PDA

View Full Version : FF question!!!

dolfan_101
08-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I have the fifth pick in a 12 person league, i know that for sure Manning is gone, but that is it. Do i take the next great QB or RB??? This is my first year in FF and i need some beginers luck, plus a little advice. Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

DonShula84
08-02-2005, 04:06 AM
I have the fifth pick in a 12 person league, i know that for sure Manning is gone, but that is it. Do i take the next great QB or RB??? This is my first year in FF and i need some beginers luck, plus a little advice. Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

After Manning I wouldnt take a QB in the first round. Especially not in the first half of the first round. Take the best RB available at 5.

Slappy8800
08-02-2005, 04:33 AM
RB' sput up more points...a decent qb can be found in later rounds where it will be harder to get a solid rb

dolfan_101
08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys :up:

Amars
08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
the 5 slot in round 2 choose Culppepper. He has similiar stats to manning except for the TD of course.

dolfan_101
08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
the 5 slot in round 2 choose Culppepper. He has similiar stats to manning except for the TD of course.

U think he will be there??? The way the draft works is that it goes to 12 then 12 goes again and back down.

RunRonnieRun
08-03-2005, 11:25 PM
First, Culpepper outscored Manning in the conventional fantasy format last season with his rushing yards and rushing td's.

And as for a good plan, I am in my 4th year of fantasy, with 2 teams each season. I have amde the playoffs every season but one, and won two titles.

Thats 8 teams. 7 playoff births. 2 titles. Not to brag, lol.

Anyway, I ALWAYS....under ALL circumstances, no matter what, draft RB,RB,WR,WR in the first 4 rounds...you can find a QB later on. And the drop off isant near as bad at QB as WR or RB. Many more tiers in rb/wr. Thats just my opinion.

CharlestonPhan
08-04-2005, 12:04 AM
also, if you have a buddy in the league, see if you can get a copy of last years draft... our commish types it into excel as we draft and emails it to everyone. that can tell you tendencies of other owners, and help you strategize.