PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice Saban's ratings??

KTOWNFINFAN
08-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Saban was forgotten. The lowest a coach can be rated in any category is 40. Saban is rated 40 in EVERY category. It is like they forgot to update them or something. This makes it next to impossible to win in franchise mode.
To see for yourself you have to sim a season and go to staffing. Then go to coaching progression. It will show what he has went up to in every category but you can see what he was previously. It is freaking 40. One of the best coaches in the league is rated WAYYYYY below everyone.
And if ya think for a second it doesn't make any difference, trade coaches and then play a few games. Unreal the difference.

mor911
08-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe it's because there is no data on him.. I dunno

KTOWNFINFAN
08-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Maybe it's because there is no data on him.. I dunno

No there are other new coaches but they have ratings. I just called tech support and they said they did not know of the problem. They said it may not be able to fix it until after the season starts. That is really gonna stink. I hope they can get it fixed in time.

Prime
08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
It doesn't really hurt me because i still can win about 10 games with him at coach.

KTOWNFINFAN
08-15-2005, 04:35 PM
It doesn't really hurt me because i still can win about 10 games with him at coach.

Yeah I can do, but that is not the point. When playing in leagues where you use franchise vs other human players we are at a distinct disadvantage. Even more than just the player ratings. The player rating will not go up as quick either. It is just something they need to fix.

saves
08-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Dude, hes not one of the best coaches in the leauge yet, hes a complete unknown. Granted hes not a 40 across the board but he dosn't deserve to be Bellicheck or Parcells yet.

Buddwalk
08-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I really never sim a season...I just play every game :D

KTOWNFINFAN
08-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Dude, hes not one of the best coaches in the leauge yet, hes a complete unknown. Granted hes not a 40 across the board but he dosn't deserve to be Bellicheck or Parcells yet.

Excuse me, you are right. He is not one of the best coaches yet. However he was one of the most desired coaches in the league for a couple of years now. Dallas tried to get him over Parcells. Several other teams have also tried to get him.
As for new coaches coming in, Spurrier was a 81 and Butch Davis was a 78. We have all 3 of our other coaches (Linehan, R.Smith, K. Armstrong) rated 70, 70, 58 respectively. That means all would be better head coaches than Saban. This isn't brain surgery, they messed up, thats all. I just thought some of you may be wondering why it was so hard to win with the Fins. Make a coaching change and you will kill the people that you were playing close before. Whew I didn't think this would be that difficult. :confused:

KTOWNFINFAN
08-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I really never sim a season...I just play every game :D

?? Good for you, I'm sure that makes you special. That really doesn't have anything to do with the subject however. I was only saying if you wanted to see for yourself about his ratings, the only way I know to do it was to sim a season and then look at the staffing/progression. I know of no way to do it in season one. If there is a way, then please inform me. There should be a way, but I have yet to find it.

mor911
08-15-2005, 06:27 PM
?? Good for you, I'm sure that makes you special. That really doesn't have anything to do with the subject however. I was only saying if you wanted to see for yourself about his ratings, the only way I know to do it was to sim a season and then look at the staffing/progression. I know of no way to do it in season one. If there is a way, then please inform me. There should be a way, but I have yet to find it.
No need to be a prick about it. The guy was just telling you how he plays.:shakeno:

Fresh
08-16-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm 6-2 or 7-2 on All-Madden(I forgot - but with the vision cone ON for all you cheaters, lol)........doesn't bother me, although I don't remember the last time I lost more than 1 game before game #10 in a Madden franchise. Thankfully, it's harder, but not that much harder. I lost one game messing around trying to get Ronnie Brown over 150 at the end when I was up, and he fumbled with seconds left which gave them a GW field goal. :goof:

UltraDol-Fan
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I lost one game messing around trying to get Ronnie Brown over 150 at the end when I was up, and he fumbled with seconds left which gave them a GW field goal. :goof:

I do that all the time! :lol: I can't stand running out the clock in a video game.

PressCoverage
08-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm 6-2 or 7-2 on All-Madden(I forgot - but with the vision cone ON for all you cheaters, lol

i'm sorry... is it cheating if you keep the vision cone off? including the previous 15 versions of Madden? must be cheating?

mixmaster_matt
08-17-2005, 10:20 AM
i'm sorry... is it cheating if you keep the vision cone off? including the previous 15 versions of Madden? must be cheating?

