PDA

View Full Version : First things you will do in your Franchise?!

Prime Time
08-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Me. Well I'll start and

-Sign G Middleton
-Sign FS...Brock Marion (Forget Lance)
-Sign SS...Brian Walker
-Trade for CB..Pat Surtain
-Trade for Young "Next Dynasty" QB...Mike McMahon or Drew Brees
-Create Ricky Williams and sign him
-Create Tim Bowens and maybe sign him.

:D

What about you guys?

Adam First
08-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Get The Roster Update :D

leinart06
08-07-2005, 11:57 AM
update the roster trade for brunell then play a season trade ricky and booker draft leinart and reggie bush

Prime Time
08-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Update the roster..that won't be available probably until 3rd week of Preseason.

Also I might trade for FB Rob Konrad :D

Mitchy71
08-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Not sure how the "Superstar" mode works into Franchise mode yet but....

I will input my Heisman Trophy winning Daniel Marino (had to make him 3 years older and added on 3" and 40 lbs) from NCAA 2006 and groom him to be our new superstar QB.

Other then that, I limit myself to one trade per season, other then making the correct Roster changes to update the FA market.

Oh yeah. And cut almost every draft pick Wanny had a hand in choosing. The years of 2001, 2002 and 2003 were awful. Except for Chambers in 2001, Randy in 2002 and (arguably) Taylor Whitley in 2003 they have all been busts. So those three can stay. Although Bell is impressing in TC, but with Jones and Schulters, I am sure i can change one to a different position.

Dolfan984
08-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Not sure how the "Superstar" mode works into Franchise mode yet but....

I will input my Heisman Trophy winning Daniel Marino (had to make him 3 years older and added on 3" and 40 lbs) from NCAA 2006 and groom him to be our new superstar QB.

Other then that, I limit myself to one trade per season, other then making the correct Roster changes to update the FA market.

Oh yeah. And cut almost every draft pick Wanny had a hand in choosing. The years of 2001, 2002 and 2003 were awful. Except for Chambers in 2001, Randy in 2002 and (arguably) Taylor Whitley in 2003 they have all been busts. So those three can stay. Although Bell is impressing in TC, but with Jones and Schulters, I am sure i can change one to a different position.

Did you say Whitley wasn't a bust? You sure you didn't mean Hadnot? ;p

Mitchy71
08-07-2005, 07:30 PM
Did you say Whitley wasn't a bust? You sure you didn't mean Hadnot? ;p

Yeah. Sorry. My bad. Hadnot is showing some promise.

PhinSoldia
08-07-2005, 08:37 PM
well on my franchise i would start ricky and build him up for trade bait.

AJ will stay till he retired and he WILL retire a NFL Icon...

PhinSoldia
08-07-2005, 08:38 PM
my first draft will be a corner

kastofsna120
08-07-2005, 11:58 PM
heh after a while i usually get tired of the game aspect and just stick to managing the team

DonShula84
08-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I will update the roster when it comes out. But I dont make trades or change the team around until free agency

34dontlosethat#
08-08-2005, 03:03 AM
You guys should make Welkers speed 93-94

Dolfan984
08-08-2005, 03:50 AM
You guys should make Welkers speed 93-94

I think 89-90 max would be more appropriate with his top speed.

34dontlosethat#
08-08-2005, 03:51 AM
I think 89-90 max would be more appropriate with his top speed.

Do you know his 40?

arsenal
08-08-2005, 08:28 AM
man im not gona do a franchise yet till we know our roster and can get updates from online... so ima do the superstar mode first and play with whoever i end up on then from there when updates are available i'll play with the dolphins...

Phinz1972
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Update the roster..that won't be available probably until 3rd week of Preseason.

Also I might trade for FB Rob Konrad :D

If you update the roster, you can't get Rob Konrad since the update will have him retired.

Motion
08-08-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm waiting for the update before I start a franchise. Until then, I'll be importing Chris Leak into Superstar Mode.

