PDA

View Full Version : FinHeaven VIP Membership Now Available!

Pages : [1] 2

FinHeavenAJ
08-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey Everyone -

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone that visits FinHeaven & Co - the registered and lurkers alike. All of you have made FinHeaven what it is known for today... the largest Miami Dolphins fan community online. Over the past few years, FinHeaven & Co has grown to become larger and larger each season; this season is no exception as we have surpassed 10,000 registered users.

For the past year or so we've noticed a great demand for an exclusive membership with an emphasis on an advanced level of discussion. After much discussion with the staff, I am happy to say that we can finally fulfill this demand.

I am excited to announce a FinHeaven VIP membership! As a FinHeaven VIP member you can enjoy many benefits that will deepen your FinHeaven experience.

For $24 a year you will receive:

Access to the exclusive Miami Dolphins - VIP forum... where only serious Dolphin fans talk!

This forum is only visible to FinHeaven VIP members; all other users will not be able to read any threads that are posted here!
Long gone are the days of threads titled "Trade Ronnie Brown for Tom Brady!" as this will not be tolerated.

Enjoy reading threads without advertisements!*
Free FinHeaven Bumper Sticker**
Store up to 120 Personal Messages!
Special offers and contests for FinHeaven VIP members only!
So, if you're serious about Dolphins football, 'Go Deep!' Become a FinHeaven VIP member today! (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/subscriptions.php?)

If you have any questions about this new membership, please post them here.

* Advertisements in the header and footer of the forums will still be visible. We will eliminate the advertisement that is found directly in the thread.
** In order to receive free FinHeaven bumper sticker you must emails us (admins@finheaven.com) with your username that you subscribed as and your mailing address. Please wait up to one week to receive free bumper sticker!

EDIT: If you wish to send a check or money order please PM or email me at webmaster@finheaven.com. Thank you.

EDIT 2: If you have donated within the past 12 months, please contact us via PM or email and we'll look you up. Please include the Paypal address you used to donate. If the amount totals more than $24, we'll give you a year subscription. Easy as that.

poisonphin
08-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Link didnt work and do you get a icon next to your name saying VIP or something.

Muck
08-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Link didnt work and do you get a icon next to your name saying VIP or something.

Should work now.

Yes, you'll get a badge. :)

poisonphin
08-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Can you do this though the mail? I dont have paypal.

Muck
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM

You don't have to be a member of Paypal. Only need a credit card. :)

DolphinDevil28
OK, I paid my $24. Where's my name thingy?

Noodle Arm

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing. Really don't want to pay online, is there any other way? Excellent idea by the way, the main board is getting littered with nonsense threads.

EDIT: Ok just read Muck's post. Guess I don't have a choice...will do when I pay my bill first. :D

FinHeavenAJ
08-10-2005, 12:37 AM

At this time, PayPal is the only form of payment. When you click the "order" button just click that you're not a member and enter in your credit card information.

Let me know if this helps.

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 12:40 AM
nice, im goona be saving up to get this!

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 12:41 AM
So what happens when even the morons pay their $24 and the VIP section has "Trade Ronnie Brown for Tom Brady" threads? :lol:

Wildbill3
08-10-2005, 12:44 AM
So what happens when even the morons pay their $24 and the VIP section has "Trade Ronnie Brown for Tom Brady" threads? :lol:That moron just paid 24 dollars to post one thread... :lol:

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 12:46 AM
That moron just paid 24 dollars to post one thread... :lol:

What do you mean? If they do that in the VIP section they are banned?

Muck
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM
That moron just paid 24 dollars to post one thread... :lol:

:yeahthat: :vader:

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 12:47 AM

One would hope.

Wildbill3
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM

Let me Quote Muck

Repeated infractions such as these or other "useless" threads will result in permanent banishment from the forum. And you will not get your money back.
The hope is that people who are serious enough to pay, are also mature enough to have good, somewhat SANE posts.

Muck
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM

Yup. You get a shot or two. Obviously you'll be warned. But that stuff isn't tolerated in there.

Slappy8800
08-10-2005, 12:52 AM
so 24 bucks and i cant say what i want? ill pass

Wildbill3
08-10-2005, 12:55 AM
so 24 bucks and i cant say what i want? ill passthink of it like going to your grandmother's house, you know you can't cuss or swear around her, and you have got to have good behavior, but you know those milk and cookies are yours for the asking.

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 12:56 AM
think of it like going to your grandmother's house, you know you can't cuss or swear around her, and you have got to have good behavior, but you know those milk and cookies are yours for the asking.

:rofl3:

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 12:58 AM
OK, so when do I get my vip badge thingy, and where's the vip forum?

I want it now dammit. :D

Muck
08-10-2005, 12:59 AM
OK, so when do I get my vip badge thingy, and where's the vip forum?

I want it now dammit. :D

Go to the Forums Home. :)

Badges are in the works.

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Looks like my bumper sticker idea has transformed into something lol

You will see my $24 soon, as well as a premium membership signup in the coming weeks.

Muck
08-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Looks like my bumper sticker idea has transformed into something lol

You will see my $24 soon, as well as a premium membership signup in the coming weeks.

Thanks. See ya soon. :)

But I gotta admit, we've done the bumper stickers before. I've got a bunch of the "old ones" in my house from two years ago. :couch:

Wildbill3
08-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks. See ya soon. :D

But I gotta admit, we've done the bumper stickers before. I've got a bunch of the "old ones" in my house from two years ago. :couch:Are they holding that pimped out car of yours together? Did you add the wooden spoiler yet?:lol:

Bobby Humphrey
08-10-2005, 01:08 AM
So what happens when even the morons pay their $24 and the VIP section has "Trade Ronnie Brown for Tom Brady" threads? :lol:

then they will probably ban me ....

Muck
08-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Are they holding that pimped out car of yours together? Did you add the wooden spoiler yet?:lol:

I told you, cars don't swim!!

Wildbill3
08-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I told you, cars don't swim!!Well they did in cannonball run and Knight rider!

3P
08-10-2005, 01:13 AM
so 24 bucks and i cant say what i want? ill pass

Note that we're not making membership a requirement. We are simply fulfilling a need that we have been made aware of. The regular forums will be unaffected for the many who are content with what they offer. We realize that it's not for everyone, but rather something more for those who desire it.

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks. See ya soon. :)

But I gotta admit, we've done the bumper stickers before. I've got a bunch of the "old ones" in my house from two years ago. :couch:

I remember but it didnt take off back then but i think it could now, with all the new members we keep adding daily. I suggest one of the mods advertise them in their sig if not already.

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Also another plus for FH Vip i belive is that they do contest olny for VIP members...

byroan
08-10-2005, 01:15 AM
Well they did in cannonball run and Knight rider!

Thanks for getting the theme song stuck in my head. :lol:

Muck
08-10-2005, 01:18 AM
I remember but it didnt take off back then but i think it could now, with all the new members we keep adding daily. I suggest one of the mods advertise them in their sig if not already.

Yeah, and these look better. So that will help too. :)

HysterikiLL
08-10-2005, 01:22 AM
This is a good idea. I might send my money but will hold off for now as I am taking an overseas trip with a duration that which I am not sure about.

P.S. What's wrong with Tom Brady for Ronnie Brown?? :confused:

P.P.S. I'm joking.

byroan
08-10-2005, 01:25 AM
P.S. What's wrong with Tom Brady for Ronnie Brown?? :confused:

We'd have to throw in next years 5th round pick as well, which we don't have. :(

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 01:28 AM
I hope to God no bills fan pays the $24.

P.S. I like the VIP badge, I just got mine! :banana:

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Very Important Phin ;)

catapano
08-10-2005, 01:38 AM
cant you throw a little something else in the package? i love this site and want nothing more than to support it. maybe everyones name who pays will be put in a lottery of somekind.

Muck
08-10-2005, 01:39 AM

We've already got stuff lined up. :)

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 01:39 AM
I was the first member, nanny nanny boo boo.

I should have a special badge. :D

King Nate
08-10-2005, 01:44 AM
I just paid my $24 and I was happy to do it!

Slappy8800
08-10-2005, 02:03 AM
i still dont get it...i dont understand the statement that says only serious phin fans....whats that mean to those of us who dont sign up? im kinda insulted......ok not really but it sounds kinda disrespectful......eh i guess

Muck
08-10-2005, 02:06 AM
i still dont get it...i dont understand the statement that says only serious phin fans....whats that mean to those of us who dont sign up? im kinda insulted......ok not really but it sounds kinda disrespectful......eh i guess

Have you ever seen a commercial before??

Relax bro. :)

Slappy8800
08-10-2005, 02:08 AM
co-mmercial?

byroan
08-10-2005, 02:13 AM
I hope to God no bills fan pays the $24.

serious Dolfans only

:dunno: They'd be exposed. :chuckle:

Shamboubou
08-10-2005, 04:12 AM
While I agree that we have way too many threads started that are pointless I think this may turn to be a bad idea. You are more than likely going to take the main posters that gain information out of the main forum. Not to mention take them out of everyday posting so the large number of posts you will get in the main forum are going to be non-since posts.

