PDA

View Full Version : Decisions on a car.

BlitPhinFan
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Evening all,

I have a tough choice to make here soon. I am wanting to purchase a new car. I know exactly what I want and the options as well. The problem is I can not locate the color I want anywhere. In order to get the color I want I will have to wait 90-120 days for it, or so I am told anyway.

The problem is I have found the car I want with the options I want on a lot close to home. The problem is, it looks like this:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

When what I really want is this:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Should I hold out or just get the silver? I am so torn right now. I need to get rid of the POS I have right now as I don't want to put anymore money into it since it has 170,000 miles on it. Any thing could go wrong in the next three months while waiting for the one that I REALY want.

EDIT: Also the interior color is not what I want either. It has Charcoal Grey Leather and I would much prefer Tan Leather... granted the Charcoal looks better with the silver than Tan would.

PHINATIC13
08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Get the one you really want,don't settle for second choice.Just try to baby the clunker and pray it won't bite you in the a$$.:D

BlitPhinFan
08-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Get the one you really want,don't settle for second choice.Just try to baby the clunker and pray it won't bite you in the a$$.:D

That's the problem... right after I decided it was time for a new car and I had planned on getting a new one... the old one decided to set me back a bit. The alternator and battery died at same time(as in the batter actually would not hold a charge anymore). Talk about coincidence. It was an intersting drive to the repair shop to say the least. All my guages died(analog) the car kept wanting to stop running... etc. I made it to the repair shop and as soon as I stopped in the bay... it just died all together. :lol:

DonShula84
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Id wait to get what I wanted. When spending that much, you should get your first choice.

byroan
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Even with the one you have now dying, I'd get the one you want. With however much money you're spending you'll be glad you have the car you want.

BlitPhinFan
08-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Id wait to get what I wanted. When spending that much, you should get your first choice.

That's kind of what I am leaning towards... but it is SO hard. Concidering what I am driving now. :lol: 1995 White Nissan Sentra GXE. :yell::o

Timmy54
08-12-2005, 10:02 PM
always get what you want in a car, because you will be in it every day for a long time. tell the dealer to find your car if they want to make the sale, I am sure there are some of your car somewhere in the area you live. Might want to try the manufacter website, try locating the car through their search, just an idea.

BlitPhinFan
08-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Even with the one you have now dying, I'd get the one you want. With however much money you're spending you'll be glad you have the car you want.

True, I guess the other problem I have. They are willing to deal down on the silver one to get me into the payments I REALY want. They probably won't deal with me a made to order vehicle. ARGH! I am killing myself here. haha. I guess I could take a couple grand more out of savings and get what I want, but I really hate to do that. I am anal when it comes to taking out of savings as it is.

BlitPhinFan
08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
always get what you want in a car, because you will be in it every day for a long time. tell the dealer to find your car if they want to make the sale, I am sure there are some of your car somewhere in the area you live. Might want to try the manufacter website, try locating the car through their search, just an idea.

I noticed that several manufacturers offer that feature. Unfortunately I could not find that on Audi's site. :mad:

EDIT: On a side note, I will be doing this all week... so hopefully I CAN find the one I want. I am just in a rush... because... well I hate my current ride. I am on vacation this coming week and will continue looking, but as of right now... no dealer in my area even has 1 car in the color I want. :lol:

unifiedtheory
08-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Dude...you've worked your a$$ off to get to the point where you can afford an Audi...and I'm pretty sure you did'nt get their overnight...WAIT to get the color YOU went...

When I bought my Jeep in '99 they did'nt have the color I wanted....I waited 3 weeks to get it....and it was worth the wait.

The first time you see the Audi in the color you wanted when you are driving the color you "settled" for you'll be pissed...

BlitPhinFan
08-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Dude...you've worked your a$$ off to get to the point where you can afford an Audi...and I'm pretty sure you did'nt get their overnight...WAIT to get the color YOU went...

When I bought my Jeep in '99 they did'nt have the color I wanted....I waited 3 weeks to get it....and it was worth the wait.

The first time you see the Audi in the color you wanted when you are driving the color you "settled" for you'll be pissed...

True! That was also one of my reasons for wanting the color. I have yet to see one on the road in my area that color. Not to mention it's kind of Aqua'ish. Now if they offered the burnt orange baseball leather interior for it, like they do the TT... I could be pimpin'! :rofl3:

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
I just want to thank everyone for telling me to hold out for the color that I wanted.

The car has been located and is shipping to my local dealer as I type this. I should have it in a week. :up:

Noodle Arm
08-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I just want to thank everyone for telling me to hold out for the color that I wanted.

The car has been located and is shipping to my local dealer as I type this. I should have it in a week. :up:

Way to go!! Patience is a virtue.

Pagan
08-17-2005, 02:06 PM

Smart move. I have to wait until next March for delivery on my Mustang. I could have taken one off the lot that day, but it wasn't the color I wanted not did it have all the options I wanted.

Good things come to those who wait.....or are stubborn ba$tards! :lol:

FIN-IN-RI
08-17-2005, 02:57 PM
hey man.. good choice!!

Is that an A6 or an A4? They're both seet but I definitely like the darker one better..

That's cool that your getting an Audi, they are awesome cars mine is a 97 pearl white AWD A6 and I love it, the way it handles the way it rides i just love it..

Good luck w/your new vehicle! You'll prolly never want to get out of it!

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Way to go!! Patience is a virtue.

Thank you. I actually got very lucky. It seems as though I may have gotten one of the last 2006 A4's in that color destined for the US. From what I was told, Audi has since discontinued that color. Not to mention it has a "sold to" option as well. Which are the limited edition 16 spoke wheels. I can't wait, I don't think there is or will be another one like it in my area. :woot:

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Smart move. I have to wait until next March for delivery on my Mustang. I could have taken one off the lot that day, but it wasn't the color I wanted not did it have all the options I wanted.

Good things come to those who wait.....or are stubborn ba$tards! :lol:

Dang that is a heck of a wait my friend! I don't think I could have gone through another winter in my current car. What color are you waiting on, if I may ask? I was just out looking at the Mustang builder and noticed a couple unique colors that I haven't seen on the road around here yet.

I would love to see the pictures when you do finally get it. I love the new look of them.

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 06:58 PM
hey man.. good choice!!

Is that an A6 or an A4? They're both seet but I definitely like the darker one better..

That's cool that your getting an Audi, they are awesome cars mine is a 97 pearl white AWD A6 and I love it, the way it handles the way it rides i just love it..

Good luck w/your new vehicle! You'll prolly never want to get out of it!

It's the A4. I really love the feel of the quattro drive train. I have found that it actually grips harder on the road if you accelerate through a turn. One solid handling car! I was most impressed with the attention to detail on the interior though. Every surface is finished... I was shocked when I opened the glove box to see it all lined in cloth. That just floored me. There are no unfinished areas in the car.

On getting out of it, you're right. After my last test drive(right after they found my car) I was tempted to never come back with it even though it wasn't the exact car that I wanted. :lol:

I can only imagine how much you're enjoying that A6. That is a beauty of a car for sure.

Pagan
08-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Dang that is a heck of a wait my friend! I don't think I could have gone through another winter in my current car. What color are you waiting on, if I may ask? I was just out looking at the Mustang builder and noticed a couple unique colors that I haven't seen on the road around here yet.

I would love to see the pictures when you do finally get it. I love the new look of them.
I ordered a performance white GT, with an aftermarket "Eleanor" hood and side louvers, and I'm having twin torch red racing stripes painted on at the factory. I also got the 18 inch polished "Bullitt" rims and the red leather interior.

The wait is that long because I said screw it and pre-ordered an '06 instead. They haven't even started building them, and I got the last one that dealer had allocated.

She looks something like this, only this one doesn't have the Eleanor hood, louvers or stripes. :D

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/Animation1-1.gif

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 09:39 PM
I ordered a performance white GT, with an aftermarket "Eleanor" hood and side louvers, and I'm having twin torch red racing stripes painted on at the factory. I also got the 18 inch polished "Bullitt" rims and the red leather interior.

The wait is that long because I said screw it and pre-ordered an '06 instead. They haven't even started building them, and I got the last one that dealer had allocated.

She looks something like this, only this one doesn't have the Eleanor hood, louvers or stripes. :D

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/Animation1-1.gif

:drool: I am jealous. She is a beaute! I can't wait to see the pictures once you get her. She is one fine looking piece of art!

FIN-IN-RI
08-17-2005, 09:40 PM
:drool: I am jealous. She is a beaute! I can't wait to see the pictures once you get her. She is one fine looking piece of art!

no!
don't succumb to the disease!
it's like plague!

:jk:, Pagan

:ri: :evil:

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
no!
don't succumb to the disease!
it's like plague!

:jk:

:ri: :evil:

:rofl3: I hear you. I have been a victim of the car disease since I was born though. My dad had a 1969 1/2 Mach I fastback with the 351 windsor. I was born and raised on muscle cars. My first car was a beat up old 1979 Datsun 280ZX that I found in a scrap yard for $500 dollars in 1986 when I was 14. I paid my mom with paper route money to buy her for me. I spent the next two years working on her and making her everything I wanted. Then I got a job during the summer when I was 16 working for a company called independaent racer that exclusively built track cars out of the Z series. After hours they let me use thier tools to forge my dream car out of my 280ZX.

From that point on, I was one spoiled kid(even though I worked hard to get her track ready). She served me well until I was 18 and then things went wrong. I managed to toss the throw-out bearing through the pressue plate during one of my goofing off sessions. I could not afford to replace it with the 500lb pressure plate I had in place and the stock plate would not hold.

I no longer had my job at independent racer when I fried(no shattered) the pressure plate.

FIN-IN-RI
08-17-2005, 09:53 PM
:rofl3: I hear you. I have been a victim of the car disease since I was born though. My dad had a 1969 1/2 Mach I fastback with the 351 windsor. I was born and raised on muscle cars. My first car was a beat up old 1979 Datsun 280ZX that I found in a scrap yard for $500 dollars in 1986 when I was 14. I paid my mom with paper route money to buy her for me. I spent the next two years working on her and making her everything I wanted. Then I got a job during the summer when I was 16 working for a company called independaent racer that exclusively built track cars out of the Z series. After hours they let me use thier tools to forge my dream car out of my 280ZX.

From that point on, I was one spoiled kid(even though I worked hard to get her track ready). She served me well until I was 18 and then things went wrong. I managed to toss the throw-out bearing through the pressue plate during one of my goofing off sessions. I could not afford to replace it with the 500lb pressure plate I had in place and the stock plate would not hold.

I no longer had my job at independent racer when I fried the pressure plate.

Sweet man, nice story.

BlitPhinFan
08-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Sweet man, nice story.

Thank you... but my main concern now is.. how is that A6 treating you today. I hope she is still giving all the joy she gave you when you first purchased her. The quattro system is simply breath taking in my oppinion.

FIN-IN-RI
08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Thank you... but my main concern now is.. how is that A6 treating you today. I hope she is still giving all the joy she gave you when you first purchased her. The quattro system is simply breath taking in my oppinion.

I actually bought it a year ago and the car is better now, then when I first bought it. I mostly do my own repairs and I get parts on line so servicing the vehicle is actually not as expensive as people think.. Warranty is key, especially in your case..I'll post a picture soon :)

Quattro is a dream the way it sticks to the road and drives is just amazing. She has alright pick up off the line but once she gets going man, she is a beaut.

FIN-IN-RI
08-18-2005, 12:03 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7413/picture0028gf.jpg

BlitPhinFan
08-18-2005, 07:50 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7413/picture0028gf.jpg

:up: Nice! She looks well taken care of.

FIN-IN-RI
08-18-2005, 09:33 PM
:up: Nice! She looks well taken care of.

Yeah she's my baby.. You'll feel the same way, I'm sure..

If you can, post pics of your car when you first get it!

BlitPhinFan
08-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah she's my baby.. You'll feel the same way, I'm sure..

If you can, post pics of your car when you first get it!

Will do! I am still in shock they found it so quick. Should only be about a week at the most, so they tell me.