PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one holding out for Blitz: the league?

Clark Kent
08-15-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't hate Madden 06, I just have Madden 05... I really don't like the new passing features either, kinda gay.

Blitz: The League (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/blitztheleague/preview_6130842.html) is an attempt to piss off the NFL for giving exclusive rights to EA.

The core of Blitz's single-player experience is its campaign, which lets you create a team, name all of its players, and edit things like uniforms, eye black, and even the look of your cheerleading squad. You'll also select coaches, a team doctor, and one rookie player and one veteran, who will both figure heavily into the game's story. Your selections have an impact on your team's style of play. You can pick various shades of conservative or aggressive, as well as build a team that's better focused on passing or running.

The game's story will also tie into how you play on the field, as you'll be given additional in-game challenges that you'll need to accomplish to proceed. Some of these might be covering the Vegas point spread. Some might ask you to injure an opposing player. All in all, the game's story is said to take around 15 to 16 hours to complete, and it will have a few divergent paths to discover.

The Vegas point spread plays into a larger gambling system that lets you wager your current cash on your games, and you'll need to beat the Vegas line to bring home the bacon. The grip you earn can be spent in a number of different ways. The first, and cleanest, route to take is new equipment. Things like new gloves will raise your ball handling stats, while shoulder pads will make players more durable. Or you can take a shortcut and spend the money on performance-enhancing substances for your players. Just like real life, the players are subject to random drug testing, and if you get caught juicing up your players, you'll get fined, and the player in question will have to remain clean for an unspecified duration.

In addition to the campaign and basic two-player games, Blitz: The League will have online play, letting you take any of the league's teams or your created campaign-mode team online to play against others. You'll be able to wager money online, just like you can when playing alone, and the game will dynamically put together a point spread for online games based on the stats of your players. Money earned via gambling is a statistic that will be tracked in the game's leaderboards, which are said to be quite deep.

I'm loving this. Midway should have a major winner on it's hand, and I for one will be buying this over Madden. It might be different next year depending on EA. If they decide to make a new game or just give the rehash of '06 which is the rehash of '05 I doubt it.

Timmy54
08-15-2005, 04:24 PM
This sound good, but as a game not as a football sim.

mor911
08-15-2005, 04:25 PM
You're not alone. I have boycotted EA sports. Not that my $50-$100 will matter to EA... It just doesn't seem worth it.

I will be supporting any other football franchise out there

Speaker
08-15-2005, 05:02 PM
It sound's cool but I'm ADDICTED to madden so I don't know when I'll get it if I ever do.

byroan
08-15-2005, 05:04 PM
You're not alone. I have boycotted EA sports. Not that my $50-$100 will matter to EA... It just doesn't seem worth it.

I will be supporting any other football franchise out there

:yes:

kastofsna120
08-15-2005, 05:10 PM
i have madden now, and this game looks fun as well. it's not like i have to pick sides, so i'll probably end up with both

JJbeatsRINGO
08-18-2005, 03:27 PM
yeah i saw a preview for this on the internet a few weeks ago and i am totally stoked for it to come out...but i couldnt hold out on my madden