Lloyd Banks, Olivia & 50 Cent)
09. Pimpin' 3:06
10. Curious (Feat. Joe) 3:23
11. I'm So High 3:24
12. Love My Style 4:08
13. Project Princess (Feat. Jagged Edge) 3:49
14. G-**** 3:45
15. I Know You Don't Love Me 3:55
(Feat. 50 Cent, Young Buck & Lloyd Banks)
16. Dear Suzie 3:07
17. Live By The Gun

:up: :)

tucker
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
this album is ok..i had low expectations, so its what i thought it would be..couple dope beats tho

Prime Time
08-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Oh there is a rumor going around that Mase has been signed to G UNIT...

tucker
08-14-2005, 02:26 PM
lol..ya i heard that...that would be kind of.............

weird

Nappy Roots
08-14-2005, 02:42 PM
if Ma$e is really signed to g-unit, he better not be on a single song other than "love songs".

tucker
08-14-2005, 04:35 PM
ya, but maybe he wants to go back to murda mase

Nappy Roots
08-14-2005, 05:02 PM
ya, but maybe he wants to go back to murda mase

:rofl3:

i dont think he can man. he doesnt have close to the credibility he did back then. you really think that people wanna listen to a pastor talk about shootin somebody.....id laugh in his face if he stepped up to me.

Muck
08-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Every album leaks. You just gotta know where to look.

tucker
08-14-2005, 06:39 PM
or know how to do it.... and ya mase has no credibility left..it wouldnt make sense for 50 to sign him

mor911
08-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I can't stand mase... But I've been waiting for Yayo's album to drop for a while now...

If anyone knows where that leak can be *cough* aquired *cough* so I can back-up the one I will buy, that'd be great :D

Prime Time
08-14-2005, 09:07 PM
If Mase went back to Murda Ma$e I think it would be a great move for G UNIT to sign him. Allegedly, Bad Boy wouldn't let Mase make some hardcore rap type music...

tucker
08-14-2005, 11:00 PM
isnt mase a pastor?

Nappy Roots
08-14-2005, 11:19 PM
isnt mase a pastor?

uhh, yea he was....hince why i said...

:rofl3:

i dont think he can man. he doesnt have close to the credibility he did back then. you really think that people wanna listen to a pastor talk about shootin somebody.....id laugh in his face if he stepped up to me.

Prime Time
08-15-2005, 09:27 PM
EDIT!!!!

:roflmao: There was just a post I saw that was talking trash about Rap and I saw it and quoted it, but nothing came up when I quoted it, then I go back to see what had happened and the post was gone. Haha, damn these Mods work fast. :lol:

t2thejz
08-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Idk, ill probably burn this cd from someone but Im really looking foward to Kanyes new cd to come out

Crisis
08-16-2005, 12:32 PM
removed

most mainstream is. especially g-unit.

50 shouldn't have any fans after candy shop...

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
most mainstream is. especially g-unit.

50 shouldn't have any fans after candy shop...

How is G UNIT mainstream? Have you heard there mixtapes? Probably not.

tucker
08-16-2005, 10:32 PM
G-UNIT is definitely mainstream..how are they not?? maybe the mixtapes arent b/c well, they are mixtapes and thats where you make sure you keep you hard core fans who like the more gritty sound...and the yayo cd after a 2nd listen at the gym is ok..it gets Ipod status and played in the car a lil bit...on a different note, anyone heard/seen the new Little Brother video? its a nice relaxing track

Crisis
08-16-2005, 10:37 PM
LMAO. G-Unit not mainstream? When you have 12 year old white kids chanting GGGGG-Unit you're mainstream. Candy shop isn't mainstream? lmao.

Game says it perfectly

"Get rich die tryin, we thought you was hot, now the same ***** tryin to take us to the candy shop"

byroan
08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Thread cleansed. If you don't like rap then stay out of the thread and don't post in it.

Crisis
08-16-2005, 10:46 PM
btw I heard Shyne signed/close to signed with blackwall street...is that true?

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 11:39 PM
btw I heard Shyne signed/close to signed with blackwall street...is that true?

Yeah that is true from what I know.

G-UNIT is definitely mainstream..how are they not?? maybe the mixtapes arent b/c well, they are mixtapes and thats where you make sure you keep you hard core fans who like the more gritty sound...and the yayo cd after a 2nd listen at the gym is ok..it gets Ipod status and played in the car a lil bit...on a different note, anyone heard/seen the new Little Brother video? its a nice relaxing track

If by mainstream you mean get airplay and stuff then yeah. Why? Because they put out hit after hit after hit. What are they gonna do put out mixtape material out on Albums? That'll never sell and 50 knows that, 50 is a smart business man, and he is all about making that money.

LMAO. G-Unit not mainstream? When you have 12 year old white kids chanting GGGGG-Unit you're mainstream. Candy shop isn't mainstream? lmao.

Game says it perfectly

"Get rich die tryin, we thought you was hot, now the same ***** tryin to take us to the candy shop"

Whats wrong with bein' mainstream again?...

12 years old yellin G UNIT is because G UNIT's music sells to more then one type of music listeners which is why they sell.

Game said it perfectly? Game was the one shouting GGGG UNIT and now Mr. Potato Head himself is saying G UNOT. Game was also on Change of Heart and got dumped by his girl...Playas Only alright... :rolleyes:

mor911
08-17-2005, 08:10 AM
*cough* http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3370465 *cough*

Nappy Roots
08-17-2005, 01:23 PM
*cough* http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3370465 *cough*

i sent you a pm with a link for it a couple days ago......

anyways, whats the first thought on this album....

myself personally i had high expectations for it considering Yayo put this album in the same league as get rich or die trying...so im disappointed so far. he has a could nice songs, but what the hell happen to the production on it:confused: , not really any bangers for me....:sleep:

mor911
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
i sent you a pm with a link for it a couple days ago......

anyways, whats the first thought on this album....

myself personally i had high expectations for it considering Yayo put this album in the same league as get rich or die trying...so im disappointed so far. he has a could nice songs, but what the hell happen to the production on it:confused: , not really any bangers for me....:sleep:
I saw the PM you gave me.. By the time I got to it they already took it down, i got a 404. I haven't listened to it yet... I will as soon as I get home. It sucks that there's no bangers on the CD.

Crisis
08-17-2005, 02:15 PM
12 years old yellin G UNIT is because G UNIT's music sells to more then one type of music listeners which is why they sell.

Game said it perfectly? Game was the one shouting GGGG UNIT and now Mr. Potato Head himself is saying G UNOT. Game was also on Change of Heart and got dumped by his girl...Playas Only alright... :rolleyes:

Put 50 against someone like Bis (well that's not fair, Bis could take anyone lyrically), Nas, hell anyone with decent lyrical ability, and he's nothing.

What's wrong with mainstream? Well, just listen to Nelly and Chingy and tell me. Mainstream is applied to a wider audience, which means an audience full of little kids who don't appreciate originality and creativity. Commercial music isn't bad, but wack commercial music is. 50 has no more creaitivty in his lyrics, rappers like Big L and Jay-Z could rap about money, but do it with hot punchlines. I have no problem with commercial rappers like Kanye who come with an honest approach. Hell, not all underground is good. Creativity is what the game (not Game) is all about. 50 has none anymore.

50 got rich applying his audience to 15 year old girls. That's how he makes money.

Prime Time
08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Put 50 against someone like Bis (well that's not fair, Bis could take anyone lyrically), Nas, hell anyone with decent lyrical ability, and he's nothing.

What's wrong with mainstream? Well, just listen to Nelly and Chingy and tell me. Mainstream is applied to a wider audience, which means an audience full of little kids who don't appreciate originality and creativity. Commercial music isn't bad, but wack commercial music is. 50 has no more creaitivty in his lyrics, rappers like Big L and Jay-Z could rap about money, but do it with hot punchlines. I have no problem with commercial rappers like Kanye who come with an honest approach. Hell, not all underground is good. Creativity is what the game (not Game) is all about. 50 has none anymore.

50 got rich applying his audience to 15 year old girls. That's how he makes money.

Please. Alot of african/black males like 50. He has no creativity? Oh yes he does, listen to his mixtape stuff. Chingy is wack for the most part but Nelly I like, as do many other people. Since when was music all about having a limited amount of people listenin' to it? 50 is "mainstream" as you put it because he makes HITS as does the rest of G UNIT. A lot of MCs have had mainstream songs. Eminem...Jay-Z...Biggie.

Jay Z had little kids brushin off their shoulders. Why not diss Jay Z then? Stop hatin' on Fif man, hes tunrning himself into one of raps biggest players EVER.

Crisis
08-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Please. Alot of african/black males like 50. He has no creativity? Oh yes he does, listen to his mixtape stuff. Chingy is wack for the most part but Nelly I like, as do many other people. Since when was music all about having a limited amount of people listenin' to it? 50 is "mainstream" as you put it because he makes HITS as does the rest of G UNIT. A lot of MCs have had mainstream songs. Eminem...Jay-Z...Biggie.

Jay Z had little kids brushin off their shoulders. Why not diss Jay Z then? Stop hatin' on Fif man, hes tunrning himself into one of raps biggest players EVER.

Nelly is a joke.

50's "HITS" are aimed at a 12 year old audience. 50 doesn't have the skill that Em, Jay-Z, and especially Biggie had/have. 50 isn't near their level at all. You're over G-Unit's **** too much. I've never seen you be critical of them at all.

Eminem went mainstream but he still has some of the sickest freestyles. One of the great battle MCs. Eminem's wack lately but most of his mainstream songs werent about going into the club, how he's a huge pimp, or some weak love song.

Jay-Z could talk about flossin' and still spit hot verses. 50 has no lyrical ability. Hell, the only one in G-Unit with that is Banks. Didn't Biggie say Jay-Z was one of the few rappers he was afraid of because of his lyrical ability?

There's no comparison between Em, Jay, and Biggie. They're worlds better than 50.

I hope 50 disses Nas back so Nas can ether his ***. Nas was building 50 with that first diss. Some of his freestyles on Jay-Z did the same thing before Ether.

I dunno why I'm even argueing with someone who probably only listens to mainstream. If you want some creativity listen to Bis, Cassidy, Jin, Mook, Jae Millz, Eyedea freestyles n battle tracks. Thankfully none of them have sold out to the mainstream to the degree that 50 has.

Nappy Roots
08-17-2005, 07:27 PM

really 50 got rich off 'get rich or die tryin', but he definitly got more rich along with more commercial. although i dont know if he went more commercial or not considering in my eyes it was nearly impossible to put out another 'get rich or die tryin' type record back to back.

ive held off my shots at 50 until his next album. 3 albums, 2 have been stacked with straight bangers, and massacre wasnt the worst thing ive ever heard, so im gonna reserve judgement.

Nappy Roots
08-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Nelly is a joke.

50's "HITS" are aimed at a 12 year old audience. 50 doesn't have the skill that Em, Jay-Z, and especially Biggie had/have. 50 isn't near their level at all. You're over G-Unit's **** too much. I've never seen you be critical of them at all.

Eminem went mainstream but he still has some of the sickest freestyles. One of the great battle MCs. Eminem's wack lately but most of his mainstream songs werent about going into the club, how he's a huge pimp, or some weak love song.

Jay-Z could talk about flossin' and still spit hot verses. 50 has no lyrical ability. Hell, the only one in G-Unit with that is Banks. Didn't Biggie say Jay-Z was one of the few rappers he was afraid of because of his lyrical ability?

There's no comparison between Em, Jay, and Biggie. They're worlds better than 50.

I hope 50 disses Nas back so Nas can ether his ***. Nas was building 50 with that first diss. Some of his freestyles on Jay-Z did the same thing before Ether.

I dunno why I'm even argueing with someone who probably only listens to mainstream. If you want some creativity listen to Bis, Cassidy, Jin, Mook, Jae Millz, Eyedea freestyles n battle tracks. Thankfully none of them have sold out to the mainstream to the degree that 50 has.

no 50 doesnt have the lyrical ability that those rappers have, but is that all the rap is about? lyrics? not for me. what the hell is sick lyrics good for if you have a terrible flow over a wackass beat.

honestly though im with you, he should of never dissed Nas, although even if Nas did ether him, it would be a Jay-Nas situation all over again i think. 50 just has to big of a fan base for it to hurt him. there are tons of people i would take over 50 lyrically, but like i said lyrics aint everything.

Crisis
08-17-2005, 08:16 PM
no 50 doesnt have the lyrical ability that those rappers have, but is that all the rap is about? lyrics? not for me. what the hell is sick lyrics good for if you have a terrible flow over a wackass beat.

honestly though im with you, he should of never dissed Nas, although even if Nas did ether him, it would be a Jay-Nas situation all over again i think. 50 just has to big of a fan base for it to hurt him. there are tons of people i would take over 50 lyrically, but like i said lyrics aint everything.

Lyrics are a huge part of rap. When someone rhymes NO with SLOW MO, thats wack as hell. I agree they're not everything though.

50 has too many fans for it to hurt him, but banks, yayo, and buck would get hurt alot from a g-unit nas beef.

Nappy Roots
08-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Lyrics are a huge part of rap. When someone rhymes NO with SLOW MO, thats wack as hell. I agree they're not everything though.

50 has too many fans for it to hurt him, but banks, yayo, and buck would get hurt alot from a g-unit nas beef.

if nas decided to go after the entire G-Unit, which i dont think he would do that.

Prime Time
08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Nelly is a joke.

You are right 50 doesn't have the ability but I was talking more about the songs he puts out compared to the others. They are right there in how well they do with the radio/t.v.

Barely anyone raps about anything else other than what you just listed.

I hope so because that first Nas dis was bad. Fat Joe may have had a better diss...:eek:

How can you make that assumption that I probably only listen to mainstream? Because I think G UNIT is #1 right now. Would you like me to say that I listen to Dipset or some other rapper who isn't as mainstream and is wack? Cassidy? Cassidy isn't all that, I'd take Fabolous any day of the week over Cassidy.

I have never been critical of G UNIT... Okay I'll say this so you can be happy :rolleyes:. 50 doesn't have that lyrical ability so therefore how do you expect him to make songs like some of the guys you listed. 50 has a slow flow, and has taken it to another level. Every song he makes is a hit. Banks I agree has a nice lyrical ability, he has some hott punch lines. Buck is about the dirty south so he isn't a lyrical mastermind himself. Yayo is kind of like Banks except a little harder the Banks. I like G UNIT because of all the different styles, including Spider Loc (and Game when he was there). Like Nappy Roots said, it isn't all about the lyrics.

Crisis
08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
You are right 50 doesn't have the ability but I was talking more about the songs he puts out compared to the others. They are right there in how well they do with the radio/t.v.

Barely anyone raps about anything else other than what you just listed.

I hope so because that first Nas dis was bad. Fat Joe may have had a better diss...:eek:

How can you make that assumption that I probably only listen to mainstream? Because I think G UNIT is #1 right now. Would you like me to say that I listen to Dipset or some other rapper who isn't as mainstream and is wack? Cassidy? Cassidy isn't all that, I'd take Fabolous any day of the week over Cassidy.

I have never been critical of G UNIT... Okay I'll say this so you can be happy :rolleyes:. 50 doesn't have that lyrical ability so therefore how do you expect him to make songs like some of the guys you listed. 50 has a slow flow, and has taken it to another level. Every song he makes is a hit. Banks I agree has a nice lyrical ability, he has some hott punch lines. Buck is about the dirty south so he isn't a lyrical mastermind himself. Yayo is kind of like Banks except a little harder the Banks. I like G UNIT because of all the different styles, including Spider Loc (and Game when he was there). Like Nappy Roots said, it isn't all about the lyrics.

Fair enough.

But you've obviously never heard Cassidy's battle tracks. They're dope as hell. He's a good freestyler.

And for the most part I HATE Dirty South rap. Before T.I. proclaims himself king of the south tell him to talk to scarface first.

Let's not act like Piggy Bank was that good of a diss, it was pretty weak itself.

EDIT: One more thing about Fat Joe. I heard something about Pun's family struggling since he died, and Fat Joe is nowhere to be seen helping them. What a POS Fat Joe is. He owes everything to Pun and he's too busy flaunting his house on Cribs to help his family out. Pathetic.

Nappy Roots
08-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Fair enough.

But you've obviously never heard Cassidy's battle tracks. They're dope as hell. He's a good freestyler.

And for the most part I HATE Dirty South rap. Before T.I. proclaims himself king of the south tell him to talk to scarface first.

Let's not act like Piggy Bank was that good of a diss, it was pretty weak itself.

EDIT: One more thing about Fat Joe. I heard something about Pun's family struggling since he died, and Fat Joe is nowhere to be seen helping them. What a POS Fat Joe is. He owes everything to Pun and he's too busy flaunting his house on Cribs to help his family out. Pathetic.

Man, Cassidy's freestyles and his mixtape stuff is straight fire. but hes beyond wack other than that. cant stand his cds.

also, Fat joe does owe everything to Pun, but from what i have heard, Puns window is a money hungry whore that would rather buy tons of clothes like she could when Pun was living, then save that money for food and ****. and if thats true, then i wouldnt help them either, why the hell would you give up your money just cause the next person doesnt know how to save money? if its not true, **** fat joe....**** em anyways..

Sal Lisitano
08-18-2005, 04:51 PM
since this topic is about music/rap...go check out the new Cuban Link CD...Chain Reaction...let me know what you think...i thought it was solid. a good friend of mine works for MOB Records (Men of Business)...Cuban Link's independent producer.

Go Fins!!!

tucker
08-18-2005, 05:42 PM
If by mainstream you mean get airplay and stuff then yeah. Why? Because they put out hit after hit after hit. What are they gonna do put out mixtape material out on Albums? That'll never sell and 50 knows that, 50 is a smart business man, and he is all about making that money.

Whats wrong with bein' mainstream again?...

i dunno, you were the one saying they werent..and mixtape material is stuff to get pple in the streets listening to..its to make sure you arent "selling out to your hood"..so g-unit is mainstream..nothing wrong with being mainstream..i wont ever hate on a person getting their money..

and nobody listens to canibus any more..he's a poser..eyedea was cool like 5 yrs ago..and buddy is saying he's glad cassidy didnt sell out to the mainstream? lol..cassidy wants to be mainstream so damn bad he did a song with R-kelly...and that dirty south music is that FIYYAAAH!! bun-b has an album dropping soon..will be dope as hell...scarface is dropping a new album and even pitbull's album was hot..

Crisis
08-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Nobody listens to Bis anymore? He has a huge fan base. Poser? He's the greatest lyricalist alive. He just dropped a new freestyle a tight track with G Rap. Hot as helll. Remember, Bis DESTROYED LL with Second Round K.O.

Cassidy has some mainstream but he's 100000x the battle MC 50 will ever be still. I said Cassidy hasn't sold out to the degree 50 has. Jin and Cassidy are a lot alike, whack albums but still dope battle MCs.

Dirty south fire? lol. Dirty South for the most part is a JOKE. There are some exceptions tho.

mor911
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
TI and Lil Wayne are hot!

Hell 8ball? MJG? Tela? Scarface? C'mon.. .The south has great rappers.

Prime Time
08-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Dirty South Rap is hott. The Crunk Music. Ying Yang, T.I., LiL Jon, P. Troy, Pitbull soooo many.

tucker
08-18-2005, 07:55 PM
this crisis dude is funny..i guess you havent seen the new pics of your boy Bis or listened to his new album...waaaaaaaaack..if all you like is battle rap, then do your thing..i grew out of that 4, 5 yrs ago...hell even the new young Jeezey album is hot...and mannie fresh left cash money, so that should make some pple who dont like south music happy...and the new killer mike song is hot too

Crisis
08-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Young Jeezy LMAO. He's the biggest joke of them all.

" i need a shower ima take about a hour "

" i need paper towles and some air freshner cuz im jeezy the snow man "

" ima so iced out they cell me the snow man "

" im worth a qtr million cuz ima snowman"

Sorry, I don't listen to music that's all about beat and no lyrics. Club bangers aren't what hip hop is about. Some exceptions to the Dirty South sucking- Luda, Scarface, Outkast.

Bis has gone down hill but he's still the best lyricalist alive. If Jay-Z stood by Bis he'd be the biggest name in hip hop.

Tell me this **** isn't hot.

Kool G Rap ft Bis - Gun Ho City.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

direct rip - http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B4EGUNRT5HXS3KFHQCZMNMXG5

Prime Time
08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Dirty South Rap is hott. How can you disagree? After Get Low I like many fell for this rap.

mor911
08-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Young Jeezy LMAO. He's the biggest joke of them all.

" i need a shower ima take about a hour "

" i need paper towles and some air freshner cuz im jeezy the snow man "

" ima so iced out they cell me the snow man "

" im worth a qtr million cuz ima snowman"

Sorry, I don't listen to music that's all about beat and no lyrics. Club bangers aren't what hip hop is about. Some exceptions to the Dirty South sucking- Luda, Scarface, Outkast.

Bis has gone down hill but he's still the best lyricalist alive. If Jay-Z stood by Bis he'd be the biggest name in hip hop.

Tell me this **** isn't hot.

Kool G Rap ft Bis - Gun Ho City.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=tracks

direct rip - http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B4EGUNRT5HXS3KFHQCZMNMXG5
C'mon man...This is poinless. This is just as bad as all of the rock listeners coming in and saying rap sucks... Why can't everyone just say "I don't like dirty south rap" and keep it at that. Because you don't like something doesn't mean it sucks.

I'm from miami, so IMO all of that new york battling stuff iss boring... Does it suck? Well millions of fans has to mean that it doesn't. I didn't grow up in that culture so I don't feel it.

I love southern rap. From Goodie Mob to Ludacris to 8ball. I can respect the stuff you like because the MCs you mention do have lyrical skills...
That's just not my thing. :D

Prime Time
08-18-2005, 10:13 PM
I like all types of rap. Dirty South probably being my favorite since I also grew up with it. I like some of the NY stuff, but not all of it, some of it bores me though.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Every album leaks........I use Boxden. I'd never waste my money on an album not from Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, or one of my other favorite artists.

Sign up at Boxden's forums and never buy another album again unless you feel it's good enough to use your money on.

Anyways, I was patiently waiting for G-Unot to officially go soft. Well, signing Mase easily accomplishes that for you - G-Unot is officially mainstream. I'll always listen to Lloyd Banks and Young Buck, and yeah...Mobb Deep is straight. However, 50's crew is officially mainstream. It's easy for them to get at Ja Rule who sucks, but I've never seen them get on a group/rapper who can actually spit. They got on Game, but he ripped them in that 100 bar freestyle.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 10:45 AM

You're exactly right. He has too many fans to fall off just yet. No offense to anybody here, but once a hip hop artist becomes ACCEPTED HIGHLY by White America, there is no fall off. Come on now, do you think Olivia has any r&b skills compared to the real r&b divas? No, but she rocks a G-Unit chain and G-Unit is located under her name in her videos - so she's gonna sell and top the charts. If you put someone as sh*tty as Benzino on G-Unit, he'll sell...which is the whole point. 50 is an average-at-best lyricist, and so is Tony Yayo and the rest of them. Really, Lloyd Banks is the only lyricist on that entire label.

Like I told Prime Time, get on Dipset as much as you want. Thing is, J.R. Writer would rip anybody in G-Unit, and he's probably Dipset's third best rapper.

It's more about lyrics than anything else. That's the problem with hip hop - too many clowns are selling based on production and their sound/appearance. Hell, Mike Jones is your prime example because he sucks. I've been listening to hip hop all my life, and I'm not like these other biased Southside cats, I listen to the North, West, and Midwest. "Get Rich or Die Tryin" was a hell of an album, but "The Massacre" was a p.o.s. to me.

G-Unit = nice for the club scene, but as for hip hop...they suck.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Finally, they leaked that new Kanye.....

01. Wake Up Mr. West (Feat. Bernie 0:41
Mac)
02. Heard 'Em Say (Feat. Adam 3:23
Levine of Maroon 5)
03. Touch The Sky (Feat. Lupe 3:57
Fiasco)
04. Gold Digger (Feat. Jamie Foxx) 3:28
05. Skit #1 0:33
06. Drive Slow (Feat. Paul Wall & 4:32
GLC)
07. My Way Home (Feat. Common) 1:43
08. Crack Music (Feat. The Game) 4:31
09. Roses 4:05
10. Bring Me Down (Feat. Brandy) 3:19
11. Addiction 4:27
12. Skit #2 0:31
13. Diamonds From Sierra Leone 3:53
(Remix) (Feat. Jay-Z)
14. We Major (Feat. Nas & Really 7:28
Doe)
15. Skit #3 0:24
16. Hey Mama 5:05
17. Celebration 3:18
18. Skit #4 1:18
19. Gone (Feat. Consequence & 6:02
Cam'Ron)
20. Diamonds From Sierra Leone 3:58
(Bonus Track)
21. Late (Hidden Track) 3:50

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/B0009WPKY001_SCLZZZZZZZ_-1.jpg

I just winRAR'ed this and it sounds nice as hell so far.

tucker
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
ARTIST: Kanye West
TITLE: Late Registration
LABEL: Roc-A-Fella
GENRE: Rap
BITRATE: 174kbps avg
PLAYTIME: 1h 10min total
RELEASE DATE: 30 Aug 2005
RIP DATE: 18 Aug 2005

just listened to the new kanye...its only avg at first listen, but it soon grows on you...very good album

Fresh
08-19-2005, 02:45 PM
LOL @ Jim Jones' new cd being better than Tony Yayo's. That's sad, and no.......I don't care for Jim Jones. I only like Cam, Juelz, & J.R. Writer from Dipset.

Then again, that Jim Jones - HARLEM: Diary Of A Summer actually isn't that bad. There are a few nice cuts on there, especially that Honey Dip. I don't like a single song on Tony Yayo's cd. His voice is annoying as hell and his rhymes are weak....it's a shame he got out of jail instead of a better locked up rapper like Turk(former Cash Money Hot Boy).

If Papoose signs with G-Unit, I'm gonna be pissed. But if anybody needs any rap/r&b/reggae albums, holla at me on AIM because my folder is loaded.

Sal Lisitano
08-19-2005, 03:05 PM
so did anyone listen to Cuban Link's new album...Chain Reaction?

Track # 15 Life Goes On

Track #17 Letter to Pun

are off the chain yo.

Go Fins!!!

Fresh
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
so did anyone listen to Cuban Link's new album...Chain Reaction?

Track # 15 Life Goes On

Track #17 Letter to Pun

are off the chain yo.

Go Fins!!!

I don't F with Cuban Link.....not too into the Latino/Hip Hop thing, apart from my Dominicano brotha J.R. Writer.

Btw- On that Kanye West, #19 has a funny sound to it but that's my new joint right there.

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Every album leaks........I use Boxden. I'd never waste my money on an album not from Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, or one of my other favorite artists.

Sign up at Boxden's forums and never buy another album again unless you feel it's good enough to use your money on.

Anyways, I was patiently waiting for G-Unot to officially go soft. Well, signing Mase easily accomplishes that for you - G-Unot is officially mainstream. I'll ?always listen to Lloyd Banks and Young Buck, and yeah...Mobb Deep is straight. However, 50's crew is officially mainstream. It's easy for them to get at Ja Rule who sucks, but I've never seen them get on a group/rapper who can actually spit. They got on Game, but he ripped them in that 100 bar freestyle.

G-unot? :nono:. How are they going soft? Mase easily accomplishes what? Have you ever heard of Murda Ma$e?

G-UNIT's albums may be mainstream but isn't that the point of them? To be mainstream and have music that sells to more then one type of music fans so they can make $$.

50's crew may be mainstream when it comes to ALBUMS, but listen to their mixtape stuff, that isn't mainstream.

You've never seen them get on a group/rapper who can actually spit? Where have you been then? 50 dissed Jadakiss, Nas (and Fat Joe but he sucks). Young Buck and Spider Loc went at Yukmouth. 50 has even dissed Cassidy and Shyne.

BTW, the song Game made was called 300 Bars and Runnin' not 100 Bar.

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 03:34 PM
BTW, only R&B artists I think are clearly better then Olivia are Ciara, Ashanti and Beyonce.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
G-unot? . How are they going soft? Mase easily accomplishes what? Have you ever heard of Murda Ma$e?
Yeah, he hopped on G-Unit radio to announce his return - I heard the whole thing. He's not anybody who can actually spit.

G-UNIT's albums may be mainstream but isn't that the point of them? To be mainstream and have music that sells to more then one type of music fans so they can make $$.
No, the point is to keep it real. 50's first album wasn't mainstream - he kept it real on that album. 50 Cent has quickly become an "industry cat" which is the type he used to get at on his mixtapes, isn't life funny? There are plenty of rappers who keep it real and still sell - look at T.I. & Lil Wayne.....2 multi-platinum artists. There's nothing wrong with an r&b/rap or love song type thing, but it's the flow of the music.

50's crew may be mainstream when it comes to ALBUMS, but listen to their mixtape stuff, that isn't mainstream.
Their mixtapes are overrated as hell. G-Unit radio mixtapes are average to me, although the OLDER ones are nice. If you wonna talk mixtapes, you have to talk Papoose, Juelz, Weezy, etc. not G-Unit.

You've never seen them get on a group/rapper who can actually spit? Where have you been then? 50 dissed Jadakiss, Nas (and Fat Joe but he sucks). Young Buck and Spider Loc went at Yukmouth. 50 has even dissed Cassidy and Shyne.
First off, Nas would tear G-Unit apart. He's a better rapper than any of them ever will be, and he's more diverse as well. I'll give them "credit" for dissing Nas. Fat Joe is sh-tty and really, what is Shyne supposed to do? He's serving like a 10-year bid. Yukmouth also sucks, but Jadakiss......he's decent but his albums suck apart from his singles. Again, he hasn't gotten on anybody who brings it CONSISTENTLY other than Nas. Lil Wayne got on 50 and he replied to OZone Magazine with, "there's no beef with Wayne" - LOL

BTW, the song Game made was called 300 Bars and Runnin' not 100 Bar.
That I know. 100 Bars was a DJ Kay Slay freestyle, that's an entirely different track.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 03:49 PM
BTW, only R&B artists I think are clearly better then Olivia are Ciara, Ashanti and Beyonce.

Olivia isn't even considered to me. What have you heard from her apart from her single and guest appearances? She hasn't done anything.

tucker
08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Olivia isn't even considered to me. What have you heard from her apart from her single and guest appearances? She hasn't done anything.she's been around...she dropped an album a couple yrs back on J records..she had that single bizzounce.(smh@me for remembering this)..i dont think ciara is very good singer and neither is ashanti..hell, amerie is better than those 2, even that new girl tiana maire(sp) is better vocally than those 2.. and the new cuban link isnt that good imo..the new jim jones is OK..nothing special...but camron rips it on kanye's new album..and Papoose rolls with Kay Slay under his label i think..he's not gonna be apart of g-unit

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah Olivia has been around for a while...

As for Nas, his diss towards 50 was wack, and he is such a great lyrics writer...

50 has also dissed Dipset back before Beg for Mercy came out.

And I am a big G UNIT fan and I have not heard anything about Papoose signing to the label.

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Olivia isn't even considered to me. What have you heard from her apart from her single and guest appearances? She hasn't done anything.

Bizounce from back in the day...

Cloud 9, So Sexy, Waistline, Got Me Goin' Crazy among others.

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, he hopped on G-Unit radio to announce his return - I heard the whole thing. He's not anybody who can actually spit.

