PDA

View Full Version : how come...

Slappy8800
08-04-2005, 01:53 AM
when an athlete does well, they thank jesus and stuf.....but when they mess up they arent like...well its not my fault, jesus didnt help me...or....jesus sucks....you know what im talkin bout.....

Jt0323
08-04-2005, 01:56 AM
I never heard an athlete say "jesus didnt help me" nor did i here any one say that "jesus sucks"...

Slappy8800
08-04-2005, 02:00 AM
thats my point...why do they praise jesus when they do well but when they dont its not jesus' fault....i dont get it!

Jt0323
08-04-2005, 02:09 AM
thats my point...why do they praise jesus when they do well but when they dont its not jesus' fault....i dont get it!

o i miss read ur first post sorry...i guesse they dont want to get critized for using his name in vain...also they know its his fault...

King Nate
08-04-2005, 02:14 AM

Slappy, I have always wondered that myself. Thank you. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

Prime Time
08-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Because when good things happen depending on how the player was brought up he will thank God/Jesus.

Pagan
08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
That's an old comedy routine. I forgot who did it....

"Whenever an athlete wins, he thanks Jesus. 'Jesus watched over me and allowed me to score.'

What, Jesus doesn't like the other team? And how come you never hear an athlete say, 'Well....we would have won the game, but JESUS made me fumble!'"

:lol:

Noodle Arm
08-04-2005, 10:23 AM
This observation would make a great scene in Family Guy:

Football Announcer: "The running back has the ball. This could win the game. He's at the 40...30...20...10!.."

running backs leg mysteriously snaps and he falls to the ground.

Announcer: "Oh and he's fumbled the ball at the 1 yard line. Game over!"

Football Player: *holding leg and crying* "Jesus...whhhhyyyy??!!"

Cut to shot of Jesus sitting in the stands holding a voodoo doll..with an evil grin on his face...wearing the other teams jersey. *cue ominous string music*

Pagan
08-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Anyone watch Rescue Me?

Jesus was playing shortstop in their softball game this week during one of Denis Leary's frequent hallucinations.

Turned a NICE double play! :lol:

Slappy8800
08-04-2005, 09:12 PM
haha i dont remember taht family guy!

TerryTate
08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
George Carlin originally talked about the "jesus in sports" thing...

Trackstar
08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
To tell you the truth, when an athlete truly is thankful for how he has performed usually accepts failure as God's plan after a terrible performance.

Of coarse there are those people who thank God when they perform well even if they don't mean it. But the athletes that really feel blessed and believe in him will thank Jesus during victory and quietly trust him in defeat.

Jt0323
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Anyone watch Rescue Me?

Jesus was playing shortstop in their siftball game this week during one of Denis Leary's frequent hallucinations.

Turned a NICE double play! :lol:

i saw that...what a great show!

elandre
08-04-2005, 10:51 PM
This observation would make a great scene in Family Guy:

Football Announcer: "The running back has the ball. This could win the game. He's at the 40...30...20...10!.."

running backs leg mysteriously snaps and he falls to the ground.

Announcer: "Oh and he's fumbled the ball at the 1 yard line. Game over!"

Football Player: *holding leg and crying* "Jesus...whhhhyyyy??!!"

Cut to shot of Jesus sitting in the stands holding a voodoo doll..with an evil grin on his face...wearing the other teams jersey. *cue ominous string music*
hahhaha i agree with u that sounds pritty funny

Terror
08-05-2005, 08:15 AM
To tell you the truth, when an athlete truly is thankful for how he has performed usually accepts failure as God's plan after a terrible performance.

Of coarse there are those people who thank God when they perform well even if they don't mean it. But the athletes that really feel blessed and believe in him will thank Jesus during victory and quietly trust him in defeat.

I think we all need to understand that God is not making you do anything. God KNOWS what you are going to do, but its you that is doing it. I am religious and believe in God, but its not like God is some dude with a voodoo doll that sits there choosing what you do, no thats not it. Trackstar, I think youve had the best explanation yet it seems.

Trackstar
08-05-2005, 09:11 AM
I think we all need to understand that God is not making you do anything. God KNOWS what you are going to do, but its you that is doing it. I am religious and believe in God, but its not like God is some dude with a voodoo doll that sits there choosing what you do, no thats not it. Trackstar, I think youve had the best explanation yet it seems.

Thanks man. :)

ohall
08-05-2005, 09:16 AM
when an athlete does well, they thank jesus and stuf.....but when they mess up they arent like...well its not my fault, jesus didnt help me...or....jesus sucks....you know what im talkin bout.....

Because as humans we do not celebrate the negative we celebrate the positive.

1crazy_finfan
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM

:yeahthat: Couldn't have said it better myself!!! :woot:

chrome4
08-06-2005, 12:54 PM

Agreed.

byroan
08-06-2005, 01:00 PM

Good post. But I think it would be funny to see a player in a news conference just come out and say "It's God's fault!".

Predaphin
08-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I never heard an athlete say "jesus didnt help me" nor did i here any one say that "jesus sucks"...

me neither

Roman529
08-06-2005, 04:46 PM
My pet peeve: listen to how many times pro atheltes say, "You know what I mean," after they answer a question....some NBA players say it at least 15 times in a row. Wasssupwitdat???? :confused:

arizphinfan
08-07-2005, 12:49 AM

I agree with you Trackstar

Trackstar
08-07-2005, 09:52 AM
I've never had so many people agree with me on this message board.

Thanks guys and gals. :)

Muck
08-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Trackstar is very wise when it comes to spirituality. I knew he would end up settling this thread. :yes:

Slappy8800
08-08-2005, 01:59 PM
who was talking about sprituality?