PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2006: how long before you

Wildbill3
08-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Create/Pump up Berlin's stats and make him a starter for your team?

:lol:

PressCoverage
08-14-2005, 07:05 AM
anyone who pumps up stats, especially when they can't beat the CPU, should just just give the game to some poor kid... or use the game disk for a coaster

what's the point?

Wildbill3
08-14-2005, 07:10 AM
anyone who pumps up stats, especially when they can't beat the CPU, should just just give the game to some poor kid... or use the game disk for a coaster

what's the point?come on, you can't tell me that you agree with every attribute that the madden team gives out?

armyfinfan
08-14-2005, 07:44 AM
come on, you can't tell me that you agree with every attribute that the madden team gives out?

Many of those rankings are B.S. How in the hell is Jamie Nails who didnt even play last year and who sucked the year before rated in the mid 80's? And how is Mark Dixon who hasnt played in like 2 years rated in the 80's. And how is Ricky's speed all the sudden in the 80's. I just dont understand how anyone in their right mind could rank guys who havent been in the league higher than guys who have been there. No way should Nails or Dixon be ranked even in the mid 70's. What are these people smoking?

Adam First
08-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Many of those rankings are B.S. How in the hell is Jamie Nails who didnt even play last year and who sucked the year before rated in the mid 80's? And how is Mark Dixon who hasnt played in like 2 years rated in the 80's. And how is Ricky's speed all the sudden in the 80's. I just dont understand how anyone in their right mind could rank guys who havent been in the league higher than guys who have been there. No way should Nails or Dixon be ranked even in the mid 70's. What are these people smoking?

EA Sports - If It's In The Game, It's Flawed.

Doktor Ivel
08-14-2005, 12:14 PM
come on, you can't tell me that you agree with every attribute that the madden team gives out?
i dont but i dont edit them. it seems like if you edit one players stats, then you have to update every players to make it fair.

AZStryker
08-14-2005, 12:23 PM

what's the point?

Finally some sanity! Thank you PressCoverage!

It's pretty sad when people have to cheat to win on a video game.

Prime Time
08-14-2005, 02:16 PM
AZStryker why do you care what people do with their video game. Remember it is THEIR video game, so they can do whatever they want. You do what you want with your game and enjoy yourself.

AZStryker
08-14-2005, 03:57 PM
AZStryker why do you care what people do with their video game. Remember it is THEIR video game, so they can do whatever they want. You do what you want with your game and enjoy yourself.

Why do you care that it bothers me? Someone posted, i disagreed. That's how forums work my friend.

Wildbill3
08-14-2005, 05:42 PM
How's it cheating if say, some guy is a third stringer and all the sudden he is playing in the super bowL? I could be talking about kurt warner, or Delhomme, but the fact is there is now way they had correct stats for the seasons they had, and if I changed thier stats, I would be justified the very next season... (kurt was high 90's the next year...)

Prime Time
08-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Why do you care that it bothers me? Someone posted, i disagreed. That's how forums work my friend.

I don't. I disagrred with what you disagreed with :D

darkmistress
08-14-2005, 11:31 PM

what's the point?

I have to say altering the stats is not a bad thing (taking a team to all OVR 99 is pretty stupid unless you're playing for kicks) The first thing my brother and I do when we get the game is fix the player stats...as a result the super bowl teams are far more accurate when simulating...I'd say we do a pretty good job...lol :D

But in answer to the thread question, I'll be putting him in straight away, but I won't up his stats I'll just build him up through progression like I used to do with feeley in my expansion team a few Maddens ago...:D

gramos0621
08-14-2005, 11:34 PM
oorrah devil dawg, tell him wzup!!!!!!! semper fi

Wildbill3
08-14-2005, 11:53 PM
I have to say altering the stats is not a bad thing (taking a team to all OVR 99 is pretty stupid unless you're playing for kicks) The first thing my brother and I do when we get the game is fix the player stats...as a result the super bowl teams are far more accurate when simulating...I'd say we do a pretty good job...lol :D

