PDA

View Full Version : Ads???

dolfan_101
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
How come there are a bunch of ads all of a sudden in the middle of threads???

WharfRat
08-09-2005, 07:03 AM
They've been there for months.

FinHeavenAJ
08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Actually, Wharf, I had a HUGE little booboo for a huge group of members. In my process of doing some things last night I noticed that I never turned the banners on to registered members... only unregistered members.

In any case, dolfan_101, banners have been there for a long time for many members and nonmembers... this is just the first time you've been able to see it.

Let me know what you think...

WharfRat
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Actually, Wharf, I had a HUGE little booboo for a huge group of members. In my process of doing some things last night I noticed that I never turned the banners on to registered members... only unregistered members.

:smackhead

DOH!

FinHeavenAJ
08-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Yea... that was a big mistake on my part... :rolleyes:

poisonphin
08-09-2005, 10:36 AM

In any case, dolfan_101, banners have been there for a long time for many members and nonmembers... this is just the first time you've been able to see it.

Let me know what you think...I dont like it but if it helps keep this site up its fine with me. :)

Jt0323
08-09-2005, 12:36 PM
the thing i like about the banners is it goes good with the color scheme...so it really don’t bother me

dolfan_101
08-09-2005, 12:41 PM
They kinda get in the way when i try and read other posts, but hey if it help keeps this site running not a problem.

TerryTate
08-09-2005, 02:05 PM
They kinda get in the way when i try and read other posts, but hey if it help keeps this site running not a problem.

How about we remove them and put pop ups in...how about that? :rofl3:

(kidding folks)

Jt0323
08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
yeah, i rather have ads then pop ups anyday...

VanDolPhan
08-09-2005, 02:48 PM
yeah, i rather have ads then pop ups anyday...

Popups can be blocked. This is absolutely annoying. People who have donated in the past or are currently donating shouldn't be bombed with advertisements.

WharfRat
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Popups can be blocked. This is absolutely annoying. People who have donated in the past or are currently donating shouldn't be bombed with advertisements.

Bombed?

I hardly consider one or two tiny little ads in between posts to be obtrusive. :confused:

Jt0323
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
not all popups can be blocked, i have popup blocker and still some pop ups come up on some sites...

VanDolPhan
08-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Bombed?

I hardly consider one or two tiny little ads in between posts to be obtrusive. :confused:

It is. Hence why you'll find finheaven to be one of the few places you'll ever see such. It looks incredibly cheap and shouldn't be forced on to anyone whose ever given money to this site.

Ads should never ever be intrusive and this qualifies.

Mindwarp
08-09-2005, 05:49 PM
many times i do not log into the site with my username and password and i get the adds they dont bother me at all. matter of fact i have click on a couple my self.

inFINSible
08-09-2005, 06:40 PM
IMO, they couldn't be any less intrusive....I barely even notice them anymore.

They are certainly not worth complaining about.

3P
08-09-2005, 06:46 PM
What ads?

:D

poisonphin
08-09-2005, 06:51 PM
IMO, they couldn't be any less intrusive....I barely even notice them anymore.

They are certainly not worth complaining about.Thats because its a new thing that they put ads inbetween posts. ;)

Muck
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
It is. Hence why you'll find finheaven to be one of the few places you'll ever see such. It looks incredibly cheap and shouldn't be forced on to anyone whose ever given money to this site.

You're entitled to your opinion. And it is just that, your opinion. Just because something isn't the norm doesn't mean is not a good way of doing things. There aren't a lot of sites like FinHeaven out there anyway.

To be honest, I've actually bought stuff off our ads. And I am not a guy who likes or pays attention to ads. I think they're fine.

Scrap
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Serious question here:

I'm not seeing whatever ads you all are talking about. Unless it's the one banner ad at the very top of the page. Where are they ?

_dan24
08-10-2005, 05:14 PM

So are you going to pay for the server costs, etc, etc?

I think they look fine, no need to complain or call it intrusive... It's not like they are selling ***** enlargers or crap like that.

byroan
08-10-2005, 05:19 PM
It's not like they are selling ***** enlargers or crap like that.

Don't be giving them any ideas now. :rofl3:

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 05:22 PM
not all popups can be blocked, i have popup blocker and still some pop ups come up on some sites...

You have adware/spyware, most likely.

King Nate
08-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Hah, I love how you can't say ***** on this site. Do people actually call other people *****es?

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Hah, I love how you can't say ***** on this site. Do people actually call other people *****es?

Nah, but some folks can be *****es at times, and I guess that's for the times when tempers get the better of them.