TrueDolFan
08-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm not going to play a season unless I can do it online against 31 other HUMAN opponents. If not, I guess I'll just play online games one at a time. Playing the CPU is GAY!

Prime Time
08-08-2005, 06:33 PM
If you update the roster, you can't get Rob Konrad since the update will have him retired.

No I meant to tell him that the Roster Update probably will not come out till 3rd Week of PS.

footballer
08-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Me. Well I'll start and

-Sign G Middleton
-Sign FS...Brock Marion (Forget Lance)
-Sign SS...Brian Walker
-Trade for CB..Pat Surtain
-Trade for Young "Next Dynasty" QB...Mike McMahon or Drew Brees
-Create Ricky Williams and sign him
-Create Tim Bowens and maybe sign him.

:D

What about you guys?
yo man, why dont you just save your fifty dollars, and play last years game(Madden2005)?

Mitchy71
08-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Superstar mode sucks. IMHO.

YOu can play it sure. Daniel Marino (the twice I tried) got drafted by Oakland first and then the Jets. Can you imagine, the Jets. I played until training camp. It sucked ***. Interviews are a no brainer (A) it was an honor to be drafted B) You guys are lucky to have me C) How can you afford to pay me is an example of your three choices in one interview. If you wanted to succede, which would you pick.

Screw Superstar and stick to franchise. Ronnie rocks ( but watch the madden training camp drill, in all madden under rushing attack 1 blocker 4 people attacking!!!) and, finally, Zach is the rated in the top three MLB;s of the game. JT fell too the top 6 but still, I like our team.

After I modified the roster to reflect our O line changes, and signed Schulters, we are ranked an 85 overall. Equivalent with the Falcons. GO AQUA!!!

Prime Time
08-08-2005, 11:28 PM
yo man, why dont you just save your fifty dollars, and play last years game(Madden2005)?

Because its my Franchise and I can do whatever I want with it.

Wildbill3
08-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Upgrade Hadnot and Carey, correct place the current starters, probably upgrade one of the Qbs, (whichever one I am not pissed at during the season) upgrade Boston to last years stats, same for booker, and make the ACC on welker pretty high.

dolfan_101
08-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Can you guys explain how to trade, i have never got how to do it.

Scrap
08-09-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm not going to play a season unless I can do it online against 31 other HUMAN opponents. If not, I guess I'll just play online games one at a time. Playing the CPU is GAY!I've always heard that playing online is unrealistic, due to the stupid play calls some people make. Any truth to that?

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Depends on who you play. You may play people that play like what they see on TV and there are people who only care about wins and will play cheaply to do so.

Prime
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Well what i did was i signed Schulters and Middleton. They both cost ya some big money because i did have almost 6 million left, now i have like 1 million.

PhinsPhan
08-09-2005, 06:06 PM
All i wished they would fix is the stupid salary cap that increases 3x as much as it should every year, the DB inability to adjust and bat down a ball. Constant pocket movers (semi fixed with the qb cone). Improve on the create a stadium mode. Then add in some new animations (done) and add in a whole list of maybe 10,000 maddenisms (or take them out all together). Can anyone who has played the game yet tell me if any of these are fixed?

UCFinfan86
08-09-2005, 06:38 PM
All i wished they would fix is the stupid salary cap that increases 3x as much as it should every year, the DB inability to adjust and bat down a ball. Constant pocket movers (semi fixed with the qb cone). Improve on the create a stadium mode. Then add in some new animations (done) and add in a whole list of maybe 10,000 maddenisms (or take them out all together). Can anyone who has played the game yet tell me if any of these are fixed?

Tackling animations are alot better, thers alot of variety. When i play CB i go for the pick not the swat and its good, its not like NCAA where they don't jump they jump pretty good. Salary cap still sucks. U have to stay in the pocket behind your blockers b/c it takes longer to get the ball out so u need the proteciton, b/c when a guy is near u in 05 u can just wing it but now it takes liek 2 seconds to aim to the guy and throw it.