PDA

View Full Version : Prime Time Taking YOUR Madden 2006 Questions

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 12:33 AM
:) It is that time of year again. I just got Madden and will be playing it soon, If you have any questions, ask and I will try to answer ASAP.

BTW, I will be looking forward to playing some of you in the very near future.

NorthFloridaFin
08-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Is the franchise mode any deeper than it's been in the past??

Wildbill3
08-09-2005, 01:05 AM
no graphics changes right?

Prime
08-09-2005, 01:10 AM
I just got my game and i am playing it right now. The new QB thing, is kind of hard at first. I import my NCAA guy and i scored a 60 percent on my IQ. :goof:

I got drafted by the 49ers with the first pick in the second and i am a WR. Atleast i can be a big playmaker there for them.

Jt0323
08-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Can u post pic of all the alternet dolphin jeresey? also what would u rate it so far at this point

Slappy8800
08-09-2005, 01:49 AM
question...why does madden suck? its just a rehashed version of 05 with a tweaked passing game..which apparently forced EA to bump up the pric to 50 again

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Is the franchise mode any deeper than it's been in the past??

Not really. Seems the same to me so far, but I haven't gotten to experience with it too much so let me get back to you on that.

no graphics changes right?

Not that I see. One difference is instead of the same dull square for a Score Box you see every year, they made a thinner but rectangular shaped (I guess its Rectangular?) that goes all the way at the top of the screen (and doesn't interfere with passing deep or anything), and when you score it says Touchdown with a cool animation. I thought it was cool. Also, at the end of each TD they show a Drive Summary along with a picture of who scored.

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Can u post pic of all the alternet dolphin jeresey? also what would u rate it so far at this point

Let me see what I can do....Give me till the afternoon, I got to head to school.

question...why does madden suck? its just a rehashed version of 05 with a tweaked passing game..which apparently forced EA to bump up the pric to 50 again

Question...why come into a Madden Questions Thread and SPAM with that type of questions?

Fresh
08-09-2005, 03:56 PM
The QB cone is not hard at all, and I play on All Madden(no, my QB isn't good - I have Miami with Jason Campbell).

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
It isn't that hard...I agree but you can mess up alot If you aren't careful.

Jt0323
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
is it a good game? or a flop?

Scrap
08-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Question: More for others than for myself. (I'm going home to try it out in a few) If you throw outside of the cone, how bad is the pass ? Can you turn of the cone ?

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Question: More for others than for myself. (I'm going home to try it out in a few) If you throw outside of the cone, how bad is the pass ? Can you turn of the cone ?

I think you can turn it off...but I am not 100% sure on that. You can throw outside the cone, and sometimes the apss can be good, sometimes it'll be very bad. 40% chance of INT though. I threw two with Feeley in the 1st Quarter against My Brother.

This is for JT, the game is good, its Madden, not too many new things but still the best Football Sim out there. Well, hey now it is the only out there. :D

Rocky Raccoon
08-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Whos the starting QB... Feeley or Frerotte?

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Whos the starting QB... Feeley or Frerotte?

Feeley is first on the Depth Chart...

FinsNCanes
08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't even use the cone thing and still pass fine :confused:

kastofsna120
08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
The QB cone is not hard at all, and I play on All Madden(no, my QB isn't good - I have Miami with Jason Campbell).
how in the world is it possible to complete anything with campbell? very unrealistic :shakeno: :D

i preordered madden, got a message from ebgames that they shipped it yesterday. can't wait to get it

THOMAS_54
08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Is Ricky on the game?

Prime Time
08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Is Ricky on the game?

No but from what I hear he is on the online roster update.

armyfinfan
08-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Did they already do and online roster update?

Can you double team the reciever with a safety that is in zone coverage like in 2005?

Ive been trying to double a reciever and bump him so I would have a corner and safety playing tight on the reciever.

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 08:42 AM
there is a roster update available now with ricky and it saves it so you can have him online....he is a beast and ronnie is a superstar

im 5-0 online with xbox....2 fegs quit so my record says 3-0

with the dolphins everytime.

they are a MUCH better team than last year.

the game is awesome....i dont know about that passing cone, but im certainly running the ball well....i tried mixing it up by putting ronnie brown as FB, ricky as RB....eh it was ok....threw ronnie brown into a receiver slot and he had some big catches.

love it

Scrap
08-10-2005, 09:01 AM
I think you can turn it off...but I am not 100% sure on that. You can throw outside the cone, and sometimes the apss can be good, sometimes it'll be very bad. 40% chance of INT though. I threw two with Feeley in the 1st Quarter against My Brother.

This is for JT, the game is good, its Madden, not too many new things but still the best Football Sim out there. Well, hey now it is the only out there. :D

Hey Primetime,

I played it last night. Yes, you can turn it off. The beauty of it is that the cpu still uses it, so you can see where their QB is looking. (Check the game settings)

That passing cone is just too much, IMO. I'll practice it, and I may eventually use it......but not now.

Scrap
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
It's a good game. I don't agree with the 70 Will Poole rating though.

Motion
08-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Not bad, although it wouldn't let me import my draft class from NCAA into the Superstar Mode.

NYinBostonFin
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Why after all these years would you change the defensive buttons? I used x to change my guy as long as I can remember. Now it's o? Why not just tell me the enter button on the computer is now the caps lock. Sorry if I come off as an a-hole it just is really unnecessary.

byroan
08-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Why after all these years would you change the defensive buttons? I used x to change my guy as long as I can remember. Now it's o? Why not just tell me the enter button on the computer is now the caps lock. Sorry if I come off as an a-hole it just is really unnecessary.

I don't have Madden, but I read that you can change your controls to the Madden 05 version.

NYinBostonFin
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't have Madden, but I read that you can change your controls to the Madden 05 version.

