PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft?

DeeAy3000
08-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Anyone play WoW?

SirDrums
08-08-2005, 07:02 PM
i just bought it this weekend. Be warned, its very addictive! I like it a lot, though it has only been a few days.

kastofsna120
08-08-2005, 07:08 PM
nope

Dolphincanesfan
08-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I do, im on the Dunemaul server, level 60 hunter named Bokrim

ScottishFin
08-10-2005, 07:45 AM
bunch of orc shaggers and dwarf molesters if you ask me :D

Good for the first few weeks then very very repetitive once you get above a certain level. And once you get to LVL 60 , bored out yer tree.

For a long term game (and i mean at least a years worth of play time) go and play EVE Online , IMO the best MMO game out there. Very steep learning curve but sure as hell my fav game ever.

FinsNCanes
08-10-2005, 12:10 PM
I thought about it cause I played Warcraft but from what I understand it takes a lot of time to level/get into battlegrounds.

I also heard battlegrounds isn't very good. Don't know though. I'm waiting for Socom 3. I don't have the time or patience for those games anymore.

AggieFin21
08-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Yup, I'm on Darkspear and Dark Iron if you are interested.

finfansince72
08-16-2005, 03:54 AM
I play have a 59 warlock on durotan server. I havent gotten bored, Im in a decent guild and we do quests and I do pickup groups all the time. Good stuff.

AtticusFinz
08-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Stormscale 60 Warrior

XxFiN FaNxX
10-31-2005, 10:38 PM
anyone still playing this? i dont really kno ppl who do and im lookin for a new server to start a new char

frady2001
11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
ya, eve is easily the best MMO out there. been playing over a year and still learning the game.

Jimi
11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Back in the day i played Starcraft. Anyone know if theres a large amount of people still playing it?

Phin-o-rama
12-30-2005, 02:03 PM
bump

lvl 58 shaman on Spinebreaker server....anyone still pllaying?

this game rules...i love the world PVP in it....i love ganking lowbie allies

DwayneWade
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM
53 hunter in Stormreaver, his name is Trespasser. I also play Warsong if any of you play but mostly Stormreaver.

finfansince72
12-31-2005, 05:47 AM
I still play, the PVP is what is keeping my interest I love the battlegrounds. Ganking people with my 60warlock is a ton of fun. The regular grinding is a little tiresome after awhile but some of the higher end grouping is fun. Its got a expansion coming out next year which should add some more excitement to it.

DwayneWade
12-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Man where should I level my 52 hunter? I want him 60 already!

Joe Flipper
01-01-2006, 08:30 PM
I love the game...

Level 60 troll rogue
level 60 undead priest

both on kilrogg server !

GO HORDE

Bruzer
01-01-2006, 08:45 PM
It looks like great game I'm trying the trial from fileplanet out next week. Im more of a first person shooter myself.

VanDolPhan
01-03-2006, 03:23 AM
57 human priest, 56 nightelf rogue and 54 human paladin over on Bloodhoof.

Phin-o-rama
01-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Man where should I level my 52 hunter? I want him 60 already!

go to winterspring

finfansince72
01-04-2006, 03:33 AM
go to winterspring

felwood, plaguelands some good sites for quest walkthroughs and maps, worldofwarcraft.net and thottbot.com

finattic79
01-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Got 60 warlock on Garona, been playing for over a yr. If anyone else on there look me up :)

Minvardar
01-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Yeah I play on the Blackhand server. Have a 60 Night-Elf hunter named Minvardar and a 60 Tauren hunter named Minvarda. Love the game. I used to raid alot when I played EQ for 5 years but with the kids I only have time to play when I can (after kids bed time). Switched to WOW because it was solo friendly. So far I have not gotten bored of it yet. Trying to get rep in the battlegrounds for items keeps me going strong.

If anyone wants to start a character up on Blackhand I can give you some gold and take you through some instances as you level. One of my friends at work plays there as well and is a huge Dolphins fan to boot. I am always sending him Tom Brady links. Lol, he hates it.

Phinz420
01-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah I play on the Blackhand server. Have a 60 Night-Elf hunter named Minvardar and a 60 Tauren hunter named Minvarda. Love the game. I used to raid alot when I played EQ for 5 years but with the kids I only have time to play when I can (after kids bed time). Switched to WOW because it was solo friendly. So far I have not gotten bored of it yet. Trying to get rep in the battlegrounds for items keeps me going strong.