When he was Murda Ma$e before and he was with Camron, you gonna say he can't spit? He was fire back then.

No, the point is to keep it real. 50's first album wasn't mainstream - he kept it real on that album. 50 Cent has quickly become an "industry cat" which is the type he used to get at on his mixtapes, isn't life funny? There are plenty of rappers who keep it real and still sell - look at T.I. & Lil Wayne.....2 multi-platinum artists. There's nothing wrong with an r&b/rap or love song type thing, but it's the flow of the music.

It wasn't mainstream yet had as many hits as Massacre (In Da Club, 21 Questions, Wanksta) and Massacre is being called mainstream?

Their mixtapes are overrated as hell. G-Unit radio mixtapes are average to me, although the OLDER ones are nice. If you wonna talk mixtapes, you have to talk Papoose, Juelz, Weezy, etc. not G-Unit.

How are their mixtapes overrated? Please explain that. I don't think you can as that is pretty much an opinion. How you gonna say Juelz? Juelz is garbage. He rhymes with the same word. Very creative of him :rolleyes:

First off, Nas would tear G-Unit apart. He's a better rapper than any of them ever will be, and he's more diverse as well. I'll give them "credit" for dissing Nas. Fat Joe is sh-tty and really, what is Shyne supposed to do? He's serving like a 10-year bid. Yukmouth also sucks, but Jadakiss......he's decent but his albums suck apart from his singles. Again, he hasn't gotten on anybody who brings it CONSISTENTLY other than Nas. Lil Wayne got on 50 and he replied to OZone Magazine with, "there's no beef with Wayne" - LOL

Nas would tear G UNIT apart, but yet his diss was pure garbage. Shyne is locked up for 10 years yeah but he is plannin' on rappin' because he signed with Game's label Black Wall Street.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
she's been around...she dropped an album a couple yrs back on J records..she had that single bizzounce.(smh@me for remembering this)..i dont think ciara is very good singer and neither is ashanti..hell, amerie is better than those 2, even that new girl tiana maire(sp) is better vocally than those 2.. and the new cuban link isnt that good imo..the new jim jones is OK..nothing special...but camron rips it on kanye's new album..and Papoose rolls with Kay Slay under his label i think..he's not gonna be apart of g-unit

Papoose rolls with Kay Slay, but he is looking for a major contract. They've mentioned Def Jam, Roc-A-Fella, & G-Unit. I couldn't picture Papoose UNDER 50 Cent and behind Banks and Buck, probably Yayo as well. I really couldn't picture him in the same line as Spider Loc, because he'd eat all of those cats up.

And yeah, Tierra Marie and Amerie are better than Ashanti and Ciara. I don't even know why Ciara & Ashanti were named to begin with. What has Ciara done solo? Every good song she has also comes with an appearance, because on the solo tip.....nobody wants to listen to her sh-t. Those two artists are also better than Olivia. Did you hear Olivia cuss on that dumb song on Yayo's cd? She sounds so ******ed.

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
You're exactly right. He has too many fans to fall off just yet. No offense to anybody here, but once a hip hop artist becomes ACCEPTED HIGHLY by White America, there is no fall off. Come on now, do you think Olivia has any r&b skills compared to the real r&b divas? No, but she rocks a G-Unit chain and G-Unit is located under her name in her videos - so she's gonna sell and top the charts. If you put someone as sh*tty as Benzino on G-Unit, he'll sell...which is the whole point. 50 is an average-at-best lyricist, and so is Tony Yayo and the rest of them. Really, Lloyd Banks is the only lyricist on that entire label.

Are you kiddin' me? I have a friend who love Dipset, hate G UNIT but even they say Yayo has some hott stuff. They think he has the hottest stuff out of anyone on G UNIT.

Like I told Prime Time, get on Dipset as much as you want. Thing is, J.R. Writer would rip anybody in G-Unit, and he's probably Dipset's third best rapper.

JR Writer? :rofl3: Another Dipsh*t clown. Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Yayo, 50, Mobb Deep, they could all get on him and beat him in a battle, IMO.

It's more about lyrics than anything else. That's the problem with hip hop - too many clowns are selling based on production and their sound/appearance. Hell, Mike Jones is your prime example because he sucks. I've been listening to hip hop all my life, and I'm not like these other biased Southside cats, I listen to the North, West, and Midwest. "Get Rich or Die Tryin" was a hell of an album, but "The Massacre" was a p.o.s. to me.

G-Unit = nice for the club scene, but as for hip hop...they suck.

G UNIT doesn't suck, If they did, they wouldn't sell and they sell more then any other group/label out there. FACT.

You are right, too many clowns are out there in the Hip Hop Game, such as Dipset. Mike Jones? He is good, a lot of people in NY feelin' him and I am feelin' his music.

You don't even hear Dipset at the clubs. Dipset is the definition of wack.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 04:55 PM
When he was Murda Ma$e before and he was with Camron, you gonna say he can't spit? He was fire back then.

That was waaaaaaay back then, after all the sh-t he's been through, do you honestly think he's gonna get back to where he was before? Probably a 15% chance. Mase should be singing Kumbaya right now, not G-Unit.

It wasn't mainstream yet had as many hits as Massacre (In Da Club, 21 Questions, Wanksta) and Massacre is being called mainstream?

Mainstream isn't hit records, it's your delivery. He was gangsta on his old cd, now he's just an industry cat. I like keep-it-real rappers, not people who change their delivery just to sell records. I can appreciate an artist who is real and sells 500,000 copies over an artist who changes up to appeal to the audience and sell 8 million copies. 50 Cent = dedicated to please White America.

How are their mixtapes overrated? Please explain that. I don't think you can as that is pretty much an opinion. How you gonna say Juelz? Juelz is garbage. He rhymes with the same word. Very creative of him :rolleyes:

That's because you care too much about things being serious and to the point. Juelz Santana does not write his music, so he's gonna say some sh-t that may be off the walls, but he's hilarious. You have to be able to adapt to Juelz Santana - I hated him when "From Me To U" dropped. His 2 mixtapes, Back Like Cooked Crack and Back Like Cooked Crack 2 is what put me on.

Nas would tear G UNIT apart, but yet his diss was pure garbage. Shyne is locked up for 10 years yeah but he is plannin' on rappin' because he signed with Game's label Black Wall Street.
His diss was garbage, but you and me both know.........Nas is better than any of the G-Unit, Dipset, whatever cats. He's on the Tupac/Jay-Z level, that's why I refuse to compare. If anybody compares to Nas, it's Az.....and that's because of his intelligence.

But I really don't care, Wayne is the best rapper alive...since the best rapper retired. If you haven't been put on any of Weezy's mixtapes, you've been missing out like hell. He's the South's Jay-Z.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Are you kiddin' me? I have a friend who love Dipset, hate G UNIT but even they say Yayo has some hott stuff. They think he has the hottest stuff out of anyone on G UNIT.

Okay, that's your friend. LOL, honestly I could care less. It's an opinionated world and your friend's opinion is his, your opinion is your's, my opinion is mine.

JR Writer? :rofl3: Another Dipsh*t clown. Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Yayo, 50, Mobb Deep, they could all get on him and beat him in a battle, IMO.

Have you ever even heard JR spit? He's the one and only rapper in Dipset who never says any dumb sh-t. Go listen to Writer's Block vol.1 & 2, or holla at me on aim at RudeBwoy226 and I'll personally send you his first single feat. Cam & Lil Wayne.

G UNIT doesn't suck, If they did, they wouldn't sell and they sell more then any other group/label out there. FACT.

Okay, and selling records means what in hip hop? Absolutely nothing. You have a lot to learn about hip hop - selling records doesn't mean sh-t. Of those records sold, how many of those people are actual hardcore hip hop fans who listen to a wide variety of hip hop music? Probably about 20%, which is nothing. Again, G-Unit appeals to WHITE AMERICA....which means they are going to sell a sh-tload. You'd never catch me wearing their clothes, because it's wigger wear. Everybody knows that.

You are right, too many clowns are out there in the Hip Hop Game, such as Dipset. Mike Jones? He is good, a lot of people in NY feelin' him and I am feelin' his music.

LMFAO @ Mike Jones being good. There's another dude who spits the same sh-t over and over again. Everything is about how he came up, every song.....either about that or his ice & rims. Mike Jones sucks. The only dude out of Swisha House who is versatile is Paul Wall, and I don't REALLY care for him(he's straight for a white boy, actually...I'ma give his album a listen when it leaks).

You don't even hear Dipset at the clubs. Dipset is the definition of wack.
Um, that's probably because Dipset as a GROUP doesn't release singles. And honestly - they don't do the whole high promotion industry sh-t like 50 does. Dipset is mostly mixtapes - only artists there who have dropped albums are Jim Jones, Cam, & Juelz. Juelz's debut album got like 5/10 from me, but What The Game's Been Missin's advance copy is hella good. He has improved. You don't listen to his mixtapes, so how can you judge him?

.....See that's the thing with me. I listen to an artist's albums/mixtapes before I judge them.

tucker
08-19-2005, 05:18 PM
actually J.R. WRITER is nice with his and would take anyone in g-unit..his hardest opponent would be Banks

Fresh
08-19-2005, 05:24 PM
actually J.R. WRITER is nice with his and would take anyone in g-unit..his hardest opponent would be Banks

^Real talk........and Banks would be his only opponent. He's the only lyricist on G-Unit.

But again, none of them are f-ckin' with Weezy.

Prime Time
08-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Okay, that's your friend. LOL, honestly I could care less. It's an opinionated world and your friend's opinion is his, your opinion is your's, my opinion is mine.

Exactly, and thats what I have been saying/

Have you ever even heard JR spit? He's the one and only rapper in Dipset who never says any dumb sh-t. Go listen to Writer's Block vol.1 & 2, or holla at me on aim at RudeBwoy226 and I'll personally send you his first single feat. Cam & Lil Wayne.

Been there heard that.

Okay, and selling records means what in hip hop? Absolutely nothing. You have a lot to learn about hip hop - selling records doesn't mean sh-t. Of those records sold, how many of those people are actual hardcore hip hop fans who listen to a wide variety of hip hop music? Probably about 20%, which is nothing. Again, G-Unit appeals to WHITE AMERICA....which means they are going to sell a sh-tload. You'd never catch me wearing their clothes, because it's wigger wear. Everybody knows that.

Sellin' means nothing? Means A LOT, shows how good the music is selling. Hardcore Hip Hop Fans? Since when do you have to be a Hardcore Hip Hop Fan to buy a CD? G UNIT appeals to white America? Thats why all african american people know the words to G UNIT's songs and listen to it. Maybe they don't buy it but you know for sure they have a bootleg copy. You are one of the few people that doesn't wear G UNIT, its not wigger wear, its clothes that 50 made for the people and people wear it. I have seen a lot of Black people with it.

LMFAO @ Mike Jones being good. There's another dude who spits the same sh-t over and over again. Everything is about how he came up, every song.....either about that or his ice & rims. Mike Jones sucks. The only dude out of Swisha House who is versatile is Paul Wall, and I don't REALLY care for him(he's straight for a white boy, actually...I'ma give his album a listen when it leaks).

Spits ish over and over again? Damn sounds just like Dipset, but for some reason you like him.

Um, that's probably because Dipset as a GROUP doesn't release singles. And honestly - they don't do the whole high promotion industry sh-t like 50 does. Dipset is mostly mixtapes - only artists there who have dropped albums are Jim Jones, Cam, & Juelz. Juelz's debut album got like 5/10 from me, but What The Game's Been Missin's advance copy is hella good. He has improved. You don't listen to his mixtapes, so how can you judge him?

.....See that's the thing with me. I listen to an artist's albums/mixtapes before I judge them.

:sleep: You are the only one that listen to their albums and mixtapes? I don't think so. I have heard their albums I have heard their mixtapes. I even own Back like Cooked Crack Pt 2. Its in my CD holder in my car, but it never gets any time on my radio.

Go listen to some of the new G UNIT stuff because you obviously haven't been listenin' especially with some of the posts you've made.

Fresh
08-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Agree to disagree my firend, because all we're gonna do is go back and forth here and it's really not worth the time. I respect the fact that you appreciate G-Unit, and you should respect the fact that I appreciate Cam, Juelz, & JR(not all of Dipset). Like I said, you're arguing with me about Dipset and I'm not even a big fan. I'm mostly a fan of Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, & T.I. Then, Juelz Santana comes into the picture. I find most of Dip's music to be funny as f-ck. To me, Young Money(Wayne's click) is the "new movement"

But one last point, don't say that Dipset = clowns and think G-Unit isn't:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

And, just to add to the discussion, I find this hilarious(I saw it in my music folder in the mixtape section):

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/auikvp-1.jpg

But yeah, IMO, it's Dipset over G-Unit all day:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/auil3p-1.jpg

Prime Time
08-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Agree to disagree my firend, because all we're gonna do is go back and forth here and it's really not worth the time. I respect the fact that you appreciate G-Unit, and you should respect the fact that I appreciate Cam, Juelz, & JR(not all of Dipset). Like I said, you're arguing with me about Dipset and I'm not even a big fan. I'm mostly a fan of Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, & T.I. Then, Juelz Santana comes into the picture. I find most of Dip's music to be funny as f-ck. To me, Young Money(Wayne's click) is the "new movement"

But one last point, don't say that Dipset = clowns and think G-Unit isn't:

That is just them goofin' off. Everyone goofs off once in a while. But yeah you are right we are gonna go back and forth all day on this. For me its GUNIT all day every day. To each his own.

Fresh
08-20-2005, 12:18 PM
That is just them goofin' off. Everyone goofs off once in a while. But yeah you are right we are gonna go back and forth all day on this. For me its GUNIT all day every day. To each his own.

Yeah, but over all for me it's Weezy all day everyday. I was just taking Dip over G-Unit.

FinsNCanes
08-20-2005, 12:29 PM
I just wanna put my 2 cents in.

G-Unit is the suck :tongue:
I strongly believe that 50 cent is quite overrated. I remember when he first came out they were already comparing him to 2pac :lol:

He shouldn't even be in the same sentence as 2pac. 50 is more of an image than a rapper in my opinion.

Out of curiousity am I the only one that still listens to early/mid 90's rap?

FinsNYanksFan13
08-20-2005, 12:35 PM
If money talks and you know what walks then 50 got a lot of talking to do!

Prime Time
08-20-2005, 02:48 PM
I just wanna put my 2 cents in.

G-Unit is the suck :tongue:
I strongly believe that 50 cent is quite overrated. I remember when he first came out they were already comparing him to 2pac :lol:

He shouldn't even be in the same sentence as 2pac. 50 is more of an image than a rapper in my opinion.

G UNIT all day. Listen to their mixtapes and listen to their CDs (If you already haven't) and tell me they suck. ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

FinsNYanksFan13
08-20-2005, 03:09 PM
I like a lot of other artists besides G-Unit but I'm with prime time, G-Unit is killin cats right now. Don't hate cause 50 stays makin hits. At this point in time, G-Unit is killin soundscan (I think every G-Unit album that's come out is fire except for The Massacre which I think was average), their killin the mixtape scene, and their making the most money. Plus everyone in the crew can rhyme and if you say that they can't, you definitely haven't heard the mixtapes. Yeah I'm sure 12 year olds buy 50's albums but that doesn't mean he's selling out, it just means more $$$. I can't understand cats thinkin he sold out because 12 year olds cop his album. It isn't like he's making music for 12 year old, so you really can't hate. 50 is as popular on the streets as he is in some 12 year old white kids suburban neighborhood and you can't try to deny that but you'd be wrong. You can say he sold out with candy shop but that record is a strong reason why he sold 1.4 in 4 days and that song gets the ladies open. Can't hate 50 for making records that makes the girlies dance!

Fresh
08-20-2005, 04:00 PM
50 is more of an image than a rapper in my opinion.

You nailed the hammer on the head, or whatever they say(LOL). That is absolutely right - he is more of an image than a rapper. A lot of people like to compare him to Tupac and Jay-Z, but their rap game matched or overwrote their image to the fullest. I respect 50 Cent as a hustler and an overall person because he gets what he needs - money, power, and respect. However, as a rapper......no, I'm sorry. His rhymes are repetitive and we've heard all of his sh-t before. He is more of an image than a rapper, and that's cool. Just don't label him as a top rapper, because that he certainly is not.

Nope. I often pop in some old Dre, Eazy-E, Warren G, Snoop, Tupac, Jay-Z, Hot Boys, Outkast, etc. Early/mid 90's hip hop kept it real because it was more to the point, less about freestyling and name-dropping. But I'm all for the new movement of hip hop, which for me includes rappers like Lil Wayne, T.I., Papoose, and many others. Many people probably dislike The Game because he name drops too much, but again...he's apart of the new movement, hate it or love it. Rappers like Mike Jones shouldn't be considered to be anything more than club jumpers(Still Tippin' & Back Then are the only decent songs on his entire album). Young Jeezy is another rapper who is getting a lot of love, but his lyrics are average at best - he just has hella good production and at least stays on beat. His album is tight but he's not.

But like I said, it's Weezy all day for me......he's the future. I'll take back me saying that G-Unit sucks, because 50 is okay, Banks is fire, & Buck/Mobb Deep are straight. But then again, you can't say Dipset sucks because J.R. Writer is a part of Hip Hop's future movement and Juelz & Cam are on point when they're not f-cking around. Jim Jones has always been half decent to me, but he stepped it up on his new album. Go listen to that "Honey Dip"

backpacker
08-20-2005, 04:38 PM
You don't even hear Dipset at the clubs.

Just because you dont hear a song in the club, doesn't mean the song, or the artist sucks.

Just because someone sells more then another person, doesn't mean they're better than them.

50 Cent = dedicated to please White America.

I half agree that 50 makes music for white america, but not all white people like 50. I'm white, and I almost hate 50.

Thats why all african american people know the words to G UNIT's songs and listen to it.

That's major stereotyping. I know plenty of "african american people" who don't listen to G-Unit, and can't stand them. And plenty of "african american people" who don't even listen to rap.

tucker
08-20-2005, 06:05 PM
whats this g-unit all day or dipset all day or weezy all day? give me a break...you guys sound like a bunch of groupies..the g-unit mix tapes arent even anything special...hell most mixtapes for that matter arent that special...you do know J.R. Writer will never be anything more than a Koch artist..he's good but he's not the "future"..he'll be the same thing as 40 Cal or Hell Rell are...lil wayne is cool but man, you are jocking him like your on his street team or something...

tucker
08-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Thats why all african american people know the words to G UNIT's songs and listen to it. Maybe they don't buy it but you know for sure they have a bootleg copy. You are one of the few people that doesn't wear G UNIT, its not wigger wear, its clothes that 50 made for the people and people wear it. I have seen a lot of Black people with it.

LOL at this whole post..i know TONS of people who dont know the words to the songs...that was a pretty dumb comment ..and lol@alot of pple wearing g-unit clothes...i barely ever see anyone wearing that clothes, plus the clothes arent even that nice..if i was gonna buy that type of clothing, you better bet that it would be enyce or sean jean over that anyday...

Prime Time
08-20-2005, 09:27 PM
LOL at this whole post..i know TONS of people who dont know the words to the songs...that was a pretty dumb comment ..and lol@alot of pple wearing g-unit clothes...i barely ever see anyone wearing that clothes, plus the clothes arent even that nice..if i was gonna buy that type of clothing, you better bet that it would be enyce or sean jean over that anyday...

Tucker where do you live? I see plenty of people here wearin' it.

Prime Time
08-20-2005, 09:27 PM
whats this g-unit all day or dipset all day or weezy all day? give me a break...you guys sound like a bunch of groupies

:shakeno:

Prime Time
08-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Just because you dont hear a song in the club, doesn't mean the song, or the artist sucks.

But the point is you don't hear their songs on TV or the radio either. So how can they be listed as hott? I admit some of their songs are hott and I do like but they are very few and far between.

Just because someone sells more then another person, doesn't mean they're better than them.

Then what does???

I half agree that 50 makes music for white america, but not all white people like 50. I'm white, and I almost hate 50.

How can you think that? It isn't like he is rockin' n rollin'. If it was for white america he wouldn't be cursing, and he'd probably do more of a Will Smith approach to the rap game.

That's major stereotyping. I know plenty of "african american people" who don't listen to G-Unit, and can't stand them. And plenty of "african american people" who don't even listen to rap.

So If they don't listen to G UNIT why can't they stand them.

Fresh
08-21-2005, 01:10 AM
lil wayne is cool but man, you are jocking him like your on his street team or something...

I've been promoting for Cash Money/Young Money Records for like a year now. Sh-t, I was still 17 when they put me on, but I turned 18 shortly after and started at FIU last year(7/27/86). I got put onto the scene by my brother Mark, so I help with t-shirts, cd's, concerts, emails, phone calls, and all types of other stuff. I drop exclusives whenever I'm allowed to, but I have so many unheard of sh-t from Wayne & co. My homeboy Curren$y is an artist on Young Money(it's Wayne's label), and you can find him all over the Young Money Mixtape as well as Wayne's upcoming album, The Carter II. He's also on a song "Shovlin' Snow" on Birdman - Fast Money along with another YM artist, Mack Maine. Curren$y used to be on No Limit, but he realized Master P was washed up, so he dipped. As for Wayne, he's been my favorite rapper since Lights Out came out in 2000. I didn't hop on the bandwagon like everybody else. :shakeno:

I was actually put onto Dipset by Wayne, who has a house on Miami Beach. Last year when The Carter came out and things were getting crazy with tour dates and such, Cam/JR/Juelz were all over the town with him, and those are some funny *** dudes. Before then, I only listened to Cam'Ron occasionally.

Left to right - Lil Boo, Mack Maine, Curren$y, Weezy on the bottom. Not pictured are the r&b dude Real who was on The Carter & newly signed Raw Dizzy & Lil Carl(who is on Birdman's new cd as well).

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/avsm4k-1.jpg

Holla at me if you want the mixtape - AIM- RudeBwoy226, Email- Buckshotz@tmail.com ........ask Nappy Roots about it, he's lovin' it, especially Curren$y.

Fresh
08-21-2005, 01:20 AM
But the point is you don't hear their songs on TV or the radio either. So how can they be listed as hott? I admit some of their songs are hott and I do like but they are very few and far between.

That is because Dipset is more of a freestyle, free for all type of crew. They make music strictly for the streets, they don't try and bend - and there's nothing wrong with bending a bit and becoming more flexible, but that's not their style. I mean, look at the singles they drop......"Down & Out" was probably as mainstream as it gets for Dipset. G-Unit on the other hand, they drop their singles to appeal to the audience - and there's nothing wrong with that. Dipset is more for freestyling and keeping it street, and you're never gonna sell much with that approach, but it doesn't decide whether or not you're a hot artist/group. Take Jae Millz for example....he'd probably eat up half of the rap game, but his single "Who" and his album probably won't even reach Gold.

Then what does???

Record sales don't mean sh-t as to how good of a rapper you are, everybody knows that. Record sales just proves how many fans you have and how good you are at putting out hits. It means absolutely nothing from an overall standpoint. I'm sure many people would consider Scarface as a Southern great, well...Scarface has never had a multi-platinum album. Now, would you be willing to call a rapper as sh-tty as Chingy better than Lloyd Banks & Young Buck? Chingy's "Jackpot" album went 2x Platinum. The debuts of Banks & Buck both went Platinum. And there's no doubt between me and you, that Banks and Buck are FAR better. Ja Rule is another example of a rapper who isn't any better than average, yet has a 3x Platinum album and a 2x Platinum album.

How can you think that? It isn't like he is rockin' n rollin'. If it was for white america he wouldn't be cursing, and he'd probably do more of a Will Smith approach to the rap game.

Not necessarily - some people like me don't even consider Will Smith a rapper, but rather more of a pop artist(even though his flow is pretty much hip hop).

Couldn't answer that for him, but I know when I went to Norland, nobody really wore G-Unit clothes. You will rarely find somebody in the hood wearing G-Unit clothes. It's more Akademikz, Girbaud, tee's, Dickies, Phat Farm, Roc-A-Wear, Sean John, etc.

On a side note, this ain't a bad discussion.....nobody's really dissing anybody. PT, when was the last time me & you made a single quote to each other without a mod getting involved? Well, there's been like 30 in this thread without it. :lol:

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 01:31 AM
On a side note, this ain't a bad discussion.....nobody's really dissing anybody. PT, when was the last time me & you made a single quote to each other without a mod getting involved? Well, there's been like 30 in this thread without it. :lol:

Are you serious?! It can't be true!! Let me doublecheck that.

:eek:

backpacker
08-21-2005, 11:50 AM

2 pistolz answered the rest pf ur replies, but i worded that wrong i guess. they cant stand them, so they dont listen to them. is that better?

Nappy Roots
08-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I've been promoting for Cash Money/Young Money Records for like a year now. Sh-t, I was still 17 when they put me on, but I turned 18 shortly after and started at FIU last year(7/27/86). I got put onto the scene by my brother Mark, so I help with t-shirts, cd's, concerts, emails, phone calls, and all types of other stuff. I drop exclusives whenever I'm allowed to, but I have so many unheard of sh-t from Wayne & co. My homeboy Curren$y is an artist on Young Money(it's Wayne's label), and you can find him all over the Young Money Mixtape as well as Wayne's upcoming album, The Carter II. He's also on a song "Shovlin' Snow" on Birdman - Fast Money along with another YM artist, Mack Maine. Curren$y used to be on No Limit, but he realized Master P was washed up, so he dipped. As for Wayne, he's been my favorite rapper since Lights Out came out in 2000. I didn't hop on the bandwagon like everybody else. :shakeno:

I was actually put onto Dipset by Wayne, who has a house on Miami Beach. Last year when The Carter came out and things were getting crazy with tour dates and such, Cam/JR/Juelz were all over the town with him, and those are some funny *** dudes. Before then, I only listened to Cam'Ron occasionally.

Left to right - Lil Boo, Mack Maine, Curren$y, Weezy on the bottom. Not pictures is the r&b dude Real who was on The Carter & newly signed Raw Dizzy.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/avsm4k-1.jpg

Holla at me if you want the mixtape - AIM- RudeBwoy226, Email- Buckshotz@tmail.com ........ask Nappy Roots about it, he's lovin' it, especially Curren$y.

:eek: mixtape is crazy.

And Curren$y is...
:jawdrop:

the only person i didnt like to much was Lil Boo, and i actually like him now. That new song they got called You Nasty is heat for real.

shorty gotta booty like pop corn/
remove your underwear, but please leave them socks on/
feet and toes, i aint really in to that/
just trying to put my hand on top your head like a fitted cap/
is you feelin that? shorty i know you is/
observe the no clothes sign when you in my crib/
i cant let em get past me/
i cut the camera on and shorty said "you nasty"/

curren$y is a bad *****, funny as hell.

Nappy Roots
08-21-2005, 12:01 PM
ive only seen a couple people round here where G-Unit stuff, a young white kid, and a young black kid.

**** just isnt popular down here.

Phin-o-rama
08-21-2005, 12:10 PM
50 cent is only popular cuz he got shot 9 times and because dre and EM launched his career for him.

he is a mush mouth ******* that couldn't freestyle if he had too. he is all marketing and money, there is no artist there.

t2thejz
08-21-2005, 12:35 PM

Anyways, I was patiently waiting for G-Unot to officially go soft. Well, signing Mase easily accomplishes that for you - G-Unot is officially mainstream. I'll always listen to Lloyd Banks and Young Buck, and yeah...Mobb Deep is straight. However, 50's crew is officially mainstream. It's easy for them to get at Ja Rule who sucks, but I've never seen them get on a group/rapper who can actually spit. They got on Game, but he ripped them in that 100 bar freestyle.
How do you listen to the songs, I signed up but cant figure out how to download any songs or anything

Fresh
08-21-2005, 12:51 PM
:eek: mixtape is crazy.

And Curren$y is...
:jawdrop:

the only person i didnt like to much was Lil Boo, and i actually like him now. That new song they got called You Nasty is heat for real.

shorty gotta booty like pop corn/
remove your underwear, but please leave them socks on/
feet and toes, i aint really in to that/
just trying to put my hand on top your head like a fitted cap/
is you feelin that? shorty i know you is/
observe the no clothes sign when you in my crib/
i cant let em get past me/
i cut the camera on and shorty said "you nasty"/

curren$y is a bad *****, funny as hell.

[Young Jeezy voice]

thas riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

[/Young Jeezy voice]

Fresh
08-21-2005, 01:16 PM
One of the mods should change this thread title to "The Official Hip Hop Talk Thread" or something like that.

I know a lot of people here don't like hip hop, so let's keep it cool and just leave it all in one thread unless it's some big news.

byroan
08-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Title changed. :wink:

Nappy Roots
08-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Title changed. :wink:

thanks byroan, thats alot better...

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 03:23 PM
:lol: I just downloaded Yayo's CD and I am def. gonna buy it. It is good IMO. Yayo has some hott punch lines ala Lloyd Banks style.

Fresh
08-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Any Juvenile fans in here? I know since his Cash Money days he has had a large audience. LOL, he talked sh-t about wanting to fight Birdman, then he got his chain snatched. Here's the dude who snatched Juvenile's UTP chain and a picture, plus the interview.

Picture of Carlos Cartel, dude who snatched Juve's chain:

Link to the Interview: http://www.dirtysouthrap.com/

LOL, that's embarrassing.... :lol:

Nappy Roots
08-21-2005, 04:39 PM
:roflmao: :sidelol:

FinsNCanes
08-21-2005, 05:16 PM
50 Cent cannot rap. I am sorry. The guy just "talks" rhymes if that makes any sense..it does to me. All his songs sound very very similiar. Yeah..I'll admit..the beats are somewhat catchy, but after you hear it 5x it get's old..fast.

I personally like more up beat rap. I'm good with 2pac, Twista, Bone Thugs, Tricky Daddy (gotta love a man who bleeds Miami), Eazy-E, N.W.A, and things of that sort of nature.

And for my rock side since I CAN'T STAND the "rock" today I like me some Led Zep, Skynrd, etc. It's not like I'm an old fart either..I'm only 22. I just think 90% of the music today is utter crap and a lot of it is sampled so I would much rather like to find a nice underground rap site. Most underground rap is a lot lot better it's just the people like Interscope and what not who want to make money don't believe it will make money, which in fact it may not..I'm no business man. Unfortunately there are very very few good RAPPERS and there are more ENTERTAINERS.

FinsNCanes
08-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Any Juvenile fans in here? I know since his Cash Money days he has had a large audience. LOL, he talked sh-t about wanting to fight Birdman, then he got his chain snatched. Here's the dude who snatched Juvenile's UTP chain and a picture, plus the interview.

Picture of Carlos Cartel, dude who snatched Juve's chain:

Link to the Interview: http://www.dirtysouthrap.com/

LOL, that's embarrassing.... :lol:

Juvenile has always been a *****. Never liked him..just like Ludacris.

Crisis
08-21-2005, 07:38 PM
:lol: I just downloaded Yayo's CD and I am def. gonna buy it. It is good IMO. Yayo has some hott punch lines ala Lloyd Banks style.

So Yayo is cool like the other side of the pillow? :rofl3:

t2thejz
08-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Where did you download it?

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 09:13 PM
So Yayo is cool like the other side of the pillow? :rofl3:

:lol: Yeah...:rofl:

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Where did you download it?

Go to any software program where you can DL songs and look up his songs. Damn Curious/Pimpin' are hott. That is his next hit too.

t2thejz
08-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Go to any software program where you can DL songs and look up his songs. Damn Curious/Pimpin' are hott. That is his next hit too.
What program do you reccomend

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I use ARES...good program...haven't been able to find a couple of vids.

Crisis
08-21-2005, 10:10 PM

lol Curious is a garbage r&b love song.

Crisis
08-21-2005, 10:12 PM
rofl I missed where you said Mike Jones was hot.

All he talks about is how he came up and then repeats "Mike Jones...Mike Jones...Mike Jones...Who Is Mike Jones..." for 3 verses.

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 10:21 PM
lol Curious is a garbage r&b love song.

Curious is like a 21 Questions type song of this album...and it is hott and catchy. I like it.

Prime Time
08-21-2005, 10:23 PM
rofl I missed where you said Mike Jones was hot.

All he talks about is how he came up and then repeats "Mike Jones...Mike Jones...Mike Jones...Who Is Mike Jones..." for 3 verses.

:rolleyes:

Fresh
08-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Curious is like a 21 Questions type song of this album...and it is hott and catchy. I like it.

That's what makes G-Unit so popular, all they do is make catchy tracks and release them as singles. Nothing wrong with that, but recognize that what they do is no different than what Nelly does - besides all the fronting(Nelly doesn't front, he knows he's more of a lady's man than a gangsta). That's why I said record sales don't prove the better rapper, it proves the better hit maker/rapper who can make a more catchy song. When most people hear a SINGLE/VIDEO, they don't look for the lyrics, and they look for the sound and the chorus, and that's a well rounded fact. Basically, more than half of G-Unit's fanbase is white(nothing wrong with that), and that's why they sell. LOL, most black dudes(sh-t, I admit that I only buy albums from Wayne, Jigga, & maybe if the artist blows me away) don't buy albums - we get them off Boxden or from the neighborhood album dude. Dipset has a ghetto *** fanbase, which is why they don't sell. I mean, people post the retails to download on their OFFICIAL message board. I've never bought anything Dipset outside of a fitted hat & the "Stop Snitching" tee I bought last week that you can see on J.R. Writer right here:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/jr7ux0bd-1.gif

As for Mike Jones, Crisis is right. All he does is shout out his name and talk about how he made it on every damn track. If I wonna hear that sh-t, I'll watch The Jefferson's. Back Then & Still Tippin' are his only good tracks on the entire album, and of course they're his singles. LOL, believe it or not, I'm(Mr. Hate On The White Rapper Convention) kind've feelin' Paul Wall. I have the advanced copy of The People's Champ where I downloaded it just for the BG/Bun B & Lil Wayne features, well...I came away surprised. He's also done a great job on features on Kanye West & Jim Jones' album. His mixtape with Chamillionaire was pretty straight too, but now they're dissing each other of course. I'm not too into Houston rap, but he's straight to me, especially for a white boy.

Oh, and PT......use Boxden for DL'ing music, videos, movies, etc. bruh. As soon as I registered last year, I winded up deleting Limewire.

http://slumz.boxden.com/

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 12:14 AM
G UNIT has songs with hott lyrics but they aren't singles, they stay as album songs.

My Buddy is probably one of the few hott ones with hott lyrics that had some air play.

Many Men had hott lyrics and was only seen on BET UNCUT at late night.

There are numerous songs with hott lyrics, If you want me to name em I will. :)

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh, and PT......use Boxden for DL'ing music, videos, movies, etc. bruh. As soon as I registered last year, I winded up deleting Limewire.

http://slumz.boxden.com/

Can you do me a quick favor? Search Curious/Pimpin' and see If the vid comes up. Don't DL just see If it is there.

backpacker
08-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I've never bought anything Dipset outside of a fitted hat & the "Stop Snitching" tee I bought last week that you can see on J.R. Writer right here:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/jr7ux0bd-1.gif

Haha, my friend got that shirt in white and wore it on the first day of school, everyone was givin him props.

Phin-o-rama
08-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Stop saying everything is "hot"

give paris hilton her word back

Nappy Roots
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Stop saying everything is "hot"

give paris hilton her word back

stop being bad at life. find something else better to do with your time big tymer

Crisis
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
G UNIT has songs with hott lyrics but they aren't singles, they stay as album songs.

My Buddy is probably one of the few hott ones with hott lyrics that had some air play.

Many Men had hott lyrics and was only seen on BET UNCUT at late night.

There are numerous songs with hott lyrics, If you want me to name em I will. :)

Average lyrics songs. Like I said, DL ANY Bis song/freestyle and you'll know what lyrics are.

Who buys a G-Unit CD for lyrics anyways?

BTW anyone listen to that Bis and Kool G track I linked up? It's supposed to be on Kool G's next mixtape I think.

Nappy Roots
08-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Average lyrics songs. Like I said, DL ANY Bis song/freestyle and you'll know what lyrics are.

Who buys a G-Unit CD for lyrics anyways?

BTW anyone listen to that Bis and Kool G track I linked up? It's supposed to be on Kool G's next mixtape I think.

i must of missed it, relink if you could.

Crisis
08-22-2005, 01:16 PM
http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B4EGUNRT5HXS3KFHQCZMNMXG5

i think that link is still up, i'll re-up if it isn't working.

FinsNCanes
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Just please none of you tell me you are wiggers :rofl3:

And if somebody comments how wigger is "racist" in anyway I'm going to scream.

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 04:50 PM

I am NOT a wigger because I honestly am not even white, but what is wrong with white people listenin' to rap? They can't discuss it because why? Because the majority of rappers are black? Well guess what so is the majority of NFL and NBA and plenty of white people discuss that.

mor911
08-22-2005, 05:54 PM

Yeah, I'm not white either... But I'm also finding difficult to see what's wrong with a white guy that likes rap.

So by "wigger", and you talking about a white guy that listens to rap? Or a white guy that tries to be black?

Fresh
08-22-2005, 06:12 PM

I'm black, in other words I'm qualified to say nigga all I want, my nigga..

I am NOT a wigger because I honestly am not even white, but what is wrong with white people listenin' to rap? They can't discuss it because why? Because the majority of rappers are black? Well guess what so is the majority of NFL and NBA and plenty of white people discuss that.
There's nothing wrong with white dudes listening to rap, the problem is white dudes acting as if they're black. I also have a problem with ANYBODY who isn't black - saying the word "nigga". Yes, even if it's the -a and not the -er. If you're not black, don't say that sh-t unless you're quoting somebody or singing a song(like your sig).

Nappy Roots
08-22-2005, 06:22 PM
never knew what the hell this is word really meant, so someone please explain the meaning of the word Wigger...

Nappy Roots
08-22-2005, 06:24 PM

There's nothing wrong with white dudes listening to rap, the problem is white dudes acting as if they're black. I also have a problem with ANYBODY who isn't black - saying the word "nigga". Yes, even if it's the -a and not the -er. If you're not black, don't say that sh-t unless you're quoting somebody or singing a song(like your sig).

so you gotta problem with Fat Joe?

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM

White dudes actin' black? I don't really have a problem with it, If they grew up in a tough hood or somethin' like that. But If they are like Malibu's Most Wanted, yeah those people are annoyin'.

I don't have a problem with people who aren't black sayin the word "nigga" as long as they aren't using it in a racist way. White people, Okay I have a little tougher time acceptin' it but I don't mind that much. Spanish people and Indian/Carribean people can say it and I really wouldn't have a problem with it. It has become acceptable in Society to say it, that is why everyone says it. No white people say what up cracker, therefore noone really says cracker unless its in racist terms, just like Spic, noone says Waddup Spic.

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 06:27 PM
BTW, the reason I came to post in this thread at this timewas so that you guys can see this...

Dipset

THE DIPLOMATS (ALL DAY!)

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :goof:

Fresh
08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
White dudes actin' black? I don't really have a problem with it, If they grew up in a tough hood or somethin' like that. But If they are like Malibu's Most Wanted, yeah those people are annoyin'.

I don't have a problem with people who aren't black sayin the word "nigga" as long as they aren't using it in a racist way. White people, Okay I have a little tougher time acceptin' it but I don't mind that much. Spanish people and Indian/Carribean people can say it and I really wouldn't have a problem with it. It has become acceptable in Society to say it, that is why everyone says it. No white people say what up cracker, therefore noone really says cracker unless its in racist terms, just like Spic, noone says Waddup Spic.

It's different for you, because you're not black. No offense, but if you came around here saying "nigga".....you'd either get whooped, looked at funny, or laughed at. It depends on the person, really. If you're a real nigga, you don't associate with white people or Hispanics(rather hispanics who AREN'T our color, like for example most Domincans like JR Writer are darker, so they can say it). Hispanics who are about the color of white people...nah, that's not accepted. If a white person or lighter hispanic says it to me, I reply with "wuzup cracka" or "wuzup spic" - that's just me. I keep it real. Like for example, your Tony Yayo quote in your sig is cool because it's just that, a quote, but don't say "nigga" to me unless you're quoting something. And yeah, this does add to the discussion for people wondering, thanks to the Paul Wall's of the Hip Hop industry. :D

One thing to add, Dipset does it for the streets simply because they don't need money. Anybody exposed around the Dip family knows that they are Bloodz. Jim Jones runs an entire set, Cam'Ron runs multiple sets, and Juelz is what you call a former "stick up kid" who pretty much got rich off of that sh-t when he was a teenager, just never got busted. But really, they're all Bloodz so they don't have to sell platinum records to make money. I'm exposed around the Cash Money/Young Money family and that's really an environment filled with Bloodz. The only rappers I've ever seen on that click who weren't Bloodz are Juvenile, Mickey, Mack 10, & Lil Boo. Juvenile used to front hard though because BG had his back, but everybody knows Juve is what he came out of at birth - p-ssy. Wayne, Turk, BG, Birdman, etc. are all Bloodz. BG is probably the realist G in the industry. Dipset isn't loud about their affiliations though, whereas Wayne doesn't go anywhere without his red bandana tied in his back pocket. As for someone like Jim Jones, he's a Koch artist, which means if he sells 300,000 records, he's getting paid about the same as someone who sells 2-3 million. He gets like $8-10 an album, while G-Unit cats under Interscope wind up with way less an album(and no I'm not hatin' because Wayne is in the same situation with Universal Records, which distributes Cash Money).

Just a little inside scoop for yall who don't know what's real.......

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
It's different for you, because you're not black. No offense, but if you came around here saying "nigga".....you'd either get whooped, looked at funny, or laughed at. It depends on the person, really. If you're a real nigga, you don't associate with white people or Hispanics(rather hispanics who AREN'T our color, like for example most Domincans like JR Writer are darker, so they can say it).

I honestly think it is how you carry yourself. If Eminem were to go there and say nigga I am sure 99% of the people wouldn't have a prob. with it. It just depends on how you carry yourself IMO.

Megatron
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM

There's nothing wrong with white dudes listening to rap, the problem is white dudes acting as if they're black. What does a black guy act like anyway?? Almost every black person I know that is originally from Canada acts and speaks a whole lot like me. Now the younger kids talk and act like rappers but there is nothing rough about their way of life at all, they're copying American black males. Are they faking it like a white person fakes it or do they get a pass because they're black?

Crisis
08-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Cam'Ron is my favorite ret@rded rapper.

Sorry, just had to stick that in there. (Thought I'd change the subject before someone asks if Jin is allowed to say *****)

He was pretty dope when he first came out, now he's just good beats.

rock mostly dosey, I roll mostly dololy
I'll leave you wholy, holy, you'll say "Holy Moly"
Here come the coroner get 'em, play "Rolly Poley"

He can be funny tho. I'm still not feelin' the whole pink thing...

Nappy Roots
08-22-2005, 08:44 PM
I honestly think it is how you carry yourself. If Eminem were to go there and say nigga I am sure 99% of the people wouldn't have a prob. with it. It just depends on how you carry yourself IMO.

your kidding right? im more black then eminem. hes white as can be. now if paul wall said it, there might be some acceptance.

Jimi
08-22-2005, 08:53 PM
2 Pistolz i deffinatley dont agree with you. Im white but i float around with alot of diffrent groups. IM on the basketabll and football team so im associated with alot of black guys from there. I also just have a bunch of other friends from other ways that are black. I can tell you 99.9% dont give a **** if i say nigga(sorry if that offended you) because they cool wit me. I really dont say it newayz, but its the fact of the matter they dont care ethir way.

If you dont want other people saying it dont say it. Bottom line. You said where u r white boys can get whooped for sayin tht.So if white people started usin the word cracker would u be cool wit a group of white kids beatin up some black dude who said it? I know i wouldnt, and i doubt you do ethir.

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 09:05 PM

Sorry, just had to stick that in there. (Thought I'd change the subject before someone asks if Jin is allowed to say *****)

The Pink is hott. One of the only few good things Dipset has ever done. That and Purple. I have bought tees with those colors and matchin' shoes because it looks REALLY nice. That I will give Dipset props on. :up:

Fresh
08-22-2005, 09:30 PM
What does a black guy act like anyway?? Almost every black person I know that is originally from Canada acts and speaks a whole lot like me. Now the younger kids talk and act like rappers but there is nothing rough about their way of life at all, they're copying American black males. Are they faking it like a white person fakes it or do they get a pass because they're black?
I don't exactly come from a good area, so I wouldn't know. I know for a fact when I go out to Pembroke Lakes Mall, I often get a laugh at all these Pembroke Pines cats who claim sets and stuff like that, as if it's really going down. That's ducktales, bruh.......those dudes aren't accepted where I come from. I don't have a problem with how these people dress now - hey, you have the money, spend it. However, don't carry yourself as hardcore if you're truly not, because in the wrong place at the wrong time you're gonna get your feelings hurt.

The Pink is hott. One of the only few good things Dipset has ever done. That and Purple. I have bought tees with those colors and matchin' shoes because it looks REALLY nice. That I will give Dipset props on. :up:
See, that's one thing I don't like about Dipset, LOL. The most I'd go soft on are probably polo shirts, and I'd only rock a Roc-A-Wear or Akademiks polo shirt, because I have some tight ones. For tee's, it's strictly black, red, white, blue, or something like that.

2 Pistolz i deffinatley dont agree with you. Im white but i float around with alot of diffrent groups. IM on the basketabll and football team so im associated with alot of black guys from there. I also just have a bunch of other friends from other ways that are black. I can tell you 99.9% dont give a **** if i say nigga(sorry if that offended you) because they cool wit me. I really dont say it newayz, but its the fact of the matter they dont care ethir way.

If you dont want other people saying it dont say it. Bottom line. You said where u r white boys can get whooped for sayin tht.So if white people started usin the word cracker would u be cool wit a group of white kids beatin up some black dude who said it? I know i wouldnt, and i doubt you do ethir.
No offense, but trust me......I know for a fact it's MUCH different in Tampa than Harlem, Brooklyn, Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, and many other cities. Tampa isn't known at all in the Hip Hop culture, so I'm sure there aren't many who have a problem with it. For example, those Broward County kids say it with freedom, but it doesn't leave their mouth once they step foot outside of that county.

If Eminem said "nigga" in a song and the content wasn't based on a story or something like that, trust me...any real nigga out there would disown him as an artist they listen to/person they care for. I don't know about the Uncle Tom's, but most black dudes would disown him for that.

Fresh
08-22-2005, 09:42 PM

That's the thing about Cam & Juelz........you really, really have to be into the whole humor thing to feel them. Juelz is funny as hell. He can say the word "f-ck" and it would come out as funny, like in the new "Get Down" track/video on More Than Music. Yeah, he ends his bars with the same word sometimes, but only when he's tryna be funny. Overall, Juelz is just a funny person on and off the scene, and he's not into that "fame" sh-t. If he's down here which is very often, my people can chill with him whenever. He's just cool like that if he knows you. He's actually one of my favorite rappers to be around because I like to mess around. One time I was down there at South Beach just chilling with them(I don't do drugs at all) and this cat was high as hell off some reefer..........every chick who walked by he was singing some Barry White sh-t to them and shouting "DIP DIP" between the lyrics. Just don't call him by his name, "LaRon" especially if he's drunk or high. :lol:

I just can't be around the overly cocky type who overhypes their own fame, which would be someone like Fabolous who is still one of my favorite rappers. He disrespects all of his fans unless you're connected. I can't stand the "overhype my fame" crowds at all. Yeah, I know Wayne's crew & Dipset, but you'd never see me flossin' or acting different/higher than you because of it. LOL, but Juelz will get you into any club when he's down, and he'll hook you up with any hats, jerseys, shirts, Nikes, whatever. I'd never roll with them if 40 Cal is there though, because I had an "altercation" with him before.

backpacker
08-22-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm white, and I personally can't stand when people label me as a wigger, and when non black people use the word (excuse my language) nigga. No, I didn't grow up in the projects or in a "rough" neighborhood, I grew up in a community in Broward County. But I was surrounded by black people and "black" culture/music my whole life. I don't sag my pants down by my thighs and I dont wear shirts where the sleeves are at my forearms. I wear urban clothes like DrunknMunky, some Ecko, some Bad Boy, and Rocawear and I use slang. I'll probably always be known as "the white boy" because I'm one of the few around a group of 5-plus black people. But hey, I am what I am.

Jimi
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
No offense, but trust me......I know for a fact it's MUCH different in Tampa than Harlem, Brooklyn, Miami, New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, and many other cities. Tampa isn't known at all in the Hip Hop culture, so I'm sure there aren't many who have a problem with it. For example, those Broward County kids say it with freedom, but it doesn't leave their mouth once they step foot outside of that county.

Ya u deffinatley right about that. There are some parts of Tampa that are ruff tho(no im not in that part, but got a lot of friends there.) It just seems most black people dont care about skin color as much as u say they do. Like i go to some courts where its almost all black guys, but i can play ball so i dont hear any white-boy jokes(maybe the occasional one:lol: .)

Its cool tho, we both disgaree a lil on wut is and isnt exceptable. Thats fine.

Fresh
08-22-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm white, and I personally can't stand when people label me as a wigger, and when non black people use the word (excuse my language) nigga. No, I didn't grow up in the projects or in a "rough" neighborhood, I grew up in a community in Broward County. But I was surrounded by black people and "black" culture/music my whole life. I don't sag my pants down by my thighs and I dont wear shirts where the sleeves are at my forearms. I wear urban clothes like DrunknMunky, some Ecko, some Bad Boy, and Rocawear and I use slang. I'll probably always be known as "the white boy" because I'm one of the few around a group of 5-plus black people. But hey, I am what I am.

But you don't pretend to be something you're not, right? A wigger to me is really someone who pretends to come from the hardcore area, pretends to be gangsta, pretends to just overall be a black person. Like Paul Wall, I'd actually accept him as being real because that's how he grew up, ya know? See, that's cool. Yeah, you are what you are because that's you - you're not fake. I don't have a problem with anybody listening to Hip Hop or wearing Urban wear, it's when it gets out of hand........it's hard to explain, but you know what I mean, right? Yeah, you're cool.

And yeah Jimi, I see what you're saying.

Prime Time
08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Honestly, this whole thing is a non-issue IMO. Let people do what they want, If things happen to them, then they should have known better. Me, I grew up in a rougher part of Miami when I was very young, then moved with my Mom to Ft. Lauderdale, then moved again to a better place and a much nicer house and atmosphere. I don't claim anything, I just act myself. Me, I am kinda like you 2P...I like to goof off and hang out. I dress urban and I listen to rap. I talk slang as most kids do. But I don't go around tryin' to start fights, and sayin' I sell weed and shyt like that. I don't even like to fight even though I do get into the occasional scuffle. And where I am livin' I think it is turnin' more ghetto as each day passes by...more and more black people move here.

cools10
08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
propz

FinsNCanes
08-23-2005, 01:40 PM

I think you took it the wrong way. I listen to rap myself...

I just find it silly when I see a kid who lives in a gated community wearing a tilted hat, a solid pink shirt, shorts that hang to his ankles, adidas, and chains around his neck like he's some thug, when in reality most people would beat the piss out of him. I'm sure black people get the same thing. I've seen black kids get made fun of cause they weren't "hip" I guess? Know what I mean?

Not to mention I was just at this get together the other week and there was a kid who weighed about a buck twenty and had gold teeth and the whole "gear" going. It just looks ridiculous to me. I just think black people can pull off a lot more stuff then us whities :D . Like..pink. I actually don't mind seeing a black guy wear pink because with the skin tone it actually looks right, but when I was at the bar the other night and saw some 5'6 white kid wearing a pink shirt with the collar popped up (don't understand how I hate that) I just wanted to throw him off the balcony.

Nappy Roots
08-23-2005, 01:50 PM
I think you took it the wrong way. I listen to rap myself...

I just find it silly when I see a kid who lives in a gated community wearing a tilted hat, a solid pink shirt, shorts that hang to his ankles, adidas, and chains around his neck like he's some thug, when in reality most people would beat the piss out of him. I'm sure black people get the same thing. I've seen black kids get made fun of cause they weren't "hip" I guess? Know what I mean?

ok, now thats truth. really though, if they like the style then there really aint that much wrong with it. although i hate when those type of kids run their mouth cause they think just cause they listen to rap they hard, i dont know if its like that else where, but this town is full of gangsta *** rich kids with HUGE mouths.

Phin-o-rama
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
this thread is so hott

FinsNYanksFan13
08-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Hip Hop is a culture from dressing to talking. I don't think there's anything wrong with kids dressing and talking hip hop whether there from Beverly Hills or Compton. It's a culture, end of story and to be honest, I've heard many kids from the Burbs who are nice on the mic. It ain't where you from, it's where you at!

FIN-IN-RI
08-23-2005, 04:47 PM
why did Pac have to go so soon

Prime Time
08-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I agree dressin' is different from actin'...

FinsNCanes
08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
ok, now thats truth. really though, if they like the style then there really aint that much wrong with it. although i hate when those type of kids run their mouth cause they think just cause they listen to rap they hard, i dont know if its like that else where, but this town is full of gangsta *** rich kids with HUGE mouths.

I live in Ft Myers man..I'm not to far from you.

Naples is right down the street. Although I'm not to sure if kids are like that down there (loud mouth, yes) but they're mostly preppies. I don't venture down there much cause most of the people out there have sticks up their ***.

FinsNYanksFan13
08-24-2005, 05:21 AM
Anyone got the track listing on the new Kanye West. Just got the new Jim Jones tonight and now I'm fittin to download me the new Kurrupt!

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Anyone got the track listing on the new Kanye West. Just got the new Jim Jones tonight and now I'm fittin to download me the new Kurrupt!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/B0009WPKY001_SCLZZZZZZZ_-1.jpg
1. Wake Up Mr. West (:41)
2. Heard 'Em Say (feat Adam Levine of Maroon 5) (3:24)
3. Touch The Sky (feat Lupe Fiasco) (3:56)
4. Gold Digger (feat Jamie Foxx) (3:27)
5. Skit #1 (:33)
6. Drive Slow (feat Paul Wall & GLC) (4:32)
7. My Way Home (feat Common) (1:43)
8. Crack Music (feat Game) (4:31)
9. Roses (4:05)
10. Bring Me Down (feat Brandy) (3:19)
11. Addiction (4:27)
12. Skit #2 (:31)
13. Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix) (feat Jay-Z) (3:53)
14. We Major (feat Nas & Really Doe) (7:28)
15. Skit #3 (:24)
16. Hey Mama (5:05)
17. Celebration (3:18)
18. Skit #4 (1:19)
19. Gone feat (Consequence & Cam'ron) (5:33)
20. Diamonds From Sierra Leone (3:58)
21. **HIDDEN TRACK** Late (3:50)

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 01:23 PM
hrmmm....im not sure about this album yet....some of the production is very very boring. Like the song with Nas, they killed it, but the beat is booty as hell. just very boring.

so far i like

Heard Em Say
Gold Digger
Drive Slow
Diamonds Remix with Jay
Addiction

i got about 5 songs left

FinsNYanksFan13
08-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Your the man Nappy Roots!

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 02:30 PM
after listening to the album im a lil disappointed. he tried to be alot different on different. although i like when rappers try to do different stuff, he did it over the whole album. Kanye is a great producer, but he tried to hard to be different in this album imo.....not a fan of this one..

FinsNYanksFan13
08-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I like what I've heard so far. I'll let everyone know when I listen to it front to back in order as opposed to just listening to different songs!

Fresh
08-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Some songs are still growing onto me, but there are a few tracks on there that I really like:

Gold Digger (feat. Jamie Foxx)
Drive Slow (feat. Paul Wall & GLC)
Crack Music
Diamonds (remix - feat. Jay-Z)
Hey Mama

But the best song on there, which is now one of my favorites....

Gone (feat. Cam'Ron & Consequence) - that sh-t is fire.

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Some songs are still growing onto me, but there are a few tracks on there that I really like:

Crack Music
Hey Mama

yea i like Gone to. i think that and Diamonds with Jay is the only 2 songs i like on the 2nd half of the CD.

t2thejz
08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Can any of you guys send me Kanyes cd somehow

Crisis
08-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Well I'm listening to the CD now and started with Gone since you gave it so much praise and that song is DOPE.

Jimi
08-24-2005, 08:22 PM

Crack Music
Hey Mama

Theres are all deff the best. Hey Mama and Gone are my favs.

Crisis
08-24-2005, 08:25 PM
My friend (who writes album reviews for fun) just told me he thought Gone was by far the worst song on the CD...But he's a big Cam'Ron hater. I'm not the biggest camron fan but that song is HOTTTTT.

EDIT: I just heard Roses, and this song is great. Definately a classic. I love Kanye and his soulful choruses, they're pretty moving at times. Great analogies in the song.

Another EDIT: Man, the guest appearances on this track is unmatched. Nas' flow saved that one track, I heard that track before the CD dropped, didn't realise it was on the album. Nas saves that song because it's pretty whack without him. Weak beat. Definately a let-down considering its Nas-Kanye.

Prime Time
08-24-2005, 09:04 PM
RUMOR...G UNIT is signin' some underground guy named D-Rich...a latin rapper who can rap well in both English and Spanish. Heard he wrote some platinum songs for some commercial gangster rapper artists.

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 09:13 PM
My friend (who writes album reviews for fun) just told me he thought Gone was by far the worst song on the CD...But he's a big Cam'Ron hater. I'm not the biggest camron fan but that song is HOTTTTT.

EDIT: I just heard Roses, and this song is great. Definately a classic. I love Kanye and his soulful choruses, they're pretty moving at times. Great analogies in the song.

Another EDIT: Man, the guest appearances on this track is unmatched. Nas' flow saved that one track, I heard that track before the CD dropped, didn't realise it was on the album. Nas saves that song because it's pretty whack without him. Weak beat. Definately a let-down considering its Nas-Kanye.

yea, he has quite i few weak beats IMO, which is very disappointing considering how good he beats usually are others songs.

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 10:18 PM
after 2nd go around

Heard Em Say - 4.5/5 - Hot beat, hook goes well with beat.

Touch the Sky - 5/5 - everything bout this song is hot. hook, beat, flow, lyrics.

Gold Digger - 4.5/5 - funny as hell, nice hook, really different beat, like it, his flow ion this one is perfect.

Drive Slow - 4.5/5 - when i first heard it i thought it was gonna be garbage right away cause the beat is really laid back and just average. but kanye comes real nice on it. paul wall was pretty nice on this track to, i was surprised. although his flow sounds the same, on alot of his songs. and GLC i thought did a really good job to rap it up, switched up his flow a lil bit, was hot.

My Way home - 4/5 - Common is Common. is it me or is this ONLY common?

Crack Music - 2/5 - crack music is garbage, horrible beat, hate the the la, la, la, la **** in the background every 10 seconds, and hook is only average.

Roses - 4.5/5 - Really simple beat, mostly none when hes rappin, which is good cause it doesnt take away from what hes saying. good hook. good song.

Bring Me Down - 2/5 - Dont like the hook, beat, flow on it at all.....dont like it period.

Addiction - 5/5 - Damn! this song is fire. love the drums, beat overall, flow. really good song.

Diamonds (Remix) - 4.5/5 - good track. Jay ripped this track. everything is good on it.

We Major - 3.5/5 - really bad production. i dont care how good your lyrics are if i cant stand to listen to the song for very long. Kanye and Nas come correct on it though. so....

Hey Mama - 3.5/5 - once again i HATE the la la lal la **** in the back ground the whole song! he does flow nice with the beat, like the hook to though.

Celebration - 2.5/5 - "you put a nigga to sleep, im tired of yall..." funny he should mention that, cause im about to fall asleep listen to this track. very boring.

Gone - 4.5/5 - Good beat, and flow with the beat. really like the hook. Cam flows pretty good with the beat. Consequence....who? he comes up real nice. i thought this song was to long. shoulda finished it up with consequences verse. cut it back to 4 minutes. 5/5 for me....

Late - Can anybody find this? i cant. if someone gots it, could you hook me up with it. thanks.

CD - i give it a 4/5 i though the songs were either good or bad. a lil disappointed cause of some of the production, but its a good cd. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Crisis
08-24-2005, 11:13 PM
We Major would be a 1/5 if Nas didn't save it with some sick flow and lines.

As for the Common song...yeah, I was wondering why it's on Kanye's CD, track would've been nice on BE.

I thought Hey Mama was really good...4.5/5

Roses was 5/5...i love the simple beat, love the chorus, love the song meaning, love the flow (hell the flow is even nice when he's repeating words...and not in a "Mike Jones" way)

Diamonds forever remix with jay is 5/5...J made it a classic. Man...I'd love to hear Bis on that beat. He'd tear it up..

I agree with you, crack music flat out sucked. I thought it'd be decent.

The only thing holding this CD back from classic status is the number of average songs in it...and then the garbage called crack music...

I give CD 4.25/5

Fresh
08-24-2005, 11:24 PM
I actually like Crack Music, but I'm kind've disappointed that we didn't get a verse from The Game in there. Damn, Kanye's throw-away tracks for this album that I heard are better than a lot of tracks on his cd.

But on the real, Gone is the best song on that album. Cam'Ron actually came hard at the start, but of course he had to say some f-ckry in there somewhere. :lol:

I like Cam, but this is funny as hell.........

GreenMonster
08-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Any of you guys heard and news on the new Outkast CD.. Ever since I grad. from college I have been a bit out of the game. You think I would have heard something living in the ATL..

Crisis
08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Listen to Drive Slow...

then listen to pac - shorty wanna be a thug.

the beats are so much alike.

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 11:32 PM
I actually like Crack Music, but I'm kind've disappointed that we didn't get a verse from The Game in there. Damn, Kanye's throw-away tracks for this album that I heard are better than a lot of tracks on his cd.

But on the real, Gone is the best song on that album. Cam'Ron actually came hard at the start, but of course he had to say some f-ckry in there somewhere. :lol:

I like Cam, but this is funny as hell.........

:rofl3: thats funny. wearing so much pink makes him stick out though. i think its tight.

Fresh
08-24-2005, 11:36 PM
:rofl3: thats funny. wearing so much pink makes him stick out though. i think its tight.

It's straight if you know how to match with it. All these kids with the tall pink/purple tee's - just doesn't look right to me. The only type I'd wear is like what T.I. had on in the "Let's Get Away" video..

Nappy Roots
08-24-2005, 11:42 PM
It's straight if you know how to match with it. All these kids with the tall pink/purple tee's - just doesn't look right to me. The only type I'd wear is like what T.I. had on in the "Let's Get Away" video..

true, i dont wear it. cause it wouldnt look right. but its straight on cam and some people...

Hey man, can you hook me up with some of the track list of the songs that werent on the album that you said were tight. thansk.

Crisis
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
I was going through some of my old tracks and remembered that Banks has some good punchlines...

What are some of your favs?

Banks - Stash more foreign shooters than the Sacramento Kings

Big L - I get more ***** on accident then most niggas get on purpose

Big L - Ask Beavis I get nothin but head (I busted out laughing the first time I heard that)

Bis - My styles like AIDS, cuz dont nobody want it

Bis - Beatin niggas to death and beatin dead niggas to life

Bis - Cuz like women who get abortions, I aint havin it

Chino XL - My defeat you better have more blindfolded 'faith' than the kidnapped version of Biggie's widow

Big L - nd I never walk the streets without the vest and the chrome
cuz all my jewels be 'rocky' like Sylvester Stallone

Prime Time
08-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Any of you guys heard and news on the new Outkast CD.. Ever since I grad. from college I have been a bit out of the game. You think I would have heard something living in the ATL..

Pastor Troy. He is from the ATL, he has some good stuff.

BTW, I like the purple and pink tall tees as long as you don't wear black shoes or sometin that totally doesn't go with it. I wear more pink and lavendar then purple. I just saw a lavender fitted the other.

GreenMonster
08-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Pastor Troy. He is from the ATL, he has some good stuff.

BTW, I like the purple and pink tall tees as long as you don't wear black shoes or sometin that totally doesn't go with it. I wear more pink and lavendar then purple. I just saw a lavender fitted the other.

Pastor Troy - No Mo Play in Ga

I haven't heard much from this guy since. I parked his car in college when I worked downtown.. Decent tipper if I remember unlike some other wannabe's..

Prime Time
08-25-2005, 01:50 AM

FinsNYanksFan13
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Mase claims he wrote Big L's rhymes and now that he's with G-Unit he's going back to Murder Mase. I'm sorry but if you want to talk about a guy with no credibility, it's this fool. You cannot go from a hard rapper to pop rapper to a preacher to a pop rapper again and now back to "Murder Mase." I don't care if he's G-Unit or not, anyone who buys this fools crap is dumb!

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7444

Nappy Roots
08-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Mase claims he wrote Big L's rhymes and now that he's with G-Unit he's going back to Murder Mase. I'm sorry but if you want to talk about a guy with no credibility, it's this fool. You cannot go from a hard rapper to pop rapper to a preacher to a pop rapper again and now back to "Murder Mase." I don't care if he's G-Unit or not, anyone who buys this fools crap is dumb!

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/7444

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif Big L sh*ts on Murda Ma$e all day long....so why didnt he keep his good rhymes for himself..

also, Ma$e should keep to his soft self, cause theres no way hes going to make it as murda ma$e again. Ma$e needs to be in a buch of love songs and hed be straight.....no murda ma$e

Prime Time
08-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Murda Ma$e is gonna sell If he can make his music like he once did before.

Fresh
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Murda Ma$e is gonna sell If he can make his music like he once did before.

He's gonna sell regardless JUST BECAUSE he's on G-Unit and he has a "name" already.

Btw- yeah, Big L sh-ts on Mase.......

Fresh
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Nappy Roots, I know you've been waiting for this cuz I know you told me you were really feelin' Currency after I gave you all those tracks. This is the promo mixtape I told you I had since like Spring but didn't have permission from Young Money to give it out. Here's his official first Young Money Records mixtape(and no FH can't get in trouble mods, this is a mixtape, not a retail):

Currency - Welcome Back Mixtape - Cash Money/Young Money Records

01-currency-welcome_back_(intro)
02-currency-like_you_freestyle
03-currency-mic_check_freestyle
04-currency-serious_freestyle
05-currency-more_or_less_freestyle
06-currency-hotspitta
07-currency-take_money_freestyle-sut
08-currency-ambitions_of_a_rider_freestyle
09-currency-dont_give_a_****_freestyle
10-currency-change_clothes_freestyle
11-currency-shoutouts

Download:
http://rapidshare.de/files/4361064/-Currency-Welcome_Back_2005_Mixtape.rar.html

Nappy Roots
08-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Nappy Roots, I know you've been waiting for this cuz I know you told me you were really feelin' Currency after I gave you all those tracks. This is the promo mixtape I told you I had since like Spring but didn't have permission from Young Money to give it out. Here's his official first Young Money Records mixtape(and no FH can't get in trouble mods, this is a mixtape, not a retail):

Currency - Welcome Back Mixtape - Cash Money/Young Money Records

01-currency-welcome_back_(intro)
02-currency-like_you_freestyle
03-currency-mic_check_freestyle
04-currency-serious_freestyle
05-currency-more_or_less_freestyle
06-currency-hotspitta
07-currency-take_money_freestyle-sut
08-currency-ambitions_of_a_rider_freestyle
09-currency-dont_give_a_****_freestyle
10-currency-change_clothes_freestyle
11-currency-shoutouts

Download:
http://rapidshare.de/files/4361064/-Currency-Welcome_Back_2005_Mixtape.rar.html

yeeeeeeeeaaaaa, thats my boy right there. MAJOR props for this.

Crisis
08-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Easy to talk about dead rappers almost a decade later.

I find it funny that he can write Big L's rhymes, when his most famous stuff are his freestyles.

tucker
08-25-2005, 09:19 PM
hrmmm....im not sure about this album yet....some of the production is very very boring. Like the song with Nas, they killed it, but the beat is booty as hell. just very boring.

so far i like

Heard Em Say
Gold Digger
Drive Slow
Diamonds Remix with Jay
Addiction

i got about 5 songs leftWHAT!?!?!?!??! BORING!?!? this is one of the best all around albums to come out this yr...the production on here is nothing like what is out right now...and WE MAJOR is sick..i love live instruments and 20 piece orchestras in music..you can really tell that Jon Brion had alot to do with this album...i'm starting to like that jim jones more too tho..thats summer in miami song is the piff...

and heres a link if you are wondering why they new kanye album sounds so different than his last effort:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1507538/20050812/west_kanye.jhtml?headlines=true

FinsNYanksFan13
08-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree. The new Kanye is fire!

Nappy Roots
08-26-2005, 05:30 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!??! BORING!?!? this is one of the best all around albums to come out this yr...the production on here is nothing like what is out right now...and WE MAJOR is sick..i love live instruments and 20 piece orchestras in music..you can really tell that Jon Brion had alot to do with this album...i'm starting to like that jim jones more too tho..thats summer in miami song is the piff...

and heres a link if you are wondering why they new kanye album sounds so different than his last effort:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1507538/20050812/west_kanye.jhtml?headlines=true (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1507538/20050812/west_kanye.jhtml?headlines=true)

i think orchestra music is boring......thats why i listen to hiphop and not orchestra

tucker
08-26-2005, 05:46 PM
i think orchestra music is boring......thats why i listen to hiphop and not orchestrasmh..so you must not like to see your favorite artists live then b/c most of the time they play with a live band..boring huh? wow...you do listen to other music besides rap right?

Nappy Roots
08-26-2005, 05:53 PM
smh..so you must not like to see your favorite artists live then b/c most of the time they play with a live band..boring huh? wow...you do listen to other music besides rap right?

i listen to rap, they dont have bands man. the **** you talkin about...

Prime Time
08-26-2005, 11:16 PM
"G UNIT's crip, Spider-Loc Speaks Out"

Check this out...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/08/harshwordsforgame1om-1.gif

Prime Time
08-26-2005, 11:19 PM
In other news, Jim Jones was talkin' **** about Jay Z and Mase Tuesday on Rap City.

tucker
08-26-2005, 11:22 PM
i listen to rap, they dont have bands man. the **** you talkin about...when you go to concerts, alot of the time the group or rapper will have a band with him..plus if you only listen to rap, then you need to expand your horizons..anyways i'm out, i'm going to club mansion to get drunk and bring some girls back to the hotel, we got vip in puff's room, so we doing big things tonite!

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 12:28 AM
VMA's in two days. A lot of rappers will be there like Game and 50. Should be interestin'.

byroan
08-27-2005, 12:29 AM
smh..so you must not like to see your favorite artists live then b/c most of the time they play with a live band..boring huh? wow...you do listen to other music besides rap right?

What does smh mean?

backpacker
08-27-2005, 12:30 AM
What does smh mean?

I'm guessing it's a noise like "meh".

Fresh
08-27-2005, 01:21 AM
In other news, Jim Jones was talkin' **** about Jay Z and Mase Tuesday on Rap City.

It's a publicity stunt to sell records, trust me......I'm exposed around the Dipset camp. Personally, I don't really like Jimmy because he talks too much sh-t, but honestly......he doesn't get much love outside of the studio from Cam & Juelz anymore. He used to be close as hell to Cam, and the three were always together. However, there's tension between Jim Jones & Cam'Ron now because Jimmy is going around telling people that HE is the REAL CEO of Diplomatic Records, and Cam ain't too feelin' that. The only thing that's really keeping them together is the fact that Juelz isn't taking sides, although Cam'Ron has been like his big brother his entire life. There's tension between Lil Wayne & Jim Jones too, and Cam doesn't like that because Weezy is one of his best friends, I mean...they share a condo together on Miami Beach(no h0mo - they split it, but obviously don't stay there TOGETHER).

But in reality, most people know that Jim f-cked with Beyonce last summer. Truth of it all, "Summer Wit Mami" was actually a song ABOUT Bee. Read his interview in the new XXL(September '05), he said it himself that he banged that out last summer when she got into an argument with Jay. He said, "Jay's mad because somebody's cheating on him, and I know who that b-tch is and I know it's a fact because she was with me" :lol:

It's all love though, to me Jigga is the best rapper of all-time and Jim Jones is average at best. I'd never listen to a SOLO Jim Jones track. Never.

I won't even sit here and make up ducktales about the Mase issue, because Cam doesn't really speak on it personally(outside of one radio interview), so I wouldn't know.

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 01:29 AM
when you go to concerts, alot of the time the group or rapper will have a band with him..plus if you only listen to rap, then you need to expand your horizons..anyways i'm out, i'm going to club mansion to get drunk and bring some girls back to the hotel, we got vip in puff's room, so we doing big things tonite!

obviously you have no clue what so ever the hell your talkin bout. cause ive seen plenty of people in concert, and no one has every had a band.

byroan
08-27-2005, 01:30 AM
In other news..I was flipping through the channels and saw Jay-Z on PBS. I don't have a clue as to why he was on there.

Fresh
08-27-2005, 01:30 AM
when you go to concerts, alot of the time the group or rapper will have a band with him..plus if you only listen to rap, then you need to expand your horizons..anyways i'm out, i'm going to club mansion to get drunk and bring some girls back to the hotel, we got vip in puff's room, so we doing big things tonite!

Rappers don't have bands, also Diddy sleeps with his artists - even males. :lol:

I don't know about Nap, but I only listen to Rap, Reggae, & R&B if I'm in a calm enough mood or with wifey, that's it!

No rock, reggaeton, pop, country, techno, etc. for 2P... :refuse:

backpacker
08-27-2005, 01:32 AM
In other news..I was flipping through the channels and saw Jay-Z on PBS. I don't have a clue as to why he was on there.

:lol: :lol: PBS? What the hell? Next he's gonna be on Lifetime.

Fresh
08-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh yeah, and for everybody who liked the collabo of Bobby Valentino and Lil Wayne in the "Tell Me" track, news for yall on the two.....Disturbing the Peace and Cash Money/Young Money are signing off the official papers to allow the two to make a "Best Of Both Worlds" type of album. They said something about it on 106 & Park today, but I was told that it's actually gonna come out sometime next year, followed by a huge Summer 2006 tour, which will also probably promote The Carter III(he plans on doing it as volumes 1-3, and 2 drops in October) & Bobby Valentino's next album. I'm sure they're gonna put "Tell Me" on there, because the version with Lil Wayne is actually a remix which was done after the album was put out, and of course the album version is just Bobby Valentino. It won't be the single though, because the album doesn't come out until next year. From everything I've been told, right now they're not even planning on having many features on the album at all from their own labels. I know Valentino said he wants to work with that new dude, Chris Brown on the album, and Weezy wants to work with Fabolous again and Young Jeezy(neither of the two are on his upcoming album, The Carter 2 - so maybe this is where he'll work with them?)...so we'll see.

byroan
08-27-2005, 01:37 AM
:lol: :lol: PBS? What the hell? Next he's gonna be on Lifetime.

He was sitting in a chair at a table with a reporter. The interview was done sometime last year. But after that it went off so I missed what it was about.

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 01:53 AM

:roflmao: That smiley is hilarious. Reggaeton is the ish man. Gotta hear that.

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 01:54 AM
Beyonce cheated on Jay Z with Jim Jones? I am sorry but WTF does she see in Jim Jones?

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Rappers don't have bands, also Diddy sleeps with his artists - even males. :lol:

I don't know about Nap, but I only listen to Rap, Reggae, & R&B if I'm in a calm enough mood or with wifey, that's it!

yea im with you. they play reggaeton in the club all the time. but personally i dont like anything i cant understand so....

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 02:06 AM
The girls go crazy to Reggeaton. Daddy Yankee, Don Omar are probably two of the biggest names. Yeah it sucks that you can't understand it because I am sure you would like it. Almost every hispanic does. :)

Fresh
08-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Beyonce cheated on Jay Z with Jim Jones? I am sorry but WTF does she see in Jim Jones?

I can tell you a lot of facts that happen inside the scenes with Dipset & Young Money(probably a few other camps too), but really......that issue I can only tell you what I've been told - not something I saw in person(thank god, cuz the last thing I'd wonna see is tha "Kufi Smacka" smashin' any chick).

Pick or up go to Barnes & Noble and peep the Sept. 2005 issue of XXL. Go to the Jim Jones interview, he talks about him f-ckin' Beyonce.

As for reggaeton, yeah a lot of hispanic chicks are into that, but no offense...I stick to my black and/or black/Jamaican chicks for the most part, and around here they aren't too feelin' it. But yeah, it's nothing offensive at all because if I was Hispanic, I'm sure I'd be into it like you are. So, I see what you're saying - those are your people so it's easy for you to vibe and get it to it, feel me? I just stick to my black & Jamaican roots for almost everything(I've been with hispanic chicks before when f-ckin' around, and of course being cool with Juelz & JR I have Latino friends as they're of Dominican descent, but you know what I mean). :)

FinsNYanksFan13
08-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Beyone f*cked Jim Jones LMAO, what a trick. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse, hope she's happy with herself. She dropped the President of Def Jam for a Koch records artist LMAO. Shorty done lost her mind!

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 12:09 PM
yo props to Jim though. thats impressive.

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Damn I dunno man I think I'd watch that just to see Beyonce :)

You need to get some inside news on G UNIT :D

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 01:47 PM
G UNIT BREAKIN NEWS!!!

Seems like G UNIT is makin' a diss back at Game..it is called 300 Shots, and has the WHOLE (thats right, I said WHOLE) G UNIT crew in it. INCLUDING...Mase. This will probably be a long diss just like Game's 300 Bars and Runninin. No downloadable version out yet but one should be out soon. Should be hott.

Game Over.

Just Win Baby
08-27-2005, 01:50 PM
G UNIT BREAKIN NEWS!!!

Seems like G UNIT is makin' a diss back at Game..it is called 300 Shots, and has the WHOLE (thats right, I said WHOLE) G UNIT crew in it. INCLUDING...Mase. This will probably be a long diss just like Game's 300 Bars and Runninin. No downloadable version out yet but one should be out soon. Should be hott.

Game Over. I just heard it on shade 45... its kinda wack man.

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 02:04 PM
G UNIT BREAKIN NEWS!!!

Game Over.

im gonna laugh through the entire mase verse.

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 02:20 PM
I just got it...its hott shyt.

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I just got it...its hott shyt.

hook it up

Fresh
08-27-2005, 03:04 PM
im gonna laugh through the entire mase verse.

:lol: same here. Lloyd Banks should drop a hot *** verse as usual, but that's about it....

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Wish I could, I just got it from an upload site type crap.

Fresh
08-27-2005, 03:06 PM
G-Unit - 300 Shots (Game Diss)

http://www.sendmefile.com/00065095

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 03:09 PM
that was a game diss? coulda fooled me...if this version i just listened to was the whole thing.....:shakeno: wtf happend to 50? his **** was horrible. i dont get it....ma$e wasnt that bad...but i still dont see where their diss towards game is...

if this is it....they lost bad...

Fresh
08-27-2005, 03:12 PM
I didn't listen to it - I was on Boxden's forums where I get all my sh-t from when you said you wanted it, and somebody posted it...so I posted the link.

Is Banks in it? He's the only G-Unit rapper I give two f-cks about, although Buck & Mobb Deep are straight.

byroan
08-27-2005, 03:16 PM
G-Unit - 300 Shots (Game Diss)

http://www.sendmefile.com/00065095

I'm not feeling that at all. I cut it off before the 2 minute mark.

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 03:18 PM
I didn't listen to it - I was on Boxden's forums where I get all my sh-t from when you said you wanted it, and somebody posted it...so I posted the link.

Is Banks in it? He's the only G-Unit rapper I give two f-cks about, although Buck & Mobb Deep are straight.

yea banks is in it. the only time i heard anyone say anything about game is progidy say "g-unit, game over"

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 03:31 PM
ma$e.....im impressed. its pretty bad considering the other rappers on here, but he was the best on this song.

again this isnt a diss track.

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Thats right...Mase is back :D

Just Win Baby
08-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Banks had the hottest verse on here, and that's not saying much. What the hell happened to 5-0?

Nappy Roots
08-27-2005, 04:03 PM
What the hell happened to 5-0?

thats what i was saying, did he have a ghost writer for get rich or die trying or something? damn he fell off hard.

Fresh
08-27-2005, 04:38 PM
thats what i was saying, did he have a ghost writer for get rich or die trying or something? damn he fell off hard.

Yeah, he had a ghost writer for most of that album. As you can see, he wrote most of The Massacre by himself, hence the reason it has absolutely nothin' on GRODT.

Prime Time
08-27-2005, 05:06 PM
He never had a ghost writer. He just has changed as an artist. Download some of his stuff before GRODT, and it sounds just like GRODT. He didn't have a ghost writer.

tucker
08-27-2005, 11:32 PM
16 minute diss...
http://s118615583.onlinehome.us/300Shots.mp3

edit: oops didnt see this posted...MASE is going to hell

tucker
08-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, and for everybody who liked the collabo of Bobby Valentino and Lil Wayne in the "Tell Me" track, news for yall on the two.....Disturbing the Peace and Cash Money/Young Money are signing off the official papers to allow the two to make a "Best Of Both Worlds" type of album. They said something about it on 106 & Park today, but I was told that it's actually gonna come out sometime next year, followed by a huge Summer 2006 tour, which will also probably promote The Carter III(he plans on doing it as volumes 1-3, and 2 drops in October) & Bobby Valentino's next album. I'm sure they're gonna put "Tell Me" on there, because the version with Lil Wayne is actually a remix which was done after the album was put out, and of course the album version is just Bobby Valentino. It won't be the single though, because the album doesn't come out until next year. From everything I've been told, right now they're not even planning on having many features on the album at all from their own labels. I know Valentino said he wants to work with that new dude, Chris Brown on the album, and Weezy wants to work with Fabolous again and Young Jeezy(neither of the two are on his upcoming album, The Carter 2 - so maybe this is where he'll work with them?)...so we'll see.whats the deal with mannie fresh leaving cash money? thats a HUGE blow to them...mannie saves most cash money albums...and Puff knows how to throw a party...Mansion was WILD last nite!!!

Crisis
08-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Jesus Christ Prime Time, is there any G-Unit song you don't like? What are you, their official pimp off G-Unit online to football fans endorser?

BTW- Jay-Z ain't the best of all time...sorry. Top 3-5, yes. And before I get bashed for all the mainstream J does that I bash 50 for...this Jay verse says it all.

"Music business hate me cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be makin
I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
lyrically, Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did five mill' - I ain't been rhymin like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustlin since, your inception
**** perception go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant
And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/win
So next time you see the homey and his rims spin
Just know my mind is workin just like them...
... rims, that is"

Prime Time
08-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Crisis, just because you don't like it doesn't mean I have to dislike it. Jay Z = best ever. Period.

Fresh
08-28-2005, 12:14 AM
LOL, Dipset...click play

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/5614/dips.swf

Fresh
08-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Jay Z = best ever. Period.

[Young Jeezy voice] thas riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight [/Young Jeezy Voice]

I highly doubt the chances of there ever being a better rapper.

whats the deal with mannie fresh leaving cash money? thats a HUGE blow to them...mannie saves most cash money albums...and Puff knows how to throw a party...Mansion was WILD last nite!!!
Mannie Fresh has left Cash Money, but there's no bad blood at all. He left so he can produce for any artist he wants at his free will without the contract troubles, so there's no bad blood. Believe me, Fresh will produce tracks for Lil Wayne's upcoming album, The Carter II. He will produce for Young Money albums, Curren$y, Block Burnaz, 6 Shot, Lil Mo, All-Star, and other Cash Money/Young Money albums. He started his own label, Chubby Boy Records now, and he's on like every recent and upcoming Southern album: Webbie, Young City(Chooper), Juvenile, Lil Wayne, Trina, etc. Believe it or not, he took a few people aside(new CMR producers) and showed them the ropes before he left. This is the same group who produced Birdman's hit single off Fast Money, "Neck Of The Woods"

Mannie will always be apart of the Cash Money family, whether he's under contract or not. He'll be kickin' it with Wayne at the VMA's tomorrow night I believe, but I know Weezy's gonna be with Dipset as usual.

tucker
08-28-2005, 12:22 AM
i hear ya but it seemed like baby's album was missing that mannie fresh sound, most of those beats were kinda wack..whos the main producer for cash money now since mannie is doing his thing and jazzy pha is done with his 80 beats contract

Fresh
08-28-2005, 12:31 AM
i hear ya but it seemed like baby's album was missing that mannie fresh sound, most of those beats were kinda wack..whos the main producer for cash money now since jazzy pha is done with his 80 beats contract

Pha is still producing for CMR, and he's on The Carter II. He's always been more of a producer for Lil Wayne than Cash Money in general.

The main producers for Cash Money are Deezle, Batman, & O.G. - however, Wayne really doesn't work with these cats. For his new album, most of the production comes from Mannie Fresh & Jazze Pha. Also, he recorded tracks with Swizz Beatz & Heatmakerz(they produce for Dipset mostly), and he was trying to work with Kanye West but I don't know if that fell through. Surprisingly, he tried ot work with Eminem too, and actually told XXL that he wants him on the album......that, I also don't know how it turned out. I'll find out for you, though. There are some surprise guest appearances & producers on the album too, but I think Swizz Beatz was supposed to be one but I just leaked it :D

tucker
08-28-2005, 12:33 AM
as long as it isnt an eminem beat..he beats all sound the same and pretty much suck...

Fresh
08-28-2005, 12:36 AM
He never had a ghost writer. He just has changed as an artist. Download some of his stuff before GRODT, and it sounds just like GRODT. He didn't have a ghost writer.

Trust me, I know.....50 had a ghost writer. If you pay the right price and you take care of your peoples, some of them don't care to be credited. Chillin' with these cats who are into the business, I hear a lot from legit people, and that's one thing I've heard. That's why Jay-Z is my all-time favorite and Weezy is my current favorite - they don't write period, except for occasional sh-t like slower music where they're not asked to spit fire(Tell Me Remix for example).

Most people don't know that Gillie Tha Kidd used to ghost write for Juvenile when he was with Cash Money, but that's because Juve paid him right. Imagine how well 50 paid whoever helped him write. Remember that No Limit dude Choppa who threatened to sue Chopper from Da Band if he didn't change his name(which he did to Young City)? Curren$y wrote his hit, "Choppa Style" and didn't get credited - again, because financially he was well taken care of.

You'd be surprise how much ghost writing goes on in this industry, especially from your favorite rapper(s).......

Fresh
08-28-2005, 12:39 AM
as long as it isnt an eminem beat..he beats all sound the same and pretty much suck...

Yeah, but I don't think he got him for the album. I know he tried, but I doubt it because Wayne likes to have a lot of solo songs on his albums(excluding choruses by Fresh, Pha, or Real), and he has recorded unreleased tracks with J.R. Writer, Cam, Juelz, T.I., Young City, Trina, Jeezy, Fab, and more artists - but of course all won't be on the C2. Wayne has like 10 tracks recorded with Dipset that has never even been released on a mixtape, but they're unheard of outside of the studio. :confused:

tucker
08-28-2005, 12:56 AM
You'd be surprise how much ghost writing goes on in this industry, especially from your favorite rapper(s).......ya ghost writing happens ALOT...people you would never expect have used ghost writers

Nappy Roots
08-28-2005, 01:16 AM
Pha is still producing for CMR, and he's on The Carter II. He's always been more of a producer for Lil Wayne than Cash Money in general.

The main producers for Cash Money are Deezle, Batman, & O.G. - however, Wayne really doesn't work with these cats. For his new album, most of the production comes from Mannie Fresh & Jazze Pha. Also, he recorded tracks with Swizz Beatz & Heatmakerz(they produce for Dipset mostly), and he was trying to work with Kanye West but I don't know if that fell through. Surprisingly, he tried ot work with Eminem too, and actually told XXL that he wants him on the album......that, I also don't know how it turned out. I'll find out for you, though. There are some surprise guest appearances & producers on the album too, but I think Swizz Beatz was supposed to be one but I just leaked it :D

yo, ive heard rumors that Fresh was doing a bunch of songs on Young Bucks new record....whats the word on this?

Fresh
08-28-2005, 01:22 AM
yo, ive heard rumors that Fresh was doing a bunch of songs on Young Bucks new record....whats the word on this?

I didn't hear anything about a Mannie Fresh/Young Buck connection, but it sounds interesting so I'll try and see what's up. He's supposed to be producing a track on the new Juelz Santana/Young Jeezy mixtape(yeah, it's a duo) which is gonna be absolutely sick, I think it's the song with Wayne on it that he's producing - I'm not sure.

Side note: All-Star is the real Cashville King. :yes:

Just Win Baby
08-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Hova is #2 all time fellas, sorry. #1 has to be NAS. His catalogue is amazing with great songs and guest appearances and he has 3 classic albums under his belt ( Illmatic, it was written, stillmatic). Alot of people hate on streets disciple, but if you listen to the lyrics in illmatic and street's disciple, you'd see that he hasn't really fallen off at all. His only downfall is his beats.

Nappy Roots
08-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Jigga and Nas? how bout the dude that they bit style from, the dude that they wanted to be....

look at this eyes, hes sayin, come on, you tryin to say i aint the greatest?

Just Win Baby
08-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Jigga and Nas? how bout the dude that they bit style from, the dude that they wanted to be....

look at this eyes, hes sayin, come on, you tryin to say i aint the greatest? That's pretty funny, because in an interview the outlawz said pac was influenced by Nas.

Nappy Roots
08-28-2005, 02:09 PM
That's pretty funny, because in an interview the outlawz said pac was influenced by Nas.

:sidelol: yea....look at back then, Nas did the same thing Ja Rule did, he bit every ounce of his style from pac, Nas changed, but his pretty boy image was more of a gangsta image, with bandanas(just like pac).

im sure he liked nas, when Nas dropped Illmatic, im sure every rapper out there had love for him. but pac was his own dude, no one can agrue agaisnt that.

Just Win Baby
08-28-2005, 02:42 PM
:sidelol: yea....look at back then, Nas did the same thing Ja Rule did, he bit every ounce of his style from pac, Nas changed, but his pretty boy image was more of a gangsta image, with bandanas(just like pac).

im sure he liked nas, when Nas dropped Illmatic, im sure every rapper out there had love for him. but pac was his own dude, no one can agrue agaisnt that. So the outlawz lied huh?

Fresh
08-28-2005, 03:53 PM

look at this eyes, hes sayin, come on, you tryin to say i aint the greatest?

Well, actually..I've always had Jay-Z and Pac as #1, but they're two complete different styles, so how could Jigga bite off Pac? Pac set the standards for intellectual hip hop that goes all into politics and sh-t, but that was never Jay-Z. That's Nas.

And Nas has too many AVERAGE albums to be put ahead of Jay-Z or Pac, who dropped classic after classic. His first few albums were without question classics, but his most reason sh-t are just that....sh-t. AZ raps with a similar style to Nas, and to me he's moving ahead of him. If Jay-Z didn't retire, he'd still be at the top of the game. Right now on the CURRENT list, Nas isn't even top 20.

tucker
08-28-2005, 03:56 PM
i never saw the big deal with pac..he was good but never great to me

Fresh
08-28-2005, 03:57 PM
So the outlawz lied huh?

Pac influenced by Nas is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life. It's the other way around, bruh. It's a well-known fact that Nas fans are against both Jay-Z and Pac because their STANS(check Eminem if you don't know what a "stan" is) who go against everybody who competes with their lover. They probably made that statement as publicity to get record sales from Nas fans.....

Yall need to understand, 75% or more of what goes on in Hip Hop beef, interviews, and music is PUBLICITY for album sales. Hip Hop is a sales pitch. I'll tell you straight up, very few rap "beefs" are actually real. Example being, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall are like best of friends, but now they're going at each other because both have albums coming out. I heard that the Jeezy/Gucci Mane sh-t was fake too. Most of it is.

Fresh
08-28-2005, 04:00 PM
i never saw the big deal with pac..he was good but never great to me

Nobody in Hip Hop will ever have a greater influence on fans/people like Tupac did. He was poetic, intellectual, and all of that other sh-t that's rare to find in a rap artist. If you don't personally think he was great, you atleast have to appreciate him as a great.

Still, that doesn't make him better than Jay-Z to me. They're even, but if I had to pic one it'd be Jay, but Pac was probably more talented and open minded. Jay-Z could just make a great song out of anything........

Prime Time
08-28-2005, 04:01 PM
So what is real? G UNIT vs Game is fake or real? I gotta say its real.

Fresh
08-28-2005, 04:06 PM
So what is real? G UNIT vs Game is fake or real? I gotta say its real.

Nah, that's real beef. Thing is, Game & 50 never got along and never wanted to work together. This was something that was forced by Dr. Dre if anything. I don't think Game got along with anybody, except Young Buck who he was pretty straight with.

What's fake for a fact: BG & Juvenile's beef with Cash Money. BG is carrying his beef with Birdman just to sell records(he and Wayne chill & talk on the phone all the time..same with he and Slim who is Birdman's brother, Cash Money Co-CEO) - and I don't blame him, because his music is top 5-10 in the South and he just hasn't been recognized since he left Cash Money. But then again, that's Koch Records for ya...you don't get any kind've promotion outside of what you do for yourself. T.I. & Flip was real, but it's squashed now...funny how it got heated right around the time when Urban Legend came out, huh?

Some of it is real, some isn't.

Prime Time
08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Honestly, I think they all got along with Game for some time until crap started to go down.

The only one person who never liked Game since the beginnin' was...Banks. Banks hates Game. He said in a recent interview about how they all felt about Game now he said "For me, it was fu** that nigga since day one".

tucker
08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Honestly, I think they all got along with Game for some time until crap started to go down.

ya something must have happened behind the scenes between 50 and game and people shouldnt really expect much promotion from an indy label like koch unless you can create a hit song and get lucky with radio spins