PDA

View Full Version : Online Seasons Madden '06

TrueDolFan
08-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Does anybody know if Madden '06 will have online seasons like ESPN NFL2K5 did last year? It was all done in-game. ESPN had it so you could be in a league with 31 other guys, play a full season of football, and it would automatically track the stats for you. You could follow most of the stuff in the in-game league lobby, but ESPN also had a website that you could go to, and there you could find out everything you could possibly imagine about your league.
I think in Madden last year, this kind of thing was not available in-game. To my knowledge, you had to find a website for a league, play your game, and then report your stats after you finished playing (what a GAY way of playing a season). Correct me if I'm wrong.
I am hoping that this year's Madden (which I feel like I am being FORCED to buy :fire: ) has an online season feature similar to ESPN's last year.

bryancox51fan
08-05-2005, 05:44 PM
I posed the same question a while back and no one responded. And 2k5 had a great online season, they better too, those *******s.:fire:

Deus Ex Dolphin
08-05-2005, 06:53 PM
I'd like to give you guys a link or something, but I'm going by memory here on what I read over at the Operationsports.com website.

It was some thread complaining that EA had done little to nothing to improve the online play of Madden 06.

No challenges online, no trades in online leagues, etc.

I was in an ESPN league -got stuck with the Bengals just before the last roster update where they finally got some love, and it was cool to be able to trade away Palmer (kept Kitna at QB) for a decent CB. Finished 7-9 or 8-8 if I recall correctly.

Going to the website and checking stats, recap of games, and being able to write a summary of how things went down was very cool. Loved not having to write any stats and e-mail them to somebody -it was all done automatically. :D

Maybe the Xbox 360 version of Madden will have better online support?