It is when the previous 15 maddens didn't have the passing cone. If you aren't going to use it then why buy the new game? Adapt to the new game, that is what makes it challenging. Hey, if you want to win an easier way, go ahead, but if I was playing you 1-on-1 I would make you use the cone, and you would get beaten...

4evaFinz
08-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Wow, got any pricks in here? Dude, everyone has to rain on each other's parades...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Miami 13
08-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Has anyone else noticed what Ricky Williams looks like? After I downloaded the roster update I looked at him and he had full dreads, I went to change his hair but none of the hairstyles are his, especially not the dreads.

PressCoverage
08-18-2005, 02:51 AM
It is when the previous 15 maddens didn't have the passing cone. If you aren't going to use it then why buy the new game? Adapt to the new game, that is what makes it challenging. Hey, if you want to win an easier way, go ahead, but if I was playing you 1-on-1 I would make you use the cone, and you would get beaten...

ummm... you wouldn't MAKE me do anything... and i'd annihilate you...

Wildbill3
08-18-2005, 03:06 AM
ummm... you wouldn't MAKE me do anything... and i'd annihilate you...alright boys, here is the measuring stick and a table, get to work. :evil:

Motion
08-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Has anyone else noticed what Ricky Williams looks like? After I downloaded the roster update I looked at him and he had full dreads, I went to change his hair but none of the hairstyles are his, especially not the dreads.

Same pic they used in Madden 04.

saves
08-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Excuse me, you are right. He is not one of the best coaches yet. However he was one of the most desired coaches in the league for a couple of years now. Dallas tried to get him over Parcells. Several other teams have also tried to get him.
As for new coaches coming in, Spurrier was a 81 and Butch Davis was a 78. We have all 3 of our other coaches (Linehan, R.Smith, K. Armstrong) rated 70, 70, 58 respectively. That means all would be better head coaches than Saban. This isn't brain surgery, they messed up, thats all. I just thought some of you may be wondering why it was so hard to win with the Fins. Make a coaching change and you will kill the people that you were playing close before. Whew I didn't think this would be that difficult. :confused:

All I said we he was not one of the best coaches in the leauge as you said, that whole thing was not needed.

TjHawk
08-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Saban was forgotten. The lowest a coach can be rated in any category is 40. Saban is rated 40 in EVERY category. It is like they forgot to update them or something. This makes it next to impossible to win in franchise mode.
To see for yourself you have to sim a season and go to staffing. Then go to coaching progression. It will show what he has went up to in every category but you can see what he was previously. It is freaking 40. One of the best coaches in the league is rated WAYYYYY below everyone.
And if ya think for a second it doesn't make any difference, trade coaches and then play a few games. Unreal the difference.

Dude I totally agree with ya. I play franchise mode religiously. When I saw that Saban was all 40's I was like thats why my player ratings arn't going up very much. I restarted my franchise and after year 1 fired saban and hired some1 else and you can noticeably tell your player ratings go up a lot faster and higher. It frikin sucks cause I would love to use Saban as my head coach ,but Madden ****ed us Dolphins fans.

THX MADDEN

UCFinfan86
08-19-2005, 06:21 AM
How come during the season (i haven't finished a season yet) when i go to the awards (in week 11) he is leading for Coach of the year and it says his overall is 85? I havent finished a season yet to see if he is all 40's i just say that it said 85.

Pigskin Pimp
08-19-2005, 06:24 AM
How come during the season (i haven't finished a season yet) when i go to the awards (in week 11) he is leading for Coach of the year and it says his overall is 85? I havent finished a season yet to see if he is all 40's i just say that it said 85.That's your team that's an 85 overall - not your coach.

PhinsPhan
08-19-2005, 12:26 PM
In last years game it was the coaches rating.

burger13
08-19-2005, 04:42 PM
I notised after 2 years of simming (6-10 and 5-11) that his rating went UP to a 45 in most things.....I thought it wa kind of low, but didn't think too much about it.

Anyone know what Mike Nolan and Romeo Crennel's ratings are like???