Also who makes the judgement on what is considered a stupid post? What may be crazy to somebody may not to somebody else. I dont think I like the VIP idea. But depending on the content in the main forum I may be forced to join, for the simple fact it may be the only place to read an intelligent post.

Phinz4Life
08-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Just signed up! :D

How does Finheaven know our username matched to our payment? I used pay-pal, so just wondering how its all tracked.

cnc66
08-10-2005, 05:44 AM
what about those of us who have donated. I would have excercised this option but it was not available.

NJFinsfan
08-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Just signed up! :D

How does Finheaven know our username matched to our payment? I used pay-pal, so just wondering how its all tracked.

Yeah, i have the same question. I just paid my 24 and it told me im not a member yet. Does my 24.00 have to be approved?:lol:

godfater21
08-10-2005, 06:31 AM
Also who makes the judgement on what is considered a stupid post? What may be crazy to somebody may not to somebody else.

:yeahthat:

HelloMotto
08-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Note that we're not making membership a requirement. We are simply fulfilling a need that we have been made aware of. The regular forums will be unaffected for the many who are content with what they offer. We realize that it's not for everyone, but rather something more for those who desire it.

this room has been designed for people without a life. ha ha ha. i still beleive the internet is free. free software, free pictures, free news, free discussion. Its all about the money. :lol:

MikeO
08-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Also who makes the judgement on what is considered a stupid post?

If you have to ask, then its probably stupid!

ILPhinFan88
08-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Just signed up.

SkapePhin
08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Ok, I signed up.. How long does it take for it to show up?

PhinSoldia
08-10-2005, 09:13 AM
pay-pal takes 4 business days for a money transfer

Muck
08-10-2005, 09:24 AM
We apologize for the delay guys. Something has decided to stop cooperating with us this morning.

So if there's a delay in your activation, it's because we're manually adding you right now (me from each stop on my job. I'm about to get lynched. lol).

But rest assured, we've got records of everything that happens. So you will make it in there. Don't be shy about sending a PM or reminding us. We understand. :)

Oboy
08-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Ok, signed up... but how does it track to your username?

A Wing Pilot
08-10-2005, 09:39 AM
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE,

I am the epitome of free stuff and not paying. let me make clear AJ's Vision

Regular forum stays FREE, and you can post in it at will. The new forum is just a new place to rally break it down, sure some posts will be added to both forums, and some posts may be missed out. But the objective is to support the site and hopefully stop AJ, muck, and terrrytate from spending cash out of there own pockets. For example my camp reports may be posted in VIP for an hour or three before i repost for everyone, Not saying thats the case but could be!!!! This is not meant to deter anyone or discourage them from using the site. this is a policy put into place to help the site and get some cool features added including contests, and give-aways.

statsrus
08-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I am not so sure this is a good idea. As someone who comes here daily to only gather information, I am reluctant to pay. This change will likely transform the main forum to useless information to which I will no longer be interested. Maybe there can be a lurker pass where one can view what is posted in the VIP forum but not post?? Go Phins!!

FinFanUFGrad
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
MUCK...I have a couple questions. First off, I've done nothing but attempt to post seriously and accurately since I've been here. I'm huge into the dolphins and have been since forever. That being said, who does make the call of what's serious or not? Is there going to be a guy sitting at the computer going..."uh...nope...starting a thread for sitting A.J. Feeley isn't Dolphin friendly so you are banned" Because that's just not right. I agree, there are dumb threads out there, but sometimes, people tend to think an opposite opinion is dumb. Like when I come on with intelligent reasons why we might end up 6-10 at the very best...people bash me for being negative...and then retaliate by preaching a 12-4 season...hold on while I laugh...gets me every time...but would that kind of thing be considered dumb? Also, are you going to allow anyone to become a VIP member? Because some of the best posts come from non-phinfans. Sure they are usually negatively biased, but if we were going to acquire someone from the Pats, I would want a Pat to give his opinion of the players talent...would they be allowed into the VIP? Because it also works negatively, if you allow anyone to join, then it becomes a VIP section where people face the same old crap, but now they paid 24 bucks for it. Lastly, maybe if you set a post limit for membership. That way, some rich dude that just wants to bust our balls can't sign up and join the VIP with 2 posts and a week of membership. Because 24 bucks isn't a huge deterrent. Just some thoughts guys. Will probably join upon hearing your responses.

PHINZONER
08-10-2005, 09:48 AM
While I agree that we have way too many threads started that are pointless I think this may turn to be a bad idea. You are more than likely going to take the main posters that gain information out of the main forum. Not to mention take them out of everyday posting so the large number of posts you will get in the main forum are going to be non-since posts.

Also who makes the judgement on what is considered a stupid post? What may be crazy to somebody may not to somebody else. I dont think I like the VIP idea. But depending on the content in the main forum I may be forced to join, for the simple fact it may be the only place to read an intelligent post.

We that will not do the VIP thing will have to do our best to be on top of the news! I guess these guys need to feel better about themselves. If they do not want to read bogus threads, I have a simple solution.
Do not click on them!!!!!!

I can only hope this does not turn into a ESPNinsider type of garbage. I refuse to pay $24 for a single site. I hope this does not mean that there will have to be a devise like there was w/ Phinzone.com before. I am trying to get ahead in life and am on a tight budget. That is one thing that I strongly suggest for everybody. 24 here 24 there and there goes the house, the car, and the wife and kids. Many of us have ladies that feel we are to consumed w/ football already for watching it every sunday for 3 1/2 hours. Now to pay to talk football?

To be honest, I get 90% of what I hear on here from ESPN,ESPN radio, NFL Network, KFFL,theredzone,and Dolphin brethren. The other 10% is the "Discussion" of these so called stupid threads. Who did not think a 2nd &3rd for a 3 stringer was a legit possibility or giving a 4th to move up 1 spot. Furthermore what about RW for 2 first and what ever else we gave. That sounded like some dumb post. I was called dumb for saying, as early as lastyear, that we should get Gus, and were dumb not to give less than we did for Feeley 2 years ago. I was called dumb for hyping McPherson 1 1/2-2 years ago, then comes the combine. What about Volek for nothing. I was laughed at for suggesting him. He looked to be better than Feeley by far last year. Tenn is not that much better than the Fins.

If I were to post that the salary strapped Fins' were going to bring in Carter,Holliday, Schulters, and McDougle in February I would have been laughed of the board.

I love the site. I support doing something to grow it. I just am not going to be able to be a VIP. Sorry. I will continue to be a heavener and hope the site does not stray from what it currently is. If the VIPers want to keep info to themselves, they will soon find the heaven shrinking since we will be left to seek other forms of breaking news. Honestly, they hear it where everybody else does. Radio, TV, and internet. Long live finheaven and hope there will not have to become a finatic.com or something. There is a "Thedolphinsmakemecry.com"

Let's keep finheaven the best team site on the net, and make it the biggest that ever will be. We all love the Fins'. We all cheer the same team on Sunday. We all want a Fins' super bowl. We all need to forget about the anger that builds in these threads. Use it to ruffle the Bills fans, even when they are right about something. Tell them they may be right, and than give em heck!

Let's go Miami!!!!!!!

PHINZONER
08-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Should be moved!!! To News and announcements!!!

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Should be moved!!! To News and announcements!!!

the mods know what their doing...

Prime
08-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Man, you have to pay to get to all of the cool stuff here. I hate being broke. :cry:

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 12:40 PM
I signed up, I think, about an hour ago. :D

Hmmm... still hasn't processed yet. Ah well. :)

ether79
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
I signed up, I think, about an hour ago. :D

Hmmm... still hasn't processed yet. Ah well. :)
Same here.

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Same here.

Looks like yours has been updated.

HelloMotto
08-10-2005, 12:47 PM
PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE,

I am the epitome of free stuff and not paying. let me make clear AJ's Vision

Regular forum stays FREE, and you can post in it at will. The new forum is just a new place to rally break it down, sure some posts will be added to both forums, and some posts may be missed out. But the objective is to support the site and hopefully stop AJ, muck, and terrrytate from spending cash out of there own pockets. For example my camp reports may be posted in VIP for an hour or three before i repost for everyone, Not saying thats the case but could be!!!! This is not meant to deter anyone or discourage them from using the site. this is a policy put into place to help the site and get some cool features added including contests, and give-aways.

lets get to the real point. your looking to generate some revenue. I don't blame you. I think you would be better off with some different advertising schemes rather than make an exclusive room. This will dilute your content. There are otherways to generate revenue rather than this. just my opinion.

Celtkin
08-10-2005, 12:58 PM

It will get done. Muck said earlier that he is adding people manually and is doing so from work. I'm sure it's difficult to do both at once. You could probably PM Muck to see how soon you'll be in the system. I'm sure it won't be long now.

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 01:02 PM
It will get done. Muck said earlier that he is adding people manually and is doing so from work. I'm sure it's difficult to do both at once. You could probably PM Muck to see how soon you'll be in the system. I'm sure it won't be long now.

I'm not worried about it. No rush really. I just thought I would throw it out there.:)

Mad Vinny
08-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Long time lurker . How about everyone can see the threads but only VIP can post . Title the threads VIP. This way everyone gets the info but still keeps thread VIP only. I would hate to lose out on any info, but I understand how it could be good for the members. (woo hoo first post)

H2Ronnie23
08-10-2005, 01:03 PM
can I mail a check made out to Finheaven instead..... I personally don't like paying with cards. Or maybe go and pay up front.....

NJFINSFAN1
08-10-2005, 01:06 PM
well, I can see some peoples concerns, but I joined up. I look at it this way, I've always wanted to send some money (Donate), but just never do it. So to me this is like donating money to help run the site. It takes a lot of work I'm sure to do so!

Thanks for all you do guys!!!

byroan
08-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Long time lurker . How about everyone can see the threads but only VIP can post . Title the threads VIP. This way everyone gets the info but still keeps thread VIP only. I would hate to lose out on any info, but I understand how it could be good for the members. (woo hoo first post)

Then you see the same threads being made here in the main forum.

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Its only $24...

poisonphin
08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
What should I make the check payable to

Prime
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Its only $24...

Well 24 dollars is alot of money for some people, like me.

poisonphin
08-10-2005, 01:27 PM

NJFINSFAN1
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Well 24 dollars is alot of money for some people, like me.

You are 100% right. I'm going on 42, have three kids, work, and go to school, saving for college for my kids etc...

But, look at it this way, how much time do you spend on this site? You have 7,500 plus posts if I'm correct? If you figure out how many times you post a year, what is it, 1/2 cent per post? I'm not trying to kill you, I understand where you are coming from. But look at all the work these guys put into this site. It cost money, think of it as a donation. But I also figure you don't have a credit card also being 16, so maybe AJ and the boys can let people send checks, money orders etc...

Don't worry Phindude88, we all never have enough money! Hell I filled up my car the other day, I use to be able to give the guy a $20 and get change, that dosen't give me half a tank now!!! YIKES!!!!!

ether79
08-10-2005, 01:39 PM
YEah it just did. I'm sure they'll get to yours soon.

ether79
08-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Hell I filled up my car the other day, I use to be able to give the guy a $20 and get change, that dosen't give me half a tank now!!! YIKES!!!!!

Yeah you aren't kidding. I went to the HOF for Marino and the damn gas over and back was almost as much as my hotel room for three days and the HOF tickets for my family.:shakeno: I'm trading my suv in if this crap doesn't go down soon.

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
YEah it just did. I'm sure they'll get to yours soon.

Yep, I didn't realize I had an email to my home isp account. I just responded to it, so it shouldn't be much longer. :woot: :D

ether79
08-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Yep, I didn't realize I had an email to my home isp account. I just responded to it, so it shouldn't be much longer. :woot: :D

Sweet.:)

Celtkin
08-10-2005, 02:29 PM

PM AJ or email him at webmaster@finheaven.com. That will do the trick.

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Paid :)

Premium coming soon..

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Paid :)

Premium coming soon..

Hey, nice badge!

PhinSoldia
08-10-2005, 02:48 PM
i will get it when i get my next check because i have too much bills to pay with this one...i'll get at you in two weeks AJ

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey, nice badge!

Thanks, not too bad eh?

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 02:50 PM
...four years later Im finally contributing :-p

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 03:16 PM

YES!!! :banana:

I get to see those boobs in the VIP section too.

tucker
08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
lol@this...i'll pass smh@ paying

touborg
08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh VIP Badge, where art thou? =)

Ark139954
08-10-2005, 04:39 PM
there aint no more regulars...lol

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 04:50 PM
YES!!! :banana:

I get to see those boobs in the VIP section too.

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Blit's av:hump:

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
This news saddens me.

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 05:09 PM
This news saddens me.

Which news, Mc?

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Which news, Mc? New VIP section....its the10th and my bills are overdue. :)

Ohio Fanatic
08-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Sweet, glad to pay 24 bucks to get some sanity, now that sanity is being restored to our beloved organization. My only question is, me being so computer illiterate, is there anyone out there that can help create a good signature for me?

Sauceman
08-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Like most others, I'm worried that the regular Dolphins forum will turn to trash and all the nice, informative posts like breaking news and camp reports will get posted in the VIP Section, ignoring the main forum.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Prime
08-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Like most others, I'm worried that the regular Dolphins forum will turn to trash and all the nice, informative posts like breaking news and camp reports will get posted in the VIP Section, ignoring the main forum.

That's what i am afraid so too. I am sure that people will still post stuff here, but not as much as they will in the VIP. As we now it, we might be losing some members to the VIP place. Lets hope that i am wrong though. :(

zephon
08-10-2005, 05:57 PM

good point...while I love this site...I don't have the cash right now (I'm moving to Mexico at the end of the month)

As long as the mods don't just hang out in the VIP section and stay on top of the double and triple thread postings ( in other words merging stuff regularly) I don't think it's going to be a big issue.

you're still going to post when you like a thread and not post when you don't. no biggie I believe.

mia4ever
08-10-2005, 06:06 PM
if I become a VIP member can someone WEB cast me the games
I live in ATL born in miami..

please

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I posted this in another forum but this is a better spot for it. I (imho) think its a bad idea. Its already driving a wedge in "our" website. Ive only been registered since 2004 but i was a looong time lurker and now we have "VIP" members??? Cmon...its almost insulting. Ok im done crying about it. :cool:

PhinsPhan
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
I posted this in another forum but this is a better spot for it. I (imho) think its a bad idea. Its already driving a wedge in "our" website. Ive only been registered since 2004 but i was a looong time lurker and now we have "VIP" members??? Cmon...its almost insulting. Ok im done crying about it. :cool:

I feel the same way.

I would also like to add that forums should be free, they are all people not being paid to put down their thoughts. This seems like a way to make money off of the people by coming up with the gimmick of "for serious dolfans only" I know that there are costs to maintain a website. You guys do work and deserve money but isn't that what the google ads and wageronline stuff is for. Not to mention merchandise sales. I liked it before when the people that could afford to donate would. I think you guys do an excellent job maintaining this site not to mention the great community we have. I am going to school, and simply cannot justify making a payment to use a forum.

I also hate how as it has been pointed out that people with money get the privelage of the VIP section. It is not a matter of intelligent posters. How can you guys patrol what posts are deemed suitable and what aren't. I would have a good idea but the thing is what is to stop someone from making a Ronnie Brown for Alex Smith thread. Yes this is stupid, but what if they dont actually realize that? Then what if some other people dont think this is necessarily an unintelligent post?

NaboCane
08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
good point...while I love this site...I don't have the cash right now (I'm moving to Mexico at the end of the month)

As long as the mods don't just hang out in the VIP section and stay on top of the double and triple thread postings ( in other words merging stuff regularly) I don't think it's going to be a big issue.

you're still going to post when you like a thread and not post when you don't. no biggie I believe.

Where in Mexico, zephon?

FinHeavenAJ
08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I just want to throw my two cents in.

For one, we're not going to allow for the main forum to become trash. It won't happen. We're still going to keep every aspect of FinHeaven, including the main forum, up to high standards. As moderators, we can't just delete threads that don't make sense... like the illogical trade scenarios and such. However, we still will not tolerate insults and other things against the TOS.

Furthermore, while there is a new FinHeaven VIP membership - some members may post in both places to see what kinda of different responses he or she will get.

Those are just my thoughts though...

Prime
08-10-2005, 06:30 PM

For one, we're not going to allow for the main forum to become trash. It won't happen. We're still going to keep every aspect of FinHeaven, including the main forum, up to high standards. As moderators, we can't just delete threads that don't make sense... like the illogical trade scenarios and such. However, we still will not tolerate insults and other things against the TOS.

Furthermore, while there is a new FinHeaven VIP membership - some members may post in both places to see what kinda of different responses he or she will get.

Those are just my thoughts though...

I pray to God that you are right. As we know it though, FH could become a split between two different groups.

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 06:35 PM
I pray to God that you are right. As we know it though, FH could become a split between two different groups.

i dont think its goona split...Nubs will still post the news for us! and ppl will still post in the main forum!

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 06:36 PM
I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. No one complained about Premium membership. Its just a level of membership thats all. There regular, VIP and Premium. VIP is the medium. Im sure in time the mods will make changes and adjustments. Im sure "Breaking News" will have to be in the main.

Muck
08-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I also hate how as it has been pointed out that people with money get the privelage of the VIP section.

"People with money"

Not picking on you man. Not in the least. I just thought that line was funny. :lol:

It comes to $2 a month.

ether79
08-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. No one complained about Premium membership. Its just a level of membership thats all. There regular, VIP and Premium. VIP is the medium. Im sure in time the mods will make changes and adjustments. Im sure "Breaking News" will have to be in the main.

Right I just found it a quick and easy way to donate a little money to the website I enjoy so much and get a little perk out of it. I was going to start donating a bit any way and plan to become a Premium member as soon as my wife will let me.:cry: I just slid the 24 in under her nose, hopefully. She is just jealous of the website and didn't want me to give any money to the thing has been taking so much of my time since I discovered it.

DolphinDevil28
08-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I will say this, though.

