PDA

View Full Version : Madden IGN Review

Jt0323
08-06-2005, 02:12 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/639/639607p1.html

IGN gave madden 8.8 review...

imo the review was horrible, alot of spelling mistakes, i know im not the best speller but someone who is a professional journalist should be good with that, imo the review was sloppy

Deus Ex Dolphin
08-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Spelling and punctuation aside? The review on Madden 2006 was mixed. The guy felt EA had done less to improve the game than in years past. He felt "flashlight" passing was a mixed bag as the main new feature, and predicted it would NOT be in future versions of the game.

I'd hope that EA was putting more effort into the Xbox 360 version of Madden, and just let this years PS2 and Xbox versions slide a bit. I guess we will know in a couple of months.

This was what I feared when EA got the NFL exclusive though. They let up on improvements in the game, knowing they have no competition anyway. The 2007 version will really show if Madden will be improved, or if EA will just ride the NFL license for the next five years.

Dudeman
08-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Spelling and punctuation aside? The review on Madden 2006 was mixed. The guy felt EA had done less to improve the game than in years past. He felt "flashlight" passing was a mixed bag as the main new feature, and predicted it would NOT be in future versions of the game.

I'd hope that EA was putting more effort into the Xbox 360 version of Madden, and just let this years PS2 and Xbox versions slide a bit. I guess we will know in a couple of months.

This was what I feared when EA got the NFL exclusive though. They let up on improvements in the game, knowing they have no competition anyway. The 2007 version will really show if Madden will be improved, or if EA will just ride the NFL license for the next five years.

well, Madden 2007 will have full use of the ESPN license....take 2 still owns it till Jan 1st....I read in a couple interviews that next years Madden will basically be exactly like an ESPN broadcast in terms of presentation, camera angles, etc

there is also a completely seperate team working on the 360 version. The guys who did the Xbox and PS2 versions have nothing to do with it.

I'm getting the Xbox version now, but I'm DEFINITELY getting the 360 version for Xmas

Adam First
08-07-2005, 10:29 AM
This guy fails at rating video games. :rofl3: