PDA

View Full Version : so i broke down and got madden....my review

Slappy8800
08-15-2005, 09:13 PM
ok so i started in superstar mode

drafted third round by Jags, Ron Mexico was named the starter after TC im a 90 overall. superstar mode is kinda boring but entertaining. i give it a grade of C.

gameplay....ugh do i miss ESPN...all u need is 1 arm to touch the ball carrier and they go down...hit stick sucks...no broken/drag tackles....QB's run in slow motion, DB's knock down most every ball...vision cone is better and easier than expected, props to EA there. overall a grade of D

animation...jerseys look horrible, stadiums look nice, didnt notice any gradual dirt on the jerseys....overall grade F

menu presentation is cool with your fave team highlights..and menu is pretty easy to navigate...grade B

soundtrack...thank goodness Xbox has a HD so you can use your own songs...grade D+

Overall...graphics and gameplay need MAJOR upgrades...final grade

D

Slappy8800
08-15-2005, 09:27 PM
i also miss the TD celebration option of ESPN....

first PS game was against miami and the Jags lit them up...49-9..ouch
second game vs TB 42-6
simmed the other 2 PS games....won my first reg season game 28-14

Speaker
08-15-2005, 09:55 PM
It seems like not that many people like it, but hey I love all madden's so this game owns for me. I thought the ESPN 2k5 was too "slow motion-ish"

Slappy8800
08-15-2005, 10:13 PM
madden is the epiomy of slow motion

Prime Time
08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
ESPN and Madden both had its positives and negatives. I tried it out last year and liked it for the 20 Price tage, but no way in hell was I gonna pay 50 for that. The halftime and post game show are freakin' awesome but the franchise just sucked.

Slappy8800
08-15-2005, 10:57 PM
how did the franchise suck?

byroan
08-15-2005, 11:16 PM
ESPN and Madden both had its positives and negatives. I tried it out last year and liked it for the 20 Price tage, but no way in hell was I gonna pay 50 for that. The halftime and post game show are freakin' awesome but the franchise just sucked.

How did the franchise suck? I'm in the year 2016 on it. :lol:

GridIronKing34
08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Soundtrack is okay though, Avenged Sevenfold man.. They rock. And Disturbed and a few others, but man that rap stuff sucks lol. Madden is an improvement from last years version, but not a lot.

darkmistress
08-15-2005, 11:51 PM
How did the franchise suck? I'm in the year 2016 on it. :lol:

I have to say the franchise is ok...the lack of decent progression annoys me the most (but that's becasue I play the game to make the crappy players awesome lol) and also the fact that I can't use the phins without Wanny being there :yell: lol...other than that though they're both pretty equal and have their ups and downs...imo...

Fresh
08-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Soundtrack is okay though, Avenged Sevenfold man.. They rock. And Disturbed and a few others, but man that rap stuff sucks lol. Madden is an improvement from last years version, but not a lot.

There's only one good song on the entire soundtrack, and that's Papoose's track. It's about time the Underground King of Hip Hop gets some reps. I don't mind Slim Thug's track because of the production, although I can't stand him. They should've put Weezy, T.I., or B.G. on that track instead.

I heard about a Juelz Santana, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne - Mic Check(remix) being on the Madden 06 soundtrack, but it turned out to be a mixtape track. Shame, because Wayne & Juelz are the future. :(

Oh well, another year of muting Madden.........

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 12:50 AM
There's only one good song on the entire soundtrack, and that's Papoose's track. It's about time the Underground King of Hip Hop gets some reps. I don't mind Slim Thug's track because of the production, although I can't stand him. They should've put Weezy, T.I., or B.G. on that track instead.

I heard about a Juelz Santana, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne - Mic Check(remix) being on the Madden 06 soundtrack, but it turned out to be a mixtape track. Shame, because Wayne & Juelz are the future. :(

Juelz is the future? :eek: I don't think so, he is pretty bad...as is the rest of Dip Set.

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 12:51 AM
how did the franchise suck?

Compared to Madden it is 100% pure garbage. The trades suck, the FA signing sucks, the draft is better then Maddens, the progression sucks. Anything else?