This is not to suggest that I'll go on a crazy tangent and post all kinds of vulgar stuff.

BUT, I better not get banned for talking back to a bills fan (like I have before) or stating my opinion on something I feel strongly about.

If that happened, I'd demand a refund.

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I will say this, though.

This is not to suggest that I'll go on a crazy tangent and post all kinds of vulgar stuff.

BUT, I better not get banned for talking back to a bills fan (like I have before) or stating my opinion on something I feel strongly about.

If that happened, I'd demand a refund.

I think the ring of fire in your avatar should be the official dolphins logo ring of fire.

FinsAreLife
08-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Man, you have to pay to get to all of the cool stuff here. I hate being broke. :cry:

same here, ive got no money:(

DolFan31
08-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Everything has perks guys. Come on $2 a month!

Mike13
08-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Thats cool.

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 08:23 PM

Those are just my thoughts though...Man why mess with something that isnt broken? This site is growing by leaps and bounds up to this point. Your site, your choice....

FinsAreLife
08-10-2005, 08:28 PM
i would just apply some of these rules to the main forum, i dont think its needed to make a new section and have to pay for it just cause people are sick of other people making dumb threads, i mean i for one are sick of them but i think you should just apply those rules to the main forum instead

darkmistress
08-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Man why mess with something that isnt broken? This site is growing by leaps and bounds up to this point. Your site, your choice....

Exactly!! And how do people expect the site to keep running growing at the rate it is? Who do you all expect to fork out the money month after month to keep it online and continue to provide a free service for users? Everyone's getting offended but no-one seems to be realising that Finheaven is simply adding benefits for those who offer financial assistance so the site can stay online. Lighten up people there's nothing wrong with that.

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Exactly!! And how do people expect the site to keep running growing at the rate it is? Who do you all expect to fork out the money month after month to keep it online and continue to provide a free service for users? Everyone's getting offended but no-one seems to be realising that Finheaven is simply adding benefits for those who offer financial assistance so the site can stay online. Lighten up people there's nothing wrong with that.Point well taken...I dont know all that go into these sites to be perfectly honest. Theres got to be a better way though. Guess we'll find out.

cnc66
08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Point well taken...I dont know all that go into these sites to be perfectly honest. Theres got to be a better way though. Guess we'll find out.

to be honest 81, the attraction to me is a tighter tos within the threads...here's hopeing I don't have to wear the dunce cap. :goof:

poisonphin
08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
This is why I am going to send in my money. Threads like these:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=89951

Slappy8800
08-10-2005, 09:13 PM
so you dont wanna hear us "stupid" people on the regular board post our opinions

now i know what it was like in the civil war

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I got a dumb question, once you pay for this, how do you start to use it?

Phinz1972
08-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I got a dumb question, once you pay for this, how do you start to use it?

You get access to view & post in the VIP section, so you can start by viewing the forum area ;) . Trust me, with what I have seen in there thus far, it is amazing.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:21 PM
You get access to view & post in the VIP section, so you can start by viewing the forum area ;) . Trust me, with what I have seen in there thus far, it is amazing.Thanks, I am just beat after a 11 hour day, and was looking for the scoop.

anditsgood
08-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Exactly!! And how do people expect the site to keep running growing at the rate it is? Who do you all expect to fork out the money month after month to keep it online and continue to provide a free service for users? Everyone's getting offended but no-one seems to be realising that Finheaven is simply adding benefits for those who offer financial assistance so the site can stay online. Lighten up people there's nothing wrong with that.

another thing people can do pen if they dont have the finances to help pay for their use is to click on the ads--the site gets paid per ad click (usually)

again if someone is one a free board and gets soliticated? whats the problem:)

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
You get access to view & post in the VIP section, so you can start by viewing the forum area ;) . Trust me, with what I have seen in there thus far, it is amazing.Will this come up when you log in?

Phinz1972
08-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Will this come up when you log in?

Once you are added to the subscried list, you will always have access to the area durning your visits(given that you are loggen in)...when not logged in, you get a page about subscribing to the VIP when you click on that forum.

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM
You get access to view & post in the VIP section, so you can start by viewing the forum area ;) . Trust me, with what I have seen in there thus far, it is amazing. Hope your getting paid for that plug. IM BITTER AND I CANT HELP IT!!!!

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Once you are added to the subscried list, you will always have access to the area durning your visits(given that you are loggen in)...when not logged in, you get a page about subscribing to the VIP when you click on that forum.Thanks Bro!

Phinz1972
08-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Hope your getting paid for that plug. IM BITTER AND I CANT HELP IT!!!!

I am sure am!!! getting paid for that plug with great insights and views on some great stuff ;)

tucker
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
i doubt much will be missed in the "VIP"..the same topics will be talked about in here...its no big deal...most forums have special sections for certain pple anyways...i just dont see the point in paying a site so i'm fine where i am

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 09:42 PM
I am sure am!!! getting paid for that plug with great insights and views on some great stuff ;) I hope ur not serious.

Slappy8800
08-10-2005, 09:43 PM
wow...there really is gonna be a civil war hee isnt there?

id like to be a commander of the non VIP's

Phinz1972
08-10-2005, 09:44 PM
I hope ur not serious.

Yes I was kidding....ok, I am done expanding this thread into thousands of post, but will leave you with this:

Rather you are in the VIP or not, your thoughts/ideas/insights, etc... are still valued at FH(rather it be valuable to one person or thousands of people, its still valued.

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes I was kidding....ok, I am done expanding this thread into thousands of post, but will leave you with this:

Rather you are in the VIP or not, your thoughts/ideas/insights, etc... are still valued at FH. Thx.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I will be both forums. I am not above anyone here at Finheaven, and I enjoy communicating with my fellow Dolphin Fans!:beerbang: Matter of fact I enjoy the sight so much, and believe in it, I got theVIp, and donated to keep Finheaven alive and going!

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 09:47 PM
I will be both forums. I am not above anyone here at Finheaven, and I enjoy communicating with my fellow Dolphin Fans!:beerbang: Matter of fact I enjoy the sight so much, and believe in it, I got theVIp, and donated to keep Finheaven alive and going!Fin Fan in Cali I ALWAYS enjoy your battle cries! :up:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey Everyone -

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone that visits FinHeaven & Co - the registered and lurkers alike. All of you have made FinHeaven what it is known for today... the largest Miami Dolphins fan community online. Over the past few years, FinHeaven & Co has grown to become larger and larger each season; this season is no exception as we have surpassed 10,000 registered users.

For the past year or so we've noticed a great demand for an exclusive membership with an emphasis on an advanced level of discussion. After much discussion with the staff, I am happy to say that we can finally fulfill this demand.

I am excited to announce a FinHeaven VIP membership! As a FinHeaven VIP member you can enjoy many benefits that will deepen your FinHeaven experience.

For $24 a year you will receive:

Access to the exclusive Miami Dolphins - VIP forum... where only serious Dolphin fans talk!

This forum is only visible to FinHeaven VIP members; all other users will not be able to read any threads that are posted here!
Long gone are the days of threads titled "Trade Ronnie Brown for Tom Brady!" as this will not be tolerated.

Enjoy reading threads without advertisements!*
Free FinHeaven Bumper Sticker**
Store up to 120 Personal Messages!
So, if you're serious about Dolphins football, 'Go Deep!' Become a FinHeaven VIP member today! (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/subscriptions.php?)

If you have any questions about this new membership, please post them here.

* Advertisements in the header and footer of the forums will still be visible. We will eliminate the advertisement that is found directly in the thread.
** In order to receive free FinHeaven bumper sticker you must emails us (admins@finheaven.com) with your username that you subscribed as and your mailing address. Please wait up to one week to receive free bumper sticker!

EDIT: If you wish to send a check or money order please PM or email me at webmaster@finheaven.com. Thank you.
AJ or any of the Mods. Questions once you pay via paypal, how long does it take to be given access? Thanks!

cnc66
08-10-2005, 09:49 PM
i doubt much will be missed in the "VIP"..the same topics will be talked about in here...its no big deal...most forums have special sections for certain pple anyways...i just dont see the point in paying a site so i'm fine where i am

you are correct. It is polite and Nabocane is kickin' a$$.

Dubfire
08-10-2005, 09:50 PM
AJ or any of the Mods. Questions once you pay via paypal, how long does it take to be given access? Thanks!

Mine was available almost instantaneously.

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Fin Fan in Cali I ALWAYS enjoy your battle cries! :up:Thanks Bro! I try to keep it positive. I don't like the negativity, and I don't like to see my fellow fans get slammed for there opinion. We are here for one reason, we are Miami Dolphin Fans, and proud of it!:drinkers:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Mine was available almost instantaneously.I am still patiently waiting. The mods, and AJ might be having some beers right now, so let them enjoy, no rush! I was just curious! Can't rush a good beer!:xii:

texasPHINSfan
08-10-2005, 10:00 PM
i wonder if we can have the "Move Zach to SS" threads in there? :P

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
i wonder if we can have the "Move Zach to SS" threads in there? :PNice sense of humor! I like that!:lol:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Fin Fan in Cali I ALWAYS enjoy your battle cries! :up:If I ever make it out there to attend a Dolphin home game, we will have to get together, and get to the bottom of a few beers. The definition of few varies, so we could have a great time just figuring that out!:beerbang:

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 10:24 PM
I am still patiently waiting. The mods, and AJ might be having some beers right now, so let them enjoy, no rush! I was just curious! Can't rush a good beer!:xii:

Fin_Fan_in_Cali good to see you crossing over, mate! I just have to say you will enjoy it. The discussions are civil and everyone gives thier views without the diatribe you see on the main forums.

It's everything I expected a fan site to be. No insults or harmfull remarks. Nothing but comradery and idea sharing. I look forward to seeing you there.

EDIT: Looks like you're all set up. I see your name color has changes along with your icon. I look forward to our many discussions and debates! :D

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Fin_Fan_in_Cali good to see you crossing over, mate! I just have to say you will enjoy it. The discussions are civil and everyone gives thier views without the diatribe you see on the main forums.

It's everything I expected a fan site to be. No insults or harmfull remarks. Nothing but comradery and idea sharing. I look forward to seeing you there.

EDIT: Looks like you're all set up. I see your name color has changes along with your icon. I lok forward to out many discussions and debates! :DThanks Bro! I will be in both foryms, as my brotherin are in both, and I leave no one behind!:beerbang:

BlitPhinFan
08-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks Bro! I will be in both foryms, as my brotherin are in both, and I leave no one behind!:beerbang:

Of course! You will see me in both as well. I can't give up the "party" that is the general discussion. There is fun to be had in both places. I keep both open at the same time. The new section for serious discussion and the general for serious and off the wall fun. You can't beat the general forum for great personalities, I have to mention that. :D

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Of course! You will see me in both as well. I can't give up the "party" that is the general discussion. There is fun to be had in both places. I keep both open at the same time. The new section for serious discussion and the general for serious and off the wall fun. You can't beat the general forum for great personalities, I have to mention that. :DThere is a lot of great people that I have met here at Finheaven. My dealing with AJ have been great, and I am not kissing butt, without him, and this site, where would we wll be? For me being on the left coast, this is my release from work, and my day to day stresses. I appreciate all my fellow fans, VIP or not, I appreciate all of your opinions!:up:

Dubfire
08-10-2005, 10:47 PM
If I ever make it out there to attend a Dolphin home game, we will have to get together, and get to the bottom of a few beers. The definition of few varies, so we could have a great time just figuring that out!:beerbang:

If you ever make it to Florida for a game, you'r welcome by my party for a beer or two or three.....

I always greet the out of town Phin fans with great hospitality!!:drinkers:

McDuffie81
08-10-2005, 10:49 PM
There is a lot of great people that I have met here at Finheaven. My dealing with AJ have been great, and I am not kissing butt, without him, and this site, where would we wll be? For me being on the left coast, this is my release from work, and my day to day stresses. I appreciate all my fellow fans, VIP or not, I appreciate all of your opinions!:up:Yoooooo......thatd be nice. *sips guinness*

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 10:54 PM
If you ever make it to Florida for a game, you'r welcome by my party for a beer or two or three.....

I always greet the out of town Phin fans with great hospitality!!:drinkers:That is my ultimate goal to be able to do that! I would look up you, McDuffie81, Finswin56 ( My boy Joe), Crunch Time if he is out that way. Mike O, Megatron would be great as well. But if any of you are out in So. Cal, please by all means pm me, and we will hook up!:beerbang:

Dubfire
08-10-2005, 10:58 PM
That is my ultimate goal to be able to do that! I would look up you, McDuffie81, Finswin56 ( My boy Joe), Crunch Time if he is out that way. Mike O, Megatron would be great as well. But if any of you are out in So. Cal, please by all means pm me, and we will hook up!:beerbang:

I have met many fans over the last 10 years that I've had my seats that travel from afar to come and see the gams. Always fun and good conversation.

I'm going to post a thread each week there is a home game for any fans that are going to the game to PM me so we can share a beer...

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I have met many fans over the last 10 years that I've had my seats that travel from afar to come and see the gams. Always fun and good conversation.

I'm going to post a thread each week there is a home game for any fans that are going to the game to PM me so we can share a beer...That's great! I think that we need more of that here, that we are a brotherhood of Dolphins fans, and we should try to meet, and take care of one another as much as possible. Some of the members are probably going Fin Fan In Cali is full of Cra@, but I will always do what I can for a fellow Dolphin Fan!:drinkers:

Dubfire
08-10-2005, 11:07 PM
That's great! I think that we need more of that here, that we are a brotherhood of Dolphins fans, and we should try to meet, and take care of one another as much as possible. Some of the members are probably going Fin Fan In Cali is full of Cra@, but I will always do what I can for a fellow Dolphin Fan!:drinkers:

Me too man. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season and meeting some of the fans who post on here.

Nublar7
08-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I love my new improved fancy "News Poster" badge. :banana: :mdfin:

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Me too man. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season and meeting some of the fans who post on here.Funny story. I just moved into this house in April. My cable guy says, don'y you want maore then basic, I said no way, I want that for the Padre Games. I told him, I have the NFL package through direct tv, and I told him my favorite team, and guess what he was Dolphin fan! I said any Sunday come here, and grab a chair. Small world huh?

Fin Fan in Cali
08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I love my new improved fancy "News Poster" badge. :banana: :mdfin:Okay enough of tooting your own horn!:lol:

Phinz1972
08-10-2005, 11:15 PM

Your new badge must be amazing......your one bananna is frozen in shock while the other one dances

Dubfire
08-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Funny story. I just moved into this house in April. My cable guy says, don'y you want maore then basic, I said no way, I want that for the Padre Games. I told him, I have the NFL package through direct tv, and I told him my favorite team, and guess what he was Dolphin fan! I said any Sunday come here, and grab a chair. Small world huh?

We are everywhere man, everywhere.

Nublar7
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Okay enough of tooting your own horn!:lol:
Your badge is very cool also. Muck did a great job on all of them. :)

Muck
08-10-2005, 11:39 PM
That's right. I made them. It was all me. :yes:

:couch:

darkmistress
08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Your badge is very cool also. Muck did a great job on all of them. :)

they're ok....I've seen better... :foundout:

godfater21
08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
What is the difference between a VIP member & a Premium member?

JeffJewell
08-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Just a quick goodbye...

I've been a member at FinHeaven for a long time, even paid to be a Premium Member, back in the day. I wanted to help support AJ in providing what was then an incredibly informative and entertaining website.

Over the past couple of years, I first posted less and less, and now I find I'm evening read the threads less and less. I don't expect the open forum to maintain even its current level of discussion as the VIP forum becomes more popular, so I imagine I won't be reading at all, soon.

I was glad to buy to the Premium Memebership to help support something I thought was valuable, but now I feel as though I'm being blackmailed into contributing by the withholding of the parts that were valuable to me.

I hope FinHeaven is everything you want it to be, it's just not what I want it to be, anymore.

Take care,

Jeff

PHINATIC13
08-11-2005, 12:07 AM
What is the difference between a VIP member & a Premium member?

About $11.50:tongue: Just joking guys.......................:D

Nublar7
08-11-2005, 12:09 AM
they're ok....I've seen better... :foundout:
Dang you guys tricked me. :lol: Nice work DM.

Roman529
08-11-2005, 12:09 AM

Your new badge should say Roman's Sig Maker!!! :whistle: :up: :hail:

HelloMotto
08-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Sweet, glad to pay 24 bucks to get some sanity, now that sanity is being restored to our beloved organization. My only question is, me being so computer illiterate, is there anyone out there that can help create a good signature for me?

how about a picture of a big lollypop sucker. ha ha ha ha :lol:

Nublar7
08-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Just a quick goodbye...

I've been a member at FinHeaven for a long time, even paid to be a Premium Member, back in the day. I wanted to help support AJ in providing what was then an incredibly informative and entertaining website.

Over the past couple of years, I first posted less and less, and now I find I'm evening read the threads less and less. I don't expect the open forum to maintain even its current level of discussion as the VIP forum becomes more popular, so I imagine I won't be reading at all, soon.

I was glad to buy to the Premium Memebership to help support something I thought was valuable, but now I feel as though I'm being blackmailed into contributing by the withholding of the parts that were valuable to me.

I hope FinHeaven is everything you want it to be, it's just not what I want it to be, anymore.

Take care,

Jeff
:cry:

NY_FinFan_72
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I just simply liked going to upload a pic and seeing the words "unlimited"... very cool.

Wildbill3
08-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Just a quick goodbye...

Take care,

JeffJeff, I notice that you have a premium member badge... so I take it you have access to the VIP already? If you do the only thing you that is different about that lounge is no more of the idiocy that occurs in the main forum, come on Jeff, don't you want to go to grandma's for some milk and cookies?;)

McDuffie81
08-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Jeff, I notice that you have a premium member badge... so I take it you have access to the VIP already? If you do the only thing you that is different about that lounge is no more of the idiocy that occurs in the main forum, come on Jeff, don't you want to go to grandma's for some milk and cookies?;)No he doesnt have access. Hes pissed and hes history....unfortunately.

