PDA

View Full Version : MADDEN or NCAA

saves
08-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Now I'm a hardcore madden fan, and have been forever now, but so far I think this years NCAA is a better game. The passing cones are hard to control if your QB isn't good, and using the right analog stick is even harder than locking onto a reciever, which causes safties to creep over. In NCAA d-lineman used the right analog stick to swim,bull rush and such and that was a great feature, why is it not used in madden? Also NCAA has jukes using the right analog, at first i found that wierd but now I prefer it to the r1 r2 jukes, I don't see why madden would have changed it, the truck stick could have still be utilized. Also in franchise mode that tony bruno guy is back again and he is lame as hell, EA has to do something about that. It is also still hard to pass deep with single coverage, not a problem in ncaa. The precision passing is really nice, but I'm about at the point where im going to turn of the passing cones and just play Madden like its always been played.

Does anyone else who played this years NCAA prefer it to Madden 06?

saves
08-10-2005, 12:14 PM
ah i screwed up and voted for madden, switch my vote haha!

arsenal
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
just cause its more difficult doesn't mean its worse, i like the passing cone a new challenge, i dont wnat a game thast ridiculously easy... ncaa was coo, but im liking madden a little more right now, but i haven't gotten into it too much yet...

MillerTime
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Madden

Scrap
08-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Madden ..... NCAA is WAY to easy to run on.

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Madden, it gose more indepth...

saves
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Another quirk I found with madden, the blocking on special teams is ridiculous. They stand there and look at you.

And I like a challenge too, but those passing cones are just akward.

How can you say Madden is more in-depth. Have you ever done a dynasty with NCAA? You have to recruit which is more in-depth than anything on madden, now in season too, budget, players get suspended, you can get offers from different schools, theres tons more to an NCAA dynasty than an Madden franchise.

Don't get me wrong, I like Madden, but so far I'm not as blown away as I would like to have been.

THOMAS_54
08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Madden

Scrap
08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
You have to recruit which is more in-depth than anything on madden, now in season too, budget, players get suspended, you can get offers from different schools, theres tons more to an NCAA dynasty than an Madden franchise.

That crap takes way too long.

I traded mine in at Blockbuster for 36 bucks the other night.

saves
08-10-2005, 02:14 PM
That crap takes way too long.

I traded mine in at Blockbuster for 36 bucks the other night.

It never took long for me, and it is very in-depth, that can't be disputed.

Scrap
08-10-2005, 02:42 PM
It never took long for me, and it is very in-depth, that can't be disputed.

No doubt it's in depth. The game is just not my flavor, though. ;)

saves
08-10-2005, 06:33 PM
No doubt it's in depth. The game is just not my flavor, though. ;)

I was just saying that it was deep in regards to the madden is more in-depth comment from above. :)

AirFishOne
08-11-2005, 12:39 AM
NCAA I love the tradition that it has and the Dynasty mOde is so much more depaer than Franchise.

darkmistress
08-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Madden but only because we don't get NCAA

UCFinfan86
08-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Madden

Ncaa was way to easy to pass deep, way to easy to run, the option was way to easy if u have a QB even semi fast.
Madden gameplay is a little more realistic. The passing cone is cool its another challenge which im having trouble with though. Im taking to many sacks. I really like the truck stick, its cool. As for the jukes i don't care because im use to using hte L1 and R1 buttons anyway.