PDA

View Full Version : Help With Ps2 Online

UCFinfan86
08-09-2005, 09:40 PM
My router has a firewall, i am able to get on the madden online for like 2-3 minutes then my connection ends. I don't know how to turn my firewall off. i need some help please

PaPhinz
08-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Alright without knowing what type of router you have, i'll guess linksys. If so open up a web browser and go to: 192.168.1.1 look for applications and gaming, click that, look for port range forwarding, name it whatever, in start and end put 3658, protocol choose both and for the IP address use the local ip for your ps2. If you don't know that address click on status, then local network and scroll down and look for a button or link called 'DHCP Clients Table', click on that and look for the 'Computer Name' that is unknown or not one of your computers and use that IP address. Make sure you check the enable box and then save your settings. Also if you wanna forward the port for chating over the headset it's the exact same process just the port is 6000. If you need help or have a different router or anything you can IM me at Dolem1te18 and i'll see if i can help

Sorry it looks all funky but i copied it from another post I had made on a diff site cuz i didn't wanna type all that over again :)

UCFinfan86
08-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Alright without knowing what type of router you have, i'll guess linksys. If so open up a web browser and go to: 192.168.1.1 look for applications and gaming, click that, look for port range forwarding, name it whatever, in start and end put 3658, protocol choose both and for the IP address use the local ip for your ps2. If you don't know that address click on status, then local network and scroll down and look for a button or link called 'DHCP Clients Table', click on that and look for the 'Computer Name' that is unknown or not one of your computers and use that IP address. Make sure you check the enable box and then save your settings. Also if you wanna forward the port for chating over the headset it's the exact same process just the port is 6000. If you need help or have a different router or anything you can IM me at Dolem1te18 and i'll see if i can help

What do i put for application? nothing? Also there is a IP address already there and then there is a box that allows 3 numbers 1-254 it said.

PaPhinz
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
What do i put for application? nothing? Also there is a IP address already there and then there is a box that allows 3 numbers 1-254 it said.

Application you can name it whatever you want, the # that's already there is the default address in the address range, chances are it won't be your ps2, it'll probably be like 192.168.1.102 or 192.168.1.103, but like i said you can look in the DHCP Clients table and whatever one does not have a name that's your ps2, ps2 needs to be connected online to the EA servers so that it gets an IP address before you look at the clients table. My AIM is in the previous post if you wanna talk to me on there, i'm at work so i don't know how often i'll get to check this post before i get home.

UCFinfan86
08-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Application you can name it whatever you want, the # that's already there is the default address in the address range, chances are it won't be your ps2, it'll probably be like 192.168.1.102 or 192.168.1.103, but like i said you can look in the DHCP Clients table and whatever one does not have a name that's your ps2, ps2 needs to be connected online to the EA servers so that it gets an IP address before you look at the clients table. My AIM is in the previous post if you wanna talk to me on there, i'm at work so i don't know how often i'll get to check this post before i get home.

i can't place that different number in there, it only allows for 3 numbers. Also now my router won't even work. I had to plug the internet back into my computer to get online. The internet wont work when plugged into the router