I haven't tried I only played it a couple of times late last night. You probably can it is just a huge inconvenience if you sit down at your friends house and I have to change the buttons b/c Im not used to it then they change back....etc....
I am really annoyed that they changed it. I mean since ps1 it has been like this....Now it changed?

FinsNCanes
08-10-2005, 12:15 PM

You can. I'm fine with default cause I like my spring to be right next to my tackle button.

arsenal
08-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I haven't tried I only played it a couple of times late last night. You probably can it is just a huge inconvenience if you sit down at your friends house and I have to change the buttons b/c Im not used to it then they change back....etc....
I am really annoyed that they changed it. I mean since ps1 it has been like this....Now it changed?

no its real easy to change, it has preset options for the madden 2005 controls or NFL blitz controls as your picking your team, dont have to go through and set each button

washFin84
08-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Why after all these years would you change the defensive buttons? I used x to change my guy as long as I can remember. Now it's o? Why not just tell me the enter button on the computer is now the caps lock. Sorry if I come off as an a-hole it just is really unnecessary.I feel the same way. I got to remember not to switch my damn guy each time I go to hit the sprint button. :lol: They sure did pull a switcherooney on us. :lol: Just a hand full more games and we'll be alright. :D

TrueDolFan
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I saw in the online lobby that you can put together a tournament, but is there a way that you can play a season online (kinda like ESPN last year)?

FinsNCanes
08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Im confused.

My game tells me Unable to Load Roster..yet it's still there?

phillyphinphan
08-10-2005, 06:37 PM
what is is ricky's ratings???? I can't get through the roster update without losing connection with ea's servers. I'll just create him myself, can anyone help????

FinHeavenAJ
08-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Uh... how do you update Rosters with PS2?

Alright - I just got my PS2... first system since Sega :lol: I know, horrible. I haven't played Madden since 04 with a PC, completely sucked. With the PS2 it's so far awesome. Good stuff.

In any case, let me know. I'm curious.

Is there a place I can go to read tips and stuff?

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 08:23 PM

Alright - I just got my PS2... first system since Sega :lol: I know, horrible. I haven't played Madden since 04 with a PC, completely sucked. With the PS2 it's so far awesome. Good stuff.

When u go online they automaticly download it and then u can save it to your memory card... And easports.com used to have a place for tips...IGN might have it also, but its for insiders which i am so ill try and find it and post it

Prime Time
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM

You have the network adapter to play online right?

TrueDolFan
08-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey, Primetime! What can you tell me about the "Option" routes for receivers. For example, the "Chambers Option", where on the playcalling screen the route is orange and shows a curl, but it also has 2 different dotted orange lines (which I assume are the options). How do these "option" routes work?

KTOWNFINFAN
08-15-2005, 02:30 PM
HEY PRIME TIME. I JUST NOTICED WE GOT SCREWED!!!!

Have you had time to check out Sabans ratings in Madden PS2?? They forgot to load them or something. The lowest you can have a coach in any category rated is 40. He is rated 40 in every single category. This makes a huge difference in playing franchise mode. I am sure they didn't mean to do this. Who do we contact to have them update this in the next updated rosters??
I believe the only way you can check this is to sim a whole season. You can then go to staffing and it will show you what I am talking about. I changed coaches and MAN my team is twice as good. That is why the fins are so hard to win with.

Prime Time
08-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey, Primetime! What can you tell me about the "Option" routes for receivers. For example, the "Chambers Option", where on the playcalling screen the route is orange and shows a curl, but it also has 2 different dotted orange lines (which I assume are the options). How do these "option" routes work?

Not sure really, I think it just depends on the coverage...could be wrong though.

darkmistress
08-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey Prime Time, I asked this before in another thread and got no reply as far as I know...seeing as Madden doesn't come out here until mid september and I'm a very impatient person I need to know now!!...lol...

What I want to know is how customizable are the superstar mode players?
Do you get to choose what you look like outside of DNA skin colour, or do you get stuck with a generic portrait?

Also is there still a create-a-team section and if so have the logo and jersey designs changed at all or are the options the same as the last few years?
And can you still import a created team into a franchise?

thanks I'll be sure to post more if I think of anything...lol

DM

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey Prime Time, I asked this before in another thread and got no reply as far as I know...seeing as Madden doesn't come out here until mid september and I'm a very impatient person I need to know now!!...lol...

What I want to know is how customizable are the superstar mode players?
Do you get to choose what you look like outside of DNA skin colour, or do you get stuck with a generic portrait?

I haven't gotten to play it much but I think it is a generic potrait. Just the usual skin color, hair type, hair color type things.

Also is there still a create-a-team section and if so have the logo and jersey designs changed at all or are the options the same as the last few years?
And can you still import a created team into a franchise?

The options are the same, and yes it is still there.

Yeah You can import a created team into franchise. It says on bottom Press 0 to Load Team. Something like that :)

darkmistress
08-16-2005, 01:16 AM
I haven't gotten to play it much but I think it is a generic potrait. Just the usual skin color, hair type, hair color type things.
The options are the same, and yes it is still there.
Yeah You can import a created team into franchise. It says on bottom Press 0 to Load Team. Something like that :)

thanks for the reply, I can breathe a little easier now that I know...:lol:

...next time I'm buying an NTSC console I'm sick of the long wait for maddens...lol :)

TrueDolFan
08-16-2005, 12:53 PM
One more question, Prime Time: How does playing online franchise games work? All I know is that I can upload a franchise into my EA locker.

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 04:48 PM
One more question, Prime Time: How does playing online franchise games work? All I know is that I can upload a franchise into my EA locker.

Not sure I haven't tampered with it but I think it just a 16 week season played with 31 other people. I don't think you can trade and sign FA though.