I played EQ on and off starting back in 2000. I never moved to WoW because some friends of mine did and it seems EQ still has the best depth for raiding(in their opinions). However, I always played soloable characters. My main on EQ is a 70 Druid. (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=399575)

The origional creators of EQ(Brad McQuaid) are making Vanguard : Saga of Heroes. (http://www.vanguardsoh.com/) This game should be pretty good because IMO, EQ went way downhill once the main crew was gone.

The origional Anarchy Online guys are working on an adult themed Conan MMORPG (www.ageofconan.com) that looks amazing. They are putting huge some unique ideas into an ever-growing stale genre.

WoW seems to take advantage on alot of the things that made EQ succeed with adding their own flavor to it. However, I think Blizzard will soon run into the same issues that plagued EQ(and Ultima Online) once it attempted to be a long-standing MMO. Which is outdated graphics as well as other software issues. Once you start to get alot of code into a game like this it becomes more complicated over time to make the exact changes you want to. That said I know WoW will be a great game for years to come, however there is some new blood coming into the market soon that will definatly catch alot of MMO players attention.

Minvardar
01-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I played EQ on and off starting back in 2000. I never moved to WoW because some friends of mine did and it seems EQ still has the best depth for raiding(in their opinions). However, I always played soloable characters. My main on EQ is a 70 Druid. (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=399575)

The origional creators of EQ(Brad McQuaid) are making Vanguard : Saga of Heroes. (http://www.vanguardsoh.com/) This game should be pretty good because IMO, EQ went way downhill once the main crew was gone.

The origional Anarchy Online guys are working on an adult themed Conan MMORPG (http://www.ageofconan.com/) that looks amazing. They are putting huge some unique ideas into an ever-growing stale genre.

WoW seems to take advantage on alot of the things that made EQ succeed with adding their own flavor to it. However, I think Blizzard will soon run into the same issues that plagued EQ(and Ultima Online) once it attempted to be a long-standing MMO. Which is outdated graphics as well as other software issues. Once you start to get alot of code into a game like this it becomes more complicated over time to make the exact changes you want to. That said I know WoW will be a great game for years to come, however there is some new blood coming into the market soon that will definatly catch alot of MMO players attention.

Yeah for raiding content EQ would be the wiser choice. I raided for about 4 years and while it was a blast I finally got tired of having the best item for a particular slot and having it be outdated in 1 month. In the old EQ days the cloak of flames for example was valuable for main characters for 2 years. I mean stuff is having like what 350 hp's on it now? Amazing when I remember I was happy to have an item with 20 hp's on it in the old days.

But I guess the progression speeds up after time as people want more and more content. Again I mainly switched because WOW was solo friendly and it does not take alot of time to level up. I left behind a 67 Ranger on Tunare server. He is parked in sebilis and ready to kill more frogs! I looked at your profile and saw you had a mistwalker. That original or prenerf?

Anyway I imagine I will try Vanguard. I applied for beta but have not heard anything as of yet. With Brad McQuaid having free reign there it should be a good game.

Phinz420
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I left behind a 67 Ranger on Tunare server. He is parked in sebilis and ready to kill more frogs! I looked at your profile and saw you had a mistwalker. That original or prenerf?

Anyway I imagine I will try Vanguard. I applied for beta but have not heard anything as of yet. With Brad McQuaid having free reign there it should be a good game.

I played on the 'Eci server for years untill a recent merger where it put Eci and Tunare together. On my profile, you must have been referring to the first druid epic scimitar. I never obtained the mistwalker, but i sure wish I had.

I last played eq back in september, Im not sure if ill go back or not. I raid alot and I was getting kinda sick and tired of the whining alot of people would do online.

I hope vanguard is moving along well, its release date is supposed to be this year. The engine its using is the Unreal Engine, so far it looks pretty damn good.

FinsNCanes
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
If you never played Ultima Onilne you completely missed out on what real skill and raiding was about :D

Dolphin1184
01-15-2006, 02:21 PM
It looks like great game I'm trying the trial from fileplanet out next week. Im more of a first person shooter myself.

Have you played Planetside then?

Phinz420
01-15-2006, 03:04 PM
If you never played Ultima Onilne you completely missed out on what real skill and raiding was about :D

Lol UO was filled with hackers from the get go. It was a playground for them. Not to mention even back in 99 playing a non-3d game was retro :tongue:

mor911
01-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Lol UO was filled with hackers from the get go. It was a playground for them. Not to mention even back in 99 playing a non-3d game was retro :tongue:
Two questions.

1. What the hell is wrong with non-3D games?

2. When the hell did non-3D games become "retro"?

I honestly think that the push to make everything 3D has lowered the quality of games. Think about it. Castlevania, 2D or 3D? The 2D Castlevania games are far superior to their 3D counterparts. The Castlevania games for the GBA is better that the spectacular 3D Castlevanias for PS2 and Xbox. Why? Because putting a game in polygons doesn't make it good.