HelloMotto
08-11-2005, 12:25 AM

with the site growing there is a lot of eyeball space available for ad revenue. With there being so many lurkers out there i see alot of ad revenue potential as the site grows with out charging for premium service. I have not donated or contributed a penny to this site. Some will argue i contribute nothing included comments. But what you do get from me is my attention periodically thru out the day checking for breaking news and interesting rumors. This checking in stuff should generate you ad revenue as there are lot of people like me that like to check out but not really get into a big discussion. The premium membership gimmick will generate instant revenue but i still think your going about it the wrong way.

Slappy8800
08-11-2005, 12:27 AM
we have our first casualty

let us all have a moment of silence

Nublar7
08-11-2005, 12:33 AM
No he doesnt have access. Hes pissed and hes history....unfortunately.
He is a premium member, so yes he does have access to the VIP lounge.

Jt0323
08-11-2005, 12:35 AM
wow nice job on the buttons! nice work DM!

McDuffie81
08-11-2005, 12:37 AM
He is a premium member, so yes he does have access to the VIP lounge.I dont understand...read his post one more time. Sounded to me like he couldnt get access (hence the blackmailed part). His premium badge was snagged off his name really fast I noticed.

Nublar7
08-11-2005, 12:40 AM
I dont understand...read his post one more time. Sounded to me like he couldnt get access (hence the blackmailed part). His premium badge was snagged off his name really fast I noticed.
hmm, I see your point now. I saw he had the badge, but it is now gone. What happened?

JeffJewell
08-11-2005, 12:46 AM
I paid my Premium Membership more than a year ago, so I expect no PM-associated priveleges... it is nice that the PM badge never evaporated.

I just wanted to at least mention that I'm really not pissed, I'm sorry if it came off that way. I am disappointed in what I consider the loss of quality of conversation around here... obviously, that's at least part of the reason for the VIP thing in the first place... but I'm also disappointed in this particular solution to the problem.

I didn't mean to stomp out of here in a huff, I just wanted to point out that this decision will likely be a deal-breaker for some number of members.

JeffJewell
08-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Ah, the badge evaporated as I was replying.

Fascinating.

A Wing Pilot
08-11-2005, 12:50 AM
OK for those who can't, won't, or object to the VIP scheme, come up witha better idea, everyone is reading and waiting. How do you suggest tthe site generate enough money to run itself without coming out of the pocket of AJ? Obvisouly the adds aren't cutting it so lets here your ideas. (I don't mean to sound rude, just theres no point in complaining unless you have a better idea)

We all love finheaven, and i can promise you that by not paying $24 , it does not make you a bad member, a dumber member, a anything member. the VIP is a way to keep the site online and because of your donations... you get a few bonus features. thats all nothing more nothing less.

PHINATIC13
08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
OK for those who can't, won't, or object to the VIP scheme, come up witha better idea, everyone is reading and waiting. How do you suggest tthe site generate enough money to run itself without coming out of the pocket of AJ? Obvisouly the adds aren't cutting it so lets here your ideas. (I don't mean to sound rude, just theres no point in complaining unless you have a better idea)

We all love finheaven, and i can promise you that by not paying $24 , it does not make you a bad member, a dumber member, a anything member. the VIP is a way to keep the site online and because of your donations... you get a few bonus features. thats all nothing more nothing less.

That's not necessarily the case. I recently donated more than twice that amount(50). I did it because I wanted to help support the site.I really don't have a problem with the VIP fee of 24 bucks but for those of you that know my posts know I really don't take all this that seriously.Don't misunderstand me I'm a die hard Phinfan.I come here to relax and loosen up I spend all day at work being business like.If I did join it would be to mostly read the threads I have learned alot about my Phins and football in general on this site.Anyways hope the VIP forum provides the funds that is needed to keep the the best damn site around going strong.

Muck
08-11-2005, 01:20 AM
I recently donated more than twice that amount(50).

As with CNC, if you've donated $24 or more, we're more than happy to let you in. :) We have no intention of charging you again (if you wanted access).

I personally don't have a Donator's list. So I'll get with A.J. on that.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 01:32 AM
As with CNC, if you've donated $24 or more, we're more than happy to let you in. :) We have no intention of charging you again (if you wanted access).

I personally don't have a Donator's list. So I'll get with A.J. on that.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

You money mongering *******s!!

:lol: J/K!!

Wildbill3
08-11-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why people don't ask through Pm or through the suggestion box if they have a problem with something. Do you guys think that AJ or Muck or another admin won't talk to you or hear your case?If you have a problem or you feel you are being slighted, get in touch with managment, don't start feeling like they are the enemy.

FinHeavenAJ
08-11-2005, 01:55 AM
As Muck mentioned earlier... if you have donated within the past year please PM me with the PayPal address you used and I'll look it up. If the amount totals more than $24 we'll give you a year subscription. Easy as that.

Note that I say past year only because this is as far back as I can search PayPal - I'm sorry.

FinSinceBirth
08-11-2005, 01:56 AM

In high school you have car washes and fundraisers and the likes to earn money. They work well, but I don't think you can do that for a website.

Just curious, about how much does it take to run the website.

Do we have free hosting(I know nothing of websites but I'm trying to help)? If not can we get free hosting (If that would help)

And this may be a very far fetched Idea....but why don't we ask big H or the organization. I mean, we are a huge dolphin website where thousands of members gather. And aren't we one of the biggest dolphins websites around? Members get to together to tailgate and have a good time and enjoy our beloved dolphins. Maybe a very nice letter to Mr. H from Aj or such could ask for a sum of money donation each year. Maybe in this letter you could explain how this website brings together all fans of his beloved organization. And I'm sure we have to help increase his revenue a little bit. Maybe we can even work out a deal with him. We ad. some of his business' and he gives that donation a year. I understand typical ads don't pay much, but maybe an ad deal with Mr. H could bring in more than a typical ad deal. And we can even make a banner with saying Finheaven thanks Mr. H a gret man that is held up during games by diehard Finheaven members that go to the games. I just hope Mr. H would fund a small yet big website that gathers news and all for our favorite team. Well it was a very crazy but who knows it just may work. I guess it's always worth a try....if the mods agree or haven't already tried. It was just a suggestion and that's what Awing Pilot asked for.

Finheaven Rules.

Phinz1972
08-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Free website is usually limited space and dont have mysql databases(which you need to run Vbulletin board)...the cost of the hosting server that FH is only known to AJ and the other admins

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 02:09 AM

I only have a few questions...I have not seen any posts from any of the mods explaining that finheaven was short on revenue. All of the sudden today..we see this VIP room which at $24 is not cheap...especially for those who have families. It wasnt presented to us in any way that this was to keep the site rolling..and infact I hadnt really even started to see this argument until after the complaints started to come in. What I think most of the problem is...is that you are tying one of the biggest reasons why we all come here..into something you have to pay a premium for. Then we read posts from some who state, "Oh VIP is the bomb...everything I hoped for in a fan site" and yeh...those of us who consider ourselves to be knowledgeable fans and cant drop 24 Dollars in a shot..in the middle of the month when I have bills to pay..get a little irritated reading this. If you want to make this a pay site...make it a pay site. Being able to pay $24 dollars now doesnt make you a more knowledgeable fan.

If you were soliciting suggestions on how to improve the message boards...why didnt you solicit them before you created this VIP thing.

TheAnswer385
08-11-2005, 02:26 AM
OK, I paid my $24. Where's my name thingy?:lol::lol::rofl3::rofl3:

FinHeavenAJ
08-11-2005, 02:28 AM
I just want to point something out again...

News, commentary, training camp reports, all of this great information that is normally found at FinHeaven will be available to EVERYONE.

HelloMotto
08-11-2005, 02:31 AM

Non profit organizations have been doing it for years. raffles. i would actually buy some chances at winning money or cool stuff. I don't think you have even touched the surface on ad revenue. take some of that $24 to an marketing consultant, you would be surprised what you can generate when you have good client base. all members have emails. email is another source of advertising. don't dilute your product, let it work for you.

FinSinceBirth
08-11-2005, 02:36 AM

News, commentary, training camp reports, all of this great information that is normally found at FinHeaven will be available to EVERYONE.

The thing is I long for those threads you have in the VIP, where it's a normal discussion and people are nice. I get tired how evil people are to each other. And don't get me wrong, 24 a year is reasonable and I'd glady pay it but the fact is a lowly sophomore in highschool. I'm sure you remember those days. I have a total of 12 dollars and sadly my mother funds most of what I need. :cry: The fact is I wouldn't be able to convince her to poke out the 24 dollars for a website even if it is a dolphins. She pays for my sunday ticket, how can I ask for this too. Especially since I owe a huge debt to a school function. That's where I'm coming from.

P.S. What did you think about my idea a couple posts ago?

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 02:36 AM

Thanks AJ for the reply..and you gotta know...those of us who spend as much time here...not only appreciate all that you and the other site admin's do..but we would help out financially when ever it were possible. My only problem was in how it was presented to us. My suggestion in the future would be to keep the two issues seperate. Revenue to keep the sight rolling..and different level of message board access should not be tied together. They are two distinctly different issues. Again..my suggestions..not trying to tell you how to run finheaven.