But in answer to the thread question, I'll be putting him in straight away, but I won't up his stats I'll just build him up through progression like I used to do with feeley in my expansion team a few Maddens ago...:DI got bored with the training camp drills, so I would just pump up a player that I thought was underrated to the maximum levels you could obtain through on training camp. That way I didn't feel I was cheating game wise, I was just taking a shortcut to play the real games.;)

Wildbill3
08-14-2005, 11:54 PM
oorrah devil dawg, tell him wzup!!!!!!! semper fiKill KILL!

darkmistress
08-15-2005, 12:01 AM
I got bored with the training camp drills, so I would just pump up a player that I thought was underrated to the maximum levels you could obtain through on training camp. That way I didn't feel I was cheating game wise, I was just taking a shortcut to play the real games.;)

yeah I usually skip the training camp drills...I do the kicking ones though 'cause my kickers are usually around ovr 42...lol :lol:

Wildbill3
08-15-2005, 12:07 AM
yeah I usually skip the training camp drills...I do the kicking ones though 'cause my kickers are usually around ovr 42...lol :lol:I think in 2004 I did so many kicking drills every offseason, I had turk in the high 90's...:lol:

arsenal
08-15-2005, 10:50 AM
i dont bump the stats but i see no problem with it, case in point the dolphins... how are you just gonna let travis daniels be that much lower than mario edwards and howard? if i were to edit, id bring daniels up some since hes done so well and drop edwards and howard to properly reflect the team... also vernon carey ahead of macintosh...

i thought about making thse changes, but i decided to play as is, since i'll be using the dolphins when i play online i wanna use what the online rosters will be

byroan
08-15-2005, 12:05 PM
i dont bump the stats but i see no problem with it, case in point the dolphins... how are you just gonna let travis daniels be that much lower than mario edwards and howard? if i were to edit, id bring daniels up some since hes done so well and drop edwards and howard to properly reflect the team... also vernon carey ahead of macintosh...

That's usually what I do. I change the players ratings based on how they play in real life. Like last season I had AJ's passing strength in the 80's, but his accuarcy and read coverage around 60.

Speaker
08-15-2005, 03:41 PM
I dont really edit the players ratings. There names once and a while like for example "Joseph Andruzzi" i'd do "Joe".

Tar Phin
08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
I will edit some players like T. Daniels, and I will also edit player positions like making Hadnot a center (and making him at least 1 overall pt. ahead of Seth) and making Frank Middleton a guard. Most of the rest of our guys seem relatively accurate, although I can't believe Chambers is not at least a 90 in the catching category.

Buddwalk
08-15-2005, 03:59 PM
yeah I usually skip the training camp drills...I do the kicking ones though 'cause my kickers are usually around ovr 42...lol :lol:

Nice Sig DM :D

kastofsna120
08-15-2005, 05:11 PM
what's the point?
becuase you pay 50 bucks for it and you can do with it whatever you please

NJL52
08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow. I change so much, my roster is in no way shape or form similar to the default rosters. Ill give you some changes:

Jamal Lewis has 89 speed.....The man runs a 4.34 40. Clinton Portis for comparison has 96 speed. He runs a 4.43 40. I have Jamal Lewis about 96 speed and Portis about 93.

Feely and Frerotte are both 78, I have them both dropped to about 70.

Channing Crowder is a 73. He was predicted to be a top 20 draft pick until his knee injury. Injury rating doesn't drop your overall.

Zach Thomas has 98 awareness. 1 point but still, anything lower then a 99 is a vast underrating.

In Madden, the Patriots ~ God

Donovin Darius is a 91.....

Vilma is an 88. Watching him play last year granted him nothing short of a 95.

Jamal Williams is a 90.......

Keith Bulluck is a 95, best OLB in the league

Charles Tillman is a 84, hes not a star but i move him to 89ish

Polamalu is a 90. I move him to about 95.

LT is a 98.

There is more but I got bored thinking about all of it. On top of all that I move most players +/- 2 points just to put them in order of my personal rankings.