Friday, August 19, 2005 @ 7:00 PM - Captains' meeting at RumRunner's Resturant @ Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, all tournament team members are welcome. (Tournament Captains' Packets will be handed out and the Rules will be reviewed.)

Saturday, August 20, 2005 @ 7:00 AM - Fishing tournament begins at 7:00 AM with shotgun start, Check-In Start Boat will be located off Sanibel Fishing Pier, from 6:00 AM until 8:00 AM (all boats must check-in prior to fishing); Fishing Tournament ends at 5:00 PM; Weigh-in will begin at 3:00 PM; weigh-in will take place at Venture Out Trading Company dock in the Cape Harbour).

Sunday, August 21, 2005, 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Tournament Dinner/Banquet & Awards will be held in the Cape Harbour Boat House
Cape Crab & Steakhouse will be serving dinner for tournament participants and guests.

5:30 PM - Tournament Awards will be presented and the Raffle segment will begin.
Damn....if I was down there, I would do it in a heartbeat!

calmrage
08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
A Black?

Yeah, it was huge!

FinHeavenAJ
08-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Someone just emailed me saying that they should be able to get in. I'm tryin to get the username.

As for me... I don't think I can make it because of class orientation, work, etc. Sorry guys... but I'm makin sure that FinHeaven's presence will be there in many ways!

john00agent
08-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Someone just emailed me saying that they should be able to get in. I'm tryin to get the username.

As for me... I don't think I can make it because of class orientation, work, etc. Sorry guys... but I'm makin sure that FinHeaven's presence will be there in many ways!

that was me. I thought you would have figured it out by my email address.... haha

I am pumped!

Ozzy
08-05-2005, 02:43 AM

I would hate to commit then not be able to go. If the boat has 4, then great, if not by next week I will know, and if so, be glad to go fishing.

inFINSible
08-05-2005, 12:37 PM
This is going to be great. Me and Infins and Welderpat (who is my brother by the way) slaying lunker grouper all in the name of finheaven!!

AJ are there restrictions on drinking beer etc.? What do we do next?

By the way for all who don't know, me and infinsible are long time board members who almost always disagree to the point of arguing and probably go too far. However, we have sent PMs and made the peace and are looking forward to a great time.

It just proves that you can only get SO serious about all of this stuff, and then you have to let it go when it comes to reality and people.

Darin, I am looking forward to meeting you in person. Welderpat and I are buying the beer if it is allowed.

-Matt

Can't wait, man....This is going to be an awesome weekend.

I have a fourth person if we can't get another FinHeavener.....You've met him AJ....he was the English guy, Gio, that was with me at the draft party....he fishes every day, and he's DYING to do this.....I told him I'd try to get him in but, I didn't promise anything....

I'll get him to register and he can be "official"....I am taking him to the Denver game....., it's going to be his first American football game....I hope it's loud and rowdy because I'm sick and tired of hearing about all the poncy little songs they sing and how much more fun it is to be at a soccer game....:lol:

FinHeavenAJ
08-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Alright, I'm moving this here for right now since we have four people :cool:

This is freakin awesome. Let me contact someone to see what the next step would be...

inFINSible
08-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Can we make the boat 5 or 6 people??

FinHeavenAJ
08-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Absolutely.

inFINSible
08-12-2005, 03:28 PM
AJ what's up..... when and where do we send the money for this thing??

FinHeavenAJ
08-15-2005, 12:27 PM
ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT WAS INTERESTED!

Please email webmaster@finheaven.com with the following information ASAP. The captains meeting is THIS FRIDAY.

Name, address (street, city, state, zip), phone, and shirt size. If you dont mind being the captain, please let me know.

I will fax all information to the Grouper Grab tournament ASAP. I will remain in contact with the captain and angelers through the week to try and make sure everything goes well.

During the captain meeting is when all monies must be paid.

Thank you for your interest. Once again, please let me know as quickly as possible!

Sincerely,
AJ