Thanks again

Jt0323
08-11-2005, 02:38 AM
why is everyone getting so upset its not mandatory, there is nothing being taken away from the main forms, its still goona be the same...

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 02:50 AM
why is everyone getting so upset its not mandatory, there is nothing being taken away from the main forms, its still goona be the same...

Its not that we are upset....

And ..it did sound like access to a more moderated message board was being kept from us. When you drop a bomb like this...in a business..you do get customers that complain. Those of us who couldnt drop the money at the moment had some issues..most of which has been cleared up by AJ. Its more of a principal thing. If this is a revenue generating site...then by all means...charge whatever you want. We as paying subscribers will decide whether or not the content warrants the fee.

Alas...some of us couldnt pay it now..just because other priorities have to be met first. We were upset that all of the sudden..most of the good message posting would be done in VIP. Please understand where we are coming from.

I think AJ has cleared most of this up, as I say. At least for me anyways.

Jt0323
08-11-2005, 02:53 AM
most of the good message posting would be done in VIP. Please understand where we are coming from.

the good posting will be every where, it could be in the lounge, general nfl, look at before, Phinz1972 posted a great post in the VIP section, then he posted it in the main forum for everyone else to see. so good post will be in the main forum also

Nublar7
08-11-2005, 02:56 AM
I don't think it will change the quality of the posts at all. All the general Fins talk will still be in the main forum. The VIP section will just be the same topics in maybe a little more depth. I don't think anybody should be worried that this will hurt the main forum.

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 03:03 AM
I don't think it will change the quality of the posts at all. All the general Fins talk will still be in the main forum. The VIP section will just be the same topics in maybe a little more depth. I don't think anybody should be worried that this will hurt the main forum.

It sounds much better to me now than first presented. When I can slide AJ the $24...I most certainly will. To keep the site rolling as far as the Mods not paying anything our of their pockets...keep us fans in the loop as to how we are doing. Similar to NPR...they fundraise to keep the programing going.

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 03:05 AM

...and if it bothers them that much, just pay the 24 dollars.

It's 24 dollars people. Not your left testicle.

There are single course meals more expensive than this.

NY_FinFan_72
08-11-2005, 03:08 AM

:yeahthat:

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 03:10 AM

You know..thats the attitude that pisses people off. Obviously A) Your not married with kids...and or B) you generate a large enough salary that $24 dollars isnt alot. But..it is for some. Its not as easy as just "paying the $24 dollars". So ..please..before you talk...think about what you are saying.

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 03:12 AM
You know..thats the attitude that pisses people off. Obviously A) Your not married with kids...and or B) you generate a large enough salary that $24 dollars isnt alot. But..it is for some. Its not as easy as just "paying the $24 dollars". So ..please..before you talk...think about what you are saying.

LOL!

I AM IN COLLEGE. You think I have money to just p!ss away? No.

I just don't go spend $55 on friggin Madden games that come out every year but are the same exact thing every time.

It's called spending wisely. Sorry if you have kids. That wasn't my fault.

Slappy8800
08-11-2005, 03:12 AM

dont just assume everyone can afford to spend extra money

ill use me as an example

i may roughly 1200 a month

550 goes to rent
330 goes to car insurance
50 goes to cable bill
30 goes to Internet
roughly 100 a month for gass
about 75 for utilities

thts 1135

leaves me with about 65 dollars a month to myself

dont assume things

Surferosa
08-11-2005, 03:13 AM
Im in AJ. Will register shortly. :)

NY_FinFan_72
08-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Just a reminder... it's PayPal. For those strapped for "cash", you can use a Credit Card.

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 03:17 AM
LOL!

I AM IN COLLEGE. You think I have money to just p!ss away? No.

I just don't go spend $55 on friggin Madden games that come out every year but are the same exact thing every time.

It's called spending wisely. Sorry if you have kids. That wasn't my fault.

And I can tell by your immature responses that college is where you belong. Where did the Madden comment come from??? And it is called spending wisely..and spending wisely means having to cut out some of the things you would like to have..but cant do at the moment. You have no other person to be responsible for other than yourself.

NY_FinFan_72
08-11-2005, 03:19 AM
This is the type of conversation I won't miss...

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 03:20 AM
And I can tell by your immature responses that college is where you belong. Where did the Madden comment come from??? And it is called spending wisely..and spending wisely means having to cut out some of the things you would like to have..but cant do at the moment. You have no other person to be responsible for other than yourself.

OK guy, I obviously struck a nerve.

Don't get this personal vendetta against me just because I said 24 bucks ain't that much.

When did I say something bad about "vt_dolfan" ?

The Madden comment was a generalization. Most college kids complain that they are always strapped for cash, yet they magically find this money for video games and such.

Calm down. You are very defensive.

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 03:21 AM
This is the type of conversation I won't miss...

Exactly. Point out to me where I said something personal about him.

He starts with the name calling, yet I'm the immature one.

Ehh, oh well.

Slappy8800
08-11-2005, 03:23 AM
to his defense there was no one else posting

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 03:25 AM
to his defense there was no one else posting

I was referring to the hundreds of others complaining about the VIP section too. VT thinks I was trying to be condescending, when I was not.

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 03:27 AM

Don't get this personal vendetta against me just because I said 24 bucks ain't that much.

The Madden comment was a generalization. Most college kids complain that they are always strapped for cash, yet they magically find this money for video games and such.

Its cool..I just wanted you to realize that $24 isnt just chump change. I dont have any personal vendetta against you at all..and to be honest...enjoy your posts very much. I didnt want to turn this into a bitching match. I was a little peeved...I vented..its over.

We cool?

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Its cool..I just wanted you to realize that $24 isnt just chump change. I dont have any personal vendetta against you at all..and to be honest...enjoy your posts very much. I didnt want to turn this into a bitching match. I was a little peeved...I vented..its over.

We cool?

Definitely. Don't worry.

And if the comment came across as condescending, I definitely did not mean for it to be.

Slappy8800
08-11-2005, 03:31 AM
:'( thats so sweet

NY_FinFan_72
08-11-2005, 03:39 AM
Listen, I can tell everyone right now that there is way more "fresh" information in the main forum than there is in the VIP Forum right now. The VIP Forum currently has 9 threads, and the topics are all topics I've seen today on the main board.

Here's how I think it's gonna work. Everything will be posted in the main forum first, just like always. People who want to discuss this news in a more "civilized" manner than what we see here in the main forum, will have a place to go and discuss news that was originally posted in the main forum. Oh, and you get more room to upload stuff in the Photo Gallery. That's it.

People who do not sign up for the VIP will not be excluded from anything. They will not really notice a difference in the site. They will just have to continue to wade through BS posts and threads and conversations and trolls and Bills/Jets/Patriots fans and arguing, etc.... that's all.

If you enjoy the site the way it is, cool. Again, you won't notice a difference. Those who sign up for the VIP will still be posting in the main forum. I know I will.

But if you want a place to go to have serious conversations about the team, in a civilized and intelligent manner, save your pennies and sign up for the VIP.

vt_dolfan
08-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Listen, I can tell everyone right now that there is way more "fresh" information in the main forum than there is in the VIP Forum right now. The VIP Forum currently has 9 threads, and the topics are all topics I've seen today on the main board.

Here's how I think it's gonna work. Everything will be posted in the main forum first, just like always. People who want to discuss this news in a more "civilized" manner than what we see here in the main forum, will have a place to go and discuss news that was originally posted in the main forum. Oh, and you get more room to upload stuff in the Photo Gallery. That's it.

People who do not sign up for the VIP will not be excluded from anything. They will not really notice a difference in the site. They will just have to continue to wade through BS posts and threads and conversations and trolls and Bills/Jets/Patriots fans and arguing, etc.... that's all.

If you enjoy the site the way it is, cool. Again, you won't notice a difference. Those who sign up for the VIP will still be posting in the main forum. I know I will.

But if you want a place to go to have serious conversations about the team, in a civilized and intelligent manner, save your pennies and sign up for the VIP.

I understand where you all are coming from...trust me I do. And..given the information you have just relayed..coupled with AJ's response..I think youll see the complaints come to an end. In the end..lets all hope for some more intelligent posts from here on out.

NY_FinFan_72
08-11-2005, 03:54 AM
I understand where you all are coming from...trust me I do. And..given the information you have just relayed..coupled with AJ's response..I think youll see the complaints come to an end. In the end..lets all hope for some more intelligent posts from here on out.

I think that's the goal... in both forums. :D

TerryTate
08-11-2005, 03:57 AM
There's one point that I want to make here. The VIPs spend hours upon hours on the website...and since the VIP section will naturally be less populated then main, you can bank on the fact that most of these members will still participate in most threads in main. Regular members, you definitely won't be losing much if anything at all out of this deal.

We aren't withholding any insider information either. The main forum will still be in great shape, and it is what you guys make of it. Despite the complaining about the quality going down at times, this still is the most intelligent section that talks dolphins football across the world wide web! Take one look at the Miami Dolphins ESPN message boards to see what I am talking about. We will still do our job to the best of our ability and moderate the main section. We will still smack down violators regardless of where they violate our terms of service.

