PDA

View Full Version : Shows that have Jumped the Shark

DolphinDevil28
08-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Everyone post a show that is still on air but you feel has jumped the shark.

I'll start.

ESPN Sportscenter. God, it's awfull these days.

Jt0323
08-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Malcome in the middle

AirFishOne
08-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Sadly That 70s Show, it suked Topher Grace left, but I still love that show.

Phinz1972
08-12-2005, 01:51 AM
King of Queens(it hasn't yet, but it will soon because whats her name in real life wants more money because she is making like only 7% of what Kevin James is making or she is leaving........then if she leaves, I'm p*ssed because she is hot...well was before she started putting on the pounds)

Jt0323
08-12-2005, 01:56 AM
King of Queens(it hasn't yet, but it will soon because whats her name in real life wants more money because she is making like only 7% of what Kevin James is making or she is leaving........then if she leaves, I'm p*ssed because she is hot...well was before she started putting on the pounds)

i love that show! its my favorite! but yeah i think its goona end real soon, i am hoping they reach the 200th mark... They will get 196 by the end of this season and i hope they go for one last one...

also

So who really is king of the castle? Following weeks of intense negotiations — and helped along by the absence of Everybody Loves Raymond (http://tvguide.com/redirect?keyword=everybody+loves+raymond) as CBS' favorite child —Leah Remini (http://tvguide.com/redirect?keyword=leah+remini) has inked a deal for another year of CBS' King of Queens (http://tvguide.com/TVGOL/Templates/Summary/redirect?keyword=king+of+queens). The actress effectively tripled her salary, insiders tell Variety, and now enjoys a payday somewhere in the same neighborhood as leading man Kevin James (http://tvguide.com/redirect?keyword=kevin+james), who nets $400,000 per episode for his role as King's lovable lug. (James also gets a second paycheck as a producer.) The buzz is that the Queens twosome now might be network television's highest-paid stars, although Matt LeBlanc takes in a tidy sum for entertaining Joey's remaining viewers.
http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html&ref_id=239&tid=12559&ref_type=101

She will be their next year...

Phinz1972
08-12-2005, 01:58 AM
She will be their next year...

Thank god!

*hint hint...google image search for her and see the nice pictures in binkinis and such lol*

Muck
08-12-2005, 03:06 AM
ESPN in general. Once they started showing spelling bees and putt putt golf, the damage was done.

I'll nominate MTV's Real World series. All they do now is find a bunch of hoeish drama kings and queens and see how fast they can hook up and fight with each other.

Buddwalk
08-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Im gonna take the out of nowhere guess...Im gonna say the news

Just not enough crap to report anymore...just crap

Phinz1972
08-12-2005, 03:15 AM
ESPN in general. Once they started showing spelling bees and putt putt golf, the damage was done.

C'mon Muck, you know that you yell "Your spelling it wrong Moron....jeez, I could win that title of champion" at the kids on tv in the spelling bees

LtDan
08-12-2005, 04:57 AM
King of Queens(it hasn't yet, but it will soon because whats her name in real life wants more money because she is making like only 7% of what Kevin James is making or she is leaving........then if she leaves, I'm p*ssed because she is hot...well was before she started putting on the pounds)Yeah those pounds she put on are called a BABY!!

TokyoFishFan
08-12-2005, 05:46 AM
MTV as a whole. Bring back the original MUSIC television without all those shows and other nonsense.

Phinz1972
08-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Yeah those pounds she put on are called a BABY!!

What? D*mnit, there goes my chances with her :lol:

King Nate
08-12-2005, 06:29 AM
X-Files when David Duchovny left. Talk about complete nosedive. It got boring and it got boring fast. They should have just ended it when he left but for some reason they tried to keep it going a little longer with the Terminator from T-2. Watching one of my favorite shows of all-time die horrifically was very painful.

d-day
08-12-2005, 08:16 AM
What? D*mnit, there goes my chances with her :lol:

well at least you know she *****

mor911
08-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I though Sealab 2021 was a great show that got dumb after the second season.

UltraDol-Fan
08-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Survivor, Big Brother, any reality show, those makeover shows, Trading Spaces, Dream Home Makeover...

Noodle Arm
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Obvious choices: The Simpsons, Will & Grace, ER, Any sitcom on ABC other than The George Lopez Show, Malcolm in the Middle, The Tony Danza Show :lol:

NaboCane
08-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I'd have to go with ESPN in general.

When they started, I watched them all the time, and they performed the function they were supposed to very well.

Now it's "sportstertaintment," and it sucks ***. Mostly a bunch of sad white guys trying to be all urban hip.

Phinz1972
08-12-2005, 10:17 AM
well at least you know she *****

Very true...so there is hope! The stalking and hiding in the bushes shall continue
:lol:

Amars
08-12-2005, 02:32 PM
sportscenter but I know we all still watch it. The tonight show with Jay Leno has to go.

RWhitney014
08-12-2005, 02:57 PM

I'll nominate MTV's Real World series. All they do now is find a bunch of hoeish drama kings and queens and see how fast they can hook up and fight with each other.

How quickly we forget that ESPN started with the World Ultimate Frisbee Championships...

I think it's Monday Night Football. They schedule the games before the season starts, so by Week 8 none of the games are interesting anymore unless it's your team or a rival. Who wants to watch Cardinals-Raiders in December?

Clark Kent
08-12-2005, 03:02 PM

Easily...

I've only seen a few episodes, but it's awful. Danny is hooking up with that hot *** ***** Mel, and he complains about not getting to hook up with other girls. Have some real problems, jackass.

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
ESPN Classic

Stop showing bowling, pool, swimming, and any other stupidness. There are plenty of football, baseball, and basketball games to show that crap.

Pagan
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
The Sopranos

Last season blew chunks except for the episode where they killed Adriana.

NaboCane
08-12-2005, 03:50 PM
The Sopranos

Yeah. I've never seen a good show meander like that one did; the previous season was terrible too, that season-ending episode sucked ***. I want to see some coupious blood let in this upcoming season - like Tony and his crew whacking the NY guys (especially Phil, the hateful prick) now that John is in the can.

finataxia24
08-12-2005, 03:51 PM
The Sopranos

but the sopranos last season was still head & shoulders above any of the crap on TV...

i always wanted a dvd set of the sopranos which season do u think is worth buying?

NaboCane
08-12-2005, 03:52 PM
but the sopranos last season was still head & shoulders above any of the crap on TV...

i always wanted a dvd set of the sopranos which season do u think is worth buying?

Two, without a doubt; the show was in full stride then, it was awesome. You can't have 2 without 1, though.

Jt0323
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
sportscenter but I know we all still watch it. The tonight show with Jay Leno has to go.

thats gone in 2009, Coanen (sp) is taking over

finataxia24
08-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Two, without a doubt; the show was in full stride then, it was awesome. You can't have 2 without 1, though.

thanks ok back on topic fear factor that **** was funny for like 3 shows after that it should have been canned

backpacker
08-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Sadly That 70s Show, it suked Topher Grace left, but I still love that show.

have they started to air the new season yet? i thout he left to africa cuz of the storyline, not cuz he was leaving the show. how come he left?

Timmy54
08-12-2005, 06:02 PM
24, it just isnt hot anymore, it has lost its edge.

Jimi
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
24, it just isnt hot anymore, it has lost its edge.

Altho i like the previous season better 24 is still the best show on televison in my oppinion. Jack Bauer,David Palmer,Tony Almaida- great characters(specially Jack, hes like a white Tony Montana:lol: )

Pagan
08-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Then you need to watch House and Rescue Me.