PDA

View Full Version : Am I a Cheeser? What is a Cheeser?

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
OK PrimeTime i'm looking to you because i know you are madden man.

-I don't want to be a "cheeser", in fact i always thought i played straight game...ive never glitched or any of that in the past.

first let me setup the scenario ...last night im about to play this guy and he is gonna be the colts, me phins....so at first i was like "nah ....ill get spanked" but then decided to play anyway cuz colts defense is not great.

so anyways he jumps up 14-0 immediately and i decide to just buckle down and play 'smart' ....i soon neutralized marvin harrison and i had some decent passrush on manning.

anyways 2 mins left in the game i intercept the ball with a lead of 23-16 or so....and this guy presses start and starts sending me text messages calling me cheeser, lame *** etc. going on about how i dropped my db's into an audible or some **** like that..i dunno....

OH YEAH i pissed him off cuz i was runnin runnin runnin...then i did a playaction and burned him for a TD to chris chambers perfect play.....so he said its cheesy to run the slot or w/e i dunno.

anyways the moral is i was using the phins and doing anything i could to score...i barely know how to audible...was this guy a douche? or could i have been cheesing? he quit the game...so i didnt get the win which sucks....that pissed me off so bad cuz i played a damn good game and won rightfully.

any thoughts?

Amars
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
nah you won. He just a sore looser

washFin84
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
OK PrimeTime i'm looking to you because i know you are madden man.

-I don't want to be a "cheeser", in fact i always thought i played straight game...ive never glitched or any of that in the past.

first let me setup the scenario ...last night im about to play this guy and he is gonna be the colts, me phins....so at first i was like "nah ....ill get spanked" but then decided to play anyway cuz colts defense is not great.

so anyways he jumps up 14-0 immediately and i decide to just buckle down and play 'smart' ....i soon neutralized marvin harrison and i had some decent passrush on manning.

anyways 2 mins left in the game i intercept the ball with a lead of 23-16 or so....and this guy presses start and starts sending me text messages calling me cheeser, lame *** etc. going on about how i dropped my db's into an audible or some **** like that..i dunno....

OH YEAH i pissed him off cuz i was runnin runnin runnin...then i did a playaction and burned him for a TD to chris chambers perfect play.....so he said its cheesy to run the slot or w/e i dunno.

anyways the moral is i was using the phins and doing anything i could to score...i barely know how to audible...was this guy a douche? or could i have been cheesing? he quit the game...so i didnt get the win which sucks....that pissed me off so bad cuz i played a damn good game and won rightfully.

any thoughts?Sounds like a pu$$y to me. That colts dude is a loser. If he starts sending you messages like that because you're winning late in the game and seal the deal with an int than he is a sore loser. Especially when he was using Manning. You can do anything you want to in the game if lets you during online play. For gosh sakes it's on "fair play" :lol: . I have personally played in 05 people who do the same play over and over and over and over and back to back to back. SAME PLAY :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that is cheese. But running on his a$$ and than PA :lol: what a doucsh. Challenge him again. He just didn't like the loss in the column :lol:

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 04:06 PM
well i guess i deserved it....as prime time can attest to i have gotten mad like this guy got mad like 2 years ago (if PT even remembers this) ....but not quite as bad as him.....i play alot smarter now i think (used to ask madden for ever defense lol)....and am more serious about the game...im loving it so far but people that quit ruin the online experience

the key is to get into a league or something with quality players. or build your friends list through good experiences with other players

Jt0323
08-10-2005, 04:22 PM
u won a fair game and he just got p/o so he called u a cheeser...he cant handel a loss...

Dolfan984
08-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Did you just run Chambers in the slot 24/7 if so than that's kinda cheap, but he should still be able to cover it.

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
no...i spread the ball around alot....if i was doing that with chambers it was purely unintentional....i did alot of variations of plays and threw to many different targets.

ran alot...prolly 110 yards on the ground between ricky and ronnie....

maybe lets change our path here:

What things do people do to make them a cheeser?

Crisis
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
no...i spread the ball around alot....if i was doing that with chambers it was purely unintentional....i did alot of variations of plays and threw to many different targets.

ran alot...prolly 110 yards on the ground between ricky and ronnie....

maybe lets change our path here:

What things do people do to make them a cheeser?

He's 9 years old. Cheeser? LOL.

MillerTime
08-10-2005, 04:45 PM
If someone quits you can continue against the computer and get the win, just to let you know.

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 04:47 PM
He's 9 years old. Cheeser? LOL.

hehe yeah probably.....thats why i prefer mic games because people have a tendency to be alot more ..."classy" i guess...

cheeser is a term that gets thrown around alot in madden online so i was just looking for:

Prime Time's Top 10 No No's in Online Madden:
etc.

lol

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 04:48 PM
If someone quits you can continue against the computer and get the win, just to let you know.

i dont think so.....i think you only get stats from the game..not sure tho. i did complete the game against the computer and didn't see my record change :(

i hope ur right.

Pagan
08-10-2005, 04:51 PM
He's just an a$$ who hates losing.

Playing MVP baseball you have people like that who stop the game and demand, "THROW STRIKES ONLY!" I always reply with "if it isn't a strike, DON'T SWING!" :lol:

They don't want to play strategy, they just want to pad their stats.

Prime Time
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
From your side of the story, no you weren't cheesing. An example of cheesing can be but is not limited to, using a WR as a QB to just scramble and gain yards, use plays that glitch etc.

And yes I remember the thing that happened a couple years ago :lol:

PhinsPhan
08-10-2005, 06:09 PM
if you have to ask you are a cheeser. But seriously, you are not, but you should know that.

dolfan_101
08-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Sounds like a pu$$y to me. That colts dude is a loser. If he starts sending you messages like that because you're winning late in the game and seal the deal with an int than he is a sore loser. Especially when he was using Manning. You can do anything you want to in the game if lets you during online play. For gosh sakes it's on "fair play" :lol: . I have personally played in 05 people who do the same play over and over and over and over and back to back to back. SAME PLAY :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that is cheese. But running on his a$$ and than PA :lol: what a doucsh. Challenge him again. He just didn't like the loss in the column :lol:

In '05 don't the defenders awarness raised if you keep running the same play so it would be harder to keep running the same play???

Bobby Humphrey
08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
I have a story about a bad madden on-line game too

The other day I was going to play this guy. I was the colts and he was the phins. I jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead when this guy went all cheese on me. he cheesely neutralized marvin harrison and had some decent passrush on manning. Anyways, he picks me off with like 2 mins to go and was leading 23-16, so I press start and sent him some text messages letting him know he is a cheeser, lame *** etc. So I went on how he dropped his db's into an audible. To top it off, when I was playing this guy he was running, running, running. What a jerk.

Anyways, I feel like playing a game right now. Phin-o-rama want to play a game?

Prime Time
08-10-2005, 08:51 PM

The other day I was going to play this guy. I was the colts and he was the phins. I jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead when this guy went all cheese on me. he cheesely neutralized marvin harrison and had some decent passrush on manning. Anyways, he picks me off with like 2 mins to go and was leading 23-16, so I press start and sent him some text messages letting him know he is a cheeser, lame *** etc. So I went on how he dropped his db's into an audible. To top it off, when I was playing this guy he was running, running, running. What a jerk.

:roflmao: :up:

Phin-o-rama
08-10-2005, 10:06 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

PaPhinz
08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I can give you some examples of what is consider cheesing in NCAA football online, i haven't played madden enough to see it with the exception of the Vick show.

People used to put their fastest player in at QB, run hail mary, and then take off around the outside because nobody could catch them. Same is done with Marcus Vick and Vince Young, they do that, use hurry up offense until they score. It can be stopped but it's a pain in the a$$ because of how slow everyone is and the computer AI is not that great at reacting. Running a lot and then playaction is just intelligent playing not cheesing and neither is audibling into a better defense :)