DolphinDevil28
08-11-2005, 04:00 AM
There's one point that I want to make here. The VIPs spend hours upon hours on the website...and since the VIP section will naturally be less populated then main, you can bank on the fact that most of these members will still participate in most threads in main. Regular members, you definitely won't be losing much if anything at all out of this deal.

We aren't withholding any insider information either. The main forum will still be in great shape, and it is what you guys make of it. Despite the complaining about the quality going down at times, this still is the most intelligent section that talks dolphins football across the world wide web! Take one look at the Miami Dolphins ESPN message boards to see what I am talking about. We will still do our job to the best of our ability and moderate the main section. We will still smack down violators regardless of where they violate our terms of service.

Exactly.

And if I may make one other observation. The VIP section is a fund raiser. It's not to make a special "click" where you have the bullies in one corner and the J.P. Losmans in the other.

I've always wanted to donate to the site, but I never knew how to. Now, I was able to contribute, but instead of a "donator" badge, I get a "VIP" one. :mdfin:

muscle979
08-11-2005, 05:35 AM
I think it's a pretty good idea. I'm sorry to say you'll have to take a rain check from me for a few months right now. I'm still deployed and I don't get on the site enough these days to justify the expense just yet. Definitely a great way to encourage donations though IMO.

Muck
08-11-2005, 08:56 AM
My only problem was in how it was presented to us. My suggestion in the future would be to keep the two issues seperate. Revenue to keep the sight rolling..and different level of message board access should not be tied together.

And that's what we did because that's what we believe. In the first post, A.J. didn't say anything about revenue for the site. Just that we're offering the VIP option.

Nobody needs to apologize or offer an explanation as to why they choose to not subscribe. It's your life. It's your money. We're not trying to tell anyone they're not a big fan or that they have to pay us for anything. Just offering a "supply" for what we interperated as a "demand".

In the words of Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis, "That's it and that's all, man." :)

finswin56
08-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Well said.

Dubfire
08-11-2005, 09:11 AM

I see where you are both coming from but I ten to agree with vt more. $24 is not the same to everyone. Everytime you make a generalization like that, be aware.

I look at the VIP thing as a way for me to a) contribute to the site b) get away from some of the stuff that goes on in the main forums (ie. pissing contests with fans of rival teams) c) strictly voluntary. I will still post in both forums and read both.

VIP lounge will be my break every now and then.

I dont see is the major, site changing revolution it's been made out to be since AJ made the announcement.

GoPhins!
08-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi. Great Idea! I just signed up. And to the posts that worry about the main forum losing information, if that happens then perhaps they can make the VIP forum read only for registered members and can only post if VIP member? Just a thought to keep the information out there and available to all. :D

GoPhins!
08-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey I can see that it addedd a FinHeaven VIP title under my name but how do I get one of the little vip banners?

Canadianfishfan
08-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Well Ive just read all 16 pages of this thread. My feelings are that once i heard the Finheaven Advertisements on 790... i knew that charging for something was coming.

That being said... $24/YEAR isnt alot. i dont now how anyone can really justify complaining about $2/month.

Not that being said..Im not trying to alienate anyone. Im not supporting one side or another.... everyone has a right to an opinion... but lets take this into account.

It costs MONEY to run a website... and SERIOUS MONEY for the4 amout of hits this site must get. So i dont know how many guys run this site but that $$$ out of their pocket so we can all get out dose for FREE. Its an awesome fan site. News info, updates and incredible... we can all agree to that.

Like it was present.. paying is optional. You dont have pay it. But then... the guys running the site dont have to either.

By the way.. I live in Toronto canada.. and I'm not YET a VIP member.. and no I dont work for finheaven.. but i do have a few sites... and they cost money to run... and with the number of people on this site constantly... it must cost alot.
chip in pay the $2/month.. and support the people who spend the time they spend that allows us to enjoy the Phins as much as we do.

Just my 2 cents (ni pun intended!)

zephon
08-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Where in Mexico, zephon?

Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico. Pac Coast right between Puerto Vi to the north and Acapulco to the south. I SHOULD be their the 1st week of Sept but all of a sudden the business owner I was going to work for hasn't been heard from in about 3 days....by anyone! I haven't talked to him in 3 weeks even though I've left him a couple messages. He's still got to send me my ticket...that was part of the deal (that and a free condo with all basic bills paid!).

Anyway, that's likely more info than you needed to know but that's that.

WharfRat
08-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Hey I can see that it addedd a FinHeaven VIP title under my name but how do I get one of the little vip banners?

It's coming...we're trying to catch up with ourselves... be patient with us! :D

FinHeavenAJ
08-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Should have it now :cool:

GoPhins!
08-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Should have it now :cool:

Thank you! :D

GoPhins!
08-11-2005, 01:56 PM
It's coming...we're trying to catch up with ourselves... be patient with us! :D

Sorry, I didn't realize that it had to be done manually. :)

Phinz1972
08-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize that it had to be done manually. :)

If I remember the awards hack right, they have a image for each subscriber level(like saying 1st place gets gold, 2nd gets silver, etc...), and you have to use the area in the admin panel and put "has award* or *can show award* or somewhere along those lines(i forget the exact wording, put I can did it on my forums with vbulletin before)

NaboCane
08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico. Pac Coast right between Puerto Vi to the north and Acapulco to the south. I SHOULD be their the 1st week of Sept but all of a sudden the business owner I was going to work for hasn't been heard from in about 3 days....by anyone! I haven't talked to him in 3 weeks even though I've left him a couple messages. He's still got to send me my ticket...that was part of the deal (that and a free condo with all basic bills paid!).

Anyway, that's likely more info than you needed to know but that's that.

Dude, I was in Manzanillo a few long years ago, at Las Hadas resort. Extraordinarily beautiful place, much more so than a lot of the more popular tourist spots in Mexico.

Hotter than a hot day in hell, though; the last two days I was there, the temps were in the 115-120 degree range, with humidity right around 100%. Very, very uncomfortable. But overall, I have to say I loved it there. The town of Manzanillo proper is an awesome place, some of the friendliest people there.

Good luck, stay in touch and let us know how it's going there!

34dontlosethat#
08-11-2005, 02:04 PM
How about I make a deal with who ever hands out the VIP membership. You name any score on Gorlog (game in the arcade) and if I match or surpass that score i get the VIP membership free for a year.

WharfRat
08-11-2005, 02:19 PM
If I remember the awards hack right, they have a image for each subscriber level(like saying 1st place gets gold, 2nd gets silver, etc...), and you have to use the area in the admin panel and put "has award* or *can show award* or somewhere along those lines(i forget the exact wording, put I can did it on my forums with vbulletin before)

Yes... but we were having problems with the hack... so AJ and Muck were puting them in manually...

Phinz1972
08-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes... but we were having problems with the hack... so AJ and Muck were puting them in manually...

Yeah, that hack acts up sometimes, thats why I scraped it and made my own version of it.

inFINSible
08-11-2005, 03:24 PM
How about I make a deal with who ever hands out the VIP membership. You name any score on Gorlog (game in the arcade) and if I match or surpass that score i get the VIP membership free for a year.
What does the site get out of that?

34dontlosethat#
08-11-2005, 03:56 PM
What does the site get out of that?

New high score

byroan
08-11-2005, 04:06 PM
New high score

Which benefits the site how?

Jt0323
08-11-2005, 04:29 PM
New high score

yeah i dont see where ur going with this...

byroan
08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
yeah i dont see where ur going with this...

I must really help the site out then. :chuckle:

Jt0323
08-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I must really help the site out then. :chuckle:

VanDolPhan
08-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Cool. I don't get paid till mid sept but I'll be in for that :)

Minnphin
08-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I've got a suggestion.

I'm really on the fence about whether or not I want to sign up for this VIP thing. I'd recommend that you give the VIP thing a month to get built up a little bit. At that point, have a free vewing week or weekend. A weekend where everybody can read the board, but only the VIP's can post in it. That way, the rest of us can get an idea about whether or not its worth the money to us. Kind of like how HBO used to have free preview weekends. Just a thought.

A Wing Pilot
08-11-2005, 08:19 PM
I've got a suggestion.

I'm really on the fence about whether or not I want to sign up for this VIP thing. I'd recommend that you give the VIP thing a month to get built up a little bit. At that point, have a free vewing week or weekend. A weekend where everybody can read the board, but only the VIP's can post in it. That way, the rest of us can get an idea about whether or not its worth the money to us. Kind of like how HBO used to have free preview weekends. Just a thought.

Not really a fan of the idea myself but this is what i was talking about earlier. At least you came up with an idea!! Kudos to you!!! I'd pay your first year if i had the cash. hmmm maybe i could start a VIP scholarship fund :D

cnc66
08-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Not really a fan of the idea myself but this is what i was talking about earlier. At least you came up with an idea!! Kudos to you!!! I'd pay your first year if i had the cash. hmmm maybe i could start a VIP scholarship fund :D

I was thinkin about something like that. VIP for a day, scholarship fund for worthy broke guys, sumpin'