Developers need to stop being scared of making new 2D games. Another good example would have been Metroid. Now granted, the Prime series wasn't bad... But not as good as the 2D metroid games.

:D

Phinz420
01-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Two questions.

1. What the hell is wrong with non-3D games?

2. When the hell did non-3D games become "retro"?

I honestly think that the push to make everything 3D has lowered the quality of games. Think about it. Castlevania, 2D or 3D? The 2D Castlevania games are far superior to their 3D counterparts. The Castlevania games for the GBA is better that the spectacular 3D Castlevanias for PS2 and Xbox. Why? Because putting a game in polygons doesn't make it good.

Developers need to stop being scared of making new 2D games. Another good example would have been Metroid. Now granted, the Prime series wasn't bad... But not as good as the 2D metroid games.

:D

Well, 2d games still have a market in portable devices, and because its 2d doesnt mean its a bad game at all. However, I was referring to the MMORPG market, and while Ultima Online did great, it just couldnt pull in a more "mass" market compared to the new 3d MMORPGs. UO is still around and kickin, but its got nowhere near the playerbase that EQ has enjoyed for so many years. WoW was really the only game to put a huge hit on EQ's playerbase, but even many from WoW have returned to EQ. Graphics are a big part of these games but graphics arent anything if theres no game mechanics to go with it.

mor911
01-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Well, 2d games still have a market in portable devices, and because its 2d doesnt mean its a bad game at all. However, I was referring to the MMORPG market, and while Ultima Online did great, it just couldnt pull in a more "mass" market compared to the new 3d MMORPGs. UO is still around and kickin, but its got nowhere near the playerbase that EQ has enjoyed for so many years. WoW was really the only game to put a huge hit on EQ's playerbase, but even many from WoW have returned to EQ. Graphics are a big part of these games but graphics arent anything if theres no game mechanics to go with it.
:sidelol:

oops. Didn't realize you were talking about MMOs specifically. :D

I thought you meant playing any 2D games back then were retro lol

FinsNCanes
01-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Hackers from the get go? I don't remember running into anything hacker related till speed or whatever it was came out which would make your client run faster. Only thing unfair about UO was when someone had a cable modem compared to someone with a 56k. UO was the most original MMORPG to date. You actually could roleplay and not be forced into hunting monsters all day. That's what I thought about it anyway. EQ was just for people with wayyyy to much time on their hands to kill pixelated monsters with an unbalanced PvP system.

FinsNCanes
01-15-2006, 05:39 PM

Only reason UO lost lots of it's player base was due to the rep patch and EQ. Gamers today just don't know how to have fun and actually play it as a game. People are scared of risk in games today and it's quite sad, and unfortunately we will probably never see a good PvP/risk/reward MMORPG from here on out due to that. The great thing about UO was you could die and lose all your stuff, but the flip side you could kill someone and get all their stuff. I see nothing wrong with this. Games today you lose gold...whoo...that's exciting :rolleyes:

I'm more into FPS now anyway due to the couple reasons I mentioned.

mor911
01-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Only reason UO lost lots of it's player base was due to the rep patch and EQ. Gamers today just don't know how to have fun and actually play it as a game. People are scared of risk in games today and it's quite sad, and unfortunately we will probably never see a good PvP/risk/reward MMORPG from here on out due to that. The great thing about UO was you could die and lose all your stuff, but the flip side you could kill someone and get all their stuff. I see nothing wrong with this. Games today you lose gold...whoo...that's exciting :rolleyes:

I'm more into FPS now anyway due to the couple reasons I mentioned.
Well if someone spends 3-4 months getting stuff, I don't think they'd be too happy losing it in a 5 minute fight.

Uncle Rico II
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
I play SWG and my friend is hooked on WoW. I check it out yesterday and didn't see why everyone was gaga over it. I'll probably pick it up since SWG is a ghost town now and you gotta have MM for a MMORPG. D&D online is coming out soon, but I think Lord of the Rings online looks more interesting.

FinsNCanes
01-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Well if someone spends 3-4 months getting stuff, I don't think they'd be too happy losing it in a 5 minute fight.

That was the great thing about UO. You don't spend 3 months getting stuff. You maybe spend 6 hours top waiting for a Spear of Vanquishing or something..if that. You usually killed other people and took their stuff. There was an actual real economy in this game which was great. I dunno you would have had to of played it to understand.

Dolphin1184
01-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Has anyone played Redmoon Online?