PDA

View Full Version : My Online Is not working...

Prime Time
08-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, I use to play online with 56K in years past but about 3 weeks ago I upgraded myself to Bellsouth DSL...but when I try to install a setting to play online, it doesn't work. My friend who is good with sutff like this is going to come over tommorow and help me but he's tried over the phone and we haven't gotten anything done, so does anyone know how I can fix this so I can play online again? Thanks.

:(

PaPhinz
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Make sure that PPoE i think it is, is set to yes if you're using DSL, also if you have they gave you a static IP make sure you enter all that stuff in, if not make sure it's set to get IP address, DNS info automatically.

One other thing to do, if you are just switching plugs between computer and PS2 you should pull the power on the DSL and then turn it back on after you plug the PS2 in, sometimes it has problems giving an IP addy if you don't.

PhinsPhan
08-10-2005, 11:48 PM
bit off topic but how was 56K? I cant imagine playing a game like that after being on xbox live with broadband.

Prime Time
08-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Not bad really, only bad thing is if someone calls you get disconnected.

Prime Time
08-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Make sure that PPoE i think it is, is set to yes if you're using DSL, also if you have they gave you a static IP make sure you enter all that stuff in, if not make sure it's set to get IP address, DNS info automatically.

One other thing to do, if you are just switching plugs between computer and PS2 you should pull the power on the DSL and then turn it back on after you plug the PS2 in, sometimes it has problems giving an IP addy if you don't.

No offense but that looks chinese to me. I don't know what some of that stuff is.

PaPhinz
08-11-2005, 12:31 AM
If you're using ps2 when you setup your online connection it asks you those questions i think. If you want you can hit me up on AIM at dolem1te18 if you wanna try to get it going before your buddy comes over. If you are using ps2 and your friend gets you online lemme know we can try to get a game in, i'm 3-1 with the phins online which is good for me :)