Nappy Roots
08-16-2005, 01:01 AM

man, i love weezy and young money, but i dont know why you dont like slim thug. i thought his album was really good. and im gonna agree with prime time about this one, i think juelz is complete garbage, his flow and lack of talent lyrically just turns me off on him.

Slappy8800
08-16-2005, 01:03 AM
how exactly do they suck?

Nappy Roots
08-16-2005, 01:03 AM
man, i love weezy and young money, but i dont know why you dont like slim thug. i thought his album was really good. and im gonna agree with prime time about this one, i think juelz is complete garbage, his flow and lack of talent lyrically just turns me off on him.

also, i dont mean to turn this into a music thread but that new boyz in da hood and young jeezy is bangin...

as far as the game goes, i actually like a couple songs on there, so i put all the rock and stuff off and just listen to the songs i like over and over....after a while i just mute it and turn my computer music on...but its good right now

Slappy8800
08-16-2005, 01:04 AM
i added AC/DC,guns and roses,system of a down, disturbed to the playlist

byroan
08-16-2005, 01:08 AM
I have to say the franchise is ok...the lack of decent progression annoys me the most (but that's becasue I play the game to make the crappy players awesome lol) and also the fact that I can't use the phins without Wanny being there :yell: lol...other than that though they're both pretty equal and have their ups and downs...imo...

Yes, I hate seeing Wanny. Especially when they say his name. ugh! :lol:

Pigskin Pimp
08-16-2005, 06:08 AM
how did the franchise suck?Two words: Pre-determined Progression. Yeah, that's right - ESPN's franchise mode had predetermined progression. The draft was horrible too. The "Big Board" and Presentation of it all was cool, but the players and positions drafted were so unrealistic that I laughed the first few drafts where nothing but LT's, DE's, HB's and QB's were taken in the first round - but it was just rediculous once I realized it was like that EVERY draft.

Franchise mode was laughable in ESPN. I liked the gameplay, graphics, and presentation much more than Madden - but if you take your football games seriously than you can't take ESPN Seriously. It's a good game to get some one on one with a friend, but that's about it.

UCFinfan86
08-16-2005, 06:20 AM
i agree madden is 100% better. ESPN they moved liek blocks, they moved in slow motion and the gameplay imo was horrible. The only thing i liked was the ESPN shows

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 07:05 AM
The only thing i liked was the ESPN shows

They need to add that to Madden soon now that they THE have exclusive licenses...:D

Dolfan984
08-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Two words: Pre-determined Progression. Yeah, that's right - ESPN's franchise mode had predetermined progression. The draft was horrible too. The "Big Board" and Presentation of it all was cool, but the players and positions drafted were so unrealistic that I laughed the first few drafts where nothing but LT's, DE's, HB's and QB's were taken in the first round - but it was just rediculous once I realized it was like that EVERY draft.

Franchise mode was laughable in ESPN. I liked the gameplay, graphics, and presentation much more than Madden - but if you take your football games seriously than you can't take ESPN Seriously. It's a good game to get some one on one with a friend, but that's about it.

This post is 100% correct. ESPN is fine for 1 on 1s. Madden just blows it away on everything else.

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 04:49 PM
This post is 100% correct. ESPN is fine for 1 on 1s. Madden just blows it away on everything else.

:up:

Slappy8800
08-16-2005, 05:49 PM
i mustve been playing a different game

kastofsna120
08-16-2005, 06:03 PM
not sure which is worse, a7x, disturbed, or rap in general. i haven't played madden unmuted since i played madden2000 on the PC back in the day, and that's only cause i didn't know any better

Fresh
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
They need to add that to Madden soon now that they THE have exclusive licenses...:D

Yeah, for real. I'd be disappointed as hell if highlight shows and broadcasting/preview shows weren't included in the Next-Gen Madden.

Prime Time
08-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, for real. I'd be disappointed as hell if highlight shows and broadcasting/preview shows weren't included in the Next-Gen Madden.

Me too. I think they didn't add much this year so that next year when the Next-Gens start coming out, they will add all these features making everyone want to go out and get it. I loved Chris Berman's halftime shows on ESPN. "Olinda Mare...whoooooa!" :lol: