PDA

View Full Version : Review: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

JPhinfan86
08-12-2005, 05:16 AM
Ok, this game I must say I was extremely dissapointed with. My number one problem was the fact that this game has very little to do with the Mogadishu incident. I'm a military history buff so this aggrevated me to no end. They used the name "Black Hawk Down" to 'cash in' on the popularity of the recent movie.

Cons: 1.) Graphics are just plain plain :lol: The most impressive aspects of the game are the looks (alone) of the guns. Beyond that its very simple and unimpressive. 2.) EVERY SINGLE ENEMY is d@mn near identical. It's like shooting the same 2 guys over and over. 3.)At the beginning of a campaign you are given the option of playing as a sniper, rifleman and a few other option. There is absolutely no difference in the way you execute the missions if you pick one or the other. Beyond this there is really nothing else to say. If not for "First To Fight" I would call this one of the worst military games i've played recently.

AND PLEASE TRUST ME ON THIS ONE..........as I said, i'm a huge military history buff and games subsequently.

NOTE: Here's an amazing finding i've come across. The Playstation 2 version is MUCH MUCH MUCH more horrible than the XBOX version. I do not know what the reason for this is but if you ever get the chance play the two and compare....i'll GUARANTEE you'll be shocked. I have never seen a cross-console difference this big. So the plain and unimpressive XBOX version gets even worse for PS2 owners.

Here is a link to GameRankings.com showing a few publications average ranking for the two. This is what originally motivated me to view the two in a direct comparison.

DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN XBOX VERSION (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/561611.asp?q=delta) AVERAGE: 68.5% from 91 publications

DELTA FORCE: BLACK HAWK DOWN PLAYSTATION 2 VERSION (http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/searchresult.asp?term=delta&itemid=561607) 53.7% from 59 publications

The only one Pro for this game would be for those in it for online play. The XBOX version supports up to 50 players at a time. So that may be one point of interest for some.

mor911
08-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Awesome review man. Thanks. It's nice to see that some gamers still can create threads on something besides another madden thread.

Thanks for the info :D

Jt0323
08-12-2005, 01:06 PM
i was thinking of buying this game a while ago, now im not

Timmy54
08-12-2005, 10:09 PM
thanks for the info, i was thinking of trying this one out, i guess i will wait for Socom 3

JPhinfan86
08-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Honestly....it really is that bad and i'm glad to hear you're saving your $49.99. I don't want to say that your opinion won't differ....if you have $5 go ahead and rent it and i'm confident you'll agree. :lol:

byroan
08-13-2005, 09:38 AM
The online part of the game is awesome. But the regular